It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I do not see a problem with the communication issue either. Look at the problems we have right here on earth communicating with each other. I am from the south, my wife is from the north. She doesn't always understand me and I don't always understand her and yet we both speak english. Throw in an Aussie or a Brit with me and my southern drawl and I'll betcha we'll only understand each other about 50% of the time. Thats why I don't like to watch British movies, not that they are bad or anything, it's just that half the time I don't know what they are saying. So you put beings from different planets in a room together and watch them try to communicate. Everything will have to go back to the very basics of pointing, grunting and sign language until both parties are understanding each other. I would have more of a problem with Eben's if they spoke perfect english rather than knowing there is a communication problem. I am 53, been speaking english all my life and still haven't gotten it right yet! PS- sometimes I think northerners are from Eben!

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The issue is the incinsistencies in the stories with regards to communication with the eben survivor at the crash site and the eben's on Serpo. First, there is clear communication, then we find out that the poor eben is a mechanic so, obviously, communication becomes more of a problem. Then, when surrounded by hundreds of ebens in their ship and homeworld, only hand gestures/signs will do. And it took months to learn eben language on their homeworld. Did their translators suddenly malfunction?

This story is full of holes...might be a perfect script for Ang Lee though!

[edit on 6-1-2006 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by vietifulJoe

@ Im a true sceptic - just have to wait. It's not that hard. In the mean time we can have a life, watch 'Battlerstar Galactica' (tonight is first episode of new season
) and so on. Question I have for you: will you believe even if you are in possession of 3000 page document?

If disclosure is really happening, then for sure they have problem with NSA or are waiting for a good time to send more information...

[edit on 1/6/06 by vietifulJoe]

actually its on tuesday evening here at 8 pm...
imho it stinks compaired to the orginal series (the pilot film did anyway, starbuck never was a girl and he had brown hair btw......) - ohh and eneded up marooned with a damaged cylon and lived ever after with him....its true i tell you.

it would be nice if it was true - but how can fundemental laws in pysics be different elsewhere in the universe? - granted blackholes can change these laws - but ive read no mention of a blackhole - so how can these be different in a system that revolves around a sun like we do?

like i say - give it too me - this information and i will hand deliver it to sky tv and promise they will beam it around the world.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
The issue is the incinsistencies in the stories with regards to communication with the eben survivor at the crash site and the eben's on Serpo.

Understand completely but I am assuming that only a handful of Ebens have a translator so it wouldn't be that unusal to be on a ship full of Ebens that haven't a clue what you just said. Kinda like me in Michigan visiting my wife's family. My other assumption is that Eben society is more structured than our own, each one has a specific job that they are trained to do, not a jack of all trades and master of none like me! In this case again only specific Eben's would be able to communicate with the crew of 12. And sometimes it isn't what you say, it is how you say it. Facial expressions and hand gestures are a very big part of our communication process. For instance if I am sitting on my hands, I can't say a word!
Try going to a Resturant in Michigan and asking for grits and sweet tea with your breakfast. Some words and phrases just don't translate well to other languages. I've got a Pakistani friend and I tell him all the time that wednesday is 'hump day', that the hard part is over. Now that same phrase in Urdu comes out something like this, ' ortha nickel guya doom regahe' which translated back to english means 'the elephants tail just went through the hole!' or something like that!

[edit on 6-1-2006 by WHOFLUNGGUM]:

[edit on 6-1-2006 by WHOFLUNGGUM]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I think that the inconsistencies with regards to communication leaves a lot to be desired in the way of credibility. I can only assume that an advanced civilization who can travel FTL to come to Earth and exchange members of their species for ours would have anyone that came in contact with those "darn, dirty humans" to be equiped with a translating device. Wouldn't you? Me thinks it would make the whole exchange process a tad bit easier.

Think about it. The team arrives on Serpo and then has to LEARN their language (which they had a hard time with supposedly) in order to figure out what is going on, while previously we earthlings had the benefit of communicating via their translating device? Only a couple of eben's (MVC's) were able to communicate with us?

This is extremely far-fetched. Again, its full of holes and losing credibility fast!

