It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The KKK. Are they masons in disguise or practicing occultists?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I just want this cleared up. I was just reading some KKK stuff. Not that I'm into that sort of thing.
And I found some strange things about the KKK. The hierarchy is what puzzled me. When it started mentioning a Grand Wizard and his ten genii, Grand Dragons of the realm, and their furies. There's a Grand Cyclops, A Grand Turk, A Grand Scribe, A Grand Titan. etc. I found it queer to be quite honest. I searched a little into the official history of the KKK, and some of the things that the KKK baffle me a little bit.
I will examine the levels later. But first I will like to focus on the original aims of the KKK.

1. To protect the weak, the innocent, and the defenseless from the indignities, wrongs, and outrages of the lawless, the violent, and the brutal; to relieve the injured and the oppressed; to secure the suffering and unfortunate, and especially the widows and orphans of Confederate soldiers.
2. To protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, and all laws passed in conformity thereto, and to protect the States and people thereof from all invasion from any source whatever.
3. To aid and assist in the execution of all Constitutional laws, and to protect the people from unlawful seizure, and from trial, except by their peers, in conformity with the laws of the land."

Those rules were made up in 1865-66. It didn't seem to mean to have any sort of overall racist agenda. It seemed to be more about looking after the Southern folk a neighbourhood watch or something. No mention of the lynching or the persecution of black people. I find it strange that a racist organisation, has nothing on any rules of race. Can anyone help me see if there is any? I'm talking about the rules of the KKK, not their crimes. I also found out that the KKK use costumes similer to The Nazerenes. The Nazerenes being a 15th century Christian sect, who's only connection with the KKK is their costume. Nothing in their ideology says anything about being racist or whatever.

I'm also admittably perplexed by the Ku and the Klux in the KKK. Do they have any significance? What does Ku mean? What does Klux mean? Does it have any magical connotations? Does KKK actually have a special significance in magic, like 666? Any answers would be nice. It should also be known, that the KKK in the beginning met in graveyards, and there were reports of strange things in the night, or at crossroads.

The hierarchy also raised my attention. What is with the strange titles? Grand Wizard? Are Masons also titled with such obscure titles as Grand Dragon and Grand Giant? I find it queer, that they are based on mythical/pagan creatures. Does that mean they dabbled in black magic?

Also, I sadly have to believe that my ancestors had a hand at the creation of the KKK. It was the words of Sir Walter Scott, that gave the reasons for the KKK to exist. Scott introduced the idea of chivelry, honour and defending one's land against interlopers and invaders. This may have unintentionly gave birth to the idea of the KKK, even if was started for good reason. Scottish ancestors who had crossed over also brought with them the "Fiery Cross". The symbol often used by the KKK actually can find it's origins in Scottish history.

So here is the question. Are the KKK actually masons in disguise or do they dabble in the dark side?

Here is a list of websites I checked for reference.

The KKK hierarchy and history.

www.kkklan.com...
reactor-core.org...

The Occult and the KKK

www.exposingsatanism.org...

The Nazerenes

www.flamencoshop.com/semanasanta/home.htm
www.expatica.com/source/site_article.asp?subchannel_ id=83&story_id=18286&name=Rite+of+passage%3A+... - 45k - 30 Nov 2005

The KKK and Scotland connection.

www.pointsouth.com...
thecapitalscot.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I had occasion to delve into this topic many years ago for a class assignment. The name originated from the Greek word "kyklos" (circle) and "clan". Ultimately phonetically and alliteratively modified to be Ku Klux Klan. There's no mystical or magical connotation to the name.

The original group that began post civil war was outlawed and prosecuted out of existance in the 1870's. It was reborn in 1915 due in no small measure to D.W. Griffith's "Birth of a Nation" silent film glorifying the Klan. There have always been multiple groups calling themselves "Klu Klux Klan". There was a period in the 1920's when the Klan did wield some significant political power, and in fact at least one state governor was a Klansman. That pretty much crumbled after high ranking Klansman D.C. Stephenson was convicted of rape and murder.

