It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help with sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Hello to all,

I really envy the people that have had good quality sightings. Mine have been of the lowest level,
lights in the sky types, indistinct, inconclusive, and unexciting.

Back in the early to mid 60's on a clear dark night, I saw a faint star-point of light traveling across the sky on a east-west axis (I forget which actual direction). Satellites were few in those days so I assumed it was a high altitude jet and that I was seeing it's exhaust fire. It traveled in a straight line, the only aberration was in it's apparent velocity. It seemed a little slow, and it's speed seemed to vary. It appeared to come to a stop every second or two, and then resume it's slow speed for about the same time interval. I tracked it for about one quarter of the sky and then got bored and went back into the house.

My question is: is this apparent 'velocity aberration' just a 'trick of the eye' or is there some other simple terrestrial explanation?

I will appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Paul

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Heck your not to far away if you ever get out to Detroit take a look around when I pop my head out on weekends I always see something odd. Its so strange. Big elegant glowing orbs. I am lost though really. I see them certain places and times than a hellicoptor or plane always and I mean always comes zooming in WTF!

I will meet a lil green spoace man yet! I promise or an angel! a pretty Angel hubba!

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
some times what you are seeing is a satelite it is only when it makes a random direction change that you can be almost certain it is a ufo I've seen hundreds of these kind

however I saw one that for certain conferms that their are ufo's my friend was their he saw it too
the sky was almost compleetly overcast we could see the moon to the east on this particular night the moon was huge sill not sure why it was, for some random reason I fealt the urge to walk in to the middle of the street at this time at night their a rarly any cars so I walk out to the middle of the street I'm standing there my friend was wondering why I did this so he follows and we sand their talking for a few moment the I suddenly look up and thus my friend also looked up and just as we did their was this huge ball of light that quickly came down out of the clouds hovered directly above us for about 5 secconds then shot off in the direction of the moon

now that was by far the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life

I wish I had a video camera that would have convinced everyone of the existence of aliens and ufo's

[edit on 12/5/2005 by Salanthus]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Atmospheric conditions can make a satallite look as if it is stopping or changing direction slightly.

When it is a dramatic course change or pause; usually a plane. Right angle turn, prolonged pause could be a UFO.

new topics

top topics

join