It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Noises Coming From our Galaxy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This seems to be unreported as far as I can tell.Cannot find it as having been discussed.Comes from an obscure? Mexican newspaper.
Hope you find this as interesting as I did.Notice all the sevens attributed to this phenomenon..

www.aztlan.net...

[edit on 1-12-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well...it would certainly be more credible if it would have originated from..let's say the SETI programme..or other well known institutes..!!

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit2
Well...it would certainly be more credible if it would have originated from..let's say the SETI programme..or other well known institutes..!!

Yes, I was wondering where is SETI?
Does it mean that the N. Mexico observers are 'lucky' or this is a ruse?
Seems pretty credible to me. I am sure seti has the $$

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Dr. Scott Hyman of Sweet Briar College seems to be very real and legit as far as I can tell on the surface.

Here is the link to html form of the pdf of the Press Release dated March 2, 2005
Astronomers Detect Powerful Bursting Radio Source; Discovery Points to New Class of Astronomical Objects

Here's the Navy's version
Labstracts

Basically the cause of the radio bursts are unknown, could or couldn't be intelligent. They don't know as of yet.

[edit on 12-1-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This was covered here back in March, some interesting stuff in this thread.

Does anyone know if there's any truth in this statement from the OP's link?

On December 21, 2012 which coincides with the Winter Solstice and as the Sun sets west of Chichen-Itza, a pattern of shadow and light will project the Plumed Serpent (Quetzalcoatl) descending on the stairs of the pyramid that has a large head of a serpent sculpted in rock at the base. This occurs twice in Chichen Itza every year but on the Winter Solstice of December 21, 2012 something very special will happen. As the Sun sets in the early afternoon, the shadow of the pyramid's northwest edge will project a moving pattern of light that joins and illuminates the sculpted serpent head at the base of the stairway. Within a thirty-four minute period, the serpent, formed by this play of light and shadow will appear to descend to the earth, as the sun leaves each stair, going from the top to the bottom. This combined effect creates the visual appearance of the body of the serpent descending the pyramid. In addition, on December 21, 2012, the tail of the serpent projected up from the top of the pyramid will be pointing precisely to the star cluster Pleiades.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Thank you for those links..Wonder why SETI is staying mum on this?
After 3 years, someone should know something..The Mayan passages are perhaps a scary reality..Hope you are doing well now and are all repaired..

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
Thank you for those links..Wonder why SETI is staying mum on this?
After 3 years, someone should know something..The Mayan passages are perhaps a scary reality..Hope you are doing well now and are all repaired..

Thanks for the links and the heads up SO.

I will try to find more on this - sounds bigger than the WOW signal yet no who ha about it

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
speaking of space sounds! I trying something new (note im not that good of a DJ) last week i made a mix with sounds from space and stuff its rocked!!!

link

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The alignment on Dec 21, 2012 sounds interesting. I recall a thread somewhere about numbers and the time of 11:11 seemed to be what someone kept thinking about. I noticed the alignment is to take place on December 21, 2012 at around 11:11 universal time. At that time there will be a precise alignment of our Sun with the Galactic center according to the link posted earlier. I guess it will be a bit of a let down if nothing much happens. It would be interesting if a tv crew could film any special light effects that occur with the sun hitting certain angles of the old Mayan pyramids.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   
There is like a huge list of celestial events that are supposed to take place in 2012, I have seen mention of them individually here and there, but if anyone know of others please post them as I would like to collect all of them.

Galactic Dust storm, which has remained constant since 2005, to increase by a factor of 3 just before 2013. This is what some speculate to be the cause of increased solar activity and thus your changing weather/heating.

March 3 - Mars at Opposition
April 15 - Saturn at Opposition
May 20 - Annular Solar Eclipse (Full in North America and Asia)
June 4 - Partial Lunar Eclipse (Visible in North America Asia, and Australia)
June 12 - Transit of Venus Across the Sun
August 24 - Neptune at Opposition
September 29 - Uranus at Opposition.
November 13 - Total Solar Eclipse (Full in Australia)
November 28 - Penumbral Lunar Eclipse (Visible in Europe, eastern Africa, Asia, Australia, the Pacific Ocean, and North America)
December 3 - Jupiter at Opposition

Comets:
Helin-Lawrence
Kowal-LINEAR
LINEAR
NEAT
Hergenrother

Near Earth Asteroids closest approaches:
2003 AF23 -Jan- 0.03605
2000 ET70 -Feb- 0.04544
1998 HE3 -May- 0.03192
1998 HE3 -May- 0.03192