It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 55
29
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by area51videoz
It says that they made contact with Sipos when the Roswell craft crashed. They said the government made contact with the their home planet with the help of the surviving alien. But then in all the posts the guy says it they come here in a very large mothership. Why wouldnt the alien contact the mothership to the rescued. Im sure they was more of them here than what crashed in Roswell...



it just says they crashed...theres no word on why or how, in scenario is this were a true deal...maybe they had some kind of power outage and couldn't make contact...or maybe they were scouts on routine...ebe #1 was said to be a mechanic..and not neccessarily a computer tech to know how to contact other ships...from broken equipment. *shrugs* who knows.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by waffleprime]




posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Of course with the flurry of activity going on, and I have to review again:

Please note that GSC 2.2.01 is 40GB in size and that we do not have the resources to support downloads or make copies of the entire catalog for individual researchers or institutions at this time - only participating institutions. We are looking at options and costs for a mass distribution of GSC 2.3 on some media. The major data centers and observatories which contributed to the production of this catalog are also providing on-line access to the world-wide community.

But only 485 million or so objects in the catalog as of now --- meaning that the 40gB of data already is that much, and considering that some of it is out-of-this-Galaxy listings of Deep Sky Objects -- like Quasers and external galaxies -- still when considering the low end of perhaps 100 billion stars in the galaxy -- or up to 400 billion stars in the galaxy - and Andromeda Galaxy is -- bigger than the Milky Way Galaxy - (our galaxy) then:

about 33 120gB harddisk to just hold 100 or 150 billion stars in our galaxy, there still may be a problem with any other space travel than close space travel.

Additional links about the Heim's Theory of Quantum Theory or whatever it is -- about the previous postings just above:

en.wikipedia.org...:Burkhard_Heim/Archive1

www.hpcc-space.com...

Same paper -- slightly different link.
www.uibk.ac.at...

It is clear that the Government would spend money on a dream -- but where do they get all that money to spend -- wish I had some of it!!


Oh, still have to look at the swiggles on the 3_second_Eben_picture also yet, as I have not -- yet!
If there is anything to it!

But the orbital data given my Anonymous is not matching the Critical Zone for a Planet according to our data yet for that Sun in Reticulum either -- being twice as long as listed in a previous posting also!

If there was any activity on one of those Suns, like part of the Corona blowing outwards, and changing the gravity of that system but somehow still capable of living there but on a further out planet -- well that may work, and the data would only be coming in about now -- being 38.5 or 40 light years away, but still the pictures of the Stars in Reticulum are earlier pictures and would not show that also. (?? - or coming in the next few years -- allowing something to change with the Helium burning of that Sun)!

But then, perhaps that ain't even happening there anyway, so it was just an amusing thought -- for a brief moment of time!




[edit on 5-1-2006 by AmoebaSized]



posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
Although as Serpentine pointed out these persons heading up disclosure knew full well the possibility of being shut up or shut down from past history. Would it have not made sense to have all the necessary data available and onhand beforehand?

Yes, it would. By golly, it sure would be nice to have someoone get organized and have everything necessary for their presentarion available to them at a moment they need it.


Nice observation.

I agree.

I find it hard to believe that any Staff-grade Intelligence officer(s) would conduct themselves in such a piece-meal fashion.


My thoughts were simply:

1.) If this is an "authorized release", then it should have been 'Risk-matrixed', cross-'Co-ordinated', and thoroughly thought-out in advance. The 'Ducks' should have already been 'put in a row', so to speak.

"Oops, my source has 'Gone soft'..." or, "People are 'Breaking my rice bowl'", sound more like what is usually called a 'Tap-dance', in that sort of company...


2.) On the other hand, if this is a rogue, "back-channel" operation, then its cover is nonexistent and it should have been targeted/terminated, long ago, by Counterintelligence elements.



In light of these observations (if we are truly dealing with the Intelligence Community...), I conclude--by default--that we are left with a on-going official operation whose true purpose remains undisclosed.


Just me again.


Serpentime





[edit on 5-1-2006 by Serpentime]



posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
At this point...

