It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

another link to ex military sites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
www.undergroundkent.co.uk...

this is quite an interesting site, it shows many ww2 sites and facilities left over from ww2, i found the 'towers' in the thames estuary quite interesting.

Regards.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
There was a sea fort somwhere off the river mersey i believe. It was pulled down in the 1950s. Not long ago, I went to a Nuclear Bunker called hack green in Cheshire.

www.hackgreen.co.uk...

www.bunkertours.co.uk...

www.arksecurestorage.co.uk...

This one looks interesting

www.japar.demon.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
i actually used to live near hack Green, i was at collage in Natwhich at 'Reaseheath'........i read your link with interest. Thanks.

Regards.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The sea fortress you speak of were loacated both sides of the river, at abot 5 miles out from new brightion. there was also one situated at The Bar which is about 15 miles out in Liverpool Bay.

The Western Aproches, situated under Old Hall Street, Liverpool. Was one of the most important millitery posts in the world. From there the Battle of the Alantic was faught and won.

Western Aproches

Please let me kinow what you all think.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I know about the Western Approaches but i have never bothered to visit it for some reason. Try the Maritime Museum, there is(or was) a display about the Blitz, I went to see it and thats were i found a model of a Sea Fort. Also try the Liverpool Life Museum, There are some WW1/2 stuff there too.

How about the Birkenhead Historic Warships HMS Plymouth/Onyx and the German U-534? Another Ex Military thing in Merseyside.

Just think all three of us on this thread are from north west britain!

I wonder why optimus fett is now banned?

[edit on 21-12-2005 by Browno]

new topics

top topics

join