It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 236
<< 233  234  235    237  238  239 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Military Voice Who Saw Roswell Photos, "Ebens," and Area 51 "Anti-Gravity." Report upcoming.

Looks like Linda Howe is going to discuss a report she has about someone who apparently saw the "Ebens".

Im just about Ebened out, my friend emailed and said she heard the new Harry Potter Movie would be called "Harry Potter And The Serpents Of Serpo" , I went back to drinking \_/..

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hello All,

Let me tell you SERPO is REAL!

Real FUN that is! I am so greatful that SERPO happened because it brought all of you into my life! The thought, the learning, the mental twists, and intrigue! I can't wait for the next chapter.

As a new member: I'm here, not going anywhere. I feel welcome and will speak my piece when I think I can be constructive. So thanks!

Thanks to you all! S.O., Val, Mr. Ryan too, to the believers and the non-believers, skeptics, and those too many to mention!

I have a question for you! What if somewhere in this story is a kernel of truth? Stage one you get the idea out, what would you expect/want to see next?

John

Edit to add: P.S. Victor does seem to believe his original anon is/was real deal right?

[edit on 7-2-2006 by CasualOne]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It will be the best Harry Potter yet.

I would still like to make My Serpo movie if anyones interested

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix

The bottom line then is THAT EITHER VICTOR IS IN FACT NOT TELLING THE TRUTH AS WELL about reading or even looking at the Serpo.org website or that in fact Victor never gave any reponse to Bill Ryan in regards to searching for the 2% or Bill Ryan again lied to me about Victor response and method by which he was going to get Bill that information.

Like I said who do you really know is telling the truth.

robertfenix,

I started picking up on this during last nights discussion. Victor pointed out specifically in e-mails he did not visit the ATS site but never told me specifically he didn't go to the serpo site.

Now, I don't know what they do in LA but here each student and teacher is issued a computer with access to the net.

Perhaps both are telling a part of the truth to benefit themselves?
Perhaps the pair have been playing good guy/bad guy where whenever one fails the other steps up? (hard to belive about Victor but.....?)

NEW PEOPLE: Welcome! Thought on posting: People are not afraid to fly, they are afraid to fall. So don't be afraid to fly, and don't worry about falling here since it's not that far!

[edit on 7-2-2006 by garyo1954]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
What if Serpo is a story/plant with key "triggers" built in to activate all Scientologist's and Ron's Org members to spew forth their garbage upon the unsuspecting UFO community.

You know, kinda like how the intelligence community looks for triggers inside of Osama's chit-chats.

I think Bill drew the diagram while looking at the thermostat in his B&B in Switzerland. Hey, isn't this where the Billy Mier stuff originated?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasualOne
Hello All,

Let me tell you SERPO is REAL!

Real FUN that is! I am so greatful that SERPO happened because it brought all of you into my life! The thought, the learning, the mental twists, and intrigue! I can't wait for the next chapter.

As a new member: I'm here, not going anywhere. I feel welcome and will speak my piece when I think I can be constructive. So thanks!

Thanks to you all! S.O., Val, Mr. Ryan too, to the believers and the non-believers, skeptics, and those too many to mention!

I have a question for you! What if somewhere in this story is a kernel of truth? Stage one you get the idea out, what would you expect/want to see next?

John

Awww bless you Casualone lets all have a group hug

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
Those new members are never going to become an integral part of the ATS community so you shouldn't be surprised when management asks "where are they now?"

Well I can't speak for all the other new members, but I like it here and I think I'll stay.
Ya'll have done a fine job. Lots of logical reasoning here, rather than the standard skeptic camp who won't ever believe, gullible cook camp where everything's a ufo. Open-minded skeptics. I like that.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fred_S
It will be the best Harry Potter yet.

I would still like to make My Serpo movie if anyones interested

I'll volunteer to play 308, the sympathetic, DOA, semi-cloned Archquloid, pilot even if it not a speaking part.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Not speaking for the owners but it was painfully obvious that a majority of the new members were here for the sole purpose of driving the serpo conversation. It seemed, at times, as if many of these new members were split into two camps and whenever the conversation was directed at a major issue (ip stuff for example) camp one would come and apologize for the member(s) trying to get an answer from Bill. Then another group would come in and bring up an inconsistency that really was meaningless in comparison to the more obivous flaws in the story. Suddenly, Bill would show up and respond to one or two of the posts and the glaring issue was a page or two behind and, effectively, forgotten for the time being.