Any connection between the Masons and the Klan is undoubtedly limited to some historical overlap of membership and (IMHO) not a result of official Masonic teaching being in sympathy with the Klan's agenda.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Great Post.

As for Masonry and KKK. In my studies I've found some of the symbols of Masonry used in the KKK.

The Iron Cross for example. The KKK Cross is exactly the same as a Masonic Cross.

In some cases people who were in KKK were also members of a local lodge. But I don't think everyone would have known. Only the KKK Masons would have known who was involved. There were definately KKK members and Masons who were only involved in one or the other so not every Mason was a KKK.

Although Albert Pike was many things. KKK, Occult Wizard, and 33rd Mason.

Every Mason who reads this must read Pikes Literature. Then you will fully understand Masonry in a new light.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Huabamambo
Every Mason who reads this must read Pikes Literature. Then you will fully understand Masonry in a new light.

Many of us here have been reading Pike for years. He's one of my favorite writers.

And, no, evidence points to Pike not being a member of the Ku Klux Klan.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I don't buy that Ku Klux just means "circle clan". I suspect you could find some different meanings for Ku and Klux. I wonder what Ku or Klux means in other languages. I think I recall somewhere that Klux in Slovakian for a type of fairy who does evil things, for the sake of doing evil. Eats children as well : /.
I just find it quite queer that these ill-educated Southerners created a name so obscure like The Ku Klux Klan. I mean, we still don't know what it means, and we are only speculating on what it could be. Another question would be, who suggested such a name? And where did they get the idea from?

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Huabamambo
The Iron Cross for example. The KKK Cross is exactly the same as a Masonic Cross.

So jesus is a kkk'er, check.

In some cases people who were in KKK were also members of a local lodge.

First off, masonry, especially in those days, was racist. Blacks weren't admited into whites only lodges. There was, apparently, a lodge in england called "Prince Hall" or the prince hall system of lodges, that had blacks in it, and any black american masons tended to be "Prince Hall Masons".

HOWEVER this, as far as I know, only applies to the US. Masonry in Sierra Leon, for example (this is at a later period) was very enthusiastically taken up by freed black slaces and their descendants.

Anyway, I get the impression that there was a combination of Masons and KKKers in no small part from the 'struggle' between catholics and protestants in religion, with masonry being seen by many as anti-catholics, and of course the KKK was completely against 'papism'.

Although Albert Pike was many things. KKK, Occult Wizard, and 33rd Mason.

Why do you say Pike was a KKKer? Upon what records?

I don't buy that Ku Klux just means "circle clan". I suspect you could find some different meanings for Ku and Klux. I wonder what Ku or Klux means in other languages.

That is the other language, cyclos. cuclos. kuklos. kuklus. kuklux. Ku Klux. The "Knights of the Golden Circle" is what i've heard as an alternative name to the original group or a preceding group.

I just find it quite queer that these ill-educated Southerners created a name so obscure like The Ku Klux Klan

Who said they were ill-educated? Racists? Sure. Whats that got to do with anything? Spike Lee is racist, but he's a pretty smart guy. In those days, keep in mind, people valued education far far more than today and it was par for the course for people who had any education to have some understanding of greek latin, poetics, rhetoric, geometry, etc.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
If memory serves me the "Prince Hall" lodges were formed and sanctioned
during the revolutionary war in these United States By SR lodges from england.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
"Prince Hall" Masonry is in reality "historically black" Masonry in the United States.

If you'd like more information on the history of Prince HallThe Grand Lodge of British Columbia and the Yukon has a pretty good website.

DD

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
There was a recent ATS discussion about Albert Pike and his membership of the KKK here. As I recall the upshot was then nothing could really be proved one way or the other but it seemed likely that Pike was not a racist.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
I don't buy that Ku Klux just means "circle clan". I suspect you could find some different meanings for Ku and Klux. I wonder what Ku or Klux means in other languages. I think I recall somewhere that Klux in Slovakian for a type of fairy who does evil things, for the sake of doing evil. Eats children as well : /.
I just find it quite queer that these ill-educated Southerners created a name so obscure like The Ku Klux Klan. I mean, we still don't know what it means, and we are only speculating on what it could be. Another question would be, who suggested such a name? And where did they get the idea from?

