It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 239
<< 236  237  238    240  241  242 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
If someone came along and said "crakeur, here's potentially one of the biggest news events in 100 years. I want you to be the face of this information" and I believed this to be true or I believed this to be something that needed to be distributed to the public, a little animosity, anger, frustration or hostility from others would not deter me.

Hear hear!!! Spoken truth.

I have to contest the diminutive 100 years you mention, though...rather I would say this is (if true) the biggest story of 2000 years or even the biggest story in the entire history of Homo Sapiens Sapiens.

(uh, that'd be us)

Please, somebody get Victor a laptop and a DSL connection...this WEBTV thing has got me starting to think its avoidance.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

I love it.

these mindless pursuits that lead nowhere make me laugh with a crazy delight! I couldn't of said it better! nothing like going kama kazi knowing where you'll end up! thats why I'm here! because its fun! and who cares where it leads! call me a fool but, I'm a crazy fool at least!

I offered to help 'ol vic get a computer on its legs some posts back. I'm not looking at it as charity but, a research investment.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by waffleprime]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'm lazy when it comes to researching things but I have read the thread. And if I was to just go off it and the other surface info available I'd say the concensus is the following.

=======

SERPO: A Ron's Org Production

Presented by: Bill Ryan and Serpo.org

In association with: Richard Doty and Victor Martinez

Special Thanks To: Coast to Coast and ATS for Promotion

=======

(Disclaimer: In no way is the above accusing the above for the above. Just an observation of the theories in the thread.)

[edit on 2/7/2006 by Arm Of Geddon]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rren

Firstly i believe Mr. Ryan was on GI for a grand total of 6 or 7 minutes... the "they can't be trusted" staff immediately stepped in and overruled ADVISOR's judgment call.

And this grand total of 6 minutes or less occurred while he was offline. I'm assuming the Eben Energy Device could have auto-posted for him during that 6 minutes, but Bill wasn't prevented from posting one single second.

[edit on 2-7-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Long time lurker, first time poster... and it's great to be here.

In my opinion, there should be absolutely no doubt that Bill Ryan has a vested interest in ensuring that the whole Project Serpo saga continues. According to serpo.org he is 'a management consultant, specializing in personal and team development, leadership training and executive coaching', a role which no doubt requires him to be someone who is professional, has great leadership skills and is someone who people can trust.

By championing the Serpo story, Bill has obviously put his credibility and reputation on the line. Not only that, he has gained somewhat of a name for himself, having appeared on Coast to Coast AM and various internet-based shows. I mean, had you ever heard of Bill Ryan before Serpo? He has appointed himself as the mouthpiece for an unprovable and wildly fantastic story, which begs the question 'Why do such a thing?'.

Not to mention his future speaking engagements, etc. - what would he speak about if no new material had been posted in months, or even worse, Serpo was proven a hoax?

Assuming Serpo is baloney - if you were Bill and you started to believe this crazy story might be a hoax whilst realising you were to deep to withdraw without major reputational damage... what would you do?

'In 2005/06, I championed an internet hoax.'

Hell, that's gonna look great on his resume.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Donski]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Slightly off topic. For those of you in need of some very exciting images of aliens, check out this article on Wired magazine about life on Alien Worlds. This I can believe!

Personally, I'm in the mood for some Gulphog steak and a little stingerfan medicinal tea.

www.wired.com...

Watch out! There's a stalker flying in behind you!

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
You know, arguing over tellers and conveyors of this story seems to be more than a little odd since the story itself is wholly unbelievable, but I just want to offer one thing. WebTV, now known as MSNTV, is not a bad way to surf the web. I used WebTV for about three years before I bought my computer. I even kept it hooked up until I decided to go with cable broadband and ditched the land line.

It does have its limitations, which are essentially the same as anyone on dial-up, whether they use a computer or not. It is true that if MSN doesn't have a local number for dial-up in your area, then you have to pay long distance charges. The vast majority of users don't have this problem, but that's the kind of thing you need to find out before you buy.

Also, there are sites out there that offer WebTV users all kinds of services that help to overcome its limitations, like word processing sites and the like. This kind of thing is even being floated about for computer users who would pay a fee to connect to various software rather than buying it and installing it. People even make pretty good looking websites using nothing but the "little black box."

As for losing email, I'm almost certain that if you delete email, customer service can get it back since it remains on the server long after it is deleted. In fact, it is not uncommon to log onto WebTV and find emails you deleted months ago. It doesn't happen everyday, but I've seen it happen a few times.