Gene Roddenberry did a much better job portraying alien to human communication than this Serpo story ever will.

[edit on 6-1-2006 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

elephants tail just went through the hole!

Yeah... TGIF

Think about it. The team arrives on Serpo and then has to LEARN their language (which they had a hard time with supposedly) in order to figure out what is going on, while previously we earthlings had the benefit of communicating via their translating device? Only a couple of eben's (MVC's) were able to communicate with us?

Again, I think you're trying to dictate the "logic" of an alien species. We can't talk to bugs, but we still study them, right? We don't talk to dogs, but we certainly can "communicate" with them well enough (although my dog always thought that I was a little slow on the uptake).

Opening your mind is about seeing things in a whole new way, not just waiting for some some event to occur or some fact to be found that persuades you one way or the other.

Again, its full of holes and losing credibility fast!

You can also look at it as a story that still has a lot of blanks to fill-in. The truth of this story will hinge, for my, on evidence that reasonably suggests one conclusion or another. Until then, I would try to avoid interpreting the actions of a hypothetical alien civilization in human terms.

Centrist

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
Gene Roddenberry did a much better job portraying alien to human communication than this Serpo story ever will.

I see what you are saying but I also think that Gene Roddenberry is part of the problem. It always amazed me on Star Trek how all the Aliens spoke perfect english. I realize they were using translators. But I do recall one episode of Star Trek Generations where the Federation could not break this one particular races language. All the experts were completely stumped until Pacard was trapped on the surface of this planet with one of the Aliens and he accidently discovered the Aliens pattern of speech. Seems the creature spoke in metaphors instead of structured sentence patterns relating to a specfic idea or thought as we do.

'Live long and prosper!'

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Centrist
Yeah... TGIF

You betcha!

You can also look at it as a story that still has a lot of blanks to fill-in. The truth of this story will hinge, for my, on evidence that reasonably suggests one conclusion or another. Until then, I would try to avoid interpreting the actions of a hypothetical alien civilization in human terms.
Centrist

I agree 100%, we have to stop looking at this from a human standpoint.
I liked the dog analogy, I tried to teach mine to fetch but he never got the jest of it. I always ended up going after the ball and bringing it back.........
stupid dog!

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Just thought of some interesting coincidences regarding the serpo solar system and a previous post by Barbadel :

Originally posted by Barbadel

----------------------------------------
Forgive me if this has already been pointed out before but I've notice that if we take the number from the Extra Solar Planets Encylopedia (see link above) and look at the Period(days) for Reticulum 4 you get 432.6 days.
See table below:
Planets of the Zeta 2 Reticulum System
====================================================
Planet Semi-Major axis Period(days) Period(years)
---------------------------------------------------------------
Reticulum 1 0.14 (AU) 18.9 (days) 0.052 (years)
Reticulum 2 0.28 54.0 0.1481
Reticulum 3 0.56 152.9 0.4196
Reticulum 4 1.12 432.6 1.12

Orbit: 865 days
Tilt: 43 degrees
Temperature: Min: 43° / Max: 126°
Distance from Earth: 38.43 light years

Now, I don't know if this is a proof that one of the source above is a hoax or if it means anything special but I've noticed that if you double the number of days from the 1st source (432.6 days) you end up with 865.2 days which turns out to be the same as Anon's number (865 days) minus the decimals...
Why do we need to double the number to get the same result?

Does anyone remember the Chilbolton Crop Glyphs? I’m sure most of you do, but for those of you that don’t they were a set of crop glyph placed beside a radio telescope in Hampshire, England.

The main image appears to be a response to a binary message sent into the heavens via the Arecebo Radio Telescope in the 70’s. For more info on the original message visit: www.bigear.org...

The binary message we sent was really a graphical description about ourselves and where we are. Our message, as seen in the image below on the right, showed our sun with the 9 planets and the third (Earth) raised to indicate our home world. The message we received in this crop glyph had two highlighted planets and another which had been highlighted a little differently, possibly to indicate there were multiple planets inhabited and the “special” one was their main home.

