It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How rude of me...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Hello everyone,
It appears that I have been somehow remiss in my member duties. I did not introduce myself. Well that is easily remedied. Please excuse the length as I tend to ramble on. Here goes.
My name is troylawson. I live in Williamston, MI. I own a 1991 Dodge Dynasty. I work in the pharmaceutical industry. I enjoy cycling, running, computing, gameplaying, photography, cooking only to eat, writing, reading, cinema, playing dvds, cd, and the like, traveling kind of like you guys. I am an ex-smoker and ex-drinker(8 and 7 years now respectively).
I am a U.S. Navy Veteran, spending 8 years and stationed at Camp Pendleton, north of San Diego, did a 6 mo. deployment to Okinawa, Camp Fuji, Japan, 2 weeks in S. Korea, during my year with the Marines(Oooh Raaah! Get some!). I then PCSed to NavHosp Guantanamo Bay, Cuba for over 2 years all after 8 months of initial training. The remaining time I was in the Navy Reserves. After all that I was presented with an Honorable Discharge from the Department of the Navy(suitable for framing).
I was born in San Diego, CA in 01/62. I graduated H.S. and Jr. College in San Diego with a diploma and A.S. degree respectively. I went to college in Iowa for 1.5-2 years, yet did not graduate. I then went back to San Diego to work and was on and off unemployment for about 3 years till I came to MI and worked a job for 4 years. I started a new job about a year and a half ago in the pharmaceutical industry and that brings me up to date.
I do have an idea of how the government is supposed to work, and I do care what happens to this country. I know someone with kids in the Army currently serving in Afganistan and Iraq. He told me that the guys have to PAY for their meals. Ok MRE's everyone buys when you're in the field but they also had to buy the food in the chow hall in the rear. Oh, that made me hot and I did something I have never done in the past, I wrote to my congressman! To me that was not right, and last week I got word that my congressman recieved my letter and appreciated me taking the time to write. More on that later, stay tuned. Anyway, there it is something for everyone! Hope I don't get flamed for my intro. And if you need help with your computers shoot me a line and maybe we can solve it together if you don't mind some help from an old fart who's first computer was an 80286! Anyway, thanks for having a look.
troylawson

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Well, troy, welcome to ATS.
I trust you've enjoyed your several years here?

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Welcome back to ATS troylawson!

[edit on 1-12-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Better late than never... Glad you decided to blow the dust off your membership card...

Glad you could make it, come on in and sit a spell…

Welcome to ATS,ATSNN,BTS,PTS, and Ignorance Denied.

A great way to get off to an even better start at ATS:

Zedd's Handbook of ATS Links

Other helpful links for new (and old
) members:

Asala’s New Member Advice Thread

Answers to Questions not in the FAQ

Searching and Complaining

ATS Search for “Dummies”

Member's and ATS, L.L.C. Shared Rights

Forgot to vote? Voted and still not happy? Voted and are happy, yet unhappy that others are not sharing your joy:

PTS Is Wide Open For Business

Do you really want to be heard? Make a Podcast, and let ATS know what you think!

If you have any questions, or need any help, U2U myself or any Staff Member, or use the Gripe/Idea Button.

Greetings Monkeys, not just for saying "Hi" anymore...

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Woo Hoo! Troy!

Its great to see you back.

Hopefully you are going to stick around now...

Anyhow, it was a really nice surprise to see you post. Looking forward to seeing you post again.

WOS

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Well thanks for the BELATED welcome, and I hope to contribute as I see fit, and/or pitch in my two cents or ducats as the case may be. I say lets have a "free for all" and give that a whirl...Oh yes that only works in organized sports like hockey and football. I do keep busy with my games and work and all; I work 12 hr shifts and whatnot and so forth. My favorite games are The Matrix Online, Myst V: The End Of Ages, and The Path of Neo. I am reading the Chronicles of Narnia. I am also in the third book of D'ni based on the Myst games' lore, excellent reading I highly reccommend. These were The Book of Tiana, The Book of Atrus, and the third book I can't remember, as I set it down last month.(I hate for books to be finished too fast, and I like to savor each and every page.) I also have some interesting in-game pics that I could share, just say the word. I also run my own home network of which I am the network administrator(I'm the one who flips the "On" switch, I also pay the rent and lectricity bills and I make all the rules when I run the games.) I also have a wireless hotspot to allow online play of my PSP from time to time. Chomp on that for a while...
troylawson

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
HI troylawson
And welcome

U know I didn't introduce myself either lol I thought I read something about the intro U used to join would be posted so I thought that was it. Then I saw these boards, so maybe I should go on ahead myself.

Anyway, welcome and keep on enjoying

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
HI troylawson
And welcome

U know I didn't introduce myself either lol I thought I read something about the intro U used to join would be posted so I thought that was it.

Off you go now dear, it would be remiss of you too not to introduce yourself to all of us here...

Welcome Troy nice to have you aboard around here.

new topics

top topics

join