It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I think the discussion is getting a little defocused. At this point, they could tell us the truth, a well-crafted lie, or anything else and we wouldn't know whether or not to believe it, because it's all just words. What we can look at is the way the message is being delivered and the subtext to how it's delivered...

How many people remember the episode of M*A*S*H (spelled it that way to get your attention... keep reading..) in which Hawkeye and BJ desperately need an incubator to diagnose a patient? Despite the fact that they are a hospital, the army tells them "no". You can't have an incubator. They can have a pizza oven! Just not an incubator.

There was a clear message there about the absurdity of the way a military organization runs. Rules, regulations, customs, etc.

Now... (dramatic pause while you take that in)... think about the mentality of the military in the early 1960's. They would have rolled out every latest gadget they had -- electric typewriters, electric razors, electric coffee pots... you name it. If it was new and shiny, our people needed it. I would imagine that after a few months on Serpo, our team probably laughed at the absurdity of the useless junk that was sent along with them and wished that they had just a fraction of the normal stuff that normal people (not military command structures) would have thought to take.

Personally, I don't find this latest post to add much to the story.. but the ride is still fun
The pictures will be the first test of disclosure, if they're ever forthcoming... but at least try to appreciate that any serious hoax would be much better than this. It's either actual disclosure or a genuine disinformation campaign... but it's the fact that it's such a lousy hoax that tends to make it more believable

But, then again, if it's not a hoax, then the whole j-rod thing is a stumper, isn't it? A day ago, we were being lead to believe that it was Serpo vs. Burisch. Today, the two stories have converged and we have to wonder where Dan Burisch got his information, don't we?

If it IS a hoax, then why give Burisch any credibility and give up any of the limelight? Well... I guess if someone wanted to squash the possibility that any truths Burisch were telling would be believed, then they would start a hoax, have some converging elements, and then let it be found-out to be a hoax, thereby discrediting all of the information that was released with... including the truths they slipped in there, just to throw us off the track.

I guess we won't know, until they land on MY lawn

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Well, i've seen a lot..

tis industrial capability seems to fit the 1960s trends
of the "Flexible Manufacturing Cell" concept
or
something alike
"Medium scale batch/adhoc production"..

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
"Flexible Manufacturing Cell" meaning..

Specialized & Semi-MultiPurpose Equipment with a typical
layout of conveyor-roller for 25% of Equipment; the rest being conveyed
via
"work trolleys" by personnel

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I don't know if anybody has commented on this but what about alien viruses and bacteria. What would that do to our "team"? I admit, I just saw War Of The Worlds but, it makes a good point. If they came here a long time ago they could have slowly became immune to the same things we did, but if we just up and went to their planet wouldn't we become sick with their diseases? I know that it is pretty hard not to become sick just hangin' around the house never mind going to another planet! Also, I agree with most folks on this thread, this story has too many things that are highly questionable and are subject to extreme critiscm. I try to think that if it were me in a position of authority or "in the know',what would I do? I think my reputation would be in question anyway for leaking any info so why not just tell it like it is,provide documents,photos or any other evidence that is undeniable? I would like to see disclosure of an alien contact, but I'm afraid that this smells "fishy". I hope that everyone here keeps picking this thing apart that is how you get to the bottom of something. Good work people.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Mr. Ryan,

Thank you for your post. The new material is very interesting, and I am glad to read it.

Would it be possible to pass the following questions on to Mr. Martinez and any of the three "Anons"?

1.) Why is this material being released now?

2.) By what authorization is this material being released?
Are any of the "Anons" the Originator?

3.) What is the status of the so-called "Holloman Landing Film"?
The original presentation of diplomatic credentials is integral to this story. May we see any of this long-awaited imagery?

4.) Why are the Ebens reconnoitring Earth?
I know your "questions and answers" page identifies this matter as "Not clarified", but one of the"Anons" stated, "...but I do know the facts surrounding EBE#1." (And, presumably, why he was found hiding behind a rock on Planet Earth.) It would seem highly problematic to release this type of sensitive information without a responsible grip on our visitor's motives.

Thank you, again.

I hope this would not be trouble.

--Serpentime

[edit on 22-12-2005 by Serpentime]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
*laughs*

I try to “debunk” it, as some people say, because I want to believe it. If somebody posts a picture or film clip of a ufo, I run it through alla the high tech hardware and software that I have at my disposal… not because I desperately want to prove it wrong, but because I want to prove it right.

All I have to go on right now is their website and the words on it. So I play with it and ask questions.

