It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Bring on all the photographs.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Could someone please point out for me a single part of this story which doesn't seem like a hoax?

It's the same thing we've seen time and time again, lots of data that is useless because it can't be proved or disproved. The only creditable witnesses are either dead or their names are being withheld....and last but the biggest sign of of all is a huge promise (the pictures) that is undeliverable, just before the source of the story "dissapears". I think it would be hard to find an internet hoax that didn't include these things.

I enjoyed reading the story just as much as anyone, but can we all agree now that if a new post dosn't come very soon, and doesn't contain the promised pictures that the serpo story has lost all credibility?

[edit on 6-1-2006 by futureafter]

[edit on 6-1-2006 by futureafter]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
hmm..can't help ya there...from my point. the only thing I could say that looks none hoaxish is bill ryan posting here in regard to the subject....with much detail and none critical bander when replying to skeptics...which gives valid points..its to early to make a brash conclusion. more stuff is on the way. but, if this is where it stops...a choice must be made for sheer prudence of being able to continue future "disclosure endeavors" that this is just another genuine hoax.

[edit on 6-1-2006 by waffleprime]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I've found a couple of websites that contain a list of many of the email addresses on Victor's email list but I don't actually know what to do with the info. I've found another one with a similiar address to the first two, but this has been taken down due to a violation of TOS at that particular webhost, so I expect the same fate will befall those two.

What would be the point of publishing this list in the first place? It's clearly done by someone with a grudge because of the derogatory tone of the limited commentary contained at both sites. I'm guessing that whoever has published this info is on the list in the first place, or at least has received it from someone who is.

Thinking aloud here, but it also got me thinking that the info Victor is being sent by this anonymous person could be done as a way to set him up for a fall, perhaps within the UFO community?

Bill Ryan mentioned earlier in the thread that Victor uses Webtv for email. Is it correct that with webtv you cannot see the email headers? If so, it would be very easy to send an email and make it appear to have originated from any address you like, including .mil, and Victor would be none the wiser.

Ideas anyone?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zep Tepi
Thinking aloud here, but it also got me thinking that the info Victor is being sent by this anonymous person could be done as a way to set him up for a fall, perhaps within the UFO community?

Possibly, but if someone was doing that, then they're probably disappointed with the reaction. People are talking about Serpo, but I haven't many people who are doing more than taking a "wait and see" approach, if that. Victor isn't so much "pushing the story" (at least from what I've read of the Serpo disclosure) as he is "running" it. He's the contact, he sends the stuff out, that's it. I've learned not to confuse Victor's attention-grabbing style for an editorial on the content.

If the Serpo turns out to be a hoax, oh well. Nothing lost for us. We've all had quite a few interesting conversations and (I think) learned something. I certainly know a bit more about the complexities of stable orbits of planets in binary systems than I did a while ago .. and I had two semesters of Astrophysics at RPI.

Someone quite wise observed recently that people are starting to let their need for "instant gratification" drive the concerns over the Serpo story. I think she hit the nail on the head. If this is truly disclosure, would we "know" what it should look like? I would imagine no more so than we would know what an alien is "supposed" to look like.

It's quite reasonable to assume that if anon is who he says he is, he's elderly and possibly in less than perfect health (I think at one point, I figured he might be between 70 and 90 years old). This isn't likely to be a computer savvy person, nor are his colleagues any more likely to be any more skilled. I'm quite convinced that their spokesman is not the person with the "manual" in-hand, if such a thing exists, so there also becomes a possibility of difficulty in communication. Moreover, who's to know exactly what means of access this group has to the alleged "manual".

I think that when I suggest keeping an open mind, I mean that we should consider exactly what reasonable scenarios might exist if we take Anon at face value. Until we actually some evidence that disproves the story, keeping an open mind means giving adequate consideration to possibilities such as this and wait until we have some proof, one way or another, that suggests whether this story and source are real.

If anon never posts again, we'll never know with any degree of certainty whether any of his information was sincere, but it will certainly be written-off as an odd hoax.

Lastly, on the thought that Victor is being "used" because he has WebTV and the hoaxster knew that he couldn't read the headers.... the joke would have been on them already, I think. The message headers are still present, the WebTV user just can't see them. When an email gets forwarded by Victor, the headers are there for someone else to read.

Their message headers, I'm told, were scrutinized and indicated that at least one of the persons involved is sending mail from an authentic DIA address. Again, I have not seen this myself, but do trust the source.

Centrist

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The pictures, the pictures!!
Until there are some pics its just a very good story as could have been written by any talented writer.

Whats the problem they are having in getting them online? Now THATS not really believable....

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I have been watching this thread and I just felt the need to point out that if you start talking about email headers and even IP addresses you should look into the world of hacking. There have been programs available for 20 years now for anyone willing to download them. They can reroute your email to give it a different header. They can wash your IP address. I have a program on my puter that could route my email through a .MIL. No I dont use it. I have another that generates false IP addresses. If I ran it it would fool a sniffer.
Just wanted to offer another view.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
bill ryan,

you still there??

