It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
how large are the Zetan stars compared to our Sun. More precisely If I am on Pluto in our solar system how big does our Sun appear ? Not very considering the planet is rather dark and cold. So therefore if the second star in the Zeta system is TWICE as far away as our Sun is to Pluto then even if the second star is TWICE as big as our sun the amount of light reaching the surface of Serpo would be equivilant to Pluto, IE very cold and presumably rather dim.

So therefore if the Zetan Stars are smaller then our sun you could imagine the effect of that stars light would be next to zero.

Serpo and her sister planets orbit Star A, out at a distance Star B is in its orbit. Stars A and B orbit around a larger "dark" mass an imploded dwarf, giant etc Star B may also have planets and comparable mass to Star A (wich includes Serpo) so that the two Solar masses keep the rotation.

Originally this system was a triple star system until the giant "exploded" vaporising some specific mass in its orbit, as the expanding gaseous cooled in the outer orbit the solar ZETA system on its outer rim the two remaining stars may have gathered more mass due to centripital force. As they began to build mass they sucked in other cosmic debris in the outer fringe of rotation. This later would become the planets of Star A and Star B. The two stars orbiting around the "dark star" whos mass is greater then either A and B.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I've read the postings and it all sounds quite interesting.
In my opinion to pursue this "anonymous" just adds to my paranoia, it gives more fuel to the skepticks, I think it would be more beneficial to pursue Dr.Greer and the "Disclosure Report." I know that the photage came out in May of 2001, and maybe this is a dead horse, but does anyone know what the emblem on the side of the crashed craft looks like? One man(the disclosure reports legal council) spoke about an emblem he saw on a picture and traced out on paper (his way of sneaking information out).
I'd like to fly a flag ( big one) with this emblem. You know, sorta like fishing, see what happens.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Oh, found this, as Roswell was mentioned!

I like old radio broadcasts, but have no opinion one way or the other yet.

www.konsulting.com...
roswellproof.com...
roswellproof.com...

It was, it isn't, we don't know -- now for the News! (July 8th, 1947)
??

Also had time to re-read the website again, and there are still questions and the story seems vague to me, so far!

I do however have to think about the 1947 News broadcast, and wonder if what they said in the beginning is really what they meant.

Of course I think at the time there were other reports of -- flying saucers, perhaps in the news! (the time period -- being still after WWII - and the Korean War starting just a little later.)

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bill Ryan
OK, Guys, I wonder if you could help me think straight about this one.

At www.serpo.org/information.html#5d, Anon says (verbatim)

Serpo moved around one sun only. The other sun was within the two orbits. As I said before, there are hundreds of pages of calculations in the debriefing explaining all of this.

I've never understood that, and I requested clarification (but received none). I'm not convinced anyone else does either, on Victor's list, which has a fair number of astrophysicists on board. What does The other sun was within the two orbits mean?

Your right, this doesn't make sense, as I said before, Anon needs to clarify this. After doing some reading, I still think there could only be the possibility of two habitable planets, one orbiting each star. Furthermore, travel between these stars, by definition would be interstellar space travel, which the Ebens did not have that capability until 2,000 years ago (we think). Meanwhile, I have compiled some factoids for anyone that is interested.

Zeta Reticuli factoids

Zeta Reticuli is a binary star system located in the Reticulum constellation, and is 39 light years away. Due to its southern location, it can only be viewed from the Southern Hemisphere.
en.wikipedia.org...

(notice the link at the bottom to the Serpo website
)

Both Stars are yellow dwarf, or main sequence stars, very similar in size to our own sun.

Binary stars are two stars that orbit each other.
en.wikipedia.org...

Zeta Reticuli are not double stars, which are two stars that are optically close or indistinguishable from our view point. They appear close, but are actually far apart and do not orbit each other like binary stars.
en.wikipedia.org...

Zeta1 and Zeta2 are 9,000 AU apart from each other, or about 837 billion miles.

63,000AU per light year / 9,000AU = 7, so the two stars are one seventh of a light year apart.

The stars revolve around each other once in approximately a million years.

The two stars have different chemical compositions, which might mean they were not formed at the same time.

In 1996, it was announced that Zeta2 had an orbiting planet, but was retracted because “the signal was shown to be caused by pulsations of the star”.

