It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdrumrunner
I was only able to locate two visits originating from Sandia NL, and one each from the FAA and the AFA (from December 2005). Of more interest (to me) are the visits originating from the DIA. While I personally could not locate these, I look forward to a follow-up from Zep Tepi.

Hi sdrumrunner, I've sent you a U2U with the info.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EBE1

Originally posted by anglodragon

Interesting thread. I have found on the web the names and E-mail addresses of the people on Victors list. I would be happy to post the names but not the addresses on this forum if people think that is ok.

or

I don't see how that is going to help anyone personally, or add anything to the debate on this saga.

I see what you mean. It doesn't add a great deal but it does show the kind of people who are looking into Serpo. There are a few interesting people on there who one might not expect to be interested in such things and also a lot of people that i havn't heard of and it might be interesting to know who they are. Whether it is usefull or not wasn't really the point I was making. I was more wondering from a moral point of veiw is it right to post the names from a supposedly private list?

[edit on 15-1-2006 by EBE1]

I'm guessing the pages you have found are on the Tripod network? It wouldn't be a good idea to post the lists because the email addresses should be kept confidential - spam, privacy, etc.

EDIT: For screwing up the quotes

[edit on 15-1-2006 by Zep Tepi]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Verbatim:

BILL:

I can't believe these guys on ATS are making such a bg deal about
this,... it's NOTHING! It's sounds like this Victor Thorn guy has
posted material about 9/11 as I have regarding conspiracy theories, but
that's where it ENDS. I think what happened is that someone posted one
of his or my 9/11 stories, credited us as the source, BUT switched the
e-mail addreeses,... that's it, that simple.

I've had WebTV since 1997 (I think) and have ONLY had ONE (1) address
ever:

victorgm@webtv.net

I've NEVER used any other. Promise!

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer

Originally posted by Zep Tepi
Here is a breakdown of some of the agencies and organisations that have visited the Serpo site since November last year. The vast majority of these were in December and this month, January.

Department of Homeland Security
Sandia National Laboratories (Government-owned, contractor-operated facility with ties to Homeland Security)
US Customs and Border Protection
US Dept. of Defense Network Infomation Center
US Air Force Academy
UK Ministry of Defence
Federal Aviation Administration
and of course: The Defense Intelligence Agency

By far and away the most inquisitive of this list are Homeland Security and the DIA, with 31 and 27 seperate visits respectively.

Speaking as someone who has done a lot of tracking down of perps (in the form of hunting spammers and scammers as part of a "white hat" team), I think those are just fans or people who were passed that info and looked into it on the "oh geez, Marge... you wanna see how stupid people get?" basis.

Having lurked on the fringe of the hacker community in my time, I can say that any investigator with real investigation on their mind would and can easily pick up a very innocuous IP addy through a number of semi-legal ways. They've got their own geeks. If there were investigators there, they'd be coming through something as ridiculous-appearing as a common AOL dialup IP.

Not boldly tromping in with a .mil, .gov addy. That just tips the hand.

www.thisislondon.com...\

Mr. McGinnon is a great example of how easy it is to track someone down if they make a wrong move. just think, how much security measures have been takeen on all spectrums of thier computerware...since, this inncident. he broke in initially to find out about ufo secrets..if u read into him more. the point I'm trying to make is theres two sides here. if you seen how this kid got into the systems then..it's very possible that "they" might not be that smart to cover their tracks...on the other hand..."they" might have taken large steps since then. 1334, indeed.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer
Speaking as someone who has done a lot of tracking down of perps (in the form of hunting spammers and scammers as part of a "white hat" team), I think those are just fans or people who were passed that info and looked into it on the "oh geez, Marge... you wanna see how stupid people get?" basis.

Having lurked on the fringe of the hacker community in my time, I can say that any investigator with real investigation on their mind would and can easily pick up a very innocuous IP addy through a number of semi-legal ways. They've got their own geeks. If there were investigators there, they'd be coming through something as ridiculous-appearing as a common AOL dialup IP.

Not boldly tromping in with a .mil, .gov addy. That just tips the hand.

You make a valid point, as does longhaircowboy above. We quite simply *don't know* their reasons for viewing. It could be, as you say, out of interest (The DIA are mentioned in the story after all!), or it could be because they are involved in some way. They don't really need to hide behind an innocuous IP for the very reason you stated...

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I'm the one who bought this thorn guys into the scene...with the link, I found. I apologise if I had offended victor, or you bill. As, I merely am just seeking facts of the subject. By, all means I would not want to hamper the great conversation by throwing out accusations and believing them to a false end. In my perspective, I was looking for information and supplying it.
again, I apologise..and I ask everyone not to make brash decisions when ideas or theory's are bought up into this discussion. I feel as though I may have put, gloom about things which, is something I did not intend.

[edit on 15-1-2006 by waffleprime]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   

[/url]http://www.wingtv.net/thornarticles/levis2.jpg][/url]

So if anyone knows what Victor Martinez looks like we can see if they are the same person.

