It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The KKK. Are they masons in disguise or practicing occultists?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
A lot of KKK members are christians and profess that god made them the most advanced race and that his will is to destroy all others.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a lot of masons call themselves christians as well. So perhaps masons, kkk, ocultists, christians, and who ever else are all potentially linked together.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

I'm sorry - WHAT? This is quite possibly the most questionable use of logic I have ever seen in my entire life. And let me tell you, I've seen quite a few questionable statements of logic. The fallacy here is so mind-blowingly simple I submit that this is yet another attempt to bait the masons.

But just in case anyone was nuts enough to actually believe this, observe the following: individuals all have different characteristics. That one person has a variety of different characteristics does not mean that the entire group shares them.

For example, I know a female stripper who is also catholic. This means that there is some relationship here and all female catholics must be strippers, and all female strippers must be catholics. You can insert any characteristic for "female" "stripper" and "catholic."

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
LOL! I think that leira7 was trying to be sarcastic.

BTW, if you don't believe the Holy Bible to be correct about Jesus then why didn't you just say so? Or is that just a fallacy?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

Correct, that would be you using - yet again - another logical fallacy. This time you would be using a red herring. I have never said I didn't believe in the Bible. Nice try, but your bait fails again.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
In the past many of the hood wearers hung up their hoods and joined the local lodges in their towns. In the old days, the Clan was thriving with over millions of memberships, but racist hateful men and women turned this organization into a hateful terror group.
Although, many still had their hateful ways, they were accepted in many of the Masonic Lodges. The saying the Invisible Empire was started because the ignorant men and women discovered something very intriguing, if we practice our beliefs behind closed doors, no matter how high on the political ladder a member is, they will still have to answer to the Grand Worshipful Master and their fellow Masonic brother.
I wrote about something that continues to create discomfort in many lodges, especially those in the southern states of the United States. Black Prince Hall Masons and White Masons are not permitted to practice in the same lodge. Some lodges are now allowing the two to practice under one lodge, but much of that could be membership promotion. The knowledge the Masons teach is a lot older than European Freemasonry.
Racism is our worst enemy. King Solomon fell in love with Queen Sheba who was a black Queen who ruled Sheba, Ethiopia and regions in Arabia. If King Solomon was any other color than a black man, he would be considered in racist eyes as a "Nigger Lover". But, again this knowledge is far older than Freemasonry, so many of the hateful racist would not understand it nor their degrees. They wouldn't understand the reenactment rituals, the importance of Harim Abiff, the Compass and the Square. They are only using the Masonic Lodges for personal gain and recruitment of men and women who share their racist views. Are there KKK members in Masonic lodges today, sure there are. But unfortunately, you can't get rid of all the termites in your house.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by blaqmyst
In the past many of the hood wearers hung up their hoods and joined the local lodges in their towns. In the old days, the Clan was thriving with over millions of memberships, but racist hateful men and women turned this organization into a hateful terror group.
Although, many still had their hateful ways, they were accepted in many of the Masonic Lodges. The saying the Invisible Empire was started because the ignorant men and women discovered something very intriguing, if we practice our beliefs behind closed doors, no matter how high on the political ladder a member is, they will still have to answer to the Grand Worshipful Master and their fellow Masonic brother.

Do you have ANY evidence about this WHAT SO EVER? Or are you literally just making stuff up? Yet again, I remind the anti-masons that if you are going to propose something radical, the burden of proof is on you to prove it to us.

I wrote about something that continues to create discomfort in many lodges, especially those in the southern states of the United States. Black Prince Hall Masons and White Masons are not permitted to practice in the same lodge. Some lodges are now allowing the two to practice under one lodge, but much of that could be membership promotion. The knowledge the Masons teach is a lot older than European Freemasonry.

You wrote about something that creates no discomfort in my lodge, because let me tell you we are a classical southern lodge and there is not one KKK member in the lodge, nor was there ever, nor could there be. Practices of the KKK are completely unmasonic. You are also spreading a lie: prince hall masons and "everyone else" can practice in each others lodges in a supermajority of the states.

You should stop trying to claim who is and is not in a masonic lodge until you have proof.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
My friend,
Please calm your writings. I don't just speak to speak, and I assure you I am well educated in Masonic practices. I will bring to you what you want shortly. Please don't use your lodge in the "South" to defend the many lodges in the south that still have racist members in it. But let me bring you what you requested.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Let me first clear the statement Lightness. The Clan had over 4 millions in membership in the 1920. Many of these members made their way into Freemasonry.
www.masonicdictionary.com...

Please read the whole article before replying.
I will continue to bring you more.
Second, retract your statement about haters of Freemasonry, I have no hatred towards the fraternity or it's members. So, choose your words wisely.

Now, we will move on to the PHA.

mwantioch.com...
Although the Grand Lodge in England recognize Prince Hall, it is still up the state lodges. You can't possibly sit here and hoodwink us all to believe that there are no more racist members in Masonic lodges. Although Masonry is not racist in origin, there are members who are.

Edit to add article.

I apologize for using the word hoodwink, it is not meant in a angry manner. It comes from years of watching members conduct and their reasonings to explain the questionable behavior. I don't get in the Albert Pike arguments or the Masons are devil worshipers non-sense. Will I choose to travel in the future, possibly, but not until Masonry is rid of racism completely. The evils of men will prevent this from happening, so I guess I will never travel.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by blaqmyst]

[edit on 16-12-2007 by blaqmyst]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LightinDarkness

I've read Blaqmyst's posts on here before, and i don't consider him an anti-Mason. Also, I have to agree with his basic thought here: the founder of the modern KKK back in the 1915 was himself a Mason (although not a very good one). He also belonged to the Oddfellows, the Moose, and various other fraternal societies. It is also known that there was indeed a cross-section of members in both the Masons and the Klan between the 1920's and the 1960's, including even Harry S. Truman. Truman later went on and denounced the Klan, but many did not.