Zeta Reticuli was first mentioned to be the origin of the aliens that abducted Betty and Barney Hill in 1961.
en.wikipedia.org...

Bob Lazar also said that he was told that Zeta Reticuli was the origin of the flying saucers that he supposedly worked on (back engineered) when he worked at Area S-4, which is near Area 51.
en.wikipedia.org...

Stars are named using the Bayer designation starting with a Greek letter, and then the constellation name.
en.wikipedia.org...

The Reticulum constellation was named “to commemorate the reticle, which was a scientific instrument used to measure star positions”.
en.wikipedia.org...

An astronomical unit (AU) is the distance of the Earth from the sun, or approximately 93 million miles.
en.wikipedia.org...

A light year is approximately 63,000 AU, or approximately 6 trillion miles.
en.wikipedia.org...

Main sequence stars are the most abundant stars in the universe.
en.wikipedia.org...

Enjoy.

[edit on 12/30/2005 by Hal9000]

[edit on 12/30/2005 by Hal9000]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
yes, then Zeta 2 is no- way shape or form capable of being brilliant in the day time sky. Meaning it would only appear as a another star in the night sky on Serpo.

So on Serpo you would get the effect of only one sun and therefore must have distinct light and dark areas on the planet regardless of the what the planetary tilt was.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Zeta1 and Zeta 2 therefore are 2 solar systems orbiting a common central mass. It would be like saying another Sun sized star in the next solar system in our milky way being bright enough to illuminate planet earth.

Umm, sounds like Anon and the EBEN's need to rethink what it looks like on the ground there at Serpo.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Of course I think at the time there were other reports of -- flying saucers, perhaps in the news! (the time period -- being still after WWII - and the Korean War starting just a little later.)

The Roswell incident was only weeks after the infamous sighting of Kenneth Arnold, in which the term "flying saucer" was coined. So yes, "flying saucers" were pretty much in the public mindset at the time, and 1947 saw a HUGE UFO flap...

One thing to remember in news accounts, is that initially, an OFFICIAL press release from the Roswell base stated that they had indeed recovered a crashed disc. In my Roswell threads, you can read some of the official AP wires, etc. that went out to the press outlets. Only later did the weather balloon story get carted out to bury the story.....

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
the thing that gets me Gaz is that you and me both know the term Flying saucer is completely wrong to begin with.

in regards to the actual physical description of what "it" was.

Very fluid like, almost crescent shaped, with an organic biological feel to it. similar to a manta ray.

Oh well.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I think that it's important to remember that all the terms the 'serpo' people would have used would have been the terms used in 1964.

So, yes, most Ufologists know that Arnold sighted a crescent shaped craft and that a crescent shaped craft was photographed in the NM area around that time... but, even if the USAAF did capture a crashed one they might have used the popular term 'saucer' because it was the word everyone was using to describe such vehicles. We have to get away from the concept that this team -- or anon -- would use the words/descriptions we use (as I've said before). I mean... just think of how often veterans, when describing battles, use common phrases to describe vehicles/weapons instead of official terms. So, like I said before, a discrepency in terms is not necessarily proof of a fake (and, after all, most of what Anon is saying has been filtered through several people... often in Eben to Team to Document to Anon sequences).

As for Zeta Reticuli... keep in mind that we never were given a description of what the team considered 'dark' to be. We never received a numerical number for the light reading. And... as for ZR1 and 2... the team in 1964 would not have had our current knowledge about the system (which may be wrong, anyways). So... the light night they were talking about may have been as dim as a night with a full moon on earth... not the sun-swept, bright desert night that we have been imagining...
or, again, the numbers we are using to calculate the ZR stuff might be wrong. Astronomers do make mistakes... as they even have for ZR1 and 2.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
From Anon’s second post

The planet was tilted which allowed the northern part of the planet to be cooler. The planet was a little less than Earth's size. The atmosphere was similar to Earths and contained the elements of CHON [Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen]. Zeta Recticular is approximately 37 light years from us. It took our team, in an Eben craft, nine months to travel the distance.

I am not sure about how the tilt would affect only the northern part of the plane, unless the tilt was always away from the sun? Our planet also has a tilt of 24 degrees, but the rotational axis also wobbles once a year, which gives us seasons.

