It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scandinavian Blackout

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Parts of Denmark and Sweden were without power for a few hours today affecting 1-2 million customers. Appearently the fault was with a Swedish Nuke Plant. This caused a chainreaction not unlike the recent blackout in the US.

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
HMMMM.

Northeastern US, then Britain, now Scandanavia. Anyone else think this seems a little beyond coincidence??? So who's next he asks inquisitively?

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 12:30 AM
link   
As a wise man said; there are no coincidences.

But thinking about it...What would someone gain by causing blackouts in this fashion?

Our modern day society depents a steady supply of electricity. If there is someone behind all these blackouts with a possible benevolent agenda, I'm thinking that the reason could be to test the different countries' preparedness to a blackout, for use in a war-like situation. I mean, it seems as if the modern world's dependency on electricity has been taken for granted, thus creating a weakness, for a possible advisary to exploit. This matter has not, as mentioned earlier, had any priority in the big scheme of things, especially with all the things going on after 9/11... Maybe that could prove a fatal mistake...

Any comments?

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Skandinavia is a large place..

Norway and Finland belong to it.. Denmark really doesnt..

And i for one havent had any problems..

The Swedes just dont have the know how.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Dam* whats happening US, Britsh, Italy, now Scandinavia.
US- old power grids
Italy- the offiacals say that because of a tree that fell on a power line the whole Italy was without power.

What Scandinavian reason for the power outage?

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 12:39 AM
link   
could this be terroists that are so smart that they are playing with our power?

[Edited on 6-10-2003 by Russian]

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Fulcrum: First of all: Look at your ATS points and then look at mine. C'mon dude, spare some!

But seriously, My point wasn't whether Denmark is a part of Scandinavia or not, which, by the way, I think it is, living there for 10+ yrs... My point was merely that with all these blackouts occuring across the world, maybe there could be a connection, maybe even an agenda? Far fetched perhaps, but, hey?! This is ATS after all, ey?

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I know that Denmark is 'offially' a part of scandinavia..

But in reality Denmark has much more incommon with Germany than with FIN/NOR/SWE..

FIN/NOR/SWE united.. rest are apart.

See my point?

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Fulcrum, just because Denmark isn't connected by land to FIN, NW and SW, doesn't mean that Denmark, the Faroe Islands, or Iceland, for that matter, isn't a part of Scandinavia? Just to follow up on your stray from the topic...It's not only about geography, the whole concept of Scandinavia is rooted in the common history these countries share, dating back to the age of the vikings. In this context, Denmark has a big part of Scandinavian history. (The language is another common denamour (sp?)Anyways, what about that point transfer? *s* And any comments on the original topic of the thread?

[Edited on 6-10-2003 by operatoreleven]

[Edited on 6-10-2003 by operatoreleven]

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 01:25 AM
link   
If people go with the second best things like these will happen.

That is what i think.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Fulcrum; please elaborate. First you say that Sweden doesn't have the know-how? Then you say that what happened was to be expected when you go with the second best?

Sweden is the only country in Scandinavia utilizing nuclear power. (Not mentioning being the producer of a few high class car brands. Throw in their extensive weapons industry, a few fighter planes...) So much for know-how.

Second best? What do you mean?

(I'm suspecting you of being from Norway or smt) LOL

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 01:40 AM
link   
What i mean:

They dont have system good enough..

Reabile back system.. there isnt one?

And also..

Finland has 4 and is about to have 5th nuclear reactor..

In Skandinavia.

And last time we had a serious 'black out' was after a major storm..

That made trees fall on power lines all over..

(i think that the lines were cut at thousands of places..)

And grid didnt fail..

The lines were just cut.. by falling trees.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Fulcrum, my bad...Forgot about Finland...
I'm still wondering where you're from, though...

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by operatoreleven
Fulcrum, my bad...Forgot about Finland...
I'm still wondering where you're from, though...

This is my answer:

Suomi Finland Perkele!

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Well, to move beyond the geography question (for the record, Denmark was settled by a tribe from Sweden called the 'Dani' at the end of the Roman period)...

There was a guy on Coast to Coast the other day who claimed that Poland would lose power next.. Could it be that his equations were just a little off?

At first, I dismissed the while UK/NE US blackouts as just an odd coincidence, but now I wonder if, indeed, something else is going on. I find it harder and harder to believe that massive blackouts are being caused by random branches hitting lines. The movie 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' comes to mind.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 02:03 AM
link   
i got a 25 cent bet that its aliens causeing these black outs.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
i got a 25 cent bet that its aliens causeing these black outs.

Thats gone man..

You will not see that coin again..

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 02:10 AM
link   
You wanna bet!?

I'll start looking for a ufo slant to all these blackouts and see waht I can come up with. I do know that in 1960s a ufo took out the power grid, so why wouldn't they do it again? Hacking the grids from different countries via computers should be pretty hard (I'm assuming they run different systems, under different languages). So I got 25 cents on this table...

edit- actually it might be more likelyt hat HAARP took these places out. I should take a look at that possibility as well.

[Edited on 6-10-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Fulcrum: Yksi Kaksi Kolme, now I know! LOL!
Onlyinmydreams: Yeah, and we all came out of Africa...*s* semantics...I read that thread about Poland being next too...Guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Oh, thinking of predictions; did you read that thread about this Japanese researcher predicting a major quake not too long ago? That turned out true, didn't it?

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 02:18 AM
link   
operatoreleven,

Originally posted by operatoreleven
Fulcrum: Yksi Kaksi Kolme, now I know! LOL!

So, why did you then asked..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join