It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by waffleprime

but, do tell..deny ignorance..and give it a chance before we're "called crazy's" (in pretext of thinking...not accusing)

We have no word from anon or know who or what or where he's getting the information...pretty much, its a waiting game..unless we break down the doors to area-51 and take it ourselves

Ditto

As posted before, I do believe we have members on ATS that know MORE about this specific topic (tell us more SEXYMON :wow
The mysterious ANRD, only one short claiming posting

Anonymous is telling the truth.

(funny that I can only find one post although under the members profile three postings are claimed?)

Question to Bill
I again have to thank you for your contributions - and enjoyed the latest 2-3 Amigo interview. Your frustration levels must be sky-high? For me this from the site by you, has real value :

"I printed all the information... and provided [the retired USAF Colonel] a copy... I watched his eyes and facial expressions. After he was finished, he stated, "Oh my God, who on this Earth would release such classified material?" I then asked him if all this information was real. His simple answer was, 'Yes, all real'."

If the waiting continuous and ANON disappears (heaven forbid), don't you think the Colonel avenue should be re-opened?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Ahhh..well...

I'm actually done here...IMHO this is a hoax or a marketing ploy to hawk a book or possibaly a movie like Close Encounters part II...

longhaircowboy...

I've repaired equipment from that era, and I know from first hand experience of the reliabilty of the solid state components used during that time...

Later...

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by waffleprime
Ikas,
I'm glad you bought that up, but, the fact is..the debate here about calculators is all speculation as to why would "they" fathom to do such a thing. we know its most likely fake, every regular poster..and probabally not some have disected this thing so much so it looks like and episode of
"good times" when we try and put it back together...but, we know that..and any debate..even if it has conflicting members..know the facts. but, even though for someone who just "breezed" through the site..and deemed it fake has just as much credibility as the a nutso who says its real. because there is no proof, or evidence to show wether its true or fake...I know people just entering into this conversation might think that "they're crazy" for discussing a calculator..but, this is clearly a talk amongst people who are far beyond studing the "basics" of the story. for me...its great fun to watch..but, for some it's might be...Ecstatic? maybe? though this serpo thread has a lot of information..if your just jumping in..you might get lost in the threshold of mistaking theory from imagination.

Umm...using any bit of logic you would come to the conclusion that this is obviously fake. Why let yourselves get fooled time and again by this BS thus creating a huge industry for a few manipulative fold to take advantage of you guys everyday. This thread wouldn't go on for 75 pages if you guys were being logical about the subject.

There has never been a single piece of REAL ET evidence that ANYONE could see and which could undoubtedly prove the existance of ETs to anyone who saw this evidence. If there was every person in the world would believe in the existance of ETs. How could you guys honestly believe that a group of rogue DIA guys are releasing information in this manner?

[edit on 17-1-2006 by lkas]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   

As posted before, I do believe we have members on ATS that know MORE about this specific topic (tell us more SEXYMON :wow
The mysterious ANRD, only one short claiming posting

Anonymous is telling the truth.

(funny that I can only find one post although under the members profile three postings are claimed?)

Question to Bill
I again have to thank you for your contributions - and enjoyed the latest 2-3 Amigo interview. Your frustration levels must be sky-high? For me this from the site by you, has real value :

"I printed all the information... and provided [the retired USAF Colonel] a copy... I watched his eyes and facial expressions. After he was finished, he stated, "Oh my God, who on this Earth would release such classified material?" I then asked him if all this information was real. His simple answer was, 'Yes, all real'."

If the waiting continuous and ANON disappears (heaven forbid), don't you think the Colonel avenue should be re-opened?

Hi, jgbjgb –

As it happens, I re-opened the AF Col (ret) line of investigation myself yesterday, by mailing my original source again (who's been quiet for a while) to ask if there's anything more he could provide, or even if I might be able to contact the AF Col myself under any conditions he might specify. There are indications he's wanting to help but is under considerable restriction, and can only drop clues... this is the way this game is played. Of course I'll report back if anything surfaces which is fit for the public domain.