Honestly, I was amazed when I compared this theory of mine about 3 inhabited planets in the solar system with the info listed on the serpo site www.serpo.org...

Nearest planet to SERPO: Named: OTTO
Distance:
88 million miles (colonized by Ebens with research base, but no natural inhabitants on planet)
Number of planets in Eben Solar System: Six
Nearest inhabited planet to SERPO:

Named: SILUS (SILUS is made up of creatures of various types, but no intelligent life forms. Ebens use the planet to mine minerals.)
Distance: 434 million miles

This makes a total of 3 inhabited planets in the solar system!

Another interesting fact about the Chilbolton Crop Glyphs is that the main message carried another addition. Our original message showed our means of communicating the message which was a graphical representation of the Arecebo Telescope. The return image shows a picture of a fractal glyph left in the SAME FIELD one year earlier. Indicating, the means of communication… crop glyphs. See the images below, once again our message is on the right and the response on the left.

Heres the glyph left one year previously:

I’m not sure, but this could represent some kind of orbial diagram. There is one central point upon which two things revolve (suns) that are each orbited by other bodies.

I think it’s also pertinent to notice the additional image that was made on the same day as the return message. This image was left in the same field:

This doesn’t look like the normal grey face to me. Looks more like the eben face …

www.astrosciences.info..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

I’m not sure what to make of all this, but it certainly is compelling.

Image source

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Human are habits, but do not have to be.

By the way you wrote it -- the dog is stupid, never did catch on to fetch the ball or whatever --- no, the dog is smart - he had you acting like the dog, and he was acting like the human, and without speaking at all~!

That is just one way -- of communicating.

However that is just an example, and I don't intend to harm anyone with the way you wrote it out.

As for communcating, go to a foreign country and try and communicate with about 2000 words or so, and soon, like other people, you will be using hand signals, or trying to look up every word in a transalator dictionary or so, or even using an electronic device that will have the words in it in both languages -- and still -- you will not be able to understand how they speak because of changes in dialet and other habits formed that humans mainly do -- all humans. It is just a fact, and always has been that way.

Personally to me, Anonymous has not given enough story to connect any dots, and a lot of imagination has to be used in the story, but actually without being there -- I guess the imagination only can be used!

I've seen a lot of things, this is just another one of those -- things!
It means nothing in the end - if the dots can not be connected -- and like any ufo cases or dead spacealien pictures -- the corpses are not blue, or seem to be even in most of the pictures.

But I am quite sure -- that humans turn blue when they die, and only the morgue makes them look better -- and they never look alive again.

So, I jump to no conclusions, and lately I just do not jump anymore, but I suppose there will still be people who jump at just about anything in this World -- I doubt if in the end -- either way it will make a difference.

Simply put, there is time, because it will always be mentioned, and always about 'how much time is this going to take?"
Compared to what -- the length of time of a mountain or the sea -- humans and especially me - -just do not have the time!

Not always! Life will change before anyone had the time to pursue whatever course of action was going to be pursued, so actually not knowing what to think about any of this - -as well as Titor -- or anything -- one would have to spend more time -- researching any of this -- or in a way -- deal with it --- and at least some of that has been done!

However at this time - perhaps the correct people did not go on the trip to Planet Serpo -- it was the wrong astronauts or serpon(a)uts!

No doubt they were picked by human standards which already negate any positive feedback about any such mission whether it happened or not!

The first assumption is - well the humans going to the planet were the best we had -- and made of the right stuff.

Ya, and movies have been made also too about all of it -- and still:
here we are!

No one is selling it, so no one can be buying it (or something like that) ----- Titor!

Circles are for kids - and kids have to be told perhaps a hundred times to not do something -- but again -- we are spiraling around on this Planet -- and never ever went in circles -- although it seems that way -- some days!
All related to Time though!

Yes, I can post absolutely nothing, and still it all will be relative, according to Einstein, but the year of Einstein is -- over - that was last year!

Well, I could post a limmerick about now, but time is up!

