It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Perhaps you could read the full post on page 12, posted on 8-12-2005 at 09:29 Post Number: 1849684 (post id: 1871577)

Originally posted by Centrist

Here we go.

A theory suggesting why the Project Serpo Disclosure may be genuine

A little known fact is that in October 2000, it was five-years from the effective date of Executive Order 12958 (begins on page 19 of the linked filed) -- signed by Bill Clinton and mandating the automatic declassification of all government documents over 25 years old unless the agency which classified the document asserts that certain documents are exempt from disclosure.

What are your thoughts regarding the possibility of this "declassification" period etc. being the reason "Anonymous +" are doing what they are doing (and will hopefully continue with it)?

Travel safe!

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
Centrist did I miss something, but "sepro" is not Dan's story. Unless in the above stated emails he has told you otherwise.

Yes we know Dan has a story to tell, about coming disclosure but by all accounts, Serpo is not of his making... correct me if I am wrong..

You are correct. I have not come across any information that suggests that Dan Burisch and the Project Serpo disclosure are, in any way, affiliated. In various inquiries, the assertion that they are related has been denied by people involved with each effort.

Centrist

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by enhancedesign
Hal9000, don't you think it's possible that an alien civilization that has been starfaring for thousands of years has discovered scientific knowledge that we currently lack? I, too, wish to know the nuts and bolts of how faster-than-light travel is possible. I've read all kinds of interesting stuff on electrogravitics, anti-gravity and quantum mechanics. I think it's highly likely that our Einsteinian view of the Universe is incomplete. And quantum physics is going to get us more understanding.

I don't doubt they are capable, but it is the lack of explanation on this aspect, I think is suspect. Are you saying just because Anon says it's possible, we should accept it without question? Have you ever imagined the amount of energy it would take to either accelerate to the speed of light, or create a wormhole to travel through? I think I would need some proof that it is safe for humans before sending a bunch of people.

About sending 12 people for 10 years - What would you do in this situation: Aliens called the SuperCools come to Earth and introduce themselves to the US military, of which you're a part. They explain who they are, where they came from, and show you images of their homeworld and society.

How do you know they would be telling the truth? Maybe the SuperCools were hungry, and stopped by for a snack.

Wouldn't it be a huge mistake to say no to this?

All I'm saying is it does not sound like the safe approach that was taken during that time using the space program as an analogy. I think they would have started out with a smaller group for a shorter period of time, before allowing twelve people to go on a ten year trip. If there were restrictions or conditions to the exchange, they were not mentioned.

[edit on 12/16/2005 by Hal9000]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
You see the emails go to the service provider and they sit in a big storage cue. Almost anyone can access this information. When you log onto to your Web TV account, you are not downloading the emails anywhere. You are just opening a viewer on the host system and are reading the data directly on the host system. Kind of like viewing the cable guide. The information is being piped down to your local box, "streamed" but is not transfered. In the processes of streaming the data to the local Web box anyone on the same network can capture the data, providied they have spliced into the network and "read" the data.

The information that is sent to his Web TV account remains in the public domain until the server wipe over process is initiated, (if it does even). The process of "deleting" the message from the Web TV account is just a marker on the server side that denotes the message as being read and then does not show you that message the next time you enter your "inbox".

An extreme privacy issue if he ever received something that was to remain "private" especial considering the content discussed on his news group.

It would be rather easy to retrieve the information being sent to him.

Many thanks... but I'm not sure if I understood all the details. My guess is that Victor himself may not know much or any of this, as he's (self-confessed) not very computer literate. Could you kindly e-mail me on contact@serpo.org and we could dialogue about it? That'd be very helpful.

Best, Bill

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jgbjgb
Perhaps you could read the full post on page 12, posted on 8-12-2005 at 09:29 Post Number: 1849684 (post id: 1871577)

Here we go.

A theory suggesting why the Project Serpo Disclosure may be genuine

A little known fact is that in October 2000, it was five-years from the effective date of Executive Order 12958 (begins on page 19 of the linked filed) -- signed by Bill Clinton and mandating the automatic declassification of all government documents over 25 years old unless the agency which classified the document asserts that certain documents are exempt from disclosure.

What are your thoughts regarding the possibility of this "declassification" period etc. being the reason "Anonymous +" are doing what they are doing (and will hopefully continue with it)?

Travel safe!

Many thanks! This is new to me, and may be another clue... no-one on Victor's list has mentioned or referred to this. Maybe it's not widely known. Let me take a look and I'll get back to you. This is why open communication is so useful... we never know what may turn up that could unlock many other aspects of the story.

Best, Bill

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawnna
I tried to send a U2U message but can't 'cuz I'm new to this forum.

Hi Swawnna, do e-mail me on contact@serpo.org... then we can fix it up. I'm new too, so have no clue about U2U.

