It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
BRAVO SeldomSeen, excellant deduction work. Very curious indeed the comic book connection, I was not aware of the Clark Kent's father name being EBEN KENT. And yes the DC comics and Washington DC does seem just a little coincidental. And Otto the artist along with Silus being of various possible lizard serpent like creatures does seem to fit nicely.

It would seem then our "story" teller has some experience with comic books as well possibly, thus the half off scientific data that does not cooralate to the real scientific data for the zeta star system....

Interesting indeed, we may just find out how this Anon character is, if it is not Victor Martinez himself.....

Someone look up and see if Victor is into comic books

Ram

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Oh my God..

Thats why we discuss..To learn.
This is sad and fun at the same time..

Yea - what does Anon mean?
Though it's sad news indeed - It's good to know that connection..To the Comic books..

Maybe we will get a picture from a comics book - Fighting the Lizard King..
(or what ever)

What i hate about conspiracies... They can go on forever..and ever..

Is this Disinformation or secret codenames...?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
It would seem then our "story" teller has some experience with comic books as well possibly, thus the half off scientific data that does not cooralate to the real scientific data for the zeta star system....

Interesting indeed, we may just find out how this Anon character is, if it is not Victor Martinez himself.....

I think that a number of people have looked into the Victor=anon subject and found the the evidence suggests that this is not the case. I haven't seen the evidence personally, but trust my sources enough to believe that this is not the case. Also, once you get to know Victor, you'll find that he's a journalist. He's a bit sensational at times, but that's just his editorial style (sort of like the New York Post of internet ufology?)

As for the DC comics connection, remember that we've been told that the Ebens supposedly use a language that is very different from our own. Thus, the names of the planets in their systems and the name of their race are obviously creations of the humans that allegedly interacted with them.

It's not unprecedented that those in business or government would use references to something like TV, comics, etc. to use as a naming scheme for new things. So, I'm not sure this necessarily indicates evidence of a hoax. It's a great find, though, and a good analysis.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Centrist in fact if you read the account Anon does tell what the EBEN called their planet... And your right the "TEAM" penned the name of SERPO for their planet, why when the EBEN's already had a name for their planet, did they not just use the EBEN name.

Curious huh...

[Addition from Robert Collins: EBE–1 stated that his planet was named "Sieu" – but that was in Eben, not English.

www.serpo.org...

Means something close to "super" in Vietnamese.

[edit on 12-1-2006 by robertfenix]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by torbjon
okay, there’s one contractor tha’ won’t be bothering me Ever again… the freeek

So

Source>Anon>Victor>Bill>ATS

We are, at the very least, that far removed from the source, and very probably farther…

Only Anon knows what Anon is doing to the Source.

Victor has already admitted to editing and then destroying the original evidence, so we only have his edited version of it.

Bill says he’s just cut and pasting, but according to the page code, there’s at least some font and color schemes going on, and perhaps some spacing issues too, ya Bill? A little justifying here, an extra carriage return there, some italics added for “emphasis” and what not, all for “clarity”, of course. Nothing intentionally fishy, everybody just tryin’ ta help out.

What we have left over is pretty sketchy, to say the least. And nowhere NEAR the original Source.

I have a hard time believing that Victor is an idiot, and I also have a hard time believing that he’s alla that fearful ‘cause he’s allowed his name to be plastered all over this.

So, IF he’s not an idiot (big if) and IF he’s not afraid (‘nother big if) then what other reasons could he have for destroying the Source evidence?

Victor is destroying evidence out of a complete and utter inability to ponder out a way to save the stuff and/or a deep and genuine fear for his life….

And yet he CAN send an EDITED version to Bill to plaster all over the internet along with Victors name and best wishes tagged onto it…. hmmmm.