I think it might be useful to divide this thread into two new threads. These threads could, individually, be dedicated to:
1) Discussing the reality of the Serpo information and
2) Discussing the Serpo information in terms of what it would mean if it were real

The reason I am suggesting such a division is that, here, we have become trapped in a situation where we are continously talking about whether or not Serpo is a hoax... while, at the same time, it may be (remotely) possible that we are looking at first hand accounts of alien culture. At a certain point we should begin to discuss/study the information that is being provided to us instead of just discussing whether or not that information is real... simply because, if this is real, it is our first observation of another intelligent lifeform. I mean... what if Spain spend a whole year discussing whether or not Columbus was telling the truth instead of discussing what he was reporting?

I am not saying that people shouldn't try to debunk the Serpo stuff. I'm just saying that I think some people might want to discuss the Serpo stuff from historical, 'anthro'pological, and scientific standpoints in a thread that isn't 90% about debunking/proving it and that has now reached a bewildering length. Perhaps we should even have threads with titles like: 'Serpo:Eben Society', 'Serpo: Eben Technology' and so on?

As Centrist was the person who started this thread, and as I don't want to rob him of his ats points, I think he should start these new threads IF this gets to the point where people want to discuss the Serpo information in and of itself.



posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serpentime
In light of these observations (if we are truly dealing with the Intelligence Community...), I conclude--by default--that we are left with a on-going official operation whose true purpose remains undisclosed.


Just a thought, but how do you all factor-in anon's suddenly erratic posting schedule. If he were a true hoaxster, how hard would it be to keep people on their seats with each new post? Why back yourself into a corner with a promise of stunning photos? Why risk losing the limelight by not posting? What was his purpose if he was just faking it?

I think Serpentime's drawn a very well-reasoned conclusion by his analysis. There seems to be something going on... but what and for what purpose?

Hoaxsters rarely give up, no matter how ridiculous their claims and how often they are shown to be frauds.



posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Great post above!

I was just thinking the exact same thing, you beat me to it--and im glad because I got a great laugh out of it


dan burisch...



posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I have been reading and watching this with interest. Several members are doing excellent analysis.

I have some observations regarding the latest entry from Anon…the diary or log of one of the exchange members.

So, they are halfway to the Serpo homeworld when they are let out of the room they have been in since the rendezvous with the mothership. The MVC (EBE liaison officer?) tells them that they are half way...

“OK, MVC finally arrived. He explains in broken english, that we are halfway to home planet”

He then goes on to tell them..

“Everything is functioning properly and we all will feel better once the craft gets out of this time wave, as he calls it”

Apparently the team members are now free to roam the vast mothership but must stay together….why? This, to me, is strange. For the first half of the journey they are confined to a specific room....

“OK, we moved to another room or area……Seems like it is something special for us”

then the MVC tells them they are half way and the worst is over. They are coming out of a “timewave”. I am no physist, but maybe a member will jump in and explain. They spend the first half in a timewave, then the second half of the journey doing what? Maybe slowing down. They get faster than light, then it takes the other half of the journey to slow down. Is this how FTL travel would work?

Next, the size of the mothership. It takes the members 15mins to get from the landing bay to their room....

“It took us about 15 minutes to walk to our area”

They state that the cargo bay is huge.....

“The ceiling is about 100 feet high in this area of the ship.”

Then from their room to the elevator takes them 20mins...

“We walked along a very narrow hallway for a long period of time, maybe 20 minutes”

Now, maybe someone can work this out?, taking the average speed of a human walking, can we figure out the minimum dimensions of the mothership? Would they be walking in a straight line or in a huge curve, like if they were in a giant saucer craft?

Finally, anyone with artistic abilities want to have a stab at what the FTL drive(engine) looks like from the description?...

“MVC takes four of us to the engine room or whatever they wish to call the room. It contains large, very large metal containers. They are in a circle, with the ends of each pointing into the center. Many pipes or some type of large tubes connects them.