Bingo! I watched it happen repeatedly. And one glaring instance was a member specifically asking about the verification of the IP issue. Bill Ryan was online when that question was asked. He remained on line for about 1/2 hour after it was posted, but Bill stopped posting to the thread. Then he dropped off and came back the next day. During the night a plethora of the nonsensical *what color socks do you wear* questions got posted and Bill came back on and began answering every one of those questions starting with the one immediately past the IP question. So not only did he skip it - he blatantly ignored it.

I'm so glad somebody else picked up on this.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Val, I applaud all the time and effort you put into this

But you messed up a perfectly good fairy tale. Just when i was getting over the Santa Claus isnt real business, .......

Lets keep fighting for truth and justice and the ATS way!!! Superman was real, wasnt he?

Peace, and you're one heck of a woman!!!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Having recently revisited ATS I skipped over this thread with mild interest not reading much of it nor indeed much into it.

I had no intention of getting involved or posting But seeing this image posted on serpo.org made me laugh aloud.

I just fitted one of These
in my hallway
not exactly that one but you get the picture.

I suspect the Eben object could be a scanned paper template (the template used to mark the holes for drilling) or a hand drawn copy of a smoke detector. It has opposing mounting holes because its meant ceiling mounted like this example.

Smoke detectors by the way are probably fitted in 90% of homes in the western world, I suspect our hoaxer does'nt get out much.

Oh and this tickled me too

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I think we have a general agreement that the "Ebenobject" drawing is a smoking gun in favor of a hoax.

Close but no cigar

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
He remained on line for about 1/2 hour after it was posted, but Bill stopped posting to the thread. Then he dropped off and came back the next day. During the night a plethora of the nonsensical *what color socks do you wear* questions got posted and Bill came back on and began answering every one of those questions starting with the one immediately past the IP question. So not only did he skip it - he blatantly ignored it.

Hi Val - I believe you're talking about my posts, because I remember that night and my frustration with Bill. I'm too exhausted at the moment to search back for my posts... But I remember there were a few others asking the same exact question at the time as well. I do remember that when I realized he had logged off without responding, I asked the same question about comparing IP's once or twice more over the next day or two. And again, no answer - but I did notice all of those Serpo-related questions which he was quick to answer. At the time I thought it was pretty strange, but no one else really made an issue about it at the time, so I assumed SOMEONE from ATS was working with Bill in the background on verifying the source and just didn't want to talk about it in the forum, so I let the issue rest...

Thankfully YOU came along and pursued the issue again, and finally got the answer once and for all...

-rdube02

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

It drove me nuts. It was why I kept bringing up the same 13 /12 crew member issue. While I know Bill would not be able to answer that question (unless he was anon....) I knew it would be forgotten if it wasn't constantly brought up. He never mentioned the inconsistency. You did it with the IP issue.

I'm actualy surprised we haven't had more "I'm here" type posts from some of the more suspicious of the recent joiners. Pleas note, I am not accusing any of the ones posting here - some are on my list of serpo steerers and some are not but the truth is, they can't steer it unless this beast doesn't start to decay so the point is now moot. the only reason it still pops up is because it was an annoying attempt at diversion.

And Val, one of these days I'm going back thru this whole mess, jotting down my favorite valisms. Your quite quotable when you get your panties in a bunch.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Is the story that we all failed to come together as a community, at least initially. Allow me to illustrate:

--> "Technical deep dives" on data, while required, seemed to distract Bill from releasing information by requiring him to answer more and more technical questions, which Bill should not be able to answer in any event.

--> Challenges to the authenticity of the information, while legitimate and standard practice, seemed to override the need to allow the information to continue to flow and prohibited the open thoughts and exchange dialogue between the supplier of the information and the consumers and evaluators of that information. Certainly, the entire technical and legitimacy question could have been moved off-thread into a locked technical discussion forum (Research, for example) and the more senior and experienced members of ATS could have vetted key details, there, without needlessly cluttering the primary thread.

--> The conflicting data and the supporting data were mixed hopelessly, and had not a proper stage to appear and present themselves accordingly, without being hopelessly intertwined.

All in all, we came together in the end, but Serpo could have been kept to a minimum size and the content therein kept to a minimal flow if many of the moderators and advanced members of the forums had put their efforts into a parallel thread, perhaps?

Conclusion - Mine ... Who Wins and Who Loses?

(1) The phenomenon? SERPO and ATS Win! This is as real as it gets, folks. Thanks to ATS for bringing this experience to us.

