It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Bill,

IDK.. Doesn't really answer the question for me. Seem's rather off they would wait till the death of the last exchange member to let this information slip. Why go through all that time of keeping this a secret, then just letting it go after the key people in the story are dead? Just doesn't add up. If they're wanting to do a public release, going through some unknown person doesn't seem to me to be a very logical believable way to do so. Why not post the information out in the open officially, goto the media openly, or have a book written up by one of the official's involved with the project.

Why were you chosen? Who are you exactly? I've never heard of you, so why would the government pick you, someone unknown to the majority of the public as an experiment to see how we would take such information? There's no logic behind it. I'd be more apt to believe someone well known from the media then some unknown person. So would the majority of the public who aren't even going to see your website.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix

The Goverment is interested in finding the leak of the project name or determining if it was just coincidence. Thus the multiple reviews and gleaning of posts to determine if any classified information has been leaked that could compromise the "project".

It fits the hype model to discuss the "secret pictures" and then to not have them, resulting in this ferver over what happened. Who is Anon, why is he not posting.

You all have verified this model.

Do you have proof for any of these statements? How do you know the government's take on this - your statements are made as though they are fact. Are they based on evidence or are you just speculating, as well as most of the posters here are doing? If you have proof to counter any of the claims being made - please provide them so we can lay this to rest once and for all!

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by rdube02

Originally posted by Bill Ryan
I'm an idealist and have been al my life. I'm a mountaineer, and am used to taking controlled risks and thinking quickly on my feet in tricky situations. I also work with people and am used to handling groups, and I've also done some writing. I'm reasonably bright and have a background in science. I've been interested in UFOs and the paranormal all my life (and have had some intriguing experiences of my own) and so what's happening here is for me a kind of culmination of this, an unplanned opportunity to bring what skills I have to bear on an important problem for the benefit of all... if I can.
[edit on 18-1-2006 by Bill Ryan]

Bill - thanks for the great response. I does show a lot about you. I am a fellow mountaineer as well, and you are absolutely showing here in the forum the kind of dedication and persistance you have to have in mountaineering. Kudos to you there.

My major concern wasn't so much the financial aspect, as the fame that can come along with being involved with a hyped up story like this. Many writers in the UFO field almost tend to try to one-up eachother with the stories they "uncover", in order to gain more notariety than the next guy. You said you have background in science, so does that mean your "day job" is in science and not in journalism or writing?

By the way - $50/month seems high for web hosting... I pay something like $129/yr... You might want to shop around... *laugh* Just to help you out - I use webmasters.com - in case you wanted to save a little cash...

It's more the notariety thing that bothers me about all of this...although I have yet to see anything from you that warrents distrust to this point, so I back your work 100% and should disclosure happen as soon as 2006 - we'll all be better off for it, and it will absolutely be in large part to the work you have done here. So thank you for that.

Sincerely,
rdube02

Yes, it feels like a Himalayan big wall climb! (And I thought I was only going out for a bit of bouldering...)

The expensive web hosting was primarily because I had to increase the bandwidth to 20 Gb/month to make sure the site didn't crash with spikes of hits (e.g. after radio interviews, new posts etc).

My "day job" is in team development, leadership and management training, conflict resolution, and so forth. All about people working together. I'm trying to bring that experience to bear here also. (You're right: there are aspects of the UFOlogy community that need it.)

The "notoriety" thing is interesting. Every now and then I'm momentarily hurt when someone doubts my motives or thinks I'm a hoaxer (etc etc), but then I wonder what it's like being a politician!

Interestingly, the corporate principles of handling complaints hold very true. In business, if you deal with a dissatisfied customer really well, that customer often becomes more loyal than all the rest because of the quality of personal service they receive to turn them round.

I've received one or two attacks in various places but each time have made a point of making friends with the attacker, who's usually got his or her wires crossed and is not actually malevolent only passionate. I straighten things out and then some of those people have actually become good friends. But I can see how tempting it is to throw the mud back, and that's the weakness we all have to retaliate if we feel injured.