I gie up just copy and paste it

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by waffleprime
I'm the one who bought this thorn guys into the scene...with the link, I found. I apologise if I had offended victor, or you bill. As, I merely am just seeking facts of the subject. By, all means I would not want to hamper the great conversation by throwing out accusations and believing them to a false end. In my perspective, I was looking for information and supplying it.
again, I apologise..and I ask everyone not to make brash decisions when ideas or theory's are bought up into this discussion. I feel as though I may have put, gloom about things which, is something I did not intend.

Basically you have made a bit of a prat of yourself and discredited this forum havn't you

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Basically you have made a bit of a prat of yourself and discredited this forum havn't you

No, he hasn't. It was a legitimate question thrown up from a neat bit of research. All hypotheses and ideas are good ones.

The thing, though, is to know when to move on and not to get fixated on wild geese. There's no problem in floating an idea and then realizing one was wrong. One of these days, such an idea may turn out to be right. Keep on thinking out of the box!

Best, Bill

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I agree with Bill 100%. That's what makes ATS different - people willing to DO and SHARE research!

That said - sharing email lists and addresses is NOT appropriate.

IMHO - of course!

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bill Ryan

No, he hasn't. It was a legitimate question thrown up from a neat bit of research. All hypotheses and ideas are good ones.

The thing, though, is to know when to move on and not to get fixated on wild geese. There's no problem in floating an idea and then realizing one was wrong. One of these days, such an idea may turn out to be right. Keep on thinking out of the box!

Best, Bill

Just to be sure. Have you met Victor Martinez? and is he different from the photo of Victor Thorn that I posted above?

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   

That said - sharing email lists and addresses is NOT appropriate.

IMHO - of course!

I was only talking about names not addresses. I will wait to see what other people say. Think I will ask the moderaters see what they think.

For what reason do you think it is wrong to share the names?

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I think this was a great interesting read, that would make for a great novel. But it just screams hoax, especially the whole "different physics in different solar systems." I have no doubt there are aliens out there with technology advanced enough to travel light speed and even visit Earth. But I seriously doubt that physics change a few light years apart.There are also many things in this story that are to say the least, slightly inconsistant . Such as the EBENS arranging a time and date although they to not understand the human concept of recording time.
for a good, fun read
for being inconsistant and with almost no evidence to support this story.

[edit on 15-1-2006 by OLDMAN_O]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Interesting thread. I have found on the web the names and E-mail addresses of the people on Victors list. I would be happy to post the names but not the addresses on this forum if people think that is ok.

I'm pretty sure that posting that list would definitely be inappropriate. Also, those lists you found are probably the ones from oct/nov -- the list has grown significantly since then.

More importantly, there are a few people on this forum that are on Victor's list and have seen the mail list in its entirety. There's really nothing to be learned from it.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
SkepticOverlord and I have managed to get a complete interview with Mr. Bill Ryan on a Special Edition of our pod show, "Two Out Of Three Amigos Conspiracy PodCast". I'll put the link to the show here when we finish the post production and upload it. About an hour from now it should be up.

In the mean time peruse the podcasts at www.abovetopsecret.com... .

We have right at an hour of conversation with Bill and I have to say he represents himself very well and I, for one, believe him that he is the genuine messenger. I don't think he is involved at all beyond hosting the website www.serpo.org . Nice work all the way round Bill, we enjoyed it!

Centrist was instrumental in getting this coordinated and I would like to thank him publicly for helping us get Bill on the podshow.
5,000 ATS Points for Centrist.

I highly reccomend listening to Bill tell it in his own words if you are as fascinated with this story as I am.

On a side issue;

Please DO NOT post the email list on our forum there is no reason to do it and I don't want the headache of all that info being made public on our servers.

Also, waffleprime has earned 5,000 ATS POINTS for research and being "big" enough to admit the possibility exists that it was erroneous.
NICE WORK waffleprime!

Springer...

[edit on 1-15-2006 by Springer]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
EXCELLENT! Thank you for getting this done for us!!

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

For what reason do you think it is wrong to share the names?

I believe that information you found was posted WITHOUT the permission of the individuals involved.

Reposting it HERE would not be appropriate.

THINK, please.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I was only talking about names not addresses. I will wait to see what other people say. Think I will ask the moderaters see what they think.

I am an Owner, and in the event you may miss my "additional points" in my post above I want to make it clear that we DO NOT want the list posted here.

Thank You.

Springer...

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
We have right at an hour of conversation with Bill and I have to say he represents himself very well and I, for one, believe him that he is the genuine messenger.

So much for getting up early and enjoying the Federal holiday by tackling my chore list
I'll be up late on podcast watch! I can't wait to hear this one!

And thanks for the recognition
Having been so impressed with Bill's handling of this interesting story, it's been my pleasure to help. And
for Waffleprime! One of the biggest problems with ufology has been that the witnesses and related storytellers in many ufo-related topics have been plagued with inconsistent and unverifiable backgrounds. Waffeprime made a great find and helped this story pass another test -- too many stories can't even stand up to the slightest scrutiny.

Between the question over Victor being raised and addressed promptly and satisfactorily, the web logs that Bill was so open to make available for public inspection (from the source, no less), and the non-sensationalistic presentation of this information, I think we're all quite ready and willing to believe.

Of course, now we just need anon to give us more. But there's always a catch, huh?

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join