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The dog was teaching me? Hum! boy do I feel dumb!
Out smarted by a dog! Oh well we live and learn.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
noise, thats is a fantastic find i congrad you on it. Also the ebes look more human thans gray

i remeber jrod, in an earleir post i explained what jrod said to some of the scientists that his race could time travel and that they are awaiting something big to happen on earth.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Bottle of beer = $3.50
Trying to make a point on ATS = Maybe $10
Having someone on ATS make your point for you = Priceless

Thanks amoebiaSized, this Bud's for you!

Noise, I seem to recall seeing a video about those crop circles and
how the messages have been deciphered. Very interesting indeed.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
freeenergy,

I think tht you think Anon has been 'inconsistent' because you're assuming that he has always told the story from start to finish with an equal amount of detail being given to each posting. It appears to be inconsistent because the degree of detail has changed... just as the point of each post has changed.

Initially Anon was simply trying to get the point across that we had encountered aliens after 'touching bases' with a crashed Eben. Later on he provided more detail. In the last post he gave a blow by blow description of the beginning of the Team's journey. He was, in short, transitioning from summarization to thorough description... a process that always means that some details will be left out and broad descriptions will be made.

Now... think about the description on the back of a dvd/vhs box. It's usually about a paragraph long... and it usually is just a vague description that touches on major plot points OR that simply telescopes a variety of developments into one simple description. Anon's first posts were like that... the idea was to summarize and introduce the Serpo story... just like the description on the back of a DVD is supposed to just introduce the basic elements of the movie inside.

Now... so far I haven't seen a single inconsistency in this story. What people are calling 'inconsistencies' are just elements of the story that they haven't thought through... or that they are processing with an almost autistic literalism. I mean... if I say that I went to Indiana last week... and later on I say that I went to Indianapolis... I am being inconsistent at a verbal level but not in terms of telling the truth or contradicting my narrative.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Thanks for the pro and con comments regarding the post on communication incostistencies.

The key, IMHO, is the level of communication achieved by the 'mechanic' during his stay on earth. Just one (sick -as in ill) Eben is able to provide a 'full explanation' of the items found in the two craft. To me, a full explanation would be just that, otherwise it would have surely been worded differently in the post i.e. 'partly explained' or 'gave us a rough idea' of the items in the two craft. Just MHO.

Also, consider the level of language skill required to translate the following information from one species to the other:

— The first message was just letting his planet know he was alive;
— The second message explained the crash in 1947 and the death of his crew;
— The third message asked for a rescue craft for him;
— The fourth message suggested a formal meeting with leaders of Earth;
— The fifth message suggested an exchange program
— The sixth message provided landing coordinates for any future rescue or visitation mission to Earth. The incoming messages gave a time and date (Eben date and time system), and confirmed a landing location.

I would have thought you would need an extremely good understanding of the other's language to be able to translate details so specific.

As an aside and regarding the post where Eben #1 pointed out it's Star System on a star map; surely their star maps would have a completely different point of origin to ours and therefore look different? Bearing in mind this contact occured in 1952, how detailed would our own star maps have been? Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

Now... so far I haven't seen a single inconsistency in this story. What people are calling 'inconsistencies' are just elements of the story that they haven't thought through... or that they are processing with an almost autistic literalism.

That raises a very good point -- internal vs. external inconsistencies. We should be mindful of such things as we study what Anon has posted and may post in the future.

An internal inconsistency is where the informant, anon, posts information in one post that cannot be be reconciled with information posted in another post. In other words, where Anon contradicts himself.

An external inconsistency is where information that was disclosed by someone other than Anon contradicts something anon said. While I think this has occured, we have to remember that if anon is posting the truth, then it may conflict with the UFO "folklore" that we've come to know and seen recycled by garden-variety hoaxsters.

Internal inconsistencies can be the result of a mistake or misinterpretation committed by Anon or can be a direct indication of the veracity of his disclosure. External inconsistencies may or may not be valuable, since we do not know the credibility of the allegedly contradictory material.

Centrist

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
mistakes could also be a sign of not being a hoax also. being over descriptive...I.e. titor, Meier...smells dank with hoax...the steam is starting to rise on this one..but, at least it hasn't made its way from the barn yet.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zep Tepi
Thanks for the pro and con comments regarding the post on communication incostistencies.