That's 90% of the reason this territoriality develops. My bottom line is that any researcher or commentator who's hung about in this difficult battlezone for twenty years without quitting is a total hero. Almost everyone in the UFOlogy community, working for truth and disclosure, should be heralded. In the meantime, no wonder some of them feel bruised!

Best, Bill

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
i still say this is just a hoax. I listened to the podcast and im sure mr ryan did something to his voice.
or is it david icke?

The website is in england - isnt ickes stuff based there too?

serpo - is this short for serpent - ie ickes claims.

with reference to the podcast - sorry bill, again i must be honest - you talked alot - but you didnt say alot.
I must confess i ended up bored silly and just gave up listening about 40 minutes into it.

I beleive the guy who interviewed you became bored with the 3rd person opinion. - ie he said this - he said that..well if you say so bill...these are just entitys at the moment - even you dont know the names. (i did notice you was happy to divert from the questions alot of the time too)

I listend to the tech this guy was using to pass on this merry go round of information - (i noticed several times even you became tongue tied...) - did this guy make this aperatus? the gizmo he uses seems to disjointed, it would perhaps be more akin to something baron frankenstien would make.

the release of information is terribly slow - i just dont buy this whole thing due to this drawn out stuff.

does the guy time travel? you know - he has email but it deletes it after 90 days? if he was savyy with making his own email address - then hes savvy to change the frequency his emails are deletted!

Sorry mr ryan , im not finished with this yet.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Produkt
Why were you chosen? Who are you exactly? I've never heard of you, so why would the government pick you, someone unknown to the majority of the public as an experiment to see how we would take such information? There's no logic behind it. I'd be more apt to believe someone well known from the media then some unknown person. So would the majority of the public who aren't even going to see your website.

Hi, Produkt seems you might be a new arrival to the Forum and to this whole fascinating story. I understand your question.

I wasn't chosen by anyone (least of all the government) I took it upon myself to create the website after an anonymous DIA whistleblower sharted releasing information to a small, private e-mail list of UFOlogists and other interested people back in early November. I wanted more people to see this information (or else we'd not be here talking about it now).

Best, Bill

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Why has the DIA person chosen to release info so slowly rather then all at once? How did the DIA person come across this small private email list of ufologist's? Why does he choose to remain anonymous? Sort of like, you claim protection by being out in the open, shouldn't he do the same?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Im a true sceptic
i still say this is just a hoax. I listened to the podcast and im sure mr ryan did something to his voice.
or is it david icke?

Bill accepted an invitation to meet with a member of the forum, when he was in the U.S. last December. I doubt he would have been willing to meet with us so freely, if he was someone other than whom he claimed to be.

Why the fascination with David Icke? Bill's never espoused a belief that even remotely conjures up a thought of Icke? Also, are all people with British accents going to be accused of being David Icke?

If you don't believe the story, that's your perogative. At this point, there's not much to prove or disprove the story. Just a lot of very interesting consistencies and some very weird inconsistencies (orbital data mostly).

Don't attack the messenger though. He's been open and honest with us, has met the owners of ATS via an interview, and appears to all to be truly legitimage in his purpose.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Produkt
Why has the DIA person chosen to release info so slowly rather then all at once? How did the DIA person come across this small private email list of ufologist's? Why does he choose to remain anonymous? Sort of like, you claim protection by being out in the open, shouldn't he do the same?

Good question. Please review the thread though. Many of your questions have been discussed at length. As well, please give us your analysis of this -- all we truly know about anon is that he's anonymous. A lot of people have mentioned that the strange way in which the story is being released (installments, up until the apparent silence) makes it look like someone who is not working with any sort of DIA blessing.

