It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran nearly started a Galactic war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
In 1976 a Iranian F-4 chased a ufo when it came close the F-4 lost communaction with the control tower it flew away again and restored communaction but then a second F-4 was scramed an acquired a radar lock when he got close he was fired upon and he tried to fire back but his guns failed

As the object and the F-4 continued on a southerly path, a smaller second object detached itself from the first and advanced on the F-4 at a high rate of speed. Thinking himself to be under attack, the F-4 pilot attempted to launch an AIM-9 missile, but he suddenly lost all instrumentation, including weapons control, and all communication. The F-4 pilot then instituted a turn and a negative G dive as evasive action. The object fell in behind him at about 3 to 4 nautical miles distance for a short time, then turned and rejoined the primary object.

Source

What i ask is what if his guns didnt fail and he got a direct hit what would happen then galactic war? or just retalation on iran?

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
There is no chance in heaven or hell that any human contraption can take out or even hit any ET craft.

Like a child with a sling shot against American military power.

Against ET American military power is the child with the sling shot.

How do I know, I was in the military.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE
In 1976 a Iranian F-4 chased a ufo when it came close the F-4 lost communaction with the control tower it flew away again and restored communaction but then a second F-4 was scramed an acquired a radar lock when he got close he was fired upon and he tried to fire back but his guns failed

I heard this story many times in Europe, but the Iranian government did denied that! According some European magazines this happened in real?! But I still don't know!

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
If this article is accurate, this would represent one of the most compelling UFO confirmations. It is a shame that there is no further documentation on this. I'm sure that the F4 must have had an in-flight recorder. I would LOVE to see footage from the F4's gun camera if it existed. BTW, I don't think that humans are capable of starting a "Galactic war" with ETs if they exist.
That's like saying a wild dog has declared war on humankind by attacking a hiker that comes too close to it's food or pups. Notice that the craft apparently jammed communications but didn't "vaporize" the interceptors, although they probably could have. Think about it this way, they leave less of a footprint if there are no casualties from their human encounters.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Sounds more like a military aircraft launching a probe that can chase any plane. Sounds like Dale Brown's story since he was in the U.S. Air Force.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Any retalitory response would only be tolerated if they pass judgement on our actions and behaviors with actions and behaviors that parallel our own laws concerning such instances. Any offensive response on the whole of a population for any agression demonstrated towards them by one individual would be strictly prohibited because this planet does not yet speak with one voice knowingly. Intentionality, our intents and theirs are what is key. And if they did do what they are capable of doing, what would we learn? They also loose, if we don't learn.

But, that is just my speculation.

Edited to add:

[edit on 1-12-2005 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE
What i ask is what if his guns didnt fail and he got a direct hit what would happen then galactic war? or just retalation on iran?

We wouldn't go wipe out Gorillas if someone studying them was killed by one.
I figure it would be the same deal for them. It would be a loss but one they would of had to considered possible - unless, like it aledgedly happened, they were never in a position of threat anyway.

You'd think they'd have some risk assessment in regards to visiting other planets and by the sounds of it, they only did what they had to to defend themselves. Worst case senario probably would of just been the fighter pilot having his plane taken out and forced to crash, no real need for anymore retaliation.

I think if the Aliens were that itching to start a fight, they'd probably wouldn't need to wait for an excuse in the form of a fighter missle.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis
I think if the Aliens were that itching to start a fight, they'd probably wouldn't need to wait for an excuse in the form of a fighter missle.

Yeah, it proves that its the military probing the Iranians. After we known for a fact that U.S. drones and possible manned aircraft are watchin the Iranians nuclear facilities.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

Yeah, it proves that its the military probing the Iranians. After we known for a fact that U.S. drones and possible manned aircraft are watchin the Iranians nuclear facilities.

I wouldn't say it proves it's Military since this story was from 1976. It just suggests that if it were Aliens, they don't start wars over something so trivial to them. They were attacked (we were obviously defending thou which you'd think they'd understand), so they defended also in a non-violent way. No need for any more action. The description in the story doesn't sound like any kind of US probe in the 70's and is even a stretch for todays probes.