In the center of these containers is a copper colored coil or something looking like a coil. There is a bright light being shined from a point above into the center of the coil. We hear a very dull hum, but no major loud sounds. 661 thinks it is a negative matter versus positive matter system”

Some interesting observations. I am still on the fence with this one if the truth be told. I am looking forward to the pics, which I am convinced will arrive. I am not naïve enough to think that the pics will be easy to come by. As for the 3000page report including the hand written journal, as others have mentioned, I would like to see a scan of a page or two of calculations on the orbit of Serpo and system surrounding it. The orbit length and other data about Serpo and surrounding planets don’t make sense and I would like more information on this aspect.

Keep up the good work you guys, we’ll find the truth eventually!



posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The biggest problem I have with this story is with the communication inconstistencies. I know this has been mentioned earlier in the thread but I feel it is important regarding the authenticity of the whole story.

For example, from posting 1 by anonymous:


The live entity established communications with us and provided us with a location of his home planet.

That's not bad going for a mechanic (mentioned in post #8) and proves the Eben's ability to communicate with us.

Following on directly from the above quote:


The entity remained alive until 1952, when he died. But before his death, he provided us with a full explanation of the items found inside the two crafts. (Emphasis mine).

Note it says "full explanation". So, - to my eyes at least - that clearly proves that communication was established and didn't seem to present an insurmountable problem.

Continuing with post 1:


Somehow, I never knew this information, but a meeting date was set for April 1964 near Alamogordo New Mexico. The Aliens landed and retrieved the bodies of their dead comrades. Information was exchanged. Communication was in English. The aliens had a translation device. (Emphasis mine)

Again, absolutely no communication problems there. However, jump to post number 4 at the serpo.org website and fast forward to the stay on the Eben planet and all of a sudden we're having problems understanding each other!


This was a gigantic problem, to say the least. It took our linguist specialists several years to adequately establish a form of communication with the Ebens. A group of Ebens learned to understand English and a few other Earth languages.

I thought communication had already been established, as shown earlier in the story? Now, not only are there problems understanding each other but this problem has been exacerbated by burdening the Ebens with unnecessary additional languages! It doesn't make sense. It does however make the narrative far more interesting for our intrepid heroes on Serpo.


This group contained the "Travelers," as our team called them. Our Team Members connected themselves with the Travelers. Although the Team couldn't always understand their responses, the Eben travelers understood our Team, most of the time. During this time period, the only exchange of information was simple.

And:


The Ebens, not being able to completely explain something to our team, used a form of sign language by pointing to the object or item they wished to explain and made hand movements. Our team, two members, eventually grasped that method of communication. However, our Team didn't receive much information from the Ebens during this time period.

Now it's getting silly! As mentioned earlier in this thread we've gone from successfully communicating with an alien race, swapping a wealth of information regarding every aspect of space travel and all that that entails, to hand signals?!? Ludicrous in the extreme!

From post number 8:


BACKGROUND : Ebe #1 provided a communication device that allowed us to contact Serpo. This communication device was onboard the Eben craft that crashed in July 1947 near Corona, New Mexico. Ebe #1 showed us the proper use of this communication device prior to his death.


And:



However, the device did not function properly and no contact could be made with Serpo. Just prior to Ebe #1's death, an American scientist from Los Alamos figured out the device worked and connected an energy source found in the Eben craft to the communication device. With Ebe#1's assistance and language input, several signals were sent during the summer of 1952.


The above two quotes again show us there didn't appear to be a communication/language problem going on.

If further clarification is needed it is helpfully provided here, again from post #8:


Ebe #1 translated the messages and provided us with that information. Ebe #1 sent six messages.
— The first message was just letting his planet know he was alive;
— The second message explained the crash in 1947 and the death of his crew;
— The third message asked for a rescue craft for him;
— The fourth message suggested a formal meeting with leaders of Earth;
— The fifth message suggested an exchange program
SNIP
— The sixth message provided landing coordinates for any future rescue or visitation mission to Earth. The incoming messages gave a time and date (Eben date and time system), and confirmed a landing location.

That's a lot of specific information there. Very specific, in fact.

However, bearing in mind that anonymous posted about the communication problems on Serpo in post #4, we then have this right after the above:


(NOTE: Ebe #1 was a mechanic, not a scientist. He was still able to teach us some of the Eben language. According to the document which I read, we translated about 30% of the Eben language. Complex sentences and numbers could not be recognized.)

