It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
My take on the Eben timeline thing:

1.Like some others have been arguing, I took the 2000 year date for Eben travel to mean either that they have been coming here for 2000 years or that they have been voyaging at faster than light speeds for 2000 years. Note that they also claim to have created a human 2000 years ago... which would fit in with the notion that they might make an 'intermediary' creature upon making contact with a new race of beings.

2.Anon is an older man... he may just be getting his numbers mixed up.

3.These dates are obviously rough estimates. The Team only understood about 50% of the Eben language and I doubt that, even after living there for fourteen years, they became masters of history. No one on this team seems to have had either a social science or liberal arts background... so it may be that the history of the Ebens that these people brought back is poorly researched or mangled in some way. This may be a situation where the team was just identifying eras in Eben history the wrong way (imagine, if you will, a military officer tasked with the duty of classifying the different eras in chinese water color painting). So... we shouldn't take these dates/numbers as gospel. They may all just be rough guesstimates.

4.The 'age' of Eben civilization may just refer to the age of the current Eben civilization. For all we know Eben civilization has risen, collapsed, and then rebuilt itself a dozen times. This might also explain the space travel timeline. The Ebens could have developed FTL travel and then lost it during their war (due to massive industrial damage, for instance). One only has to look at the model of western history (Roman empire -- collapse -- renaissance and colonization of the world) to see how this is possible.

5.There's a difference between the biological age of a population and the time period in which it develops civilization. I took Anon's comments regarding "10,000 years" to indicate that the Ebens had lived in a civilized state for 10,000 years... not that their species had been around for 10,000 years.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
My vote for the best post of the weekend goes to Hydden, and it wasn't even on ATS!

As part of the ATS effort to scour the conspiracy world for get tidbits of information or marginal utility, I bring you an exceprt from Hydden's post on Dan Burisch's stargate forum..

(announcer's voice)
Dan Burisch
(quick bouncy shots of Dan running through a subway terminal, looking behind him)
(quick glimpse of him sitting in a chair under spotlights)

(announcer's voice)
Don Deppeller
(quick shots of Don on the phone)
"I don't care what you say! If it's not in an affidavit, it doesn't count!"
(slams phone down)

(announcer's voice)
Rick Doty
(steps out of the shadows with cigar smoke swirling around his silhouette)
"Did they believe it?"
(voice off camera) "Yes"
(Doty smiles)

(screen goes black for a pause - big lettered words roar up towards the screen written in govt typeface)
THE DISCLOSURE

(very close up of what looks like an alien glowing brightly, then so brightly it whitens the screen out.....ominous shrieking sound comes and fades)

(announcer's voice)
Coming.....2006

(big credits screen with Rated "NR" logo in corner)
"this film is not yet rated."

MAN! I gotta get s'more popcorn! Be right back....

Funny stuff Hydden! Lets just remember not to draw any connections between Serpo and Burisch. I don't think that Richard Doty is actually involved with Serpo, other than as a vocal, and skeptical, member of Victor's list. He and the Burisch folks are at odds over who's swearing to what in front of notaries, but that's all fodder for a separate thread...

Since it appears that the cast and crew of Project Serpo: The disclosure are on hiatus, we will just have to sit tight until more information comes along for us to analyze...

Also, I think Bill Ryan was travelling (didn't he say he's travelling Sunday/Monday?) So if anything new has come out on Serpo, we're in the dark until the webmaster is on terra firma.

Centrist

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

My take on the Eben timeline thing:

1.Like some others have been arguing, I took the 2000 year date for Eben travel to mean either that they have been coming here for 2000 years or that they have been voyaging at faster than light speeds for 2000 years.

In this original message to Victor, Anon actually worded it to state that the Ebens fought an "interplanetary battle" some 5,000 years ago, eliminated their enemies, and have been at peace ever since. This information is consistent with the suggestion that they moved amongst planets in their own system prior to 2,000 years ago and then began interstellar travel.

This suggests that their society had the technology for interplanetary flight capable of waging war 3,000 years before they had the capability for interstellar travel. Think about that for a second -- that's a lot of years to develop this technology. Based on this thought alone, does it make any sense to anyone else that not even the most visionary scientists on our planet cannot, yet, even begin to contemplate how such technology may be achieved?

5.There's a difference between the biological age of a population and the time period in which it develops civilization. I took Anon's comments regarding "10,000 years" to indicate that the Ebens had lived in a civilized state for 10,000 years... not that their species had been around for 10,000 years.

On this reasoning, what age would you assign to our civilization? 2,000 years -- christian culture? 5,000 years -- asian culture? 10,000 years -- whoever built the pyramids?

Numbers are a tricky thing... I find your hypothesese interesting, but I think the numbers will fool us no matter how we juggle them -- it's like having 4 variables and only one equation.

Centrist

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I wasn't able to meet with Bill Friday (big work related project kept me at it until late in the evening) and he told me he was traveling back to the UK Saturday.

I did get an email from him late Sunday so it sounds like he's back in the UK now. We should be hearing from him here shortly I think.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Hehe..thanks Centrist.

