It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Anonymous is telling the truth.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
the physics could be different because of dark matter and dark energy being leaked into the solar system through hawking radiation! that might have a certain cross corralating physical effect on that specicfic section of our galaxy.the infantismal amount of knowlegde humanity has attained through out its history has still yet to anaylze any extra solar planets, things could be down right crazy out there!

[edit on 4-12-2005 by sturod84]

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Did you guys see the latest entry into the comments section?

www.serpo.org...

2 December
[This information, reported verbatim below, was supplied to Bill Ryan personally by an active duty Air Force Lieutenant Colonel assigned to the Pentagon. I (BR) have been in correspondence with him on a number of topics and have found him to be measured, intelligent, thorough, reliable and honest, as well as being a most pleasant and decent man. He wishes his name to be withheld but would like this new information to be made known.

The correspondent's friend, referred to below, is a retired Air Force Colonel, who worked in Air Force Intelligence for 33 years (a later correction of the estimated figure of 30 years as originally stated).]

Yesterday, I visited an old retired USAF Colonel. This Colonel had served 30 years in USAF Intelligence. I don't know his exact time frame but it was sometime around 1955 to 1985. I have been friends with this Colonel for about five years. His son, who is also my friend, serves in my unit. Because of his extensive intelligence time, I wanted to run all this past him to see if he might know something about the information being released by Victor. The Colonel doesn't have email so I printed all the information from Anonymous and provided him a copy. I watched him read the most current email, one with all the postings. I watched his eyes and facial expressions. After he was finished, he stated, "Oh my God, who on this Earth would release such classified material"? I then asked him if all this information was real. His simple answer was, "yes, all real". I then asked the Colonel if he had been involved with this project. He said, yes, he was involved in the communications aspect of this operation from about 1961 until 1965. He was also on the debriefing team. He wouldn't provide too much information, saying that unless he saw that all information was declassified, he could not comment on details. I thanked him and left.

I was startled, to say the least. Wow, this is actually true. I always thought some of it was true but I had some doubts about details that have been released.

We may just be on the Verge of a major release of information about the most important part of our History.

This actually makes me more skeptical.

[edit on 12-4-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I was going through the source code of the web pages to see if I could gleen anything further from that.

When looking at the source code for the contact page I see the mail goes through this web address:

www.safara.co.uk...

When looking at www.safara.co.uk... I see that site belongs to a web designer living in Wales that comes from South Africa.

Maybe this might help get to the bottom of the matter somehow.

Also, when checking WHOIS I see serpo.org was registered by "Property Partners" which appears to be a British Real Estate company.

The domain is administered by www.names.co.uk...

[edit on 4-12-2005 by Junkheap]

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

We may just be on the Verge of a major release of information about the most important part of our History.

I can't read too much into this. It could be a crafted reported designed to show credibility in the face of what is probably an increasing wave of skepticism. Or it could just be the truth. Is it all that big of an event? I don't know, it's not like J-Lo and Ben are getting back together

I have to agree with Valhall in that the report is obviously suspicious. At the same time, I have to think that Bill Ryan is a knowledgeable Ufologist and would have foreseen the negative reaction to such a "comment", yet decided to post it anyway.

Lets see -- the History Channel, Sci Fi Channel, National Geographic, and other television organizations are showing "specials" on UFO's at a surprising pace. There have been numerous prime-time television shows on the networks this season that have extraterrestrial life at the center of their plot (Lost, Threshold, Invasion). And now we have this enormously alluring story of disclosure.

Hmmm... Nostalgic return to the UFO phenomena of the '50's, spawned by the massive public interest in "Lost" (Show on ABC-TV)? Or, genuine prospect of disclosure? Or just another neatly crafted released on unproveable information to keep the Ufologists humming and because the History channel was running out of ideas for their UFO series? (Anyone who saw the one on the War of the Worlds knows that they're running out of "legitimate" UFO stories). Who knows... at this point, it's just as likely (to me) that someone is being setup so that someone else can sell books. Until there's some actual "proof" on the table, the guessing game goes on...

[edit on 4-12-2005 by Centrist]

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   

spawned by the massive public interest in "Lost"

I've never watched it, does it have something to do with UFOs?

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANRD
Anonymous is telling the truth.

Care to elaborate on how you know this? Or is this just what you believe?