I fail to see how the quote in bold can be true in light of all previous information and specifically the six messages sent and translated in the quote preceding this one.

In my mind at least, this story is just that; a story. And not a properly thought-out or well-structured one at that.

I'm still looking forward to seeing the pictures though ;-)



posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Centrist
I think Serpentime's drawn a very well-reasoned conclusion by his analysis. There seems to be something going on... but what and for what purpose?

That's what I would like to know. I don't think this story is true, but I also don't think Anon is the average hoaxer, so what is the purpose of story?



Hoaxsters rarely give up, no matter how ridiculous their claims and how often they are shown to be frauds.

I don't agree, I think most hoaxers disappear after their story is picked apart, like John Titor among others. I think Burisch and Co. are the exception. Just a thought.



posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by waffleprime

Originally posted by area51videoz
It says that they made contact with Sipos when the Roswell craft crashed. They said the government made contact with the their home planet with the help of the surviving alien. But then in all the posts the guy says it they come here in a very large mothership. Why wouldnt the alien contact the mothership to the rescued. Im sure they was more of them here than what crashed in Roswell...


it just says they crashed...theres no word on why or how, in scenario is this were a true deal...maybe they had some kind of power outage and couldn't make contact...or maybe they were scouts on routine...ebe #1 was said to be a mechanic..and not neccessarily a computer tech to know how to contact other ships...from broken equipment. *shrugs* who knows.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by waffleprime]

========================================
I have read that if you were to have the technology to travel vast distances throughout space, either by warping space and time or having a grand scale gravity device aboard your ship, this would allow you to warp space and thus providing a smaller distance to travel. Now this same techology would also be
a hinderance on a planet since the sensitivity would cause your ship to be unstable in the planets magnetic or gravitational field. Makes sense... if you had a sensitive nose that could smell a mile away.. imagine how overwhelmed you would be to be right next to that object you are smelling!!!

======================================================

Originally posted by Hal9000

Originally posted by Centrist
I think Serpentime's drawn a very well-reasoned conclusion by his analysis. There seems to be something going on... but what and for what purpose?

That's what I would like to know. I don't think this story is true, but I also don't think Anon is the average hoaxer, so what is the purpose of story?



Hoaxsters rarely give up, no matter how ridiculous their claims and how often they are shown to be frauds.

I don't agree, I think most hoaxers disappear after their story is picked apart, like John Titor among others. I think Burisch and Co. are the exception. Just a thought.



How do you explain the fact that John Titor predicted many things throughout his visit to earth. He predicted the Bush going into Iraq under false pretences. He also predicted a civil war amongs the people of America - and we got that war... eventhough it was slight... he did state that there is a 2 percent difference or offset when traveling and that would make the difference of an all out war brewing and a tiny insignificat one that we had. The US Army was called in to quelch an uprising by the people of California after the latest election results. They all thought it was fixed and started a riot. It would seem that little or any press was put out on that incident.

Other prediction that John Titor made also came true.... I don't have my list handy with me right now, but I challenge anyone to go online and read up on them... then come back here and try and inform us of how they were accurate or not!

Are you saying that John Titor was a psychic and not a time travelor? Or was he a time travelor with the knowledge of the past?



posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
@ Zap Tepi

The way I understood communication problems later is that at first they used communication devices to communicate and translate, and later they tried to communicate without device.

Also level of communication might be different. For example, some basic communication might be even done with sign/body languages, while detailed question team might have required precise knowledge of language, especially technological terminology.

Existence of translation device however raises some other questions:

• If last time they visited us was ~2000 years ago, how come they have device for English translation? (Unless they visited England at that time. I don’t know much about history of English language, but for sure it was not that widely used language at the time.
• Why 2 language experts did not work on device to improve it?
• How did device work? (write in English, or speak?)