But here's the real duzey, here it is 2006 and WebTV has been around for about 12 odd years, changed hands, gone through several incarnations, the most recent of which uses broadband and here we have a high school teacher who fancies himself an internet journalist with the most important story of the last two millennia and he is encumbered by a his WebTV? Are computers really that expensive? Are teachers that poorly paid?

Come on! This sounds just like the Serpo story and the team of hapless, unprepared, ill-equipped and incredibly obtuse "military scientists" sent 37 light years away to shoot snake people with handguns. This story wouldn't be believable if it supposedly happened in 1865.

Leave the thread open forever, but please, let this thing die a natural death. Let it be said that the story collapsed under its own weight. It was unsustainable. It's the biggest load of malarkey I've ever seen, next to...oh, well, I'll leave it to your imagination.

[edit on 2006/2/7 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
And this grand total of 6 minutes or less occurred while he was offline. I'm assuming the Eben Energy Device could have auto-posted for him during that 6 minutes, but Bill wasn't prevented from posting one single second.
[edit on 2-7-2006 by Valhall]

How old are you?

You've written some really great essays the last few pages but I just have to ask you one thing.

Have you been studying Victor's background and the same way you studied Bill's background? What are his beliefs, is he telling the truth? What questions has Victor ignored that could prove this whole story as a hoax?

You see it's all fine and dandy that in your narrow viewed look on the Serpo story you're demanding answers from a man who doesn't even know who you are. You're just one of the users on the internet questioning the Serpo story. What gives you the impression that you deserve any kind of answer when you're pretty much slinging dirt left and right about his beliefs and integrety.

Lets assume that Serpo is true. Would Bill's beliefs and past life from 1953 all the way to present day have anything to do with Serpo?

My point is, where are you getting at? Are you trying to prove Serpo is a hoax by making us belief just cause he ignored *removed, sorry* you Serpo is a hoax?

Treat people like you'd want to be treated and I bet you'd gotten a whole lot further with Bill.

[edit on 7/2/06 by Tricky4u]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   

the biggest load of malarkey I've ever seen, next to...oh, well, I'll leave it to your imagination.

next to Battle Field Earth? with Travolta?

[edit on 7-2-2006 by waffleprime]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tricky4u
How old are you?

You've written some really great essays the last few pages but I just have to ask you one thing.

Whoa dude dont go there

MOD EDIT: to remove big quote

[edit on 7-2-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tricky4uAre you trying to prove Serpo is a hoax by making us belief just cause he ignored a little snotface like you Serpo is a hoax?

Valhall may be many things, but she long ago outgrew the "snotface" stage.

Treat people like you'd want to be treated and I bet you'd gotten a whole lot further with Bill.

That goes for you, too, although I do agree that Bill Ryan needn't endure more than he can bear here, but that's what happens when you get in the middle of something like this. You make a valid point, but Bill Ryan would not be an issue if the story was credible. In fact, he would be nearly invisible if the story was credible.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   

How old are you?

Well i believe you to be one of the most offencive people i have ever seen on this board. you do not even deserve acknologing, but i had too.

Also do you know Bill, or are related to him? Or are you Bill himself?

In your last line, you say 'treat others as you wish to be treated' well way to set the example.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by picklewalsh]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tricky4u Are you trying to prove Serpo is a hoax by making us belief just cause he ignored a little snotface like you Serpo is a hoax?

Everybody run for cover.

Yet another serpite attempting to discredit the folks who brought this nonsense to a halt.

In all seriousness, Tricky, I for one am grateful for your contribution to this discussion as well as the ATS boards in general. Your posts have been a source of information and many have been enlightening. I remember when you joined... it seems like it was only about 2 weeks ago... oh, it was.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Thanks for the warning, I expected nothing less here.

The post by Valhall was just childish, but I'm sure I'm the only person here willing to point it out.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
no tricky you weren't. there were a whole bunch of folks just like you. oddly, when bill ran and hid, most of them seemed to have left too.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Thanks for the warning, I expected nothing less here.

The post by Valhall was just childish, but I'm sure I'm the only person here willing to point it out.

Well, you certainly were able to become very childish yourself with the name-calling. Of course now, in typical "I didn't do it " style...it's certainly not your fault.

How about conducting your conversations like a grown up and avoid sinking to that level? You could try owning up to your actions too. That is always helpful.

