It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Centrist
Hey! I like how my analysis from this thread (as well as a direct link to this thread) showed up there! We should ask Skeptic Overlord to change the slogan to "Famously pure, unadulterated speculation".

Haha...true!

That's my boy! As I mentioned before, you put a hell of a spark to this story (and the Burisch Identity) with your incredible research and have inspired me to research alot further than I normally would on these topics.

Thanks for that...and keep up the enthusiastic work!

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
What's the difference in distances between interplanetary and intergalactic travel?
What technology differences would be required for each?

They could have moved between systems in the same galaxy using their advanced technology. Once the war was over, perhaps they decided to see what else was "out there" and started the intergalactic travel phase. Perhaps they developed new technology between the interplanetary and intergalactic periods to make the latter a possibility.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Mr Ryan,

I know you've been on Pippen and Coast to Coast already....do you have plans to appear on any more shows for interviews? I'm just curious how many people in broadcasting are taking notice and how far you'd be willing to go. (ie Good Morning America, CNN, BBC, etc)

Keep up the great work!

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I was thinking the same thing that they only have had interstellar capability for 2,000 years, but here is the problem with it.

I think it is probably a typo and they have either had interstellar capability longer than that, or they moved to another planet more recently. Maybe Anon will make the correction the same as he did on the weight limit of supplies.

That is of course, if this story is true.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
above section quoted from Hal9000
(I'm not yet savy with the quote system)

Hello again and thanks for the welcoming-

To clarify, in my hypothetical analysis I was suggesting that they had deep space travel capabilities and may have scouted this planet 10,000 years ago when they met the Dogon tribe. But circumstances ended up with them colonizing a planet in the ZR system which is far from the Sirian system. It wasn't until after the great war that they pulled in the reigns and refrained from deep space travel and concentrated on a more localized area within which to explore. After about a thousand years they proceeded from Serpo with deper exploratory missions thereby qualifying themselves once again as intergalactic travelers. (Incidendally, "intergalactic" would literally mean that they have the capability to travel from one galaxy to another, at most in this instance, we're only talking about travel between distant solar systems).

The reason I came up with this little scenario was to illustrate how the timing of events with respect to their capabilities was plausible. When Serpo was first colonized it would have been an independent state so to speak. So what we could be dealing with is a misunderstanding between two histories - the native planet and the colonized outposts.

Another thing that intrigues me about this story is that typically when something is made up and writer is on to something good they would be inclined to expand on a good idea. Yet in this story there are times when the various contingencies and options are laid out - very interesting unto themselves, yet only one scenario is expanded on since the others didn't pan out. I realize this is difficult to convey if I don't quote anything, and right now I can't because nothing comes to mind. This was a thought I had while reading through the posts by Anon.

Yes i agree that until some empirical proof is brought to the table this story will be relagated to hoax status but time will tell. We are not even in the new year yet and we've been told this may take many months into the new year. If this thread here becomes stale it only because of our impatience and really has no bearing on the timing of Anon's posts. A little ironic - we have our own time frame based on our impetuousness and Anon has his/her own time frame based on the logistics of procuring information for release.

Hey, this is the best story unfolding right now in Ufology and it deserves a nice long look. Kudos to the resident lawyer for his astute and diligent process of sluething this fantastic voyage.

best,
Robert
aka John Carter
(in my dreams:@@

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydden
Mr Ryan,

I know you've been on Pippen and Coast to Coast already....do you have plans to appear on any more shows for interviews? I'm just curious how many people in broadcasting are taking notice and how far you'd be willing to go. (ie Good Morning America, CNN, BBC, etc)

Keep up the great work!

At the end of Bill Ryan's interview on Pippin, he mentions that he's speaking at the UFO conference in Laughlin, NV at the end of February. I'm half tempted to take a little vacation out there. I'd like to meet Bill. Also, Michael Horn will be there... ooh.. how could I resist that?

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman

Originally posted by Serpentime

I have posted a new thread on the main UFO board to mirror your questions to Victor's List. (Poll: VOTE on "Project Serpo")

For the sake of ease and simplicity, I have expressed the answers to the accuracy and hypothesis questions in multiple choice format.

Please feel free to visit, cast your vote, and watch the results.

If enough people participate, we might get some interesting empirical data.

I took the trouble of creating two on-line polls for your thread.

Here they are.

Poll Question One:

Poll Question Two:

Thanks, Lost_Shaman.

Anyone else, please feel free... (Or visit the main thread)

Serpentime

[edit on 28-12-2005 by Serpentime]

[edit on 28-12-2005 by Serpentime]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
What's the difference in distances between interplanetary and intergalactic travel?
What technology differences would be required for each?

They could have moved between systems in the same galaxy using their advanced technology. Once the war was over, perhaps they decided to see what else was "out there" and started the intergalactic travel phase. Perhaps they developed new technology between the interplanetary and intergalactic periods to make the latter a possibility.