Victor, Bill, Anon, et al.:

ATS people pick through everything with a fine-toothed comb... Every space, carriage return, typo, font, color, bit, pixel, and snippet is given the once over, twice. You want them to buy into something then don’t pretty it up. Don’t brighten it, darken it, desaturate it, soften it, sharpen it, crop it, cut it, edit it, or mess with it in any way. Just dump the puzzle pieces onto the table, we’ll dust ‘em off and put ‘em together.

rock on
twj

Hi, torbjon –

Many thanks. You raise some important points which deserve comment.

1) Source>Anon>Victor>Bill>ATS.... We are, at the very least, that far removed from the source, and very probably farther….Only Anon knows what Anon is doing to the Source.

This is true. We may guess, but we don't know what's happening on the other side of Victor.

2) Victor has already admitted to editing and then destroying the original evidence, so we only have his edited version of it.

Yes, but your choice of words suggests malevolent interference here ("admitted", "destroying", etc). This is not the case. He explains that the information is being deleted by the Web TV system, which does this by default every 96 hours. It's not just Anon's information which is not retained – Victor's Web TV system doesn't permit him to archive ANYTHING, Serpo or not. He'd not be able to save a message from his mother.

For the sake of total accuracy, there is one way (if I've got this right) that he can save information: he can copy the message, send it to himself, and then not open it. The Web TV system then doesn't delete it because it sees the message is unread. Victor tells me he did this with Anon's very first message to him (received on 1 November). But he's not done that with any of the others.

3) Bill says he’s just cut and pasting, but according to the page code, there’s at least some font and color schemes going on, and perhaps some spacing issues too, ya Bill? A little justifying here, an extra carriage return there, some italics added for “emphasis” and what not, all for “clarity”, of course. Nothing intentionally fishy, everybody just tryin’ ta help out.

I use Dreamweaver to create and edit the web pages, and if I paste e-mail text into Dreamweaver all formatting is lost. So I have to recreate it. Victor doesn't use italics, so any italics of mine have either been to insert my own comments (labeled as such) or in some cases have been in place of legitimate emphasis from Anon's capitalization – though in the vast majority of cases I've taken the capitalization out as I know for a fact that it was added by Victor (who habitually and over-capitalizes for journalistic effect). So my purpose has been to restore it to something more like Anon's original. To show you what I mean, I can copy here some of Victor's original postings if anyone's interested.

I've not interfered with any of the spacing. Similarly with the spelling and punctuation. You can see that that's not been corrected.

4) And yet he CAN send an EDITED version to Bill to plaster all over the internet along with Victors name and best wishes tagged onto it…. hmmmm.

Victor never sent anything to me from Anon for posting on the web page that was not sent to the whole list. I copied the text out of the e-mails to his list (which of course included myself), and pasted it into Dreamweaver: see above.

5) ATS people pick through everything with a fine-toothed comb... Every space, carriage return, typo, font, color, bit, pixel, and snippet is given the once over, twice. You want them to buy into something then don’t pretty it up. Don’t brighten it, darken it, desaturate it, soften it, sharpen it, crop it, cut it, edit it, or mess with it in any way. Just dump the puzzle pieces onto the table, we’ll dust ‘em off and put ‘em together.

It's for this reason that I'd love Anon to send me the information directly (which could be done via the website contact form, and I'd never know who he was; to prove he was the "real" Anonymous, he could use a codeword I provided). I'd trust myself not to alter anything; I have a scientific orientation and understand the importance of retaining source data.

I agree that you guys on this Forum do an exceptionally thorough job of analysing data. I've been impressed. I'd not be here unless I wanted to help you do that in any way I could. If there's anything you want to know or better understand, please ask and I'll explain if I can.

The real trap, I think, is leaping to conclusions... about anything. There are many complexities here. I've done little else other than think about this almost every waking hour for over two months... I can promise you that nothing here is obvious.

Best wishes to you, Bill

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Well, as always, it's a hoax. He was going to post picutres, hasn't posted anything since, no pictures, no evidence. Just like every other big "Breaking news" alien-related posting on the internet.

However, it was a great great read.