English is my second language, so I can tell that it is not easy to learn and use another language.



posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by pkrskaHow do you explain the fact that John Titor predicted many things throughout his visit to earth. He predicted the Bush going into Iraq under false pretences. He also predicted a civil war amongs the people of America - and we got that war... eventhough it was slight... he did state that there is a 2 percent difference or offset when traveling and that would make the difference of an all out war brewing and a tiny insignificat one that we had. The US Army was called in to quelch an uprising by the people of California after the latest election results. They all thought it was fixed and started a riot. It would seem that little or any press was put out on that incident.

Other prediction that John Titor made also came true.... I don't have my list handy with me right now, but I challenge anyone to go online and read up on them... then come back here and try and inform us of how they were accurate or not!

Are you saying that John Titor was a psychic and not a time travelor? Or was he a time travelor with the knowledge of the past?


John Titor never mentioned Bush or Iraq or false pretenses for a war. There was no second civil war in America period. A riot is not a civil war by a long shot. The people of California did not attempt an uprising. Where are you getting this stuff??



posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   


Are you saying that John Titor was a psychic and not a time travelor? Or was he a time travelor with the knowledge of the past?


I think he was pretty clear in that he said Titor was a hoax. While I am not personally expressing an opinion, those who wish to can continue to do so should refer to the many threads on Titor (general ATS link provided)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I will suggest, though, that if Anon asks us to believe him based on predictions he makes with regard to the future (not that he has or is expected to, but in making a comparison to Titor/Meiers/Burisch and other random hoaxsters), I will regard him as a hoax. Not a fake, but a hoax. Anon has stated that 1) he has access to the debriefing manual from a Project called Serpo; 2) he has stated that he has access to and will provide photographs of various aspects of this project; and 3) he's stated that we are in possession of an energy device created by the Eben civilization. These are hard statements that require actual proof. Proving he's telling the truth by indirect, circumstantial evidence that bolsters his credibility will not suffice.

I predict that in the summer of 2006, blazing rockets will light the night skies of many american cities nearly simultaneously! (um.. on the 4th of July).

I predict that in early 2006, there will be a conflagration of helmed warriors in the great house of silver! (Superbowl 40 in the silverdome in detroit).

I predict that the fall of 2008 will see massive political upheaval and strife among those in power! The people of the United States shall rise up and take decisive action! (all the political fighting that goes on with a presidential election will be ended by the general election when the americans go to the polls).

The Moral of the story:

Predictions are easy.

Facts are hard.

(and just to cut-off any Titor/Meier discussion right now -- there's no civil war in the U.S. and Paris hasn't burnt to the ground yet... lets leave it at that or take up further discussion in the appropriate thread).



posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I was istill living in California there was no revolt or uprising or riots over the elections and there was no Army or call of martial law in California.

In regards to olicing actions it is the states jurisdiction to provide law enforcement. The military CAN NOT and will NOT be used as a police force unless the condition of martial law is given by the President or an act of Congress. There are several state and federal statues that specifically say under what conditions can the military used for domestic policing actions.

If you say that the military was brought in to New Orleans, they were not there as a police force but rather a rescure force. The New Orleans police department still was charged in keeping order and making arrests. Even while the National Guard was there with guns, people were allowed to loot right in front of them with no reprocussions.

The Guard was there to provide assistance to rescue personal in the event that they would be attack by thugs only under direct threat could the National Guard respond with the use of force. Far different then being used as a police force to quell a riot (which did not even happen).

It is possible that after the incident happened at Kent State in the 60's that the National Guard/ Military may not be used as a police force unless a direct request by the govenor due to state of emergancy or disaster which produces a shortage of first resonders. Even then the military is to be used as a support function, controling traffic, ensuring safety at stores etc while the police still maintain the legal authority to enforce civil and municipal laws and ordinances.



posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
ive read this from day one.... these are my conclusions :-

1. if this guy had this information, he could easily sell it to say russia, or any country he could sell it too - think of the tech advancement , any country would pay for these tech hykes... (that is if they where that far advanced) - think of the money he would make! - name the price i guess...
.

2. he/she is drawing this out soo painfully sloooooow it is rediculous , wheres the hard evidence? - its kinda like a tv serial show... tune in next week...ZZZzzzzzz.