Originally posted by Centrist
I have to agree with Valhall in that the report is obviously suspicious. At the same time, I have to think that Bill Ryan is a knowledgeable Ufologist and would have foreseen the negative reaction to such a "comment", yet decided to post it anyway.

I don't see why this comment is suspicious other than that the source is un-named. There are several other comments of people corroborating Anom's story. Why is this particular one suspicious?

Lets see -- the History Channel, Sci Fi Channel, National Geographic, and other television organizations are showing "specials" on UFO's at a surprising pace. There have been numerous prime-time television shows on the networks this season that have extraterrestrial life at the center of their plot (Lost, Threshold, Invasion). And now we have this enormously alluring story of disclosure.

I don't think these are related. These channels show these programs just for ratings. Promises of disclosure have been made many times before, with disappointing results. As I said before, this has the feel of a Cosmic Journey type release. Information is given out, but cannot be corroborated with solid proof. There is the promise of document or film footage being released to the public, and at the last minute the source changes their mind.

It appears to me that there are two groups of people that have access to or were involved in what the government knows. One group wants to release various classified information regarding UFO's and aliens to the public, then another group that doesn't. I think some information is allowed to be released, but only without actual proof.

A good example of this is the MJ12 documents. They were released anonymously on undeveloped film to the right people who would make them public. If it were a sanctioned release the originals would have been released under the FOIA. So this way the information is released, but the government can still deny it, and cannot be held accountable for anything.

So I would not expect any real disclosure, in the form of an admission to the existence of extraterrestrials. At least not from this administration.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Lost has some sort of sci-fi, might be aliens, might be secret government stuff, might be conspiracy thing going on. I don't watch it, so I really comment further. Someone else, I'm sure could give us the sci-fi connection itself, but much has been written about how the sci-fi intrigue of Lost may have been the impetus to spawn this season's crop of sci-fi alien shows.

Next...

In yesterday's comments on Anon, someone reported the following:

The Colonel doesn't have email so I printed all the information from Anonymous and provided him a copy. I watched him read the most current email, one with all the postings. I watched his eyes and facial expressions. After he was finished, he stated, "Oh my God, who on this Earth would release such classified material"? I then asked him if all this information was real. His simple answer was, "yes, all real". I then asked the Colonel if he had been involved with this project. He said, yes, he was involved in the communications aspect of this operation from about 1961 until 1965. He was also on the debriefing team. He wouldn't provide too much information, saying that unless he saw that all information was declassified, he could not comment on details. I thanked him and left.

Perhaps someone with a good knowledge of security clearances and military procedures could answer the following questions. How should have this alleged Colonel have responded, if he was actually presented with Anon's postings. Would he have been able to verify that it's real, but not give further details? Should he have simply denied any knowledge of the subject? In other words, how should this person have responded, if they were actually involved in the project? Next, is it unreasonable to believe that despite how this person should have responded to the information, that they may have responded as reported? How credible is this response, in terms of the way it's reported?

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Could be, should be, just let the man tell his story...speculation, speculation!
You people are Unbelievable!!
I've never seen anything like the way a persons thread is picked apart like it is on this website!

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
Could be, should be, just let the man tell his story...speculation, speculation!
You people are Unbelievable!!
I've never seen anything like the way a persons thread is picked apart like it is on this website!

What the heck are you rambling about?

Would you prefer we all sit here with our thumbs up our backside and staring at each other's avatars? THIS thread is the epitome of why a lot of people come here...so they can have intelligent discussion on situations like this and look into them with objectivity and intelligence versus swallowing crap, or dismissing the uncomfortable without due consideration.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose

If your referring to the post above yours, you will notice it is the person that started the thread that is doing some of the picking.
This is what we do here, we discuss topics and try to determine if there is any truth to them.