Interplanetary travel is between planets of the same solar system, and like our capabilities could be done with conventional rockets. Interstellar travel would be between solar systems within the same galaxy, and require FTL (faster than light) travel, unless you expect to take a lifetime to get there. Anon said the trip to Serpo took 9 months to travel 37 light years, so they must be traveling faster than light. Intergalactic travel would be the same, but between galaxies, and the distances are even further. The nearest galaxy is Andromeda and is 2 million light years away. So there are huge incremental differences between the three.

What is confusing is Anon said the Ebens moved to a different planet 5,000 years ago, and fought an "interplanetary war" 3,000 years ago, yet have been "space travelers" for only 2,000 years, which is were the discrepancy occurs because he doesn't specify what type of space travel. If we assume he meant interstellar space travel, then up till then they must have only been interplanetary travelers. So that means the planets they moved from and moved to, are in the same system, and the war they fought was with another neighbor in the same system. So that means there are three habitable planets in the Serpo system, which I find hard to believe, seeing as our system only has one, which is planet Earth. It would be the same as we humans moving to the planet Mars, and fighting a war with the the people on Venus. This is not possible, because Mars and Venus are not habitable, at least to my liking.

So I think the 2,000 years of space travel is a typo, but something Anon needs to clear up. I will send an e-mail to the Serpo site asking for clarification.

Hope that helps.

edit: for clarification, I hope.

[edit on 12/28/2005 by Hal9000]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I am going to cover a bit of everything here in one post, then I have real work to do, tying in probably nothing except that first humans have to think.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posting 5:

[Bill Ryan's questions]

4) Regarding Time: The Team Members brought several time pieces, e.g., wrist watches, non-battery style, as it stated in the debriefing data. The time pieces worked, but they had no reference to time since the Eben days were longer, the dusk and dawn periods were longer and they had no calenders to reference.
They did use the time pieces to calculate movement, for example, timing the movement of the Eben two suns. They also calculated the time between work and rest periods. But, after awhile, the team discarded their time pieces and used the Eben's measurement of time periods. The team became confused with the calenders they brought – a 10-year calender.

Posting 7b:

After reading Dr. Sagan's remarks on the Serpo project, which is about 60 jam-packed pages of calculations, I found one paragraph which states that in order to use Kepler's law – in the case of Planet Serpo – one had to vary the exact gravitational pull placed on Serpo by the two suns. Serpo did not have large planets, like Jupiter and Saturn to affect the gravitational pull as the Earth does. Serpo's gravitational pull was different than anything Dr. Sagan had ever seen before.

There are numerous figures and calculations to support this. I will forward them at a later date. Have your list stay tuned.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Carter

I was thinking the same thing that they only have had interstellar capability for 2,000 years, but here is the problem with it.

I think it is probably a typo and they have either had interstellar capability longer than that, or they moved to another planet more recently. Maybe Anon will make the correction the same as he did on the weight limit of supplies.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
above section quoted from Hal9000
(I'm not yet savy with the quote system)

Hello again and thanks for the welcoming-

To clarify, in my hypothetical analysis I was suggesting that they had deep space travel capabilities and may have scouted this planet 10,000 years ago when they met the Dogon tribe.

I would say this is possible, but I think Anon would have mentioned it, even in the brief history that was given. There are some parallels, but I find parallels with other stories to, as well as contradictions. It is an interesting idea though. I still think, if the Eben story is true, that Anon made a mistake in the timeline, and I sent an e-mail to Bill Ryan at Serpo asking to pass this question along to Anon, and hopefully he will respond with a reasonable correction.

I can see what happened with your quoting. You have to end a quote with a backslash (/quote) only use [] instead of (). Heres an example.

(quote)
(/quote)

will look like this with brackets.

You can use this also for (b)bold(/b) and (i)italic(/i), and will look like this, bold and italic.

Hope that helps.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Good deal Hal, I was about to send him a message requesting clarification myself. We'll have to wait and see what he says to your inquiry.

Given that we have to wait so long for updates i wish he didn't need clarification so much, so he could get on with things. I suspect we'll hear a lot in January - we can only hope.

back to the TV
)

Robert

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I am hoping someone takes the time to research Carl Sagan, and what he wrote. Stanton Freedman did a great job at researching some of the alleged members of MJ-12, and was able to tie one scientist to secret government work. I hope that someone can do the legwork to see what they can turn up on Sagan.
I would not be suprised if he even left some writings,or research that we may run across some day. My dad always said that Sagan was a pompous jerk. Well,pompous people like to toot their own horn....even from the grave

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Looks like the comments section were updated today (29th).

serpo.org...

The entire comment is just a huge book plug and even included a link to amazon to purchase.

Nothing screams credibility like shameless plugs.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by futureafter

serpo.org...

The entire comment is just a huge book plug and even included a link to amazon to purchase.

I saw a reference to a book on amazon, but not an advertisement for a book like you stated.

Bill Ryan, tell anonymous to step up the pace a little, post one picture.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I must admit, I would like to see some pictures too. I simply want the lid blown off of this whole cosmic watergate. I would like to see some more information on Serpo.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by futureafter

serpo.org...