3. the pictures? i dont think your see any pictures - just more words.....

sorry im a sceptic after all...

thanks for reading.



posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
It sure reads like a script. Perhaps for CE3 - Return to Serpo



posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Regarding Zep Tepi's post and the issue of language and communications...

I'm a pilot. My wife is not. If I landed anywhere covered by my charts she could show you where we came from. It would seem only reasonable that any member of an extraterrestrial crew could locate their planet given a star map.

To me, there is alot of assumption and interpretation here. Exactly what does 'full explantion' mean? There are some unknown boxes lying around recovered from the crash and EBE#1 is able to communicate that box #1 is a power device, box #2 navigation, box #3 communication and so on. Is identifying each box a 'full explanation' or does he need to provide schematics as well? Does it mean EBE #1 has to make them function? I don't believe we can assume we know the true meaning behind 'full explantion' in this context.

Communication during the 1964 extraterrestrial landing was centered around some sort of communication device. We know nothing of this device, how many are available to the Ebens or how comprehensive the communications were. We can all buy travel devices that can translate and output a finite number of key phrases but you could never effectively communicate day-to-day with one.

EBE #1's early contact with his home planet was done "With Ebe#1's assistance and language input... So clearly it's no big deal (or inconsistency IMHO) that he could make detailed communications with his planet. He was the one communicating, not the scientist.

Learning 30% of a language will not facilitate day-to-day communications. Numbers and complex sentences are essentiual to be able to make meaningful communication. If you were to learn 30% of Chinese and we dropped you in China... well, good luck.

And why English? Who knows. We have no knowledge of how this translation device works. Telepathic brain scrape to assemble the language? Interception of radio and TV transmissions? Who can know? But there is nothing to suggest that they came here 2000 years ago and developed the translation device based upon data collected on that trip.

Clearly, this whole story could, indeed, be just another hoax, just another incredible story. From what I've read, however, the points mentioned by Zep Tepi and others regarding apparent communication/language discrepencies, although excellent observations, do not in and of themselves provide the basis for discounting the information without making assumptions as to the meaning of some key facts and interpreting what has been provided.



posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Zep-Tepi,

I understand what you're saying, but a 'full explanation' of tools and equipment found at a crash site requires a different degree of linguistic skill than, say, explaining the inner workings of your society and history.

Mechanical things are, by definition, products of 'hard' science that, because they are based on physical principles, can always be understood (eventually) through detailed observation. They exist in what could be called an objective reality. Cultural concepts (religion, theories of government, philosophy, etc), however, are derived from subjective, psychological experience and so cannot be understood entirely through observation. So... it makes sense that there would be no problem with translating language that deals, specifically, with technical things... while it might be hard, let's say, to describe the finer points of how the Ebens feel about their 'soccer' game.

I see what you're saying about how Anon said that there was a clear understanding at the meeting (because of the translation machine)... but that meeting could also have just consisted of simple commands/statements ("Our ship will land here" etc).



posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Here is the link: en.wikipedia.org...

@ Centrist - It is really great to read all of your posts. Great work on Dan's disclosure.



@ Im a true sceptic - just have to wait. It's not that hard. In the mean time we can have a life, watch 'Battlerstar Galactica' (tonight is first episode of new season
) and so on. Question I have for you: will you believe even if you are in possession of 3000 page document?

If disclosure is really happening, then for sure they have problem with NSA or are waiting for a good time to send more information...



@ Freenrgy2 - even if this is the script for some movie or book, wouldn't be great to be part of it? Imagine that you can tell your grand children that you helped in making of scripts for classic 'Return to Serpo'.



@ jtma508 - I agree. All of those small inconsistency might be product of the way the whole project is disclosed. If this is hoax, it is still interesting story.



[edit on 1/6/06 by vietifulJoe]



posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zep Tepi
The biggest problem I have with this story is with the communication inconstistencies. I know this has been mentioned earlier in the thread but I feel it is important regarding the authenticity of the whole story.

For example, from posting 1 by anonymous:


The live entity established communications with us and provided us with a location of his home planet.

That's not bad going for a mechanic (mentioned in post #8) and proves the Eben's ability to communicate with us.

