It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I'm assuming the US just calls them Eben but their real race name is something different that the Serpo site hasn't mentioned yet? Am I right to assume Eben = (E)xtraterrestrial (B)iological (EN)tity? I would be curious since they claim we can speak their language to a point that we would know at least their real name. I just think Eben is too general a term since they are more the one ET race. But maybe since they were the first ET race known to us we used Eben for them...anyone have an ideas on this?

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by eh7879
I'm assuming the US just calls them Eben but their real race name is something different that the Serpo site hasn't mentioned yet? Am I right to assume Eben = (E)xtraterrestrial (B)iological (EN)tity? I would be curious since they claim we can speak their language to a point that we would know at least their real name. I just think Eben is too general a term since they are more the one ET race. But maybe since they were the first ET race known to us we used Eben for them...anyone have an ideas on this?

Yes, you are correct in assuming that is the meaning of Eben.

As for knowing the technical name of this supposed race, it does seem funny that it's not used. Though, there could be a few hypotheticals as to why:

- There is only one type of "Eben" as their(the "Ebens") claims of interacting with other species cannot be put to scrutiny.

- We've only come into contact with one species of "Eben".

- They might not have a name for themselves as a whole.

- We're exceedingly stupid. (I vote for this one)

I've grown rather tired of making these extraordinary suspensions of logic and reason in regard to this topic. The delay of updates to this story has nothing to do with it. This, simply, is rubbish to me unless empirical evidence states otherwise. The speculation is old and relies far too heavily on whimsy for me to stomach it any further.

[edit on 12/21/2005 by Obscure]

[edit on 12/21/2005 by Obscure]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
New and Interesting information

It seems that there may be a connection I've stumbled on, and now present to you my only meaningful contribution to this thread.

Internet searching has provided some interesting connections that may point to this being a researched hoax. Although coincedences happen, these ones are pretty weird.

Now, try to have some patience ...

In the fifties there was an Atlas comic book character named Man-Oo the Mighty. Man-Oo was a semi-sentient gorilla who had a battle with Serpo The Great Snake. Is it a little too convienient that the only hostile creatures we here about on Serpo are snakes? Serpo The Great Snake also appears in Lo-Zar stories (Lazar?).

Now by itself, this means nothing. We all know that Serpo would be an obvious name for a comic book character, so far this looks like an easy coincidence.

However, after further comic book searching up pops a second coincedence. It seems that Superman (the one we all know and love) and the Kents have a small canotical inconsistancy that is fairly obscure but interesting. It turns out that Pa Kent wasn't always named Johnathan. What was his original first name, you ask? Well it was Eben. That's right, suerman's father was originally named Eben Kent. The name appears in a 1942 superman novel named Pa "Eben Kent".

So far, two comic-book references although the first is pretty weak, it adds when considering the second and third.

Lastly, the Eben was taken to Washington DC in the Serpo story and Superman is a DC comics character. So you have three comic book connections.

Do you think we could be being had by some comic book-loving pranksters?

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
or maybe the people that wrote the stories knew the truth and published what thay knew in a fictional tale that relates to people.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
From Victor
Yesterday

It's a long story, but basically it comes down to this: ANONYMOUS might
have been "outed" by those either within or outside of the DIA butting
into business that was NONE of theirs and have successfully stopped
additional streams and the release of those darned photos which you and
EVERYone else wants to view,... believe me, NO ONE WANTS THEM RELEASED
MORE THAN I DO as I made the public statement that they would be.

It has also been mentioned that this whole Serpo story comes from a project called "OPeration REhearSal."

Someone trying to assess the public's reaction to aliens/UFO's again?

.....could be.

[edit on 21-12-2005 by Hydden]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I think we have been victim of another hoax...So many hoaxes so little time...
I hope they are happy. Thanks for the entertainment, anyways.

This reminds me of the dinasaur the man said he had on Coast to Coast- equipped with sound effects and all...

Next.....

And for this i stay awake half the night

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

well there it is.....like I suspected earlier....anon has been stopped cold by the powers that be.
..and of course it was before the photos could be made public
......something really stinks here......now I think all this was a hoax....what a shame!

[edit on 21-12-2005 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I'm not going to judge whether this is a hoax or no. The information coming from Dan Burisch is purely speculative, so that carries no weight with me. I think it's HIGHLY suspicious that Anonymous got "outed" right after promising to release photos that would blow us away, as well as the "team members" journal entries.

Like I said, I'm not going to assume this is a hoax... but it sure stinks of one.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I would just like to make a point which I don't think has been discussed yet. (Apologies if it has)

I know that a lot of us understand that the secret of alien contact is being kept from us because of the threat of mass panic and planetary disruption...Well, this is what I think about the governments tactics.....

As stated in the "Yellow Book" Aliens supposedly planted Jesus on our earth...or something to that extent....Also, on several UFO documentaries I have watched, including the one on the famed "Alien interview tapes", the announcer/researcher points out that "The aliens were keen to talk about spirituality".....

I think, that the governments wants to gently break us in to the fact that life exists on other planets by appealing to us with the notion that "Hey, these aliens believe in a higher power too, it's all ok, meet E.T.!!" There always seems to be a spiritual connection intertwined with the alien contact stories, and I think its a way to help us all accept what seems inevitable..

I'm sure we all know religious individuals who refute the existence of Extra Terrestrials because of the way they interpret the Bible, or because of their belief systems....I DO think that there would be mass panic, and I think that if the government is slowly releasing stories such as Serpo, etc...to help our minds adjust to the idea, then I think it is an extremely clever and worthy tactic......