The key, IMHO, is the level of communication achieved by the 'mechanic' during his stay on earth. Just one (sick -as in ill) Eben is able to provide a 'full explanation' of the items found in the two craft. To me, a full explanation would be just that, otherwise it would have surely been worded differently in the post i.e. 'partly explained' or 'gave us a rough idea' of the items in the two craft. Just MHO.

Also, consider the level of language skill required to translate the following information from one species to the other:

— The first message was just letting his planet know he was alive;
— The second message explained the crash in 1947 and the death of his crew;
— The third message asked for a rescue craft for him;
— The fourth message suggested a formal meeting with leaders of Earth;
— The fifth message suggested an exchange program
— The sixth message provided landing coordinates for any future rescue or visitation mission to Earth. The incoming messages gave a time and date (Eben date and time system), and confirmed a landing location.

I would have thought you would need an extremely good understanding of the other's language to be able to translate details so specific.

As an aside and regarding the post where Eben #1 pointed out it's Star System on a star map; surely their star maps would have a completely different point of origin to ours and therefore look different? Bearing in mind this contact occured in 1952, how detailed would our own star maps have been? Just a thought.

Not to belabor the point but you are making the assumption that earthlings made the communications to the Eben's planet. The post clearly says that the communications were made with EBE#1's assistance. EBE provided the necessary language skills. After all, he was phoning home.

We don't know exactly what 'full explanation' means and you are assuming it means what YOU would expect it to mean. It's a vague statement. Now, if they had said, "EBE #1 provided the mechanical drawings and schematics of all the devices" that would be an entirely different matter.

And as for star maps... yes, other civilizations would undoubtedly have unique systems of depiction. But remember, these EBE's are tooling around this corner of the galaxy routinely. They would undoubtedly have some basic familiarity to major features... landmarks if you will.

And I notice you seem to place significant stock in the description of the EBE as a mechanic. My sense is you're drawing a parallel between the guy who works on your car and this EBE. That may not be fair. Clearly, any mechanic of a FTL craft from an advanced civilization has got to be given props, you know?

I think in general we're all making too many assumptions and assertions based upon personal interpretations. The language used is far to imprecise to allow this.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Thanks for your comments jtma508.

You wrote:

Not to belabor the point but you are making the assumption that earthlings made the communications to the Eben's planet. The post clearly says that the communications were made with EBE#1's assistance. EBE provided the necessary language skills. After all, he was phoning home.

Not at all, it doesn't really matter who made the communication (FWIW I assumed it was the Eben), what matters is the fact that the earthlings KNEW the specific details of this communication.

We don't know exactly what 'full explanation' means and you are assuming it means what YOU would expect it to mean. It's a vague statement. Now, if they had said, "EBE #1 provided the mechanical drawings and schematics of all the devices" that would be an entirely different matter.

Agreed, but some pretty detailed information must have been provided to warrant the fact it was described as a 'full explanation'. The term doesn't appear vague to me but I do understand your point.

And I notice you seem to place significant stock in the description of the EBE as a mechanic. My sense is you're drawing a parallel between the guy who works on your car and this EBE. That may not be fair. Clearly, any mechanic of a FTL craft from an advanced civilization has got to be given props, you know?

Haha! That actually made me laugh out loud. I only use the term mechanic because that's how he was described by anonymous. I thought of him more as a Scotty or Geordie LaForge from Star Trek fame. I wonder what his last words were as the craft was crashing down to Earth... "I cannae hold 'er cap'n!"

Regards

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
well, just because these so called aliens come from another world doesn't mean they are all knowing. 10 bucks says theres one that just sits around or eats to much fruits..and weird vegatables..its benigning to think that every single being from a technologic superior race doesn't think about him/it?self at least once. in my mind..its perfectly logical for ebe #1 to not have the best know how to do certain things..well enough ranting from me. show the pics already...here I am defending a poor little alien that probabally does not even exist!

"we're only human"
[edit on 6-1-2006 by waffleprime]

[edit on 6-1-2006 by waffleprime]

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join