(2) The information/disinformation campaign? ATS wins. Fair or not, BR is one person with 24 hours (hypothetical) at his disposal. We are many, and our hours and multiplied 100-fold. There was no way that in the face of so many challenges to the authenticity, or just the methodology behind the data release chain, that BR would hold up. I do see some glaring inconsistencies, but they would never be completely vetted because of the sheer opposition Bill faced. An idea: How about a rebuttal thread, where just Bill is allowed to post his responses to the most challenging questions, once and for all? As this is Akin to a Trial, we need to give him the proper forum and audience for this response, I would say.

(3) Serpo As a Real Thing? Winner: SERPO! There is nothing that I see in any technical, scientific or philosophical discussion in these 230+ pages that describe, with a preponderance of the evidence, that this information could not be viewed as a possible existence of Extraterrestrials or Aliens or Ebens or Serpo itself. Nothing. This debate could last thousands of pages, and I firmly believe for every position to the contrary, a factual, reasonable and logical statement could be put forth that would affirm Serpo plausibility. It's just that way with this kind of thing. Even if it's mean to deceive, like in the horror flick Saw (and Saw II), every angle would have been thought out before hand. So, real or not, Serpo gets my benefit of the doubt here.

In the future, perhaps we as a community has has interest (whether to debunk, or to believe, whatever our nature) will come together more efficiently with more insight and better experience to avoid a 230+ page slaughterfest that, in the end, benefits no one but the skeptics.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Noticed and noted here. Bill would answer some but not the hard questions. At first, I thought he was answering as he was catching up, then I noticed he was ignoring Val.

I also enjoyed his playing "first person who speaks loses." Another salesmans gimmick. (You lay out your pitch and wait for the answer.)

In this case if you continued to ask, you were hounding, harassing, or being inconsiderate of all the time and effort he was going through to answer these questions.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherHoax
I just fitted one of These
in my hallway
not exactly that one but you get the picture.

NOW! I believe it! Thanks for that picture. It's perfect! Opposing mounting holes and all!

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I'm actualy surprised we haven't had more "I'm here" type posts from some of the more suspicious of the recent joiners.

Maybe they've been recalled to their original packaging?

I like that this one comes with a microphone. I think this must be the model that use to conduct his exchanges with Bill.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Great post NextLevel.

I agree that a more organized approach should be taken, but at what point do the mods know that a thread will become the phenomenon this one has? At 1000 posts? 100 pages? It seems the thread grew faster than organization could've been implemented.

Best case scenario:

When a thread gets to predetermined size, a special forum or subforum is created (Like the Short Story forum in Creative Writing) with different threads created by the mods via pulling out messages on similar topics from the "large thread." Personally, I think this would've been more handy than a "Summary," but as they say hindsight is 20/20.

Again the problem is figuring out when to do that so you don't have a lot of little sub-fora floating around in the pool.

I'd also like to point out that the Serpo story isn't over. Maybe it's not too late to break this thread into little easy to manage pieces.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Isn't that the doggy they use on the "Bad Credit Auto Finance" commercials?! Looks just like him. What's the name of that operation? "Everybody deserves a second chance" is their motto, Sigmond Freud would be proud.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by proserpinfrmr
where are the recently registered ryan-apologists now?

yyzzyy?

eben?

unplugged?

whiterabbit29

alien hunter

futureafter

anyone?

bueller? - - - - - bueller? - - - - - bueller?

i hear the sound of silence.

Well for whats it worth I happen to have been at work something some of us have to do unfortunately!

I don't remember ever apologizing for Bill Ryan my main point was that I thought we should hold our horses untill we were completely sure what was going on and to make sure we weren't making a big mistake! It seems now from what I have read from some of the more experienced posters, that there was a lot more going on behind the scenes than was known by the majority of people here, and I don't think piping in with your to cents after all this is known acting like you knew everything all along is helping anybody IMO

I was becoming slightly suspicious of what was happening here with posts being removed with reference to Bills comments, and members being banned for supporting Bil that I felt there was something more to it which of course was true but it seems I possibly had hold of the wrong end of the stick as it were!

F.A.O OF SO/SPRINGER

I will say, and its not something I am ashamed of, that I have joined up to the other forum which Bill Ryan is now posting for the simple reason of trying to see both sides of the coin I am still interested in what Bill has to say in all this!

Bill has asked for any questions to be put to him on this forum to be passed to him through someone else, so with the permission of the Mods/Owners of this site I would be happy to act as a go between. I'm not posting this to promote this other forum in any way shape or form as I really have nothing to gain by doing so, I just think having the full picture instead of half would be helpful.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Whiterabbit29]

top topics

<< 233  234  235    237  238  239 >>

join