Also: Wouldn't the photo's be in black and white? And if he DID release the photos and they're in B&W, it would be easier to fabricate such things than in colour. Also, wouldn't a human go somewhat insane seeing civilization other than our own? (If they're not ready for it)

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Victor is categorically not Anonymous. He's been tearing his hair out about not having heard from Anon since 21 December, and regrets publicizing Anon's promise about the photos (best to underpromise and overdeliver, than vice versa...). I think I also may have made a PR error in putting that on the website... but I was committed to reporting what Victor/Anon said accurately and fully.

Re the "Serpo" name, and Otto and Silus, remember that these names were given to the planets by the exchange team. Maybe one of them was the comic book fan (if there is a link at all).

Remember... people suspecting hoaxes will always be able to find something to support their thesis... as will anyone insisting the story is true. Definitive facts (i.e. not so open to interpretation) are badly needed.

Best, Bill

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
please answer my question on pg 62

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
Centrist in fact if you read the account Anon does tell what the EBEN called their planet... And your right the "TEAM" penned the name of SERPO for their planet, why when the EBEN's already had a name for their planet, did they not just use the EBEN name.

Curious huh...

The Ebens did have their name for their planet: Sieu. We're told that came from EBE–1.

Serpo seems to be the English equivalent of that; maybe "Sieu" was hard to say in the context of English conversation (it doesn't really sound like anything!). I could readily imagine that they may have amended the name for their own conversational purposes.

Best, Bill

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
please answer my question on pg 62

Hi, Alpha Grey (are you a Brit, btw?) – this was about the threat I received (Shawnna, to your earlier question: this was from Washington DC). I mentioned to Serpentime a few days ago that we decided not to publicize this for the time being. It may have been staged, and at the moment we don't know for sure.

But if it was as it seemed, it implied that Washington was rattled by the Serpo disclosure and found the website and the rapidly growing attendant interest an irritant which they wanted to handle. That of course leads into a labyrinth of speculation as to why they might be bothered by a "silly hoax". It sounded as if they were concerned that the real story might be pressurized into the open and the USG would be embarrassed.

Best, Bill

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Bill,

As I said, it’s all for “clarity” nothing Intentionally fishy going on

But the serpo story has been “photoshoped” by at least three different people before being released for mass consumption…. adjust the brightness here, fiddle with the contrast there, all just for clarity, just so we can “see” it better, no evil intentions, people just trying to help out… and then the original “image” gets trashed by the system so we have nothing to compare it to…

You see what I’m getting at, yes? You have a fuzzy picture of a ufo, you do a tiny bit of image enhancement to it, (for clarity) you show me the enhanced version but not the original…

Nobody here is going to buy that without a seriously raised eyebrow.

Victor can’t find a way to archive his stuff… honestly?

Along with the hotmail and vcr options I mentioned earlier, there are some printers that will work with various webtv units if he can afford one.

msntv.com...

You can also log on to webtv email from another computer…

www.net4tv.com...

which allows for other options, like, say, going to kinkos and printing out your emails to paper or disk…

And like you said, you can just mail the letter back to yourself and leave it un opened on the system, like he did with the first one (but none of the others…)

Looking on ebay just now, he could get a real computer (admittedly an older one, like a Pentium II) for about 100 bucks.

so there’s a lot of cheap to free options for archiving information that, for whatever reason, Victor has chosen not to pursue. Which is FINE, but it raises doubts not to have original data to compare things with

duty calls

I gotta go
rock on
twj

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Vietnam Supermarket, Hanoi

Sieu Thi Viet Nam, Ha Noi

Sieu = super Thi = market, the rest is pretty self explanatory.....

Did the linguists that they took only know english or something ?

like how the Sieu drops in for "SUPERMAN" rather nicely.....

man being from "super" like saying you are an EARTHMAN, so then the EBE-1 must be a "SUPERMAN" or SIEUMAN or SIEU BEING.....

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Bill,

I sent an email to the email link listed on the Serpo site with this question, but haven't received a response from you. I was pleased to discover that you are responding to questions here in this forum, so I'd like to post my question to you here:

I've been following this story since late November and agree with what many here have said - this is an interesting tale.