They were FAR from ill-educated. In fact, they were probably more educated than many people on this board, as many of the founding members were Southern aristocrats who were taught by the finest teachers or sent to the finest schools in Europe and the US. They were very well read and educated in many languages, as that was required of any good genteel southerner. And they were very wealthy.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Then pray tell me, what does Circle Clan mean? And who suggested the name?

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan#endnote_etymology]>>LINK

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I remember (not always trustworthy, since I can't find my car keys, either)

That Nathan Bedford Forest was involved in the original KKK. "Golden Circle," I thought, referred to the southern officers who refused to swear loyalty to the union after the close of hostilities

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Forrest was brought in after its inception. Like most groups, it went through several iterations. Started off with six bored guys and went from there. Hey, we got some guys. Now what do we do? I know, let's call Nathan. He'll have an idea. (whoops)

"Is this your homework, Larry?"

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
So. Does anyone know that if the KKK indulged in occult activities? I think I recall somewhere they did. Y'know, with their death threats, some of it was very odd. More to do with dark age jargon I think. I just call it pointless jibber jabber.

Also another question, did that Forrest bloke help close down the KKK when they got all lynchy?

Cug

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   

So. Does anyone know that if the KKK indulged in occult activities?

The Modern KKK nope. They think of themselves as hard core Christians, so I'd have to think they would share the views with other fundamentalist Christian groups on the Occult.

In fact as the qabalah is featured quite heavily in the occult in one way or the other, They would probably call the occult an evil Jew thing.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Is that the hokey pokey Jewish thing that Madonna joined? Well, if she joined, then it must be pure evil!

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

So. Does anyone know that if the KKK indulged in occult activities? I think I recall somewhere they did. Y'know, with their death threats, some of it was very odd. More to do with dark age jargon I think. I just call it pointless jibber jabber.

They were, at least nominally, a "Christian" organization, inasmuch as they only accepted Protestant Christians as members.

Also another question, did that Forrest bloke help close down the KKK when they got all lynchy?

Yes. Forrest was Grand Wizard, and ordered the Klan disbanded. All the respectable gentlemen in the KKK left at that time, and were replaced by terrorists.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Ta Masonic Light. You seem sort of knowledgeable. Is the KKK's hierarchy similer in someways to the Mason hiearchy? Was it made by a ex mason, or a disenchanted mason perhaps? Have the KKK and the Masons overlapped to some degree with a member being connected to both organisations?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Ta Masonic Light. You seem sort of knowledgeable.

My grandpappy once told me that if I ever heard those words, to run, not walk, to the nearest border.

Is the KKK's hierarchy similer in someways to the Mason hiearchy?

Presumably, yes. I'm not an expert on the Ku Klux Klan, but they consider themselves to be a fraternal order, and most fraternal orders are organized in more or less the same manner.

Was it made by a ex mason, or a disenchanted mason perhaps?

Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest, the KKK's principle founder, was an Entered Apprentice, or First Degree, Mason. I do not know exactly why he never progressed to become a Master Mason. It is claimed by some that Albert Pike was also an early member. This is much disputed, as no source documents exist, and in all of his many books he never mentioned the Ku Klux Klan.

Have the KKK and the Masons overlapped to some degree with a member being connected to both organisations?

Unfortunately, there have been Masons in the past who were members of the Ku Klux Klan. On the other hand, and fortunately, there have been Klansman who joined the Masons, and after accepting the teachings of Masonry, had left the Ku Klux Klan, and denounced it after having a change of heart. Harry S. Truman and Strom Thurmond are examples.

Today, the modern Ku Klux Klan is part of the so-called "Christian Identity" movement, involved in paramilitary militias. They are generally anti-government and pro-fascist conspiracy theorists, and thus are also anti-Masons.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join