Just for the record, i wasn't really insinuating that Burisch and Serpo were related at all, it's just funny how these two stories are colliding with each other at SG. I don't know who's involved with what, anymore, to be honest. But, you have to admit, it all sounds like a movie being promoted with all the drama involved.

For all I know, both of these scenarios are being played out by one group who's having a little fun on the internet to see how much hype they can stir up in the community.

(shrug)

The one thing I *do* know, is that I have plenty of popcorn to tide me over as this whole thing plays out.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Centrist

On this reasoning, what age would you assign to our civilization? 2,000 years -- christian culture? 5,000 years -- asian culture? 10,000 years -- whoever built the pyramids?

Numbers are a tricky thing... I find your hypothesese interesting, but I think the numbers will fool us no matter how we juggle them -- it's like having 4 variables and only one equation.

Centrist

This is actually the point I was trying to make in regards to the dating systems used by the team members. Let's say, for a moment, that the species homo sapiens has been around for 180,000 years or so (how old are the Omoo finds, again?) and that other human species have been around since the beginning of Homo Erectus.... well... likewise the actual species the Ebens are part of might be hundreds of thousands or even millions of years old. The point at which the team members assigned 'civilization' to them may have, then, just been some arbitrarily decided number (or based on criteria we use to discern the rise of human civilization).

So... I don't think that anyone should reject Anon's story just because the chronological eras given by him seem to be a bit short. Like I said before, the team consisted of scientists and military people... not historians. On earth human civilization is usually identified as the point where 1)writing and 2)agriculture are present in the same society. The team members could have been using the same standard when talking about Eben society... or they could have just been identifying that strain of Eben civilization (if, for instance, there had been several Eben civilizations).

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
As far as the Ebens civilization being 10,000 years old, I'm sure it relates to the term "civilization" meaning organized social structure, ect., and not the origin of the species. If they moved to a different planet 5,000 years ago, then they had advanced quite a bit in those first 5,000 years. This is one of the questions brought up on the Serpo site. How did they advance to quickly? All I can think of is maybe they did not experience the same rise and fall of various civilizations like we did.

I also liked your comments Hydden, with your story line somewhat following an X-files plot. But I think the way these guys are bickering it is more like a daytime soap opera. Maybe something like, "As the Avery Turns", or "All My Disclosures".

Originally posted by Hydden
The one thing I *do* know, is that I have plenty of popcorn to tide me over as this whole thing plays out.

Had to go out for a beer run myself.... Ok so this is my third trip.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
I also liked your comments Hydden, with your story line somewhat following an X-files plot. But I think the way these guys are bickering it is more like a daytime soap opera. Maybe something like, "As the Avery Turns", or "All My Disclosures".

Yeah...hehe...I was going to do it "soap opera" style, but I figured that would really come across as insulting, and I only wanted to get a few chuckles while getting my point across. Some people seem to be getting really intense and dramatic lately. Me thinks they need to turn to Comedy Central for a day and loosen up abit. If you try to keep a 24/7 about this stuff, you're going to lose your mind.

Hmm....

Edit: Censor circumvention.

[edit on 20-12-2005 by intrepid]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Thanks for your thumbs up, HAL.

But then again, maybe aliens DO like strawberry ice cream. They are said to be fond of the cows which produce that enzyme...

Digest at your own risk.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I really have to say the whole PROJECT SERPO issue is deff in my 'gray basket'.

I agree to keeping an open mind about all subjects regarding these types of issues, however the way this information is being delivered is highly unsusal.

Although it has already been covered ad-nasuem I can't really understand this story as a whole, there are so many odd pieces that just don't fit.

We are supposed to believe that the Eben's sent a spirtual leader to our planet to help us form a 'civilzation' 2000 years ago, but they cannot grasp our language to communicate in modern day terms?

The 'time' issue is another curious item. I have no idea what the big issue would be with providing an explantion on how we keep time would be. Even if time was different from their own wayof understanding it.

Clearly the above issues and many more could take an entire paper to explore, but with little evidence and no named discloser it becomes almost useless. I am suprised at how little evidence has been offered and how much interest has been garnerd by what seems to be an internet novella thus far.

As I said before I welcome and look foward to more evidence about this story, but until such a time when somthing other then the postings of an unamed source are offered we should be dubious of these claims.

Just my humble opinion.

[edit on 19-12-2005 by Ennead]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
For those of you that are like me and are anxious for more info on this subject, you can sink your teeth into this website that has tons of info regarding contact with ETs and the US government. Some of the info on this site can be linked to the whole "Serpo" story...thats why I post it here..

www.galactic.no...

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Does anyone else think that this "Anonymous" has bailed? Perhaps (if is this indeed a prankster) the prankster has seen this get way out of control and thought "im in way over my head here"......

Or.....perhaps he is using his knowledge of alien technology to build a super powerful scanner for his polaroids!!!....My take is that i'll wait to see the pictures before passing judgement...but it is a good story nonetheless.