Carry on.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Well, you certainly were able to become very childish yourself with the name-calling. Of course now, in typical "I didn't do it " style...it's certainly not your fault.

How about conducting your conversations like a grown up and avoid sinking to that level? You could try owning up to your actions too. That is always helpful.

Carry on.

I agree that the snotface part was uncalled for, but I just got back from nightshift and I'm a little tired. Let me explain my reasoning.

My point is that people are very fast with jumping to conclusions here and the way Valhall is preaching her stance doesn't make it any easier.

Yes he's not willing to share the IP's, even if that offends some people. Does that really prove the story is a hoax or is just a normal human reaction to being offended?

People are treating Bill like he's on some kind of trial here, as if he's anon and refuses to tell the rest of the story. We're in no position to demand anything, even if that means you think that proves it's a hoax.

He doesn't have to answer anything. He was invited here and there's 225 pages of proof that he tried his best to answer hundreds of questions.

Anyways, it's late and I'm off to bed.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Hal9000:

hey comrade,

the thingy I was talking about was at the bottom of all of our posts there are those three buttons: Profile, Find Posts, and Send u2u, yes??

When I click on the Find Posts button, it takes me to a page with a list of links to every single post that person has ever made here on ATS, and when they made it.

pretty nifty little tool, actually...

anyway, when I try to use that tool for the posts made on This thread, it does indeed list all the post said person made (and when they made them) but each and every link for This thread goes staright to page one, and not to the actual post in question...

links to posts on Other threads work just fine...

The search tool is groovy and all, but only if you know what you're searching for, which usually isn't me *shrugs* I just want to know what You said (or Centrist, or Bill, and WHEN) ergo the Find Posts button... only it doesn't seem to be working properly right now *sighs*

--general ramblings--

As far as ATS being an asphalt playground goes *laughs* Ya, sure, it's Real... but would anybody want it any other way? I've felt welcome here since day one and have been kicking myself repeatedly for not finding this place sooner (used to be an sdc guy *rolls eyes* now There's a sandbox for the kiddies to go play in *smirks*)

The post count thing CAN be intimidating, I guess... if you happen to be afraid of big numbers. The admin, mod, and expert tags can also be a bit spooky, too, if you have something to hide, something to prove, or are afraid of your freedom. (I think bill might have been guilty of all three of those things)

I've bumped heads with all of those people (big post numbers, admins, mods and experts) and they all seem to be just that: People.

duty calls
rock on
twj

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I see what your saying, yeah it doesn't work to well. I thought you were talking about the ATS search, when I recommended to click on the link to the post ID.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

How old are you?

I'm old. I'm so old I'm almost to the point I can hide my own easter eggs. You have to give old people the benefit of the doubt that their yashoodna muscle is getting worn out and doesn't always catch all the yashoodna's it used to. What's your point, sonny?
*shmack shmack shmack* *sigh*

Have you been studying Victor's background and the same way you studied Bill's background? What are his beliefs, is he telling the truth? What questions has Victor ignored that could prove this whole story as a hoax?

These are fair - actually they're downright good - questions and yes I have. Actually, when we first started talking about Serpo near the end of last year is when I dedicated a lot of research into Victor. I found out that Victor just has a bunch of email lists of varying topics (he has a political email list, he has an odds and ends list (which he calls rif-raf list) and he has the ufo list. I researched him fully actually. Including the erroneous insinuation that he was Victor Stone. I found out how that mis-id happened. And I found that Victor really doesn't have ANY dirty. He's really kind of boring in the big - oh my gawd look at this arena.

But in answering that I would like to say that the time I spent on researching Bill was brought on by himself. I guess the way to put it is

Bill Ryan proved why a defense lawyer's last resort is to allow his client on the witness stand!

Bill's mouth is what got me looking into him. He said too much - and so much he couldn't keep up with it.

You see it's all fine and dandy that in your narrow viewed look on the Serpo story you're demanding answers from a man who doesn't even know who you are. You're just one of the users on the internet questioning the Serpo story. What gives you the impression that you deserve any kind of answer when you're pretty much slinging dirt left and right about his beliefs and integrety.

This is what gives me the impression I have the right to demand the truth - because that's the proper way the universe should run...that's why. And aside from that, anyone who places themselves in a position which claims it is producing credible information inherently (whether they are too ignorant to realize it or not) places themselves in a position to require backing up their claims.

Dan Rather learned that lately as well.

top topics

<< 236  237  238    240  241  242 >>

join