After reading through all the posts and comment on that website again, I noticed that there wasn’t much discussion on time travel. I believe it is Einstein’s theory of Relativity that states the faster you travel approaching the speed of light, the more you travel into the future. If they traveled 37 light years in 9 months, then they traveled many times faster than the speed of light. They would have been in the far off future when they arrived. Likewise also for the trip back, unless they went back in time to arrive back here in 1978. There was a mention of “traveling around time”, which I guess means they have found away around the theory of relativity. Is this some of the physics that they say is different? I would think more people would be interested in how they do this.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
quote;
QUESTION: What do you make of what Ebe #1 allegedly said about Mankind being genetically altered throughout time and that they established religions and Christ in particular on our planet? [An idea that was popularized in the 1989 bestseller, "The Gods of Eden" by William Bramley, ISBN# 0380718073]
ANONYMOUS: If one reads the "Yellow Book" [the true and correct history of Mankind as relayed by the ETEs] and reads between the lines, one would come away with the thought and clear impression that the Ebens had something to do with Jesus Christ or, possibly, Jesus was one of them.
Also, if you look at some events that are shown in the "Yellow Book," (remember, there are no dates shown in the "Yellow Book"), you can connect some incidents, such as Fatima, etc., with an Eben landing.

If Jesus "was one of them" how come he had no problems conversing with us. 1960 odd years later they have problems with English we have problems with Ebo.

I think we should have had some israelies on that mission?.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Well I must admit this is an interesting story evolving it has the john titor about it if you ask me. I must admit i am very skeptical about this slow trickle of information its like the invasion series little snippets coming out that wet the appetite a lil more each week upon week. Does kinda make you wonder why this person doesn't just dump a crap load of info all in one go instead of the small amount of stuff that seems to go over the same stuff each week.
Just one question the way i'm reading this stuff is that s/he has access to yellow & red book and the stuff that being posted is edited and may or may not be verbatim from those books?

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Ah yes... the beauty of it! As has always been the case through history, however, the true exhibition of "checks and balances" has been the freedom to question. We question foreign policy. We question domestic policy. We question everything.

This isn't something new, either. We don't question policy because we live in countries in which the citizens are free to question their government without reprisals and repercussions. After all, we know that many of our skeptical friends in China try, often in vain, to question. Historically, in fact, I would suggest that many of the greatest people that history remembers are those who dared to question authority, their peers, or anyone else, despite reprisals and repercussions. Galileo was condemned because he questioned the accepted science of the Church and held firm to his beliefs, despite fear of reprisal. He denied ignorance and questioned the world around him.

And Galileo didn't wait for someone to show him a satellite image of the moons of jupiter. He had questions and went in search of answers. Like a good scientist, he looked under every rock, in every corner, and searched far and wide until he had the answers he was looking for. You don't find those answers all at once -- it takes work. You question a great many things before you finally find the truth... because the truth rarely comes to find you.

So yes, we are questioning. And although we are part scientist, part philospher, part investigator, part arm-chair quarterback, we question everything in hopes that we can further the public debate on certain issues and, perhaps, advance the collective thinking on an issue... even if, as is the case in many instances, it's only the thinking of a small group of people. There is, however, always the chance that the people will influence other people around them and, bam!, people start denying ignorance. If you really want to see a great job of this being done, read this thread on the prophet Yahweh.

So, despite the fact that it might seem that we're arguing trivialities when all you want to know is whether the story is true or false, it's part of the process of finding the truth. Denying ignorance requires patience and perseverence.

After all, somebody's gotta do it

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Once again I can't help but think of that Bob Dylan song. You know, the one with the verse, "...someone who tries to hide what he doesn't know to begin with..." Or the people who I think are on the Genesis network came out and claimed to be "experts" on planet X when that stuff was going on. They sit and give each other knowing looks like they are in the know when they really don't know a damn thing.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
There are obviously things in the story that make it seem fake... simply because it sounds too much like what science fiction has portrayed human-alien contact to be like. Heck, even the Eben planet even seems like Tatooine...

But, again, I have to point out that if the government wanted to slowly adjust people to the facts regarding something like this (theoretical) mission they would probably do so through misinformation that carried morsels of the truth. In this manner the public is slowly acclimated to the more shocking elements of the truth.

Even if we look outside of the world of conspiracy... we can clearly see that ideas/memes that mimic important changes appear in art and literature before they happen. This is usually not because of a conspiracy... but, possibly, because the people who craft our art, literature (and yes, hoaxes) somehow sense that a major change is coming and introduce it in their work (note the prevalence of mechanical fighting machines in turn of the century literature and the fixation on artificial humans in the literature of the 1920s). For this reason we cannot reject a supposedly true story as being false simply because it resembles overtly fictional stories from our time. We cannot, in other words, reject the Serpo tale as a whole simply because many modern scifi books and hoaxes involve similar themes, as to do so would be like someone rejecting the reality of nuclear submarines simply because an equivalent technology appears in Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea.