I was raised to believe that there are no stupid questions, and that the only thing stupid is not asking *shrugs*

So I’m asking “stupid” questions and expressing my disbelief in what I’m reading. Again, big shrugs.

I go off on their choice of survival gear and food stocks and the logistics in shipping for one simple reason: My own personal experience. I spent ten years of my life living on a rock in Alaska. Specifically Mitkoff Island. It’s not The remotest place on the face of the planet, but it Is out there. Supplies and personnel had to be shipped in, seafood was shipped out. I’m intimately acquainted with just how much that extra plastic bag on the fish weighs, what that extra 1% of glaze on the halibut will do to my gross weight, how that extra strap on the box effects the stack pattern in the van. The more dunnage I ship off the island, the less profit I put in my pocket.

Marching off into The Last Frontier and surviving isn’t an armchair hobby for me, it’s something I’ve done.

If they took a bunch of crazy stuff with them, then they took a bunch of crazy stuff with them, I’m not arguing that they did or didn’t, I just think it’s a bunch of crazy stuff, tha’s all.

It also saddens me that no one on the Team jumped up and down and shouted “Are You Kidding Me?” when some bozo dumped a 25 pound IBM Selectric on his lap when a 5 pound Smith Corona manual typewriter would do the job just as well and have the added advantage of working anywhere, anytime plus can be repaired with lots of pondering, lots of time, and a few bits of metal from the C-Ration cans…

(the razor I was referring to was the kind you see old time barbers using, like from old westerns and classy gangster movies… you know the ones, the kind that’s great for slitting throats and can be re-sharpened on a leather strap, not safety razors… and yes, I’ve used one of those throat slitters, yes, without shaving cream, and, whereas I wouldn’t recommend it even to my worst enemy, even without water a few times *shudders*)

(and yes, I drink coffee… thought that was painfully obvious by the caffeineated nature of my posts)

As far as the typo goes… as I said earlier, I would have bought that explanation had it been 4.5/9000 to 45/90000… but it wasn’t. It went from 9000 to 90500, that’s a correction, not a typo. Yes, I misssssspelled the word Morale… but I didn’t go back and change it to Spirits, (or Groovy Feelings of Righteousness) nor did I go back and change Stooopid or Ya Know, or Alla That Kinda Stuff, or anything else, ‘cause I’m not tryin’ ta hide anything or come across as anything other than what I am; which is a bozoboy who drinks a lotta coffee and hangs out here from time ta time ‘cause it’s a lot less stressful than playin’ video games.

And who knows? Maybe we’ll get ta be part of disclosure after all, and everybody can laugh at me for having doubts and asking stoopid questions while we sit around and get schnockered on a bottle of the good stuff *grins*

At this point in time, though, I still have a doubt... which ticks me off 'cause I'm Really Ready ta git schnockered.

rock on
twj

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Torbjon,

I'm sorry that I sounded angry at you before. I hope that you don't think that I'm someone who is taking this all in... hook line and sinker... because I'm not. Like most of us, I still have not seen anything that could be called convincing 'proof' of the Serpo story.

I did, however, feel like I had to object to the 'they wouldn't have done it this way, so it's fake' argument that many people have posted so far. This is because such arguments pretend that assumptions are 'proof' in and of themselves. I mean... how many times have we seen arguments with lines like 'in X's generation most men didn't do Y, so X couldn't have done Y' that turned out to be totally false?

As for our ability to guesstimate what the military would be thinking... I see what you're saying: We should be able to anticipate the decisions of the military because military culture is very standardized. Ok... that's fair... but it should also be pointed out that this program was a 'cultural exchange' as much as it was a pure military mission. A certain amount of cargo space, then, would probably go to domestic 'niceties' that would make the team members feel at home at the same time that they gave the Ebens a sense of everyday human life.

As for things like razors... I think your very objection answered itself. This was a military operation. Only the military would consider being cleanly shaven at all times to be a mission priority. Heck... a civilian agency might insist that the team members grow their beards out so as to show the Ebens what humans look like in their natural state.

To be honest... the more 'oddities' I see in the team's equipment... the more I think that this story is real. This is because I know that only the military would care about the shaving standards of soldiers 37 light years from home.