Those earlier posts you mentioned were before my joining the Forum. I've had one or two like that myself on the website contact form (all anonymous or with false e-mail addresses). Can you say more, or point me to them?

Best, Bill

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by lkas
Umm...using any bit of logic you would come to the conclusion that this is obviously fake. Why let yourselves get fooled time and again by this BS thus creating a huge industry for a few manipulative fold to take advantage of you guys everyday. This thread wouldn't go on for 75 pages if you guys were being logical about the subject.

There has never been a single piece of REAL ET evidence that ANYONE could see and which could undoubtedly prove the existance of ETs to anyone who saw this evidence. If there was every person in the world would believe in the existance of ETs. How could you guys honestly believe that a group of rogue DIA guys are releasing information in this manner?

Hi, lkas –

I understand your strength of feeling. A great deal of intelligence is needed, IMHO, when trying to analyse material like this. It does not lend itself to a casual summary view. There are some very bright people here and the fact the Forum has run for 75 pages is itself indicative that it's not straightforward. (The podcast was also only meant to last for 20-30 minutes, but, exceptionally, this one stretched to an hour. It needed at least that time to look at this from every angle.) There are many subtleties and peculiarities involved.

Basically, we're in the middle of a real-life X-files episode. There are different factions within the "black ops" community, and many things may not be as they appear. Many games may be being played, to suit differing agendas; these can only be guessed at, although our guessing may be intelligent.

It's not being created to market a movie or a book, but it would certainly make a good one. This entire arena (the issue of UFO secrecy/disclosure) has been likened many times to a hall – or labyrinth – of mirrors. We're all exploring it with only a partial map, and like Frodo and Sam guided by Gollum, we may not be wise to blindly trust all our guides. We have only our wits to rely on.

There are many other games to play out there, and if this forum is not to your liking, there are other places where you may be able to make a greater contribution.

Best, Bill

[edit on 17-1-2006 by Bill Ryan]

[edit on 17-1-2006 by Bill Ryan]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Ikas:

(question #2, previous page)
you need an accurate time piece in order to do science, take measurements, etc. Not to know when lunch is...

as far as there being no proof of ET, Aliens, UFOs whatever, there's no proof that has been publicly disclosed. I, personally, have no clue what could be sitting in someones private collection.

duty calls
twj

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

4. Just out of curiosity (cause I found it pretty funny)...but if the military sent 12 people on a mission to a far away planet for 10 years, why didn't they take any seeds with them? Carrying 50-75 tons of C-rations seems mighty inefficient. Could have easily packed a few ounces of seeds with the rest of the junk they took.

Ikas,
Like everyone else here you make good points, but I have to say that the idea of taking seeds to another planet for the purposes of planting and growing is short sited. The effects to their environment not only could, but likely would be devastating. Case in point - many here on Earth (when moving plant/animal species to other continents... Do a search for specific examples..)
Regards - keep up the good debate.
J - DefunCtion

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I've been keeping an eye on this story for some time now and can only hope it doesn't end as is.
Getting very close to a month without any new updates and this doesn't give me a good feeling.
Sometimes we must wait a while to receive the greater gift. I can only pray this will be the case.

[edit on 17-1-2006 by ScaRZ]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by defuntion

Could have easily packed a few ounces of seeds with the rest of the junk they took.

The effects to their environment not only could, but likely would be devastating.

Lets also remember that we don't know that they didn't take seeds. Anon gave us what I think is his paraphrase of some of the items he reports to be on their inventory. He may have said "microscope" instead of actually listing the part and model number that was on the inventory. He may have said "c-rations" but didn't mention that they took some seeds for planting for other possible scientific uses (maybe they did, maybe they didn't). He said they had calculators, he didn't say that they didn't take slide rules, spare parts, or other items one might have expected them to take.