I think that they were simply drawing a consistency between the book (which was probably being plugged by its author) and the Anon information. I've gotten to know Bill Ryan and he doesn't have any connections to any of the book people. He's in this out of interest for the subject, just like us.

As for pictures, I think he's as anxious to see them as we are. But Bill's not in contact with Anonymous, as far as I know -- it's Victor Martinez that receives Anon's messages. I've exchanged email with Victor recently and it doesn't appear as though he knows when to expect the next communication from Anon either... and Victor is as anxious as anyone to see where this is going and what will come next.

Although I strongly encourage everyone to find the conspiracies within the conspiracies (and do so myself), I haven't been able to find one along this path. I had my suspicions about the books, too, but a lot of the people on Victors lists (and elsewhere in the UFO community) are researchers that rely on their own publications for income. They're going to shill their books whenever they can. I just won't attribute this to Bill Ryan or Victor, until some credible suggestion to do so is found.

Originally posted by porky1981
Bill Ryan, tell anonymous to step up the pace a little, post one picture.

When he's got them, we'll all see them

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Unplugged,

Where did you get that painting of 'Jesus' from? I don't see it on the newslink (though I do see how that coin bears a slight resemblance to the painting... if one dismisses stylistic and production aspects of the coin). That painting seems familiar... and I doubt someone could have created it within a day of the coin's discovery being made public.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
Unplugged,
Where did you get that painting of 'Jesus' from?.

The discovery channel

dsc.discovery.com...

I dont really think there is any connection here, a first glance at "jesus" I thought it looked similar to a painting of an 'eben' I had seen on ATS before.

I have heard that the real Jesus was called something like Jeshua Binyosef (aproximately) and that he was short, ugly, had tan skin, and had an under-developed ear.
So the image on the coin has probably been deformed over time, making "Jesus" look messed up. Hopefully this wont turn into an offtopic Jesus thread.

[edit on 29-12-2005 by Unplugged]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
"space travelers for 2000 years".

Perhaps there has been a misunderstanding from "serpian" to Earth language and understanding.

Consider that in the 1400's, the Chinese emperor ordered a major program of intercontinental ship travel, and with very lage, powerful and sophisticated ships for the time. Then, suddently with the next regime, it all stopped. They didn't lose the technology, they lost the desire to spend the money.

The Serpian EBEs apparently have "travelers" to other stars, such as the Earth.

The 2,000 year remark may not have been a function of technology specifically, but regarding an organized program of interplanetary/interstellar exploration. You have to consider all possibilities especially with immense language and culture gaps.

Other possibliites include that prior to the 2000 years ago, they had enough tech to get from Zeta 1 to Zeta 2 systems (a long distance but not like to Earth), but not that much further.

The expense & tech necessary to go further could have been very expensive and difficult.

Or perhaps, the 2000 year remark refers to the length of time Serpian EBEs have been visiting Earth specifically---they could easily have not understood the question precisely, and use the answer.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I am posting the quote from anonymous again, so people know what we are talking about. This is from his fourth post on the Serpo.org website.

by Anonymous
The Eben civilization was estimated to be about 10,000 years old. They evolved from another planet, not on Serpo. The original home planet of the Ebens was threatened with extreme volcanic activity. The Ebens had to relocate to Serpo in order to protect their civilization. This occurred some 5,000 years ago.

The Ebens had a great interplanetary battle with another race about 3,000 years ago. The Ebens lost many thousands in their battle. The Ebens completely eliminated all of their enemies. The Ebens have never fought another war since. The Ebens have been space travelers for the past 2,000 years. The Ebens first visited Earth about 2,000 years ago.

Another reason why I think he made a mistake with the “space travelers for the past 2,000 years” is he also immediately said the same number of years as visiting Earth. I think he accidentally repeated the same number twice. Obviously they would have had to been “space travelers” for more than 2,000 years.

If I get a reply to the e-mail I sent, I will post it.

*waiting patiently*

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The book link in the recent addition to the "Comments" section is there for reference. The book has been mentioned many times in other threads and articles and does not need a plug at Serpo.org - it is there for informational purposes. You may not see it that way and that's fine, but I for one have not read this book yet and if it contains pertainent information I would like to be advised. Personally I find it a drag to read something without such links - they are very helpful, especially when accompanied by a quote that references the statement that goes along with it.

After reading this comment I didn't feel at all that this was something that should diminish credibility. Furthermore, there was no advertisment unless you think a link - granted to Amazon.com - is a blatant advertisement - I don't, though it is subjective.

A topic such as this should link to any material that either supports or clarifys that which is being stated. Lets not let our frustration become a determining factor towards the veracity of this possibly major story.

BTW - I haven't acknowledged how great it is to have Bill Ryan here in this thread. Thanks Bill, I for one will continue to wait patiently to see what this is all about. If there is a way to expedite things, then yes, please do, but I really don't think that's a realistic option since you don't have direct access to Anon. I'm sure Anon is aware of the building anticipation. My only hope is that he'she is sensitive to our position.

. . .so the wait continues

best,
Robert

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join