It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is only one kind of "football".........American football!!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Take the sport adn it's tactics
In football there can be over 20 passes per minute, passs after pass after pass.
In NFL you have a pass at what period of time?

We dont go to eat hot dogs in the stadium and wait for the game to begin after it has been interupted over and over, we go strictly for the game, for the esence of the game, no chear leaders no nothing it's just the fans and the game.

Players run 45 minutes continues after that it's a brake of 15 mins(half time) which is folowed by another 45 minutes of play.
SO the sport combines phisical efort with tactics, you must have a good phisical condition in order to make it pro.

There are so many formations you can play in.
Plus besides the formations there are tactics how the defence withdraws
how containment in the middle field is done, what type of passes will be played out if they are going to play on wings if they are going to play on short passes , how the players will act on the field and what areas they are designated and what kind of pass combinations they will play.
This are just the few.

A player that plays pro football will dedicate his life to it, he will not do anithing all day but train until he resigns from the carear when he gets older.

SO football is a combination of phisical efort you have to last, speed, art and tactics.
If one of the players do not have all he does not make it to the big clubs(teams)and does not get to play for the big stakes.

This is the reason football is the nr1 sport in the world.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Americans call it football and we call it football

Lets just leave it a that.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Ok.. I have to state the obvious. The truth is we Americans felt sorry for you Brits. I mean, we didn't want Soccer because we had to let you be better than us at something right? So we changed the rules and made it more interesting to us. As a sacrifice to make you guys feel better. This way you guys can actually be better than us Americans at something. No matter how lame it in fact is.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Ok.. I have to state the obvious. The truth is we Americans felt sorry for you Brits. I mean, we didn't want Soccer because we had to let you be better than us at something right? So we changed the rules and made it more interesting to us. As a sacrifice to make you guys feel better. This way you guys can actually be better than us Americans at something. No matter how lame it in fact is.

Nah, after the pasting we gave you in the war of 1812 you've been to scared to compete with us at anything!

Why don't Americans play Cricket, Football or Rugby?

Cos they lose! What do you play instead?

Rounders for boys and bounce the ball!

We beat you and your too scared to let it happen again!

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
Nah, after the pasting we gave you in the war of 1812 you've been to scared to compete with us at anything!

Wait a minute... Why aren't we an English colony anymore?

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
Why don't Americans play Cricket, Football or Rugby?

We do... In our own way. We took your boring, lame, old-school games and made them better. Baseball is more exciting then cricket, Football is more exciting then Rugby, Soccer... Soccer is just so lame we dropped it all together. Like I said in a previous post... We had to make concessions and let you brits be better then us at something.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Cricket and Baseball are completely different! The only similarity is you hit a ball with a bat! The fact is, baseball is a girl's game over here in the UK, * it's just not called "baseball".

"Foot"ball is more exciting than rugby?! HAHAHAHA. Stop it, you're killing me. Yes, stopping play every 10 seconds is so exciting I nearly have to change my underwear while watching "foot"ball.

Edit = *

[edit on 7-2-2006 by xeroxed88]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
"Foot"ball is more exciting than rugby?! HAHAHAHA. Stop it, you're killing me. Yes, stopping play every 10 seconds is so exciting I nearly have to change my underwear while watching "foot"ball.

Again, you have to understand football in order to like it. It's a thinking mans game with extremely in depth tactics and subtle things that can make or break a game for you. To much thinking involved for you mindless nancyball fans I guess.

It's like watching a small scale medieval battle unfold before your eyes. To much strategy and planning involved for the likes of you. I know you all just like watching guys mindlessly kick a ball back and forth until it flops into a goal. YEAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!! go team nancy!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I have no problem understanding Juank-ball. I understand it enough to know it's a big bag of testicles.

Team Nancy? I'd rather have a team called "Nancy" than something completely camp like "Redskins". WTF is that about? Do their tights chafe their bollocks red raw or something?
(Yes, I know... its to do with Native Americans, I'm not as stupid as you think I am).

HUT! HUT! 24! 22! HUT!

It's like watching a small scale medieval battle unfold before your eyes.

Except medieval warriors didn't stop every 10 minutes to talk "tactics".

There's more to football then you actually think you know. It's not just a case of kicking a ball; it's timing, power, direction, curvature of the ball etc. You don't just kick a ball and hope for the best. You AIM it perfectly. Football is a thing of beauty, NFL is just big, fat meat-heads wanting to jump on eachother and shout "HUT!"

There's also a hell of a lot more tactics involved in football than you think, too. Play on Championship Manager (I doubt you'd ever be the manager/coach of a football team, so that's the closest thing you could relate to) and you'd crap your pants in awe at how much you can do to change tactics.

Here is a screenshot of what skills a football players needs to be successful.

Now this "mindless, nancyball fan" needs to go and take his little sister to the doctors... some fat American "football" fan jumped on her.

HUT! HUT! 24!

P.S
I hope you know I'm winding you up by making you think I dont know there's tactics involved in Juank-ball. I'm just impersonating you and showing how annoying and how ignorant it is.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   

There's also a hell of a lot more tactics involved in football than you think, too. Play on Championship Manager (I doubt you'd ever be the manager/coach of a football team, so that's the closest thing you could relate to) and you'd crap your pants in awe at how much you can do to change tactics.

P.S
I hope you know I'm winding you up by making you think I dont know there's tactics involved in Juank-ball. I'm just impersonating you and showing how annoying and how ignorant it is.

I play NHL Eastside Hockey Manager my man. I know there is tactics involved in soccer. "HEY... kick that ball.... over to him... and then... kick it back to me... and then... I'll kick it back to you four more times.... Then we'll send four forwards to the front to try and score after we wear down their "D" a bit.

What me ignorant? HAHA.. never heard that before.