Lets be careful as to what inferences we draw from what Anon did not say, just to avoid 'creating' facts.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jedi_Master
I'm actually done here...IMHO this is a hoax or a marketing ploy to hawk a book or possibaly a movie like Close Encounters part II...

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you are "done here" why continue to monitor this thread and post?
I think maybe (like alot of us) part of you still believes (or at least hopes) that there could be merit to at least some of this...
Regards,
J - DefunCtion

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Centrist,

That's a very good point. My feelings are that some people are getting deperate to prove this story as a hoax, and are trying to discredit the story on speculation without knowing the specifics of the situation. This isn't necessarliy a bad thing, as it allows me to look at the story more objectively, but people need to remember that we don't have the whole story. There may be very valid reasons for what the team brought, said, did, etc..

Like many others, I'm still waiting for more info before I accept or dismiss this story.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I posted this earlier, but got lost in the whole discussion on calculators. I'm fascinated by the discussion regarding the technology they chose to bring, simply because I do have a degree in EE and work in the Aerospace industry, so the whole thread is a fascinating read.

But one other facet of this story I think all of us tech/science/physics people are missing seem to be something extremely simple, yet totally obvious in a way.

Do me a favor - look up any real journal entry or diary entry. Maybe your wife or daughter's journal (just don't tell her you peeked), and check out how it is written. It is always written in the past tense. Look up journal entries online - past tense. I would expect these journal entries to be written as a real journal entry, such as "Today we watched the Ebens play an interesting sport that we had never seen before".

However it isn't written like that. It's written in the present tense, like a fictional story narrated by the person WHILE they are experiencing the events. In real life, this just doesn't make any sense. The Team Leader would not be walking around with a journal in his hand writing down things as they happen. This just seems to me to be a GLARING dificiency in the story. We can work out all of the physics behind the variations of the Serpo orbit - which sure is a lot of fun for us - but I just can't get past this incorrect present tense of the journal entries....

Any thoughts Bill? Or SkepticOverlord? Anyone have any thoughts on that?

-rdube02

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bill Ryan
Hi, lkas –

I understand your strength of feeling. A great deal of intelligence is needed, IMHO, when trying to analyse material like this. It does not lend itself to a casual summary view. There are some very bright people here and the fact the Forum has run for 75 pages is itself indicative that it's not straightforward. (The podcast was also only meant to last for 20-30 minutes, but, exceptionally, this one stretched to an hour. It needed at least that time to look at this from every angle.) There are many subtleties and peculiarities involved.

Basically, we're in the middle of a real-life X-files episode. There are different factions within the "black ops" community, and many things may not be as they appear. Many games may be being played, to suit differing agendas; these can only be guessed at, although our guessing may be intelligent.

It's not being created to market a movie or a book, but it would certainly make a good one. This entire arena (the issue of UFO secrecy/disclosure) has been likened many times to a hall – or labyrinth – of mirrors. We're all exploring it with only a partial map, and like Frodo and Sam guided by Gollum, we may not be wise to blindly trust all our guides. We have only our wits to rely on.

There are many other games to play out there, and if this forum is not to your liking, there are other places where you may be able to make a greater contribution.

Best, Bill

Excellent post, in fact one of my favourites of the whole thread.

Anglo.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
From what do we know they did not make smart choice with gender proportion. Two females and ten males. I bet those two dead are females.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Centrist
Lets be careful as to what inferences we draw from what Anon did not say, just to avoid 'creating' facts.

Agreed, but still, IMHO - whether or not seeds were actualy taken it still seems to be a short-sighted idea.

Originally posted by rdube02
" but I just can't get past this incorrect present tense of the journal entries.... "

Very good point - IMO.
Maybe someone who has been in the military could respond. Are there protocols for these types of journal entries/mission logs?