Skeptic Overlord's theory is that some DIA people got their hands on a disinformation manual that's been rotting in a basement for somewhere for quite a few years and are releasing the information that was meant to confuse our cold war enemies. Maybe this explains why they let it go for as long as it did -- they needed to find the source and squash him. Doing it publicly, however, would have reflected on the truth of the information that was leaked... and I doubt they want to do that.

Do you think the government's any more likely to say "sorry, not true" than they are to say "oh my! Yes, it's all real".

I think they're just as happy to let everyone believe whatever they want, until it suits them to do otherwise.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bill Ryan

Originally posted by robertfenix
There are 4 people really behind the creation of "PROJECT SERPO, the EBEN's"

Hi, robertfenix I'm not sure what you're saying here. Who are the four people?

Best, Bill

He is calling you out, and all you can say is "i'm not sure what your saying here. Who are the four people?"
Did you really not "get" that he thinks you boys made this up? Or are you playing dumb to try and cover?

Who are the four people? thats your response? Charlatan.

Reminds me of a friend I had, when he was caught by his girlfriend going out with another girl.
She said to him, "I saw you and Audrey getting icecream at baskin robins, we are so through!"
His response, "Huh? what kind of icecream?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
im not attacking anybody ?

At the moment this is just an 80 page story.

maybe the fiction forums a better place

Just dont try making an index....

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   

or is it david icke?

Hi sceptic,

I can tell you from the PodCast alone that Bill Ryan is not David Icke. David Icke is a very well known celebrity in the UK and Mr Ryan sounded nothing like Mr Icke.

BTW England may not be the largest country by mass but over 50 million people live in England; what are the chances of two different gentlemen having web-sites based in England? Wouldn't get you much of a return on your live savings!! ;-]*

ATS did interviews with both these gentleman, do you realise that you are not only questioning Mr Ryan's identity but that you are actually questioning the ability and integrity of two highly motivated ATS staff. (2/3 Amigos)

Other than that i'm sure David Icke would have loved to have been involved in this and if he was we'd all soon know about it.

Best Wishes

J

[edit on 18/1/06 by gingerlad]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Centrist
Bill accepted an invitation to meet with a member of the forum, when he was in the U.S. last December. I doubt he would have been willing to meet with us so freely, if he was someone other than whom he claimed to be.

Centrist - I agree with you that he has been open and available, and your statement above kind of answers the question I posed to you a page or so back. I was wondering, since you are the one who started this thread to let us know about the website - how did you initially become aware of the website yourself? Were you in that initial meeting in December with Bill? Based on your points, you are a longtime contributing member of this forum, so I'm assuming you are also deeply involved in the UFO/research community? I've come to grow deeply suspect of many members of that community over the years, so I'm always cautious with anyone from that community who is hyping a particular story. I'm sure you understand.

Since you are the person who started the thread - I'm just curious if you could share your background on this - when did you become aware of it and what led you to open up this thread?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   

or is it david icke?

serpo - is this short for serpent - ie ickes claims.

with reference to the podcast - sorry bill, again i must be honest - you talked alot - but you didnt say alot.
I must confess i ended up bored silly and just gave up listening about 40 minutes into it.

I beleive the guy who interviewed you became bored with the 3rd person opinion. - ie he said this - he said that..well if you say so bill...these are just entitys at the moment - even you dont know the names. (i did notice you was happy to divert from the questions alot of the time too)

I listend to the tech this guy was using to pass on this merry go round of information - (i noticed several times even you became tongue tied...) - did this guy make this aperatus? the gizmo he uses seems to disjointed, it would perhaps be more akin to something baron frankenstien would make.

the release of information is terribly slow - i just dont buy this whole thing due to this drawn out stuff.

does the guy time travel? you know - he has email but it deletes it after 90 days? if he was savyy with making his own email address - then hes savvy to change the frequency his emails are deletted!

Sorry mr ryan , im not finished with this yet.

Bill Ryan is definately NOT David Icke.