[edit on 22-12-2005 by onlyinmydreams]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
torbjon makes some very good points and has caused me to look at things a little differently. So I was thinking what would I have taken if I were one of the twelve and came to a simple conclusion. Everyone has their comfort zones, mine is southern sweet tea with lemon, grits, a hot shower, fresh ground coffee and the morning paper. Of course that is a condensed version but you get my point. If I were going off world for 10 yrs, I would want to take along not just what the military dicated I take but what would help make my stay more bearable, like my favorite pair of slippers, several pairs of levi's, etc. etc. I hate straight razors. I love my electric rechargable and my combination coffee grinder/coffee maker. So those two things would be priorty. So too me the fact that these people packed electric razors and coffee pots adds a touch of legitimacy to the story.
Just MHO.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
First, much respect to you for having been a frontier entrepreneur in Alaska. Your explanation of your experience is insightful to me because you told us, "This is why I wrote what I wrote. Because I lived this way for 10 years. That's my experience." This is exactly the kind of stuff I wish others would regularly bring to their posts when they propose or reject ideas: 1) Tell us what you believe 2) What background experience or research do you have that influences your belief or supports your argument. Explaining your background may not be integral as "proof" of your position, but it is interesting and helpful for others to understand where you're coming from. And isn't that the point of any debate or beneficial communication? To understand where the other person comes from?

Whether the Serpo story is true or not, it exists as a test or a challenge for us humans to consider how another race might live. How we analyze it or judge it will expose our own biases and beliefs (good or bad).

[edit on 23-12-2005 by enhancedesign]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
A couple of interesting links where the name Serpo may have come from?

www.unmikonline.org...='opres%20disinformation'

www.realitymacedonia.org.mk...

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Ok I'm trying to understand how this Eben civilization developed into space travelers as ANON says here:

The Eben civilization was estimated to be about 10,000 years old. They evolved from another planet, not on Serpo. The original home planet of the Ebens was threatened with extreme volcanic activity. The Ebens had to relocate to Serpo in order to protect their civilization. This occurred some 5,000 years ago.

The Ebens had a great interplanetary battle with another race about 3,000 years ago. The Ebens lost many thousands in their battle. The Ebens completely eliminated all of their enemies. The Ebens have never fought another war since. The Ebens have been space travelers for the past 2,000 years. The Ebens first visited Earth about 2,000 years ago.

Now Anon states that the Ebens have been space travlers for the past 2000 years. Yet he states the Ebens relocated to a new planet 5000 years ago and fought an interplanetary battle with another race 3000 years ago. I'm not sure what he's meaning here cause to move an entire civilization to another planet and fight an interplanetary war you'd have to be able to space travel right? The only thing I can think is they didn't have the ability to travel in interstellar space until 2000 years ago and could only travel in their own solar system which would make this other race from their own solar system? Also it sounds like earth was the first planet they visited since they became "space travelers"...this all doesn't add up to me.

Another thing I'm interested in is what we should look for in the pictures. It sounds like Serpo is a arid planet with little water...Would the sky then not be as blue as earth? Also if its a binary star system then we should try to see 2 suns maybe in the photo's or would objects cast 2 shadows? Also it sounds like there vegetation is different then ours so we sould look for that too.

I don't know but a lot of this doesn't seem to add up at all...I mean the Ebens are only a 10,000 year old civilization...roughly around the same as humans. Even if you only consider human civilization 5000 years old the ebens were still way ahead of us technologically. By then they were transporting an entire population to colonize a new planet.

If Anyone has any thoughts on all this stuff I'd be interested in hearing them.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
yes it has already been posted that OPRES for Operational Rehersal is SERPO which again if we take it for what it is. Means Serpo is the dry run for releasing information to the public. Meaning Serpo is just another disinformation campaign.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
yes it has already been posted that OPRES for Operational Rehersal is SERPO which again if we take it for what it is. Means Serpo is the dry run for releasing information to the public. Meaning Serpo is just another disinformation campaign.

Yeah, I mentioned that a few posts back - just wanted to post a couple of links I ran across at SG where I found it was being used.

Doesn't look good for this story...

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
eh7879,

Several people have already speculated that the timeline can be explained by a rise and fall (and rise again) of Eben civilization, that the term 'spaceflight' refers only to deep space/faster than light space flight, that 'spaceflight' refered to flights to the solar system, that the ebens lost the capacity for space flight after resettling (say in a slower than light sleeper ship), that the Ebens may have settled Serpo 'out of time' due to their apparent ability to travel through time, or that Anon may just have a rusty memory.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

This is an extremely valid point... but even if it is just a dry run... it's still a dry run for disclosure. I mean... if I wanted to know what a play was going to be like watching rehearsals for it would give me a definite clue.

My guess is that, if this is just a rehearsal or trial balloon, that there will still be 'real' elements in the story.... elements that were deliberately put in to prepare us for an actual disclosure.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
oh there are parts of the story that are true that is for certain. But you have to know where to connect the dots so to speak about where the truth is, where it begins where it ends and a bunch of BS starts and where the truth picks up again.