Blue 24!!! Blue 24!!!! HOT ROUTE!!!! HOTROUTE!!!! OMAHA!!!! HUT HUT.... HIKE!!!!!!

I'll excuse your ignorance if you can name these hands!!!!

[edit on 7-2-2006 by LostSailor]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
That looks like Brett Favre's evil twin. Those black eyes look evil.

All you soccer hooligans complain about our game stopping and starting all the time, well what about soccer? Soccer players kick the ball out of bound at least a thousand times a game. That's a stoppage, albeit brief. Soccer might be a little more palatable if there wasn't an out of bounds. Let the girls fight for the soccer ball on the wall the same way as hockey players fight for the puck against the glass.

Best way to defend a soccer player on the offense, kick the ball out of bounds and make them start again. Wow, there's some strategy for ya!:shk:

Peace

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
You think like a true American doc... But we have already done that to make soccer more entertaining.

www.misl.net...

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I wasn't aware that there was no out of bounds in MISL until now.

Well see, there we Americans go again, taking their game and making it better. I doubt our European counterparts would be man enough to follow suit. No out of bounds could cause more boo-boos and ouchies.

Peace

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Best way to defend a soccer player on the offense, kick the ball out of bounds and make them start again. Wow, there's some strategy for ya!

They don't "start again", they start from where the ball was knocked out from... the defense only does this so they can REGROUP and not let a goal in... hence them trying to win! Would u not do the same? Just let them go by you and score? Hmm...

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor

I play NHL Eastside Hockey Manager my man.

Been reading your posts here, I find it ironic that you play a hockey manager game as the tactical facets of hockey are so similar to soccer, so similar.

Also everone posting on this thread must relaize that depending on where you grew up, will decide what sport(s) your into. If you were born in almost any country besides the U.S. you would be on the other side of this agrument. Also why bother posting about how boring soccer, cricket, rugby are when it is plainly obvious you've never really watched much of any of them?
To someone who didnt grow up watching American football, it would seem overly complicated, overly structured and refereed. Which it is. Imagine watching soccer where the game doesnt need instant replays, pauses for commericals, half-time shows, etc. The game is 90 mins of sport, not a 4 hour commerical break.
I like both American football and football. They're different. I do realize that if you didnt grow up watching NFL it would seem stupid. Try to look at it from the outside looking in.

Blue 24!!! Blue 24!!!! HOT ROUTE!!!! HOTROUTE!!!! OMAHA!!!! HUT HUT.... HIKE!!!!!!

I'll excuse your ignorance if you can name these hands!!!!

[edit on 7-2-2006 by LostSailor]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bandar Paul
Been reading your posts here, I find it ironic that you play a hockey manager game as the tactical facets of hockey are so similar to soccer, so similar.

Also everone posting on this thread must relaize that depending on where you grew up, will decide what sport(s) your into.

Can't we just poke fun at each other without having to get all technical? If you really think I am that ignorant I must be doing somethin' right!

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   

There's more to football then you actually think you know. It's not just a case of kicking a ball; it's timing, power, direction, curvature of the ball etc. You don't just kick a ball and hope for the best. You AIM it perfectly. Football is a thing of beauty, NFL is just big, fat meat-heads wanting to jump on eachother and shout "HUT!"

Here is a screenshot of what skills a football players needs to be successful.

Well I've grown up with american football, and the worlds game. In fact, up until I was 12, I was taught how to play soccer by a man named Rossi who used to play for leeds, if that means anything to anyone. That and I've been raised by British, Scottish, and Irish ex-pats, and they taught me how to play. However I have to go with euro. football on this one.

American football is just too damn slow. A game that's playing time is 15 minute quarters, should not take 3-4 hours. 1.5 maybe 2 at the most. All you need to be is big and stand your ground against other big people, and you're cock of the walk.

Football you need to be extremely fit, able to change your playing in an instant, need to adjust to different positions, be able to fill in gaps for someone lagging behind, etc. It's much more challenging on an individual AND team basis. That and getting your bollocks nailed every once in a while doesn't hurt to make the game more manly.

For gods sake, did you have to use reyes? ewwwwwww

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Speaking of tactical there are so much tactics than in the NFL.
Any of the amreicans that will come out of the U.S and spend time around football game will get the fever and will see the true art.

Let's see
1 more tactics than NFL
2 More phisical efort.
3 No interuptions exept when there is a foult and the interuption can take
even couple of seconds.
4 Art.
5 Football is a busines and it will generate more money with transfers and tikets then NFL.

DO you know what is the salary for a pro football playier?
That means he has to be perfect, no screw of or of he go's.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Why on gods green earth do you have a baseball World Series when only Yank teams compete in in it?

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
5. Football is a busines and it will generate more money with transfers and tikets then NFL.

Do you know what is the salary for a pro football playier?

Those are the reasons I don't watch Football. It makes me sick knowing they're paid pretty much someone else's yearly wage in the space of a week, and for what? Playing a game? There's people out there saving lives who'll never see the amount of money football players earn.

I don't even know why I'm defending football now. Sod it, they're both as crap as each other. They should get real jobs.

I'm out!

[edit on 8-2-2006 by xeroxed88]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
5. Football is a busines and it will generate more money with transfers and tikets then NFL.

Do you know what is the salary for a pro football playier?

Those are the reasons I don't watch Football. It makes me sick knowing they're paid pretty much someone else's yearly wage in the space of a week, and for what? Playing a game? There's people out there saving lives who'll never see the amount of money football players earn.

I don't even know why I'm defending football now. Sod it, they're both as crap as each other. They should get real jobs.

I'm out!

[edit on 8-2-2006 by xeroxed88]

yes i agree with you to a point.
If they would get a job they would not be able to train properly, no time
so the sport would not be that grate.
Money motivates them to play good, that is true

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join