I think some people, particularly the more pseudo-skeptic mind-set, ought to look up the term 'cognitive dissonance'. - The fact that some of the pseudo-skeptics are acting so hystericaly actually supports the hypothesis of 'true'. Pseudo-skeptics won't be able to work that one out, but there are others that understand some of the finer aspects of human behaviour/psychology.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucianarchy

how do you know?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gingerlad

or is it david icke?

Hi sceptic,

I can tell you from the PodCast alone that Bill Ryan is not David Icke. David Icke is a very well known celebrity in the UK and Mr Ryan sounded nothing like Mr Icke.

BTW England may not be the largest country by mass but over 50 million people live in England; what are the chances of two different gentlemen having web-sites based in England? Wouldn't get you much of a return on your live savings!! ;-]*

good point - but mr icke will do anything to convert people. - actually mr icke imho is probably trying to bring about his own religeon.

2 out of 3 Amigos did an interview with both these gentleman, why not listen to the PodCasts and you'll soon hear that they are two different entities.

forgive me - but this sounded like an interview over the phone??

Other than that i'm sure David Icke would have loved to have been involved in this and if he was we'd all soon know about it.

well being a true skeptic, i guess ill need more evidence. As to the claim im insulting anybody - ive not done so at all.

Best Wishes

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I haven't much to add except that in "Exempt from Disclosure", an informant is quoted as saying another exchange trip was to be made april 24, 1997.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

how do you know?

You have been given the answer, so give it a rest.

If you were a true skeptic you would know the burden of proof is on you, and your basing this on a distorted podcast, which was done over the phone across the Atlantic.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I think some people, particularly the more pseudo-skeptic mind-set, ought to look up the term 'cognitive dissonance'. - The fact that some of the pseudo-skeptics are acting so hystericaly actually supports the hypothesis of 'true'. Pseudo-skeptics won't be able to work that one out, but there are others that understand some of the finer aspects of human behaviour/psychology.

I'm sorry, but it's too much of a stretch of logic to say that just because so many people are screaming "it's not true!" then it must be true. I realize that maybe in the field of psychology this theory applies - but in the real world, it's just not true. All it means is that the story is much more unbelievable than most - so of course skeptics will be trying to attack it that much more.

I think some people, particularly of the more "pseudo-intellectual" mind-set, ought to look up the term "narcissism". Since you apparently understand some of "finer" aspects of human psychology - I'm sure you understand what I'm trying to say.

I can't stand the people in any forum trying to use vocabulary like it's a show of their intelligence. If you want to show intelligence, use logic. Walk us from A to B. If you spew out phrases from your particular field of expertise - the only thing it proves is that you are more interested in proving your intelligence than you are in evaluating the facts and coming to logical conclusions. Want to impress people? Present a bullet-proof logical argument with the simplest words you can use.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by rdube02

Do you have proof for any of these statements? How do you know the government's take on this - your statements are made as though they are fact. Are they based on evidence or are you just speculating, as well as most of the posters here are doing? If you have proof to counter any of the claims being made - please provide them so we can lay this to rest once and for all!

I am sorry but I can not comment on this further.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Hi sceptic,

I've amended my original post as I had erred in stating both gents had provided interviews aired via PodCast on ATS; the interview with Mr Ryan was aired via PodCast but Mr Icke's interview was in the form of a Q&A session and posted in the forum. Apologies for misleading.

For your argument to stand it is up to you to prove that Mr Ryan is indeed Mr Icke and not for me to prove otherwise. Unless Mr Ryan posts a mug shot of himself and foregoes his right to anonimity and in the process puts his life at risk. Not much chance of that happening!

All I can tell you is that the gentleman appearing on the PodCast claiming to be Mr Ryan is not David Icke. And as far as I know Mr Icke does not include impersonations as part of his already considerable list of talents.

sceptic you say Mr Ryan is David Icke, but I really think that you'll have a lot of trouble proving it and convincing others that you're correct in that assumption.

Best Wishes

J

new topics

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join