Best wishes to you, Bill

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
hmmm...

having some problems with the secret list and the secret society... no matter how well known or upstanding they may be, we're not privy to the groovy handshake and that makes me just a wee bit suspect.... I'll need to ponder that some more before going off on it.

As far as the 7 to 9 month space journey to the alien planet and the weirdness some folks see in that...

I tend to think of it more like star trek... impulse engines to the edge of our solar system, instant warp drive to the edge of their solar system, impulse engines to the alien planet *shrugs* It's the sublight drive that takes up alla the time...

rock on
twj

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by torbjon
hmmm...

having some problems with the secret list and the secret society... no matter how well known or upstanding they may be, we're not privy to the groovy handshake and that makes me just a wee bit suspect.... I'll need to ponder that some more before going off on it.

As far as the 7 to 9 month space journey to the alien planet and the weirdness some folks see in that...

I tend to think of it more like star trek... impulse engines to the edge of our solar system, instant warp drive to the edge of their solar system, impulse engines to the alien planet *shrugs* It's the sublight drive that takes up alla the time...

rock on
twj

I too have wondered about this...possibly there are "autobahn" space freeways, highways, and school zone speed limits. Perhaps bending time and space is not a good idea near a planet, sun, or asteroid belt since that may cause a gravitational anomaly which disturbs orbits. Maybe the "jet wash" of space travel is fairly dangerous and requires sublight speed when near solar systems.

Do they have to hop from spot to spot because they can only bend so much space/time and have to recharge or refuel? Who knows? I'm sure some scientist has equations all over a chalk board right now and sees what I just wrote and thinks "fool". I think the travel time to their planet is going to be a hard thing to debate about since we really don't know how to do it except in theory. But I do think it's fair to press for answers since the 7-9 months doesn't jive with what most of us think would occur with FTL engines.

In a way I hate talking about this and other "issues" we have with the SEPRO story since they can see what we write and fit their story to our views. They could easily borrow the excuses we make for them and encorporate it into their possible hoax.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I tried to send a U2U message but can't 'cuz I'm new to this forum

You can email him directly at this link:
www.serpo.org...

Doh, nevermind..

[edit on 16-12-2005 by Hemetae]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hi Bill. I sent an email to you at contact@serpo.org.

Look forward to meeting you!

Shawnna

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Boggie:

"In a way I hate talking about this and other "issues" we have with the SEPRO story since they can see what we write and fit their story to our views. They could easily borrow the excuses we make for them and encorporate it into their possible hoax."

Ya, I hear you there... not sure what to do about it though... it's not like everybody is just going to sit tight and wait it out, ya know?

By the way, that is an incredibly mesmerizing avatar you have, nice.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
I don't doubt they are capable, but it is the lack of explanation on this aspect, I think is suspect. Are you saying just because Anon says it's possible, we should accept it without question? Have you ever imagined the amount of energy it would take to either accelerate to the speed of light, or create a wormhole to travel through? I think I would need some proof that it is safe for humans before sending a bunch of people.

I agree that an explanation of FTL travel would be great and would add to the credibility of the story. But it's an ancillary subject to the 3,000 page documentation of the Ebens, their planet, history, culture, etc. Yes, I've considered the amount of energy, and while I'm no physicist, I've read up on zero-point energy, the relationship of magnetism, electric fields and gravity, etc. The theories I've seen speculate that in order to reduce E in E=mc^2, you must reduce m which is where anti-gravity contributes. Anyway, this is a whole other can of worms - an important and juicy can of worms to be sure.

Was the space travel safe? Is it guaranteed safe? Probably not. Astronauts, space explorers, wherever they go, however far, will risk their lives. Humans can be killed by anything, and die quite frequently on Earth. It's definitely not desirable to spend 10 years training a group of people and then have them all get killed suddenly. But we will never ever ever be able to guarantee the safety of anyone who goes into space, ever.
Serpo apparently had higher solar radiation than Earth which was a hazard to the team.

How do you know they would be telling the truth? Maybe the SuperCools were hungry, and stopped by for a snack.

Yes, I forgot to mention that the SuperCools didn't salivate and smack their lips in the presence of humans. And they weren't in possession of a book called, "To Serve Man."

But despite being unable to trust with 100% certainty the intentions of an unknown race (or any human we meet on Earth), we do exercise faith and trust and listen to our gut instincts and intuition. My intuition tells me Hal9000, that you value logic, order, prudence and pragmatism. More left-brained than right? I share those values but also lots of right-brained stuff like creativity. But I view the question of risk in an alien exchange with a cost-benefit analysis. I imagine that the Eben who was stuck on Earth for the 1st few years gave us quite a bit of insight into the dangers of space travel, a good sense of the risk. The story goes on to say that the 12-member team trusted the Ebens shortly after meeting them - they could see that the Ebens were trustworthy and in fact pretty nice, caring beings.