Following on directly from the above quote:


The entity remained alive until 1952, when he died. But before his death, he provided us with a full explanation of the items found inside the two crafts. (Emphasis mine).

Note it says "full explanation". So, - to my eyes at least - that clearly proves that communication was established and didn't seem to present an insurmountable problem.

Continuing with post 1:


Somehow, I never knew this information, but a meeting date was set for April 1964 near Alamogordo New Mexico. The Aliens landed and retrieved the bodies of their dead comrades. Information was exchanged. Communication was in English. The aliens had a translation device. (Emphasis mine)

Again, absolutely no communication problems there. However, jump to post number 4 at the serpo.org website and fast forward to the stay on the Eben planet and all of a sudden we're having problems understanding each other!


This was a gigantic problem, to say the least. It took our linguist specialists several years to adequately establish a form of communication with the Ebens. A group of Ebens learned to understand English and a few other Earth languages.

I thought communication had already been established, as shown earlier in the story? Now, not only are there problems understanding each other but this problem has been exacerbated by burdening the Ebens with unnecessary additional languages! It doesn't make sense. It does however make the narrative far more interesting for our intrepid heroes on Serpo.


This group contained the "Travelers," as our team called them. Our Team Members connected themselves with the Travelers. Although the Team couldn't always understand their responses, the Eben travelers understood our Team, most of the time. During this time period, the only exchange of information was simple.

And:


The Ebens, not being able to completely explain something to our team, used a form of sign language by pointing to the object or item they wished to explain and made hand movements. Our team, two members, eventually grasped that method of communication. However, our Team didn't receive much information from the Ebens during this time period.

Now it's getting silly! As mentioned earlier in this thread we've gone from successfully communicating with an alien race, swapping a wealth of information regarding every aspect of space travel and all that that entails, to hand signals?!? Ludicrous in the extreme!

From post number 8:


BACKGROUND : Ebe #1 provided a communication device that allowed us to contact Serpo. This communication device was onboard the Eben craft that crashed in July 1947 near Corona, New Mexico. Ebe #1 showed us the proper use of this communication device prior to his death.


And:



However, the device did not function properly and no contact could be made with Serpo. Just prior to Ebe #1's death, an American scientist from Los Alamos figured out the device worked and connected an energy source found in the Eben craft to the communication device. With Ebe#1's assistance and language input, several signals were sent during the summer of 1952.


The above two quotes again show us there didn't appear to be a communication/language problem going on.

If further clarification is needed it is helpfully provided here, again from post #8:


Ebe #1 translated the messages and provided us with that information. Ebe #1 sent six messages.
— The first message was just letting his planet know he was alive;
— The second message explained the crash in 1947 and the death of his crew;
— The third message asked for a rescue craft for him;
— The fourth message suggested a formal meeting with leaders of Earth;
— The fifth message suggested an exchange program
SNIP
— The sixth message provided landing coordinates for any future rescue or visitation mission to Earth. The incoming messages gave a time and date (Eben date and time system), and confirmed a landing location.

That's a lot of specific information there. Very specific, in fact.

However, bearing in mind that anonymous posted about the communication problems on Serpo in post #4, we then have this right after the above:


(NOTE: Ebe #1 was a mechanic, not a scientist. He was still able to teach us some of the Eben language. According to the document which I read, we translated about 30% of the Eben language. Complex sentences and numbers could not be recognized.)

I fail to see how the quote in bold can be true in light of all previous information and specifically the six messages sent and translated in the quote preceding this one.

In my mind at least, this story is just that; a story. And not a properly thought-out or well-structured one at that.

I'm still looking forward to seeing the pictures though ;-)



Excellent post.

I know for a fact we will not see these pictures. There will be a sudden lack of communication, it all goes dead and that's it. We might have a story on how "powers at be" silenced Anonymous and his percentage cohorts or we might have Victor himself, stepping into the role in his investigative shoes and continue to feed the community with what they want to hear, claiming he has a new contact or the like.......

Deny lfabrications and stories first, then deny ignorance....

[edit on 6-1-2006 by timb3r]



new topics

top topics



 
29
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

log in

join