Regards,
J - DefunCtion

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   

its not a matter of logic, I think it prudence that makes people, think ordinarily.."this doesn't happen"

personally in everyday events. I don't neccessarily beleive it. but, man it sure is fun taking it apart and looking at the different aspects of the story..for the mere fact its presented and told to us its truth.

but, on a side note! one female came back after the 10 year stint

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   

However it isn't written like that. It's written in the present tense, like a fictional story narrated by the person WHILE they are experiencing the events. In real life, this just doesn't make any sense. The Team Leader would not be walking around with a journal in his hand writing down things as they happen. This just seems to me to be a GLARING dificiency in the story. We can work out all of the physics behind the variations of the Serpo orbit - which sure is a lot of fun for us - but I just can't get past this incorrect present tense of the journal entries....
-rdube02

I think this is a valid observation to question. Upon re-reading the journal entries, it does seem a bit odd. The only explanation I can come up with is that the team leader was walking around with his journal, and making entries as he experiences the ordeal. Is this totally unbelievable? I would think that he was given strict orders to write down as much as he could with the greatest detail possible, and what better way to do that then doing it immediatley, as opposed to at the end of the day and trying to recollect all the experiences. Could this be the reason for the tense he used? IMO, it's really hard to say with any degree of certainty.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeuceCyrenne

However it isn't written like that. It's written in the present tense, like a fictional story narrated by the person WHILE they are experiencing the events.

I think this is a valid observation to question. Upon re-reading the journal entries, it does seem a bit odd. The only explanation I can come up with is that the team leader was walking around with his journal, and making entries as he experiences the ordeal.

I agree, he could have very well have been writing as he is experiencing it, so I would not disprove it based on this, but...

What I found inconsistent with the journal entries are the number of days with no entries. I will list the number of entries, along with a few notes.

DAY 1 Entry 1, was 5 paragraphs

DAY 1 ENTRY 2, was 6 paragraphs

DAY 2, Single Entry, 3 paragraphs

ENTRY 4, lost track of the number of days, 2 paragraphs

ENTRY 5, 8 paragraphs, number of days unknown, reports date tracker is not working

ENTRY 6, 7 paragraphs, date unknown, but reports they are halfway there.

The trip took 9 months and at the halfway point, which I would expect this to be 4 and a half months, or 135 days. So why are there only 6 entries in 135 days?

I also made note of the pattern of Anon's posts, and strangely they seem similar to the team commander’s entries.

Hmmm....

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anon
Attached for your UFO Thread List are just four pages of the Team Commander's diary. The diary contains a large number of pages, all hand written. It took me several days to prepare the attached four pages from the diary.

From this quote, we cannot necessarily conclude that these four pages from the journal are the first four pages. Since the entries after day two aren't numbered, it may be possible that Anon omitted some the pages in between that don't contain interesting or useful information.

I haven't noticed the pattern similarity between Anon and the journal, but I will take another look. It's time I read all the posts again anyway.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000

Originally posted by DeuceCyrenne

However it isn't written like that. It's written in the present tense, like a fictional story narrated by the person WHILE they are experiencing the events.

I think this is a valid observation to question. Upon re-reading the journal entries, it does seem a bit odd. The only explanation I can come up with is that the team leader was walking around with his journal, and making entries as he experiences the ordeal.

I agree, he could have very well have been writing as he is experiencing it, so I would not disprove it based on this, but...

What I found inconsistent with the journal entries are the number of days with no entries. I will list the number of entries, along with a few notes.

DAY 1 Entry 1, was 5 paragraphs

DAY 1 ENTRY 2, was 6 paragraphs

DAY 2, Single Entry, 3 paragraphs

ENTRY 4, lost track of the number of days, 2 paragraphs

ENTRY 5, 8 paragraphs, number of days unknown, reports date tracker is not working

ENTRY 6, 7 paragraphs, date unknown, but reports they are halfway there.

The trip took 9 months and at the halfway point, which I would expect this to be 4 and a half months, or 135 days. So why are there only 6 entries in 135 days?

I also made note of the pattern of Anon's posts, and strangely they seem similar to the team commander’s entries.

Hmmm....

Hmmmmmmm.....indeed!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join