It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl next door who became a suicide bomber

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
"Murielle Degauque was, by all accounts, a normal child. A typical girl next door, you might say. True, as a teenager growing up in southern Belgium, she dabbled in drugs and preferred boys to books. But there was nothing to indicate that she would become the first Western woman to launch a suicide bomb attack in the name of jihad when she blew herself up in Iraq last month. "

news.independent.co.uk...

At first the Marine inside wanted to rage on about evil Isalm, but when I got through the article I felt sad for the world. How insane zealots can corrupt the mind of "the girl next door".

Saddness, Anger, Rage, and tears for my grandchild who has to grow up in these times.

Stop the world I want to get off............................

[edit on 2-12-2005 by thermopolis]

[edit on 2-12-2005 by thermopolis]

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
So much for "We're winning the War on Terror", if radical Islam is so persistent that it's able to recruit western educated(?) people then this kinda proves that the way the War on Terror is being approached definatly isnt the right way

Reminds me of an Einstein qoute:
"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I don't think that woman wasn't such a normal person after all. I mean seriously, not even most muslims are willing to do what she did. It seems to me more like she was brainwashed by her radical Islamic husband.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Number 1... I am sincerely glad that she failed in her attempt at committing an act of terrorism against our troops.

Number 2... I am sincerely glad that she is as dead as a doornail and can no longer perpetrate such heinous acts against mankind!

I remain ever so hopeful that future terrorists succeed in blowing themselves to hell and gone, yet fail at harming others!

new topics

top topics

join