America is watching Iran thou and recent UFO sightings in Iran have been accredited to US manless probes - i think it was going on for about a year before Irans military admitted that the US has been monitoring Iran, trying to get Iran to turn on certain radars and military equipment. Didn't work thou.

"It was clear to our air force that the entire intention here was to get us to turn on our radar," the official said.

That tactic, designed to contribute information to what the military calls an "enemy order of battle," was used by the U.S. military in the Korean and Vietnam wars, against the Soviets and the Chinese, and in both Iraq wars.

"By coaxing the Iranians to turn on their radar, we can learn all about their defense systems, including the frequencies they are operating on, the range of their radar and, of course, where their weaknesses lie," said Thomas Keaney, a retired U.S. Air Force colonel and executive director of the Foreign Policy Institute at Johns Hopkins University.

But it did not work. "The United States must have forgotten that they trained half our guys," the Iranian official said. After a briefing by their air force three weeks ago, Iran's national security officials ordered their forces not to turn on the radar or come into contact with the drones in any way.

"Our decision was: Don't engage," the Iranian official said. Leaving the radar off deprives U.S. forces of vital information about the country's air defense system, but it also makes it harder for Iran to tell if an attack is underway.

www.washingtonpost.com...

[edit on 1-12-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This event was covered in the French COMETA report case #25 I believe. One of the best UFO studies ever done IMHO.

I think the story also involved a second smaller UFO that came out of the main one and circled around the F-4 as it targeting controls went dead. Its highly unlikely that was any human tech in the 70s if the report is correct.

Could our tech pose a threat to UFOs?

I dont think we can assume UFOs are invincible to our weapons tech. Thats assuming aliens are as weapon oriented as humans. They could very well be peaceful and never had a need to develop advanced weapons or devensive technology. They could have for example stop weapons production thousands of years ago in their past. We also have no clue how their tech works something harmless to human Aircraft like radar could be very bad for their technology.

Then theres always the golden BB scenario

[edit on 1-12-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Both Americans and Russians are KNOWN to have shot down UFOs.

Remember, there are many different aliens, some are obviously less advanced than others and may be easier to shoot down.

Also, in the late 70s, the Brazilian AF took one down I believe.

Overall, I think it depends on just how much of a chance the ET UFO wants to give us.

That is, if it wanted I'm sure it could kill a human plane.

I remember once, when a USAF pilot was tailing a UFO, and he didn't know what to do, the AF Base told him to shoot down the UFO, and then he lost all instruments of the plane, and the US grounded their whole fleet because they didn't know what the hell to do or even what that was.

I believe that happened quite some time ago, probably during the start of the cold war.

Now we have the f16s, fa18s and the mig 29s and su 27s, and so it's a lot easier to shoot down UFOs.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Getting a missile lock on a UFO HARDLY is a galatic war.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I think its ridiculous to assume that UFOs are impossible to destroy with our weapons. I really doubt that the verage UFO is built to withstand any kind of weapon fire. I think they are strictly built to do their job- transportation. The aliens most likely rely on deception, stealth, and speed, as their 'weapons'. The trick is to hit em'...not wether we can damage them.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Nick Pope (Author of "Open Skies, Closed Minds" and former MoD UFO expert) reckons this is one of the best UFO cases around (as mentioned on his FAQ).

I first found out about this case at UFO Casebook.

I have to agree with Whompa though, I think UFOs jamming missiles is not going to raise any alien eyebrows, although it is fascinating to us.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
1.In my opinion the reason why the earth fighter could not fire was because the ufo jammed his weapons. 2.their posture towards us is not to engage us unless they first get the go ahead from a higher level of controllers. They say they have not had the go ahead. But be assured once they have been given the order they would indeed attack us and take us out if that ever became necessary. For now they mostly do evasive manuvers. That is a word phrase that they themselves use.3. They would not necessarily go unopposed as others could intervene. I do not believe that our humanarmies would have any chance whatsoever against the aliens. Which is why I find it so puzzling that our military seems to alienate all aliens.4.There are those who believe that we are almost ready for contact. But from what I've seen those are the religous kind of aliens that want to cram religion down our throats and not the kind of aliens I wish to have contact with. And I also hear that they were allowed to do what they did on the earth for a reason. The reason I would not repeat. And that in the end they are actually defeated. Those who live on the planet in the far past and in the far future can not be defeated by them and are able to stand against them. However, we are not. We are weak. They saw our weakness and allowed them to come in and even make contact. Eventually we find that they are indeed evil and find that we are in the fight of our lives. At least until we also become strong and are able to stand and withstand like those in the past and also in the future.