All I'm saying is it does not sound like the safe approach that was taken during that time using the space program as an analogy. I think they would have started out with a smaller group for a shorter period of time, before allowing twelve people to go on a ten year trip. If there were restrictions or conditions to the exchange, they were not mentioned.

Fair enough. I'm more of a risk-taker. Perhaps the cold-war situation with Russia played a part in the decision? IMO, we would have been misguided to believe that the Ebens would solely be the USA's allies as the Ebens seem to be more consciously evolved than to take sides on Earth.

As far as the group size, I'm not sure what the best number to send would be. The Serpo story claims the team was trained in several dozen skills/areas. So a smaller group would be less able and less efficient at handling the immense amounts of varied tasks. If it were up to me, 10-16 would be a good number to be able to split up duties and also give the team a number of fellows so that they wouldn't feel so alone. Would you really want to be "out there" with only 2, 3 or 4 colleagues?

I'm not sure what the best length of time to send the team out there would be either. The Ebens set a date 10 years after the planet-to-planet communication was made. As the hosting planet, I'd give them the right to set that time-table as far as when to come. Plus it gave our team plenty of time to prepare as best they could. Perhaps our side was hoping that the team would get to travel around to other planets besides Serpo and see what's going on in the galactic neighborhood? Or perhaps the difficulty with understanding/translating the languages necessitated such a long stay?

The opportunity to go to another world to live among an alien civilization offers an infinite amount of things to discover and study. Each individual has their own preferences about how long they'd want to stay. Now if the Ebens had been a race of scandalously hot bikini teamers, we may have never heard from our guys again.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

AboveTopSecret.com Terms & Conditions Reminer

www.abovetopsecret.com...

12.) You agree not to cultivate the membership of these domains for the sending of private messages (board U2U or e-mail) for the purposes of marketing, mass mailing, offline meet-ups, or recruitment for other groups (offline or online) such as activist groups or other online discussion board websites. You will not also seek to rally the membership of these domains for any cause without prior written permission from the site owner.

Please be aware of our conditions of membership.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'm so sorry - I would never intentionally violate any rule I was aware of. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Shawnna

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This thread originated as a discussion of Bill Ryan's Project Serpo website. Bill Ryan has recently joined ATS to interact with this thread to the delight of all the participants. Bill offered to meet in person with Shawnna to discuss this topic more. Shawnna offered to take a list of questions from this thread's participants.

So did one or both Bill & Shawnna violate the ATS rules? Will they violate the rules by meeting? Are all of us prevented from meeting each other in real life? Shouldn't ATS have a disclaimer that says something to the effect of "ATS can not be held legally liable or responsible for any events that transpire outside of this board by ATS users should they decide to meet or assemble." ?

Centrist, got any insights on this?

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bill Ryan

I met with Jack Sarfatti last week, and he made the point that such a journey should not have taken nine months (or seven)... it should have taken virtually no time at all. (He was perfectly serious. Jack is currently doing leading edge research into wormholes and time travel.)

Best, Bill

That's odd. I realize we can get to Kevin Bacon in 6 easy steps, but Jack Sarfatti has some interesting Hollywood connections.

www.qedcorp.com...

This is where it all started back in 1975. PCRG was co-founded by Jack Sarfatti and Michael Murphy at the Esalen Institute in Big Sur, California in 1974. Financed by Werner Erhard, Jean Lanier and the late George Koopman, the PCRG nurtured the creation of books like Space-Time and Beyond, The Tao of Physics, The Dancing Wu Li Masters, Cosmic Trigger, and The Roots of Consciousness. The group included the physicists and authors, Fred Alan Wolf, Nick Herbert and Fritjof Capra, along with Saul Paul Sirag, Henry Dakin, Robert Anton Wilson, Uri Geller, Barbara Honneger, the late Brendan O Regan, George Leonard, Gary Zukav, Ira Einhorn, and artist Lynn Hershmann. Nobel Laureate, Brian Josephson, along with physicists David Finkelstein, Russell Targ, Karl Pribram, Henry Stapp, Phillipe Eberhard, and Ralph Abraham, all came for shorter visits. The group is now reborn on the World Wide Web twenty years later with both new and old faces. According to George Koopman, the PCRG was the inspiration for the film Ghost Busters. Koopman was a close friend of Dan Ackroyd and gave him the idea for the movie. Sarfatti introduced Jacques Vallee to Francis Ford Coppola and his friends in 1975. Vallee eventually became technical advisor to Speilberg's film, Close Encounters of the Third Kind. It's rumored that Sarfatti may have been part of the inspiration for the mad physicist in Back to the Future.

That's a pretty interesting factoid.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Centrist, got any insights on this?