From Anon’s third post
(not a direct quote because it was in a table format and I had to edit)

Statistics on the Eben planet was collected by our team. Here is the pertinent data for your UFO thread list:

Diameter: 7,218 miles
Mass: 5.06 x 1024
Distance from Sun #1: 96.5 million miles
Sun #2: 91.4 million miles
Moons: 2
Surface gravity: 9.60m/s2
Rotation Periods: 43 hours
Orbit: 865 days
Tilt: 43 degrees
Temperature: Min: 43° / Max: 126°
Distance from Earth: 38.43 light years
Planet named by Team: SERPO
Nearest planet to SERPO: Named: OTTO
Distance: 88 million miles (colonized by Ebens with research base, but no natural inhabitants on planet)
Number of planets in Eben Solar System: Six
Nearest inhabited planet to SERPO: Named: SILUS (SILUS is made up of creatures of various types, but no intelligent life forms. Ebens use the planet to mine minerals.)
Distance: 434 million miles

Here is a big problem. According to Anon the distance to the first sun is 96.5 million miles, and the second sun is 91.4 million miles. That would put the planet in between the two sun’s? And if Serpo is exactly between the two suns, then the two suns are at the most only 187.9 million miles away from each other. This is a far cry from the observed distance of 9,000 AU, or about 837 billion miles.

Originally posted by robertfenix
Umm, sounds like Anon and the EBEN's need to rethink what it looks like on the ground there at Serpo.

I can hear Ricky Ricardo now. Lucy, you have some esplainin to do.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Perhaps all of the astronomical data is bogus? Or perhaps it's being provided by a slightly confused older man? Either way... it's important to remember that, if this is just 'project rehearsal', that there will be real elements mixed in with the fake ones. I think we have to try to find the real, buried elements in the story....

The diamonds in the coal mine, as it were.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

Perhaps all of the astronomical data is bogus? Or perhaps it's being provided by a slightly confused older man? Either way... it's important to remember that, if this is just 'project rehearsal', that there will be real elements mixed in with the fake ones. I think we have to try to find the real, buried elements in the story....

The diamonds in the coal mine, as it were.

How can you find any truth when it is mixed up in lies? If the purpose of disseminating the information is to inform us, without proof all we have to go on is what we know. Now if he produces some real proof, then I would be willing to accept some minor flaws in the story. Till then I will continue to follow the story, but I don't think there is much truth to it.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
If you had two suns of our Suns magnitude at 96 million and 91 million miles respectively. I doubt you would have much in between in the way of habitable planets. You would have something on the magnitude of Venus as a surface temperature.

think of it like this. in your left hand is star A and your right hand star B and you have a string between both hands, at 96 (whatever increment) you have a small bead and then another 91 increments is your right hand.

Now IF the bead orbits one of the stars the distance from the bead to the other star is going to be larger at times as the bead rotates around and away from the other hand.

Both stars cannot be in one hand with a margin of 5 million miles seperating them and the bead orbiting around both in one hand. The two stars would have consumed each other.

So lets assume the first theory is true a star in each hand with the "planet" orbiting around one of them. This means that during the time the planet is between both hands it is getting Twice the energy that we would experience here on earth for lets say 90 days. So for days out of the year the planet surface is on average twice as hot as earth, 160 to 200 degrees farenheit. for an additional 40 days it is 1.75 times as hot so 140 to 180 maybe.another 50 days it could 1.25 times as hot maybe 100 to 140 degrees.

To me you would have a dead planet for all practicle purposes

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

If you had two suns of our Suns magnitude at 96 million and 91 million miles respectively. I doubt you would have much in between in the way of habitable planets. You would have something on the magnitude of Venus as a surface temperature.

That whole "fact sheet" on the suns killed this for me. Plus they had a planet Otto that was 88 million miles away, with an EBEN colonized research station on it (must be pretty toasty) and Silus which was 430 million miles away and inhabited (Jupiter's orbit depending on which sun it orbits).

Does anyone know of any other measured binary star system that is close to the 187 million mile distance (91+96) that ANON claims? Alpha Centauri A and B are 2.2 Billion miles apart.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I agree, not to mention the gravity of these two stars would pull each other together. I am no astronomer, but the distances given by Anon, the stars are way too close together, and would disrupt any orbiting planets.