My question is this, and will require speculation on your part somewhat I guess, but wouldn't you think that if the government was interested in finally disclosing a project of this nature, that top government officials would provide interviews with leading news organizations and just lay out the entire story to the American public? Or wouldn't the president give a national address and provide a sense of national unity to an issue like this - saying something to the American people that maybe the time has come where the country is ready to come to terms with what we know about the universe and our neighbors?

All of this is based on the assumption that the government does feel we are now ready to know this information and is providing this disclosure at this time. The method of providing piecemeal information over the course of months, on a web page - information that gets disseminated by essentially just the UFO community, most of which are already considered "loonies" by the population at large (sorry - hope no one takes offense to that) - seems illogical, immature, and just plain silly....

Maybe I'm being naive here - I can accept that - but I would think if the government wanted true disclosure or wanted to get a sense of how the public would respond to pieces of this story - they would release pieces of this story to the news media and then watch for a NATIONAL reaction - not just a reaction in the much smaller UFO/Alien investigative community.

I'm not saying I don't believe the story - I love the story. I love the idea of 12 military/scientists exploring an alien planet in the mid 60's and I actually am hoping that it is true and eventually makes it into the media for full disclosure. But I find the method of disclosure small-minded and silly at the moment... What's you're take on this?

With best Regards,
-rdube02

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
(duty calls was screaming baby, who is Much Happier now...)

Just as an aside,

I'd like to thank you Bill, for taking the time and energy to answer our questions.

I think everybody everywhere is getting more than a little edgy over this subject.

You've remained remarkably cool and collected, and have been quite helpful.

Thanks!!

twj

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I would sure like a new update on the site soon... No matter if its just tidbits - Its a great read and very interesting!

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bill Ryan
Hi, Alpha Grey (are you a Brit, btw?)

Hi Bill !
As for me being a Brit - No..I am not...wish I was !! But I have a great love for all things British, music, food, drink, women, cars, motorbikes, etc.... alot of my friends think I have some Brit in me...(for some reason....when I write..I write in"British English" I.E. colour, favourite.....etc...) I don't know why....I just do....

thanks for answering my query (somewhat..) I understand and I am sure when you feel like it...you will tell us about the "threat"

Thanks Again Bill......I look forward to more of your posts !!

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Like many others on this forum, I find myself becoming frustrated at the lack of promised photos or new information. Because of my impatience, I found myself leaning towards hoax, but after thinking about it, I found that to be a bit ignorant after asking myself tons of questions.

Why would a hoaxer promise pictures if they couldn’t provide them? Just to keep everyone interested?

Wouldn’t they realize that not delivering may jeopardize their credibility?

Does the hoaxer think a similar way as myself, and took this into account as part of their hoaxing strategy?

Is the story real and Anon has been silenced?

Does it take a considerable amount of time to get access to the files and pictures? If so, why hasn’t Anon indicated this and given a status report on his progress? Would a hoaxer at least let Victor know that he’s working on getting new material?

The story seams to be dying, so why would a hoaxer let it go after all the attention it’s been getting? Is the hoaxer freaking out because he’s in way over his head?

There are many more questions that can be asked about the lack of new material. IMO, the slow release of information is irrelevant. If this is a hoax, who can say how this particular hoaxer should act or think. If real, who can say what’s happening behind the scenes. Too many possibilities to lean one way or other based on this aspect.

P.S. Special thanks to Bill Ryan and all the other posters on ATS. I love being able to read the Serpo story and then go to ATS and read many valid POV and ideas that I otherwise would not have considered.

[edit on 12-1-2006 by DeuceCyrenne]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
We'll let you know.
------------------------------------------
One final thing: Someone mentioned the planet "Sieu." That was the pronunciation of SERPO by the Ebens. They're both one and the SAME.

That’s funny because I thought EBE-1 told us his home planet was called Sieu- Why would they pronounce a different name “serpo” and say it as Sieu. It would be like us hearing the EBEN saying See- ou and us dumb humans not being able to understand that and saying SERPO ??