[edit on 3-12-2005 by grasshopper]

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Look if I ran into your house in the middle of the night, do you think it would be my fault or your fault if you shot me?

The aliens take the risk of flying into our airspace, when they should know by now, that our world is fragmented and different peoples don't trust each other. So if something flys over my head and isn't from my country, then the aliens have to know they might get shot. I can't believe they would be that dumb to think that they can do whatever they want and not scare people...it's like jumping into a pool of sharks and getting mad at the sharks for biting you.

Now if the US or Russia or the UN for that matter had an agreement with the aliens and broke it and started shooting them...do you think the aliens are going to laser blast the whole planet because one country f'd up? People give aliens credit for light speed travel so therefore they must have some incredible weapons, but then we dumb them down by saying "oh some jet or missle shot at them so now they are going to hate all of us and destoy us!". I think the aliens know what they're doing is risky so if they want to observe us then they can stay in a far orbit and be safe there.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
You make a good point. The counterpoint would be to compare what the aliens are doing to what we do to countries like Iraq. (They do give themselves permission to do the same things that we do much the same way that our own government gives themselves permission to do whatever the aliens are seen or reported to have done). When we fly over Iraq and see missile batteries locking on to us we take them out. At least that was the way it was until the second war in 2003. Even so, they do the same. They have an analogy that is kind of sick but it is their analogy. They refer to our missiles as penis's. They say that if they fly over and see our missiles they are going to castrate us. This is the way they interpret our biblical scriptures about sexual immorality.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This is one of the most famous UFO cases out there....I'm surpised so many people in the Aliens and UFOs forum don't know about it.

Anyway, I think the actions of the EBEs in this case show that they're willing to go out of their way to AVOID an interstellar war. They shut down the F-4's electronic equipment so the pilot couldn't fire and then cut it back on. Obviously if they were the warlike type they could have blown him out of the sky or shut down his plane completely letting it plummet to the ground. On the other hand, there are stories of planes ordered to shoot down UFOs that never return. But those are stories and not documented cases like the Iran incident.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
First off, I have never seen, nor have I experienced an alien. I am eagerly waiting for that to happen. As Springer said in a recent podcast, it would be one of the most awesome days in my life to know that aliens existed.

Now if it was War of the Worlds, I'd have to ask, "What took you so long?" ...I tend to agree with Jodie Foster in Contact when she says "It would be like going a hundred miles out of your way to step on an ant."

However, I do subscribe to the Drake equasion and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that secretly aliens have been on Earth and mingled with some humans.

Also, isn't is true that the gov't fakes a lot of this stuff? Like all they need is strobes and anal-probes and people will think it's a real alien, ya know?

But it seems to me from what I have read that these craft which people are seeing may be ROVs like in the movie "Titanic". I'd guess that they're programmed with a general "Do not kill natives" "Path of least resistance" protocol that guides them.

Think about it. I mean here we apes are in 2005 and they've taken that Japanese robot Aisamo or whatever and made it into a tour guide at a museum! How long before a simple UAV drone become somewhat sentient?

I'm guessing there's more military gear that is seen as UFO craft. unmanned drones occurred to Hitler's guys so that's seventy years of working on them. Billions in black budgets can make some cool flying craft, I'm sure. As an American who's somewhat informed, I'd still say that 80% of the military hardware iceberg lies submerged, unseen by the general US electorate.

[edit on 3-12-2005 by smallpeeps]

new topics

top topics

join