I agree with you that Klan practices and philosophy are completely unmasonic, but most Klan members aren't exactly great scholars, and certainly haven't spent any time studying and practicing the great teachings of the Craft.

And while cross-membership in the Klan and Masonry has now almost completely died out, with modern Klan groups themselves joining the Christian Identity movement and adopting anti-Masonic, conspiracy theorist views, it is nevertheless true that racism continues to be a problem with some Masons, especially those who grew up during segregation. This is changing, with younger members now replacing the older ones, but it still remains a factor. Masonic blogger "The Widows Son", a member of a Lodge under the Grand Lodge of Georgia, has much to say on the subject on his site.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The KKK is not the only organization stealing and misusing the knowledge taught to Freemen. I am pleased that many lodges are allowing PHA to worship in one lodge, one step at a time, literally.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

You got a lot of heat for your statement, but I actually think its quite humorous

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Let me first clear the statement Lightness. The Clan had over 4 millions in membership in the 1920. Many of these members made their way into Freemasonry.
www.masonicdictionary.com...

Please read the whole article before replying.

An article without sources simply declaring racism in the fraternity is not proof it exists at any institutional level. Racism exists everywhere and in every institution, but this entire post makes it seem as though the fraternity somehow holds more racism than any other group. I am quite sure you could find a lodge somewhere that has a few racist members. That does not mean the fraternity as a whole is racist or has a density of racism that is in any way larger than any other national institution, which - like it or not - is the implication of this thread.

Anyone can write an article without sources declaring something to be a "fact." The fact that it also uses weasel words "Some say..." makes it even more questionable.

Now, we will move on to the PHA.

mwantioch.com...
Although the Grand Lodge in England recognize Prince Hall, it is still up the state lodges. You can't possibly sit here and hoodwink us all to believe that there are no more racist members in Masonic lodges. Although Masonry is not racist in origin, there are members who are.

This argument is based on the implication that it is unusual that state lodges have free reign on recognition practices. This is completely normal. All state lodges can choose to recognize whomever they want. There is nothing unusual in that.

I have yet to see where this whole "OMG MASONS HAVE RACISTS!!!!" line of reasoning has any innate point. In an institution as large as masonry, I would expect to find people got in who shouldn't have. Look hard enough, and I am quite sure you will find at least one racist, homophobe, holocaust-denier, or any other characterization that is viewed as negative by society. This does not actually mean anything as far as the character or purpose of the fraternity, neither is it surprising.

Your use of hoodwink reveals that there might be an agenda going on here. I don't have to provide any reasoning for as to why you will certainly find a handful of racists scattered throughout the fraternity - it is obvious that this would be reality, and that it doesn't actually say anything about the quality or character of the institution. I only respond because it does seem such an obvious statement of fact and has no innate meaning that I am curious as to why this is even a thread. Unless, of course, you were using this line of reasoning to make a sweeping generalization logical fallacy. But then your generalization would be a fallacy.

If you choose to not join masonry because racism exists, you will never join. Masonry cannot see into the hearts of men, and I assure you there will always be hidden racists in every institution. To be consistent, neither should you be a member of any other group in the United States. To do so would be, at the least, being very inconsistent. Look carefully at any group you are a member of, and tell me if you look hard enough that you can find no evidence of racism from at least one person, or prove no one is a hidden racist. That people with certain undesirable characteristics are members of a group does not in any way mean that the group as a whole has institutionalized those characteristics.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

The KKK is not the only organization stealing and misusing the knowledge taught to Freemen. I am pleased that many lodges are allowing PHA to worship in one lodge, one step at a time, literally.

There is no worship going on at any PHA or or "white" lodge that I am aware of. Even when people from PHA visit a AFAM/FAM lodge, I'm quite sure there is no worship.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LightinDarkness

I'm sorry people, I was not meaning to sound like I was saying that all christians are kkk people, but I do know some people that are all three. but I won't say anymore. Sorry for the confusion.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I wasn't trying to be funny. But sometimes it feels good to play the dunce every now and then. I had a long day then, so forgive my poor reasoning skills. lol

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by blaqmyst

It's unfortunate. In some parts of America, there cannot be a union between the Masons. They have to segregate themselves racially (black masons and the white masons sometimes in a town of less than 40,000) . I have seen this for myself but again, everyone there is old. So it may be how they were raised then.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by blaqmyst

Greetings blaqmyst

What do you think of my posts toward the current-end of the following thread?

Albert Pike and the KKK?

Perhaps you could reply to them in this thread where it is more on-topic?

[edit on 18-12-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
It's unfortunate. In some parts of America, there cannot be a union between the Masons. They have to segregate themselves racially (black masons and the white masons sometimes in a town of less than 40,000) . I have seen this for myself but again, everyone there is old.

Actually, in some parts of America there cannot be a union between the Peoples. Black districts and White districts, Black churches and White churches etc etc. Please note that there is a huge difference between discrimination and self-segregation.

Freemasonry has always reflected the society in which it is embedded. No-one should be surprised by this, as freemasons are a product of their local culture just like everybody else. Looking at the way freemasonry is conducted in any given country can tell you an awful lot about that country.

So it may be how they were raised then.

Well spotted Sherlock

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman

Actually, in some parts of America there cannot be a union between the Peoples. Black districts and White districts, Black churches and White churches etc etc. Please note that there is a huge difference between discrimination and self-segregation.

Self-segregation can be caused by fear and discrimination.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join