So, yes... elements of this story seem too good to be true... too close to internent legends to be true... but I, personally, am still a bit impressed by the feel of some elements of the story. In particular, the part about the 'snake' with human eyes feels like it has some truth to it.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Perhaps someone with a good knowledge of security clearances and military procedures could answer the following questions. How should have this alleged Colonel have responded, if he was actually presented with Anon's postings. Would he have been able to verify that it's real, but not give further details? Should he have simply denied any knowledge of the subject? In other words, how should this person have responded, if they were actually involved in the project? Next, is it unreasonable to believe that despite how this person should have responded to the information, that they may have responded as reported? How credible is this response, in terms of the way it's reported?

Not an expert whatsoever - but scan through this NSA manual and you should get an idea.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Thanks. I didn't see much that suggests how people are supposed to respond to direct questions regarding classified information, however.

Nevertheless! I am interviewing someone from NSA this afternoon that a friend of mine put me in touch with. The person is in the document declassification division and says that he will answer questions regarding the procedures for declassification and guidelines for cleared agency employees and military personnel.

The interview is to be conducted by telephone. In advance of this, I am sending the person the "anonymous" postings as an "example" of a document which may or may not include classified information. I'm hopeful we'll at least get some sense of how such an allegedly factual document is to be treated.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Nevertheless! I am interviewing someone from NSA this afternoon that a friend of mine put me in touch with. The person is in the document declassification division and says that he will answer questions regarding the procedures for declassification and guidelines for cleared agency employees and military personnel.

The interview is to be conducted by telephone. In advance of this, I am sending the person the "anonymous" postings as an "example" of a document which may or may not include classified information. I'm hopeful we'll at least get some sense of how such an allegedly factual document is to be treated.

Oh my gosh! I can't wait to read/hear this interview!

*valhall practices clicking the way above button*

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
ANRD= ANON or "Sepro fiction writer" who is "spooking" ATS. 100% fact

Retired 30 year high security clearance "bird" is not going to ever, ever ever, admit to anything that is still classified or even while suspecting that it remains classified EVER, EVER EVER admit to either involvement in or acknowledgement of said projects exsitence. Not even a "false" project. A cooked CIA/NSA project used and leaked to intimitate rival agents or Nation States.

So again, just another false supporting piece of fiction that trys to lend credibility to Anon story but in the end fails miserably.

I personally know a person that at one time had a pretty high level of security clearance through Rockwell and NASA but would never admit to working on any project. He always told me he was a draftsman.

Come to find out on the first flight of the shuttle to return to Edwards (my family was there in the middle of the desert watching the shuttle return and there again when the president was there) he came with us both times. He had this really cool close up shot of the Shuttle lifting off at his house (later) and it was not until he was retired and let me borrow a NASA video from Drysden Test center that he told me he used to be an engineer for Rockwell and had worked on some classified stuff for the shuttle as well as other projects for NASA. He would never even tell me what other aircraft systems he worked on. Not even today and he has been retired for something like 15 years or more. And this is just an engineer that I am sure had nothing to do with "aliens". So I find a ranking "bird" actually acknowledging something that supposedly has top secret classification and even way above normal top secret classification actually saying in the same conversation "who in GOD's name released this information and then almost in the same breath saying yes its real" is just so so so made up that it just goes to show how much BS Anon's "story" is.

The video by the way was super cool, this was the early 80's and it had the whole test program of the lifting body development leading up to the shuttle plus all the accessory programs that were used in the shuttles development, like fly by wire, featuring the XB70 and X29A test aircraft and some switch wing plane, that looked like a cross between and X15 and a glider. It had a high mounted wing on top of the fuselage that could rotate either having the wing in "normal" orientation like 90 degrees from the fuselage or pivot the wing where one end was forward and one wing tip was back on a central pivot point.

Had a segment of a fly by wire F16 where the pitch kept modulating as the pilot was trying to land the plane.

Showed the initial glider tests of the Enterprise when they took it up on the modified 747 and let it go to come back and land.

There was a segment on different landing gear types from skids to wheel to modified skid +wheel arrangment

And even had this rocket/lifting body UAV, that was fly by wire control.

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join