I know only a small fraction of what to identify as the truth. The rest I can only speculate on.

But the whole package its self is just a story, that much I am positive on.

Like another poster said you kind of get leary when you see 420 used and then 203 and 899 (grenade launcher and some sort of form number ie to a 1099 form)

Plus there would be no reason for them to use a three digit name code among themselves. A real operation they would have been Bob, or Nancy or Fred or Chuck and everyone would be breifed that there was a DoD mole amongest them and if anyone "broke code" the mole has orders to "silence" that individual.

And in typical Goverment fashion there would be no mole.

Thus either ensuring that everyone would stick to their call signs or have a complete pow wow as a team which is a sign of trust and unity as a cohesive force. Either way there would not be much the Goverment could do if they broke code on the TEAM.

Problem is when they returned if each member knew the other team members real indentiy they could potentially seek them out after the mission for what ever nefarious purpose that the Goverment did not want them to do.

So what do you do when they return ? Obviously you debreif them and anyone that does not remain under strict goverment watch gets "sanitized
" by some unfortunate - Radition exposure- due to the conditions on the foreign planet.

Once they all had been thoroughly debriefed the HUMIT would be disposable.

So having them remain in the wild for a few years after they return makes no sense.

My take on the whole Goverment conspiracy issue with alien projects is that there really could be some people out there that have worked on highly classified projects of unknown origin. And for reasons of "National Security" when it came to the time that these people were no longer needed on the project for whatever reason they are debriefed and then given a hallucenjetic drug coupled with the power of hypontic suggestion where they are told to basically "overwrite" in their mind certain subjects and events with other data. Data which apparently include such topics and little grey aliens, underground alien bases and extra terrestrial treaties.

Do you remember as someone has pointed out when I think it was Reagan said about how close to the truth Spielberg was....

This was not information that was disclosed to him while President, but rather during his military service. I believe he was an airman.... Someone want to guess when he served....

www.globalsecurity.org...

the following from the above link..

During World War II, Lt. Reagan interrupted his acting career to join active-duty service. In 1942, he transferred to the Army Air Corps assigned to the 1st Motion Picture Unit in Culver City, Calif. In support of the war effort, Lt. Reagan’s military units produced 400 military training films, and he was promoted to Captain. On Apr. 1, 1953 his military career ended until Jan. 20, 1981 when he was sworn in as Commander in Chief of the U.S. Armed Forces.

[edit on 23-12-2005 by robertfenix]

www.nndb.com...

Ever wonder why a lot of people say he only served up until 1945 ??

Military service: US Army Air Corps (Captain, 1942-45)

and so more....

he oversaw the loading of convoys and narrated flight training films for bomber pilots.

Reagan returned to Hollywood after the war and was elected president of the Screen Actors Guild. He testified as a friendly witness before the House Committee on Un-American Activities in 1947, and became an FBI informant,

Known as "The Great Communicator,"

from... www.blogofdeath.com...

On 8 September 1945, he was ordered to report to Fort MacArthur, California, where he was separated from active duty on 9 December 1945.

While on active duty with the 1st Motion Picture Unit and the 18th Army Air Forces Base Unit, Captain Reagan served as Personnel Officer, Post Adjutant, and Executive Officer. By the end of the war, his units had produced some 400 training films for the Army Air Forces.

Reagan’s Reserve Commission automatically terminated on 1 April 1953

from... www.reagan.utexas.edu...

meaning that while not being technically considered an active military person he was still under his reserve commission while working with the FBI...hummm

And then look it says he was in the airforce from 41 to 45....

President Ronald Reagan
Military Service: Army Reserve 1935 - 1941
Air Force 1941 - 1945

www.whoserved.com...

"In the 38th chapter of Ezekiel, it says that the land of Israel will come under attack by the armies of the ungodly nations, and it says that Libya will be among them. Do you understand the significance of that? Libya has now gone Communist, and that's a sign that the day of Armageddon isn't far off.

this is a quote from Reagan taken from here...

www....-------------------------/library/bio/presidents/ronald-reagan/

(Mods please delete the above link if you feel it links to other materials that you may deem inappropriate for some members)

The reason why its important is that just prior to this Ezekiel gets a vision of the landing of some ufo that he has a hard time understanding, the Lion Face, Germany, the Eagles head, America, the Bear, Russia and the face of man , the population of the planet. One of the goals of Bush administration was to take down Libya from being a threat.... this was passed down by edict directly from Reagans statement above and the "boys".

and some testimony from Reagan

REAGAN: Well, sir, I had been for several years in the Reserve as an officer in the United States
Cavalry, but I was assigned to the Air Corps.