They are not one in the same. By this logic then SERPO the name and spelling must have existed prior to the EBEN trying to pronounce it, When the EBEN trys to say SERPO is pronounces it SIEU… What kind of logic is that. The EBEN would just say whatever his planet is called by him, SIEU , KIPPIO, KADA, Zoppa whatever is his name… The above saying SIEU is the pronunciation of SERPO is just stupid.

www.greatdreams.com...

caryn anscomb wrote:
Not sure you got this? I think Jack used your old e-mail addy.

Jack Sarfatti mailto:[email protected] wrote:
Ron Stahl says Martinez is simply mainly copying Robert Collins's book Exempt from Disclosure in the Serpo story. Martinez is an idiot and so is Collins. Therefore, the physics anomalies are because they are incompetent not because of any real anomalies. This certainly seems to be a plausible hypothesis. Allegedly some other idiot in DIA is an accomplice. You can guess who I guess that is? :-)

On Dec 8, 2005, at 8:22 PM, Jack Sarfatti wrote:

On Dec 8, 2005, at 7:32 PM, Bill Ryan on George Noory's C2C the other night wrote:

Hi, Jack –
I enjoyed our coffee this morning, and wide-ranging discussion!

Zeta R is 38.43 light years away, as I understand.

Best, Bill

So lets say then that due to the actual distance communication signals would take 76 years to go round trip from Earth to “Serpo”. Since the communication signal itself has no additional carrier then must be constrained to the physical limit of light speed. Even if we shinned a laser directly at Serpo the wave length of the laser signal “tip” would take 38+ years to get there. Interesting that since the EBEN craft travel FTL that the Earth perspective of time would remain as if the distance travel were still at lightspeed. Therefore on earth time the EBEN + human team members would not have arrived on Serpo any earlier then 1964 + 38 years or 2002 earth time if they stay 10 years they would remain there until,,, 2012…. (gee there is that number again) and then the return trip back to earth would take an additional 38 + years by earth time so they would arrive in the year 2050.

There are many studies into the dilation of time at the speed of light. This being the paradox of space travel using FTL scenarios that the “earth bond” origination points would pass time at a rate as normal where the space traveler would not. This is the premise for Buck Rogers when he gets caught in space “frozen in time” and returns to earth something like 120 years in the future.

A complicated scenario in Star Wars when jumping through space to travel to another star system and then returning back to the home planet and only a few days seem to have passed. You would think that Anakins many trips throughout the universe would have caused much more aging to occur in Padame if she was not also traveling with him. A simple trip to Zeta and back and Padame would be more then 100 years old.

So IF the serpo story would be true according the version that Victor has presented, then when the returning members who came back in 1978 from Serpo would have returned to earth even before the first communication signal could have been received and before observers here on earth could verify that they were on the planets surface.(which we currently have no means of even seeing the planets surface from here).

So lets say they went there they would have arrived on earth time in the year 2002 and set off a giant super nova, hydrogen bomb (made up..) we would not receive the Xray impulse, Gamma particle IR, or any of the affects, signs, signals etc from said super massive explosion until 2050.

38 light years is still 38 years each way for light to travel. I get on Serpo and aim a laser beam at earth it is still going to take 38 years for that beam of light to reach earth. THAT IS A FACT.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix38 light years is still 38 years each way for light to travel. I get on Serpo and aim a laser beam at earth it is still going to take 38 years for that beam of light to reach earth. THAT IS A FACT.

You raise a good point. But if they can travel faster than light, surely their interstellar communications are of the same speed if not faster. The Eben's version of their own Einstein probably figured out the physics involved. I made a post about this back quite a few pages. I questioned how the communication device is able to break the light barrier. But I figure if a race of humaniods can travel faster than light, they should be able to communicate even faster. Maybe the device amplifies thoughts. Whats the speed of telepathy?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
well sometime ago i was under the beleif that we where going to see pictures....

Guess what? - still no pictures - face it, this stinks of publicity and a hoax.

new topics

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join