It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

eCHeLoN and the genetic algorythms technology...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I have a personal theory about the way echelon can work on linguistic/syntaxic datas collected on the differents modern means of communication :

genetic algorythms (GA)...

What are GA's ? Who knows ? They are many different thing : A computer programation langage based on the theory of the "game of life". But also a type of new computer processor based on the 4 genetic acid (Thymine, Guanine, Cystosine, Ademine : TGCA).

The genetic langage is more powerfull than the binary langage because the binary langage is based on 2 signals : 1 (yes) or 0 (no) but the genetic computer work with 4 signals (TGCA).

I think (this is a personal opinion) the NSA have still develloped a computer besed on this nano-tech... confidences...

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Well, genetic algorithms are just a type of programming. It's a great field, and since I'm working in that area, I'd love to discuss it with others who are involved.

Quickie explanation: in programming, you generally define how to solve the problem. Think Excel - take this number, add that one, divide by another, and you have the answer. With GA's, you often start with a bunch of inputs AND old answers, and have the software help figure out the solution. Then use that solution to find answers you don't know yet. Great for predictions, like stock prices.

www.geneticprogramming.com for more info

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   
No !

There are also some genetic computers wich create DNA chains to store informations, like an extensive memory. I know some people want to keep relatively secret the existence of genetic-nanocomputer...

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   
From what I have researched previously, biological computer systems are still very infantile in terms of the evolution of their feasibility as a working model.

Nans, if you are referring to an actual biological system running off neurons then I'd like to hear more about it.

As far as I'm aware, the modelling of neural networks is still down to actual programming principles:

To use a genetic algorithm, you must represent a solution to your problem as a genome. A genetic algorithm then creates a population of solutions and applies genetic operators such as mutation and crossover to evolve the solutions in order to find the best one.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
GA does rock. I'm not sure how they would use GA for Echelon because there's no solution to evolve. Unless you where trying to synchronize new stories with emails and the like, but that would be hard and awkward. I'm not sure if it would make sense. It's just simple keword matching. Matching bytes to bytes.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Joseph Campbell, author,thinker,philosopher....Mr. Myth

Nans, the cosmic biological computer has been working for eons

humanity can recognize the 'programme'..to us it is Myth

binary, even cubed (GATC) are only infantile crawling...

with what will we do, with greater capacity & speed?
3 dimensional holographic pop-ups?
troublesome byzantyne paths to meander thru?
'down the rabbitt hole? or 'thru the looking glass' ?
to a 'real' religious experience / mystical revelation

those myopic wizzkidds done polluted cyberspace already...creating a cyber 'ell, just wait till it komes bak to haunt them....like it did to the scientists of 'Trinity'

top topics

join