( mod edit , please do not circumvent the censors)

[edit on 20-12-2005 by pantha]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Weather he bailed or not, there are aliens. I watched a show last night about an 1897 UFO landing in Texas. Ooof, that was something else!

As far as the group gone to Serpo, i wouldnt doubt it one bit. I dont think we are going to get any pictures- I think that hammer came down on this Anonymous...if you know what i mean.

Those MIB's do it all the time.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DARKJEDIG
Does anyone else think that this "Anonymous" has bailed?

The only reason I think that he hasn't is the mention of perhaps waiting until next year before we'll see anything else. Why all of a sudden, after posting multiple times in one month, then nothing else for what....3 weeks now?...I have no clue. Both, this story and the (unrelated?) Burisch story are promising things next year so, I'm assuming that the MIB's, aliens, disclosers, etc all celebrate Christmas and are enjoying their holidays before the real show begins.

...can't have something else preoccupying people's minds right now (the holidays) and stealing the spotlight, ya know!

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serpentime
Thanks for your thumbs up, HAL.

But then again, maybe aliens DO like strawberry ice cream. They are said to be fond of the cows which produce that enzyme...

Digest at your own risk.

Well, who doesn't like strawberry ice cream? Though I doubt that is the reason why they like cows.

I just thought it was a clever tie in with the impression left by the UFO Coverup Live show, (which I have not seen), supposedly the material was very good, but after mentioning the ice cream, most people disregarded the whole show. This is exactly how disinformation works. And the postings by anonymous could be more of the same. My question is why is this being done? I think you alluded to the release of the EFD book, but there could be more to it. Maybe a preemptive strike for something in the near future, or maybe because of recent info released from other countries.

I also wonder if disclosure was done officially, how many details we think we know would be correct? How many other new and strange details we would learn, that unless heard officially, we would consider a joke?

Just food for thought.

Originally posted by Ennead
We are supposed to believe that the Eben's sent a spirtual leader to our planet to help us form a 'civilzation' 2000 years ago, but they cannot grasp our language to communicate in modern day terms?

That is an excellent point. How is it, with such limited communications, did they come to an understanding of such a complex exchange program?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
first post on this site after a good year of reading. Dont know if anyone has mentioned this allready but, what Gary Mckinnon claimed to see, pretty much backs some of this story. For those who dont know who he is, you could look him up (spy.org.uk/freegary).

He claimed to have seen a list of non-terrestrial officers.

discuss

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Daniel... that's a very interesting twist. I remember reading about Gary and the 'non-terrestrial officers' but never thought about the possible connection. I certainly wish he had taken notes or could remember some of the details (like how many were on the list). We'll all have to wait and see...

curiouser and curioser

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Weather he bailed or not, there are aliens. I watched a show last night about an 1897 UFO landing in Texas. Ooof, that was something else!

Ah yes. The Aurora incident.

Did they happen to mention that it was a hoax started by the local town prankster AFTER a group of railwaymen hoaxed (fairly successfully) a cross-country Mysterious Airship? Or did they just stop the story with "Aliens Landed!"?

As far as the group gone to Serpo, i wouldnt doubt it one bit. I dont think we are going to get any pictures- I think that hammer came down on this Anonymous...if you know what i mean.

Particularly with all the bad data... like the length of days, the Mysterious Climate (that does not work) and the other humongous errors in the data. Someone suggested that it was because "Anonymous" was an older gentlement... but, frankly, age hasn't affected the memory of the Baby Boomer generation THAT much and there are millions of people (like my dad and my mom) well into their 80's, who have no problems remembering dates and details.)

Now... a 18-20-something who was pulling a joke, yes. They'd be horrible with the details. But just ask any military man about details of some combat he was in during WWII. You'll get details out the wazoo... details you can verify and "take to the bank" for accuracy.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Ah yes. The Aurora incident.

Did they happen to mention that it was a hoax started by the local town prankster AFTER a group of railwaymen hoaxed (fairly successfully) a cross-country Mysterious Airship? Or did they just stop the story with "Aliens Landed!"?

I watched that show to, and yes, they did mention that the guy who wrote the article was a known prankster, but they also said they did not find any other prank articles published from the same person. And no they didn't mention the story of the cross country sightings of the airships was a hoax by a railway group. They said the alien that was found dead in the crash was buried in the town cemetery and they held a funeral for it. But since the headstone was stolen, now they don't know were the grave is.

If you have some links, I would like to hear more about the pranks, and it's currently being discussed in this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
"But just ask any military man about details of some combat he was in during WWII. You'll get details out the wazoo... details you can verify and "take to the bank" for accuracy."

ABSOLUTELY.

I am fortunate in that I live a few hours drive from Oshgosh WI. I've been up there a half dozen times for the annual EAA fly-in. There are always a lot of WWII pilots there and they are always willing to talk to people about their experiences. Even though these guys are in their 80s, they are still way sharp. Talking to them is like talking to a sharp 35 year old. When conversing with them, the success of the screening process used by the Army Air Corps to seperate the sharps from the dulls becomes blatently evident.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join