Yes. ATS is a privately owned and operated service. What the owners and operators say goes.

That's odd. I realize we can get to Kevin Bacon in 6 easy steps, but Jack Sarfatti has some interesting Hollywood connections.

I've read a lot of Jack's writings. I'm not sure whether he's genius, a loon, or a combination of both. He's clearly not a believer in Serpo, based (at least) on what here wrote here.

Centrist

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Centrist, I enjoy and appreciate your logic and analysis. I'm preparing a copy of your entire unedited post on the Non-Disclosure Briefing Pamphlet to Victor Martinez's list. I can't communicate with you by U2U, because I've not yet made 20 posts in this forum. I want to ask you a private question. Can you e-mail me on contact@serpo.org? Many thanks.

Best wishes to you, Bill

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I've read a lot of Jack's writings. I'm not sure whether he's genius, a loon, or a combination of both. He's clearly not a believer in Serpo, based (at least) on what here wrote here.

Centrist

See, that's what frustrates me. This was a point that was brought up on the C2C show as well...that these people are trying to apply Earth-physics to something that's not of this Earth. Who's to say that physics are the same all over the universe?? And how many times have physics constants changed here *on* Earth??

I hate close-minded posts like that. Science has been proven wrong so many times that it's ridiculous for anyone to say something is a fact anymore becaue they'll probably be proven wrong in about 5-10 years time, if not sooner.

Flat Earth theory anyone?
Wow, that sun sure circles around the Earth pretty fast.
A man on the moon?...haha, please!

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by enhancedesign
I agree that an explanation of FTL travel would be great and would add to the credibility of the story. But it's an ancillary subject to the 3,000 page documentation of the Ebens, their planet, history, culture, etc.

Though you may think space travel is an "ancillary subject"(had to look that word up) it is a vital detail. If you can't travel FTL, or if you wind up in the future as many theorize, then this is a huge problem. If it is not possible, then every other part of the story is also untrue. It could be the aliens have figured out a way to do this. If so then explain how it is possible. If you told me a story about your trip to the moon, the first thing I would ask is how did you get there. If you can't tell me, guess what, I am not going to believe anything you say about the trip after that. But I do agree with you that space travel is a fascinating subject and I know we don't know it all, but for me this is obstruction #1. If Anon would explain it and physicists would agree it is possible, then we could move on.

Was the space travel safe? Is it guaranteed safe? Probably not. Astronauts, space explorers, wherever they go, however far, will risk their lives.

Right, so to minimize the risk, what did we send up into orbit first? A monkey. Then the first manned space flight lasted a whole 15 minutes, the next a little longer. Eventually progressing till we reached the goal of the moon. We did not attempt to go to the moon on the first trip, until we were certain we had a good chance of making it. Now supposing the aliens already knew how to do this and told them it was safe. I still think they would have insisted on a few test runs.

But despite being unable to trust with 100% certainty the intentions of an unknown race (or any human we meet on Earth), we do exercise faith and trust and listen to our gut instincts and intuition. My intuition tells me Hal9000, that you value logic, order, prudence and pragmatism. More left-brained than right?

If you’re referring to common sense, yeah that’s how I think. I am an engineer, and understand how things work. Even though I may not be as creative as some, I think I keep an open mind. I think it is a common mistake for creative people to overlook scientific facts. In a case like this, I am willing to listen, so that should show that I am open-minded. I am just playing devils advocate here, because I know these are the same questions real scientists would ask.

Fair enough. I'm more of a risk-taker. Perhaps the cold-war situation with Russia played a part in the decision? IMO, we would have been misguided to believe that the Ebens would solely be the USA's allies as the Ebens seem to be more consciously evolved than to take sides on Earth.

You may be a risk taker, but it’s different when your responsible for other peoples lives. I don't think those in charge would have allowed it without trial runs. Even with the competition of the Cold War that led to the space race, they still minimized risks.

The opportunity to go to another world to live among an alien civilization offers an infinite amount of things to discover and study.

This is true, it would be an excellent opportunity, but if it is too dangerous and those twelve people died, how much information would you get?

I think that some people need to realize that although this story is intriguing, it cannot be accepted without proof. You are basing a lot of assumptions on what Anon is saying, and again how can you believe any of it, unless it is possible to travel 40 light years in 9 months? And this is only one problem with the story. There are plenty more.

Originally posted by Hydden
See, that's what frustrates me. This was a point that was brought up on the C2C show as well...that these people are trying to apply Earth-physics to something that's not of this Earth. Who's to say that physics are the same all over the universe?? And how many times have physics constants changed here *on* Earth??

Again, I'm playing devils advocate here. How do you know that physics would be different on another planet? My point is you can’t prove it either way, so why base your opinion on the word of an anonymous poster?

[edit on 12/16/2005 by Hal9000]

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join