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I demand to see the pictures.

Without pictures this is just a tall fairy tale, in fact, this gives me an idea to tell the story to the little ones just to spook them to death.

Bill Ryan, i am sorry, but there is something wrong with this whole thing.
Not blaming you, just saying....

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I just hope we are all really ready for pictures. Be careful what you wish for. Serpo is a fantastic story indeed and IF photos are produced, that appear to be genuine, then that will surely be a giant leap toward full disclosure. The start of a snowball effect. The trigger to the truth at last.......only if it's real....Pictures please, go ahead and hit me with some truthfully shocking photos to knock me on my booty, I'm ready, I think...

[edit on 6-1-2006 by Jeddyhi]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I'm happy to patiently wait. "Demanding" pictures isn't going to make them appear.

I'm assuming that when/if they are made available, Bill Ryan will post. I have faith in Bill's integrity. I think if he finds out this is a hoax, he'll be the first to post it.

Sooner or later the truth will be known. I just hope it's in my lifetime!

[edit on 7-1-2006 by Shawnna]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   

The main image appears to be a response to a binary message sent into the heavens via the Arecebo Radio Telescope in the 70’s. For more info on the original message visit: www.bigear.org...

The binary message we sent was really a graphical description about ourselves and where we are. Our message, as seen in the image below on the right, showed our sun with the 9 planets and the third (Earth) raised to indicate our home world. The message we received in this crop glyph had two highlighted planets and another which had been highlighted a little differently, possibly to indicate there were multiple planets inhabited and the “special” one was their main home.

If you are talking about our message reaching Zeta 1 or 2 Reticuli, then our message hasn't even got there yet.
It has not traveled even 38.5 light years yet only about 30 years at the most!

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Is it even possible to post genuine pictures and not have people pass them as fake. What exactly would be exceptable evidence to prove in your mind that this is the real deal.
This world is so twisted.
If nothing else sounds like a good script for a new TV Series...

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by porky1981
bill ryan,

you still there??

Still here!

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I should add:

I check into the forum every day in case anyone's asked me a question. I don't generally add to the debate because you guys and gals are doing a fine job knocking it all around – there are some very intelligent and mature people here and I salute you. It's not an easy one. I enjoy reading every post, and I think this is an excellent, high-quality thread.

Behind the scenes I'm doing everything I can to help this go smoothly. I know we need pictures. I think we'll hear more from Anon – possibly within the next week. If anything occurs worthy of note I'll be sure to let you know.

Best, Bill

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bill Ryan

Behind the scenes I'm doing everything I can to help this go smoothly. I know we need pictures. I think we'll hear more from Anon – possibly within the next week. If anything occurs worthy of note I'll be sure to let you know.

Best, Bill

i do apologise if i seem a debunker - but until i see the goods... ill remain a true sceptic.

I really dont see why this information in its entirity isnt just dropped at a news channels address... if i was privvy to such information, in my opinion i would be doing the human race a service by expanding its horizons and changing history for the better.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bill Ryan
I should add:

I check into the forum every day in case anyone's asked me a question. I don't generally add to the debate because you guys and gals are doing a fine job knocking it all around – there are some very intelligent and mature people here and I salute you. It's not an easy one. I enjoy reading every post, and I think this is an excellent, high-quality thread.

Best, Bill

Glad your still around, Bill!! Appreciate your posts and keeping eye on forum to answer questions. Your presence here is about the only thing that gives me hope for authenticity. Keep up the good work!!

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
we have every right to be skeptic! and we should question this. but, lets not scare him away now

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Im a true sceptic

I really dont see why this information in its entirity isnt just dropped at a news channels address...

Yes....

Isn't that how it usually works?

The traditional procedure, should an unnamed "government official" wish to "leak", is to place a discrete phone call to a trusted journalist (who will then protect his identity while documenting the bona fides of his allegations for the public consumption...).

Remember Mark Felt and Bob Woodward?

"Leaking" to an unknown e-mail ring is a new 'Walk in the Woods' to me...

Respectfully, my opinion.

Serpentime

[edit on 7-1-2006 by Serpentime]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serpentime

Remember Mark Felt and Bob Woodward?

Yes, but do you think that any journalist associated with any major news network would take this? Also, how do we know that Anon didn't approach certain journalists? I do agree with you, in that I would think that someone who followed Ufology closely enough to get on Victor's list (which, I agree, was unknown to many prior to Serpo, myself included) would have at least thought to go to George Knapp with the story. He's never been afraid to tell a UFO story and it doesn't seem to have hurt him.

There is also Art Bell, Jerry Pippin, and a number of other people who anyone running a Google search on "UFO" would have found. But, who knows? Maybe someone who would be a logical choice for taking a story like this didn't buy into it right away, but thought that it should be run through at least a few knowledgeable people to test it for veracity prior to releasing it to the general public... The disclosure we're seeing now may be part of a "vetting" process.

new topics

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join