STRIPLING: That is kind of typical of the Army, isn't it?

REAGAN: Yes, sir. The first thing the Air Corps did was loan me to the Signal Corps.

www.twcnet.edu...

[edit on 23-12-2005 by robertfenix]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydden

Yeah, I mentioned that a few posts back - just wanted to post a couple of links I ran across at SG where I found it was being used.

Doesn't look good for this story...

I think it's important to note the source of that information -- Dan Burisch. Lets not let his musings be confused for fact, truth, or anything resembling credible information until he ponies up some proof for his own wild claims. Perhaps he could show us that mystical Ph.D he claims to have... or find us a copy of his supposedly published doctoral dissertation (which does not appear in any of the places where such things are published -- and I looked in the original, hard-bound books that were date-stamped in a private library).

I think it's true that there's a web of disinformation, fabrication, and confusion associated with all of these stories -- but lets not let certain fabrications leak into our knowledge-base of truths, even if that knowledge base is seemingly quite empty at this point.

edit: I had to go get my folder on Burisch and post the support for my statement with regard to publication of doctoral dissertations. I spoke to Professor Cynthia Burrows at SUNY Stony Brook. She was a faculty advisor to doctoral candidates at the time Burisch claims to have been there. She had no recollection of Dan Burisch/Crain/Catselas ever having attended there. She also noted that anyone receiving a Ph.D. from Stony Brook in the late 80's or early 90's would have had an abstract of their dissertation published in "Dissertations Abstracts International". Dan claims that his was published.

It was here that Dan first began to explore the relationship of Hypochlorite on Membrane Bound AFP which was archived in the National Cancer Institute in 1987. This paper formed the basis for his PhD (a much expanded version) and was eventually published for public record when the Doctoral committee from SUNY awarded Dan his PhD in 1989. --Dan's own biography

Based on this, I went to a private research library in Bethesda, MD that had the original volumes of Dissertations Abstracts International and studied volumes 5100A through 5110B (about 1987 through 1993) and found NO references to Dan Crain/Burisch/Catselas. Nor did the archives of the National Cancer Institute, located at the public research library at the National Institutes of Health, also in Bethesda, have any articles whatsoever authored by Dan. Sure, the "spooks" could have "purged" the library at the NIH (um.. sure), but the books where the dissertation should have been located were date-stamped in a private medical research library with a librarian whom I've known for many years. The chances of those books being purged (thousands of which are printed each year) are nil.

So, while we worry about Serpo going "down hill" (not sure it's got far left to go, but we'll assume it's still sliding), lets not let unproven assertions from people completely lacking in credibility get mischaracterized as facts.

[edit on 23-12-2005 by Centrist]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Whether the Serpo disclosure is true, untrue or a mixture of both it makes me realise how lucky we are to have Steven Greers Disclosure project. At least we can be pretty much certain that Mr Greer is honest and he is doing it for the right reasons whereas people working for the intelligence community are generally dishonest, unethical and sinister individuals who should not be trusted or believed.

[edit on 23-12-2005 by englishman100]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
No, you're absolutely right, Centrist. And I'm sorry if I'm implying that I'm backing Burisch in any way...honestly, I'm still sitting up in the bleachers munching on popcorn, watching both of these stories go down at the same time. I'm still not leaning one way or the other.

Like I said, unless we get hit with a mass UFO invasion, or one lands on my lawn, it's going to be really hard to convince me that any of this is true or fake...depending on what's being offered.

I mean, if when the whole Serpo story is unraveled to us over the next coming months (?), where's the final proof going to be?

When Dan is done with his debriefing/disclosure videos, it's still one man's word against.....pick your number. What, or who, is going to back him up to prove it?

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies. And nobody need worry ‘bout offending me (ever) I know I’m caffeinated. I try not to step on peoples toes or smash others beliefs, if I come across that way then my apologies… I just really want to believe, ya know? And so far I can’t (even though I’m Really Easy) and it’s tickin’ me off *sighs*

Anyway, the only way I can prove this kinda stuff is to try to disprove it, and then have folks show me how wrong I am.

PLEASE continue to show me how wrong I can be!! *laughs* That would be the Grooviest thing in the world, ya know? I will not be bent, twisted, ticked, miffed or offended if folks point out what a dunderhead I am if it takes us a step closer to the truth.

rock on
twj

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join