RAJ out......

[edit on 21-12-2005 by DARKJEDIG]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydden
From Victor
Yesterday

How did you hear this? Did he send this out by e-mail, or was it posted on stargate?

Why hasn't he updated the Serpo web site with this info?

It has also been mentioned that this whole Serpo story comes from a project called "OPeration REhearSal."

Did you hear this from the same source?

More info please.

[edit on 12/21/2005 by Hal9000]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
My interest in this story has been dying a little each day, and now it's on life support and almost time to pull the plug.

But, before I completely forget this story and dismiss it as a hoax, I would like to hear what Victor meant by "It's a long story.....". Where did the this quote come from? Does Victor have info that may add credibility to the idea that anon was silenced? Does Victor know something we don't?

Quick, get the paddles, my interest is fading fast!

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

How did you hear this? Did he send this out by e-mail, or was it posted on stargate?

That's a good question, but hard to answer. I am supposedly on Victor's list and have received email on it regularly, but did not see the email that Dex claims was the source of the information. However, I was only added to the list recently and it's possible that I didn't receive certain emails that started from a chain prior to my addition to the list.

The Operation Rehearsal analysis, I suspect, is pure garbage that Dan Burisch is using to boost his own credibility. I'm a bit suspect of the degree to which Burisch and his crew are antagonizing the Serpo list, especially since no one on that list has put any more stock into the Serpo story than the fine posters here at ATS have.

I wrote to Bill Ryan this morning for confirmation of the message from Victor and to see if I can get a copy. I'll post further if I get more information. Until then, I consider Serpo a dead issue until we get more information from Victor, Anonymous, or the Serpo site.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Didn't someone predict this exact senerio in an earlier thread? That Anon would be "outed" or silenced before the pics were posted?

If photos actually existed, they should have been one of the first items posted. If Anon were serious about getting the truth out, why not make public the best evidenace in his possession first, and follow up with the story. I sure he was aware that he could be shut down at any time, so why post the story in little sections which could be interupted at any time?

IMO, it would have made more sense to organize all the info, with pics included, and post all the information at once. But that may be hard do if pics don't exist and the story is a work of fiction. I believe the latter.

[edit on 21-12-2005 by DeuceCyrenne]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I am not going to give up on this just yet. Fact is we don't know what the hold up is. We are just speculating as to what is going on. Anon said that the photos would take some time, possibly into the new year. What if he is in the process of converting the journal for posting to the Serpo website, and wants to post the journal entry and the pics at the same time, as they may relate to each other.

We can speculate all we want, and so what if someone posts a theory like:
quote from Victor:

The key phrase here is "might have been "outed"""

Victor is speculating just like the rest of us. I for one will not be swayed by the delay. Of course, if after the new year things are still quiet, then I will re-assess, but until then, I will be patient. I know it is frustrating...people want to know either way right now, but I am of the opinion that this is going to be a long process.

The truth will come out one way or another.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

UNfortunately, this statement is true for NOW, but hopefully will change
down the road.

Victor's response regarding the quote found on the Stargate board. I'm not exactly sure what he means "for now", but we'll just assume that updates from Anon are not expected anytime soon.

Interestingly, if this truly were nothing more than a mere hoax... why stop now? Why not make up some silly journal entries and say the pictures will come later...

It makes you wonder, but....

Also interestingly (to me anyway) is why stop Anon and NOT Burisch? Could the anon thing be a staged play to make Burisch look bad? After all, if they put the lid on anon and not Burisch, it's supposed to suggest that Anon was the real deal and Burisch is not. Then again, maybe that IS the truth. Then again, maybe we're no closer to an answer than we were before this all started.

I'm going to go take an aspirin

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeuceCyrenne
Didn't someone predict this exact senerio in an earlier thread? That Anon would be "outed" or silenced before the pics were posted?

Yup..that was me.(i think..lol)

this serpo thing is going south fast.....man i wish the Gov. could step up to the plate and just admit it.....who cares about the religious backlash anyway??...its about time people realize all religions are fake.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
If I was not laughing so much then I would geninely feel for all of you who had put so much faith and so much effort into this story.

All join hands know as we sing that well known Who song Wont get fooled again".

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeuceCyrenne

Someone on the very first page of this thread made a very similar prediction.

It follows the typical "play book" of Internet hoaxes.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Yeah, someone named Dex got that in an email (supposedly from the list) from Victor. I didn't mean to insinuate that it was the truth or planted...just wanted to share the information that I'd run across.

I have no idea what's going on any more than any of you do. And I suspect even the people that claim they do (elsewhere) are either going by their own opinions or possibly getting fed information from inaccurate sources.

Who knows.....

To me, right now...it's all a game, folks.
I'm not investing too deeply in either side until I see something other than two camps squabbling about who's right and who's wrong. I just feel sorry for the "true believers" that are gung-ho for whatever side they're on, only later to find out they've been duped. After that, and maybe this is the whole point of either story, it'll be hard to believe anyone else who claims anything about UFO's and aliens.

At this point, one of two things will have to happen for me to start believing anything.

1. The mass media will confirm a story is true with govt(s) backing it.
2. UFO's amass overhead ala "Independence Day" for everyone to see.

I already have about a dozen people that I'm going to call if either one of these happens...if only to rub it in! LoL

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Did they silence Bill Ryan as well????

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join