So I would conclude these numbers are bogus, and not even worth using. The only way there could be habitable planets is if the stars are much further away and the planets are orbiting only one star.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Most of the information we have about Zeta-1 and Zeta-2 Reticuli comes from "Zeta-1 and Zeta-2 RETICULI - A puzzling solar-type twin system " by L. Da Silva, and R. Foy. 1987A&A...177..204D

Link

The two Stars are 350 Billion Miles apart.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I may have missed it somewhere, but does anyone have any information about Victor Martinez? How did he get the information in the first place? All the information is disseminated through him?

Seems like it first came to light through an email, but what kind of list is he on?

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher777
Seems like it first came to light through an email, but what kind of list is he on?

It's supposed to be a big, private email list with a gaggle of well-known "who's who" of ufology researchers, scientists, physicists, astronomers, etc. How it started, I have no idea..but that's what it's been described as so far.

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
it's important to remember that, if this is just 'project rehearsal', that there will be real elements mixed in with the fake ones. I think we have to try to find the real, buried elements in the story....

Originally posted by Hal9000
How can you find any truth when it is mixed up in lies? If the purpose of disseminating the information is to inform us, without proof all we have to go on is what we know.

I can sort of see both sides to this argument. Let's spread a little real information mixed in with some extraordinary data and see how far these people are willing to *try* and believe it...or discredit it. This could be a setup of sorts where they try to see how much paranormal we're willing to swallow so that when they *do* come forth with the "truth," per se, they know which parts to hold back that would possibly frighten us or cause hysteria within the masses? Hmm...let's see. "Aliens are real....ok....but let's not tell them that Jesus (or whoever) was really planted here by them."

On the other hand, mixing lies with truths only tends to confuse and frustrate people to the point of giving up on the whole thing and just labeling it a hoax...no matter how much "truth" is buried in it. For example, a UFO hovers over your house - you believe it. It lands in your yard - you believe it. Three little ebens jump out and do the macarena - you (sorta) believe it. Ah, but Richard Doty (or Dan Burisch) poke their head out of the top of the craft and smile...Bah! It's a hoax.

(throws up hands and goes back to watching sitcoms)

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher777
I may have missed it somewhere, but does anyone have any information about Victor Martinez? How did he get the information in the first place? All the information is disseminated through him?

This has already been explained some 5 or 6 pages back in this thread by Bill Ryan.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman
Most of the information we have about Zeta-1 and Zeta-2 Reticuli comes from "Zeta-1 and Zeta-2 RETICULI - A puzzling solar-type twin system " by L. Da Silva, and R. Foy. 1987A&A...177..204D

Link

The two Stars are 350 Billion Miles apart.

That is an excellent document.

Now I see what Bill Ryan was saying that Anon may be describing a close binary star.

The article is highly technical and over my head, but I did see something interesting on page 210, Section 4.2. Apparently they are trying to determine why the gravity between the two stars is higher than normal. So one hypothesis was that Z1 and Z2 were both close binary stars. Meaning each star might have a companion star, which can't be seen. But the article states there are arguments against it, and again most of it is over my head. One reason I think is because close binary stars appear to be variable, meaning change in brightness, which I don’t think they do. I am still reading it, and haven't seen were they give the distance of 350 billion miles. lost_shaman can you tell me what page it was on?

For anyone else interested, you can go to the link that lost_shaman provided, in the print options section, select Print Page(s), and enter the page numbers 204 to 216, then press SEND PDF. The pdf file will open, but you may need Adobe Reader to be able to view the article.

The Zeta Reticuli link provided on the Serpo site also mentions the theory of Z1 and Z2 being close binaries, but that it has been concluded to be false.

www.ufoconspiracy.com...

So I guess it is possible for binary stars to be very close, but I still don’t think it would be capable of supporting a habitable planet. In the reading I’ve done, most close binaries are shown as one large star and a smaller companion star. Astronomers study these because they can use the rotation of the two stars to determine their mass. For me this is very interesting stuff and I’m learning a lot, even if this all turns out to be a hoax.

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join