It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 213
<< 210  211  212    214  215  216 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Land Of The Lost

Originally posted by Arm Of Geddon
My personal motto to not get too involved with "groups" seems to pay off. My God. After reading some of the stuff by these Ufers I suddenly feel extremely sane.

I know the feeling.

I'm a formally diagnosed bipolar, used to be a witch (a sorceror, to be precise), have regular contact in my meditations with what I consider to probably be other spirits (if not my own imagination) and am a recently-discredited self-described prophet.

Yet, amid all this, I feel surprisingly well-grounded.

And that's saying a lot.

I've never been big on the “UFO community” because well, just look at it. I don't want to seem like I'm knocking anyone in particular, I'm just saying that the UFO community seems to be more of a dysfunctional extended family than anything coherent.

There are some brilliant people who study UFOs and the question of extraterrestrial life, but they are the glaring exception to the rule.

The problem seems to be that so few “UFOlogists” seem to be willing to insist on truth. They just “want to believe”.

In the absence of skepticism, entrepreneurs and hucksters thrive, and the truth disappears through neglect and disinterest.

Suspending Belief

I'm a professing skeptic who considers it likely that not only does extraterrestrial life exist, but that it's abundant and that intelligent ET's might very well be active in the affairs of this planet. This notion is based on a generalized assessment of all that I know, but none of what I know could be considered proof.

Knowing this, I leave open the very real possibility that I could be absolutely dead wrong.

And at its heart, that's what true skepticism is: acceptance of the fact that we can all be wrong.

Those who dismiss that possibility suffer the consequences: a long, miserable downward spiral into deeper self-deception, all the result of refusing to simply accept the truth of their own fallibility.

The squabbling, finger-pointing, paranoia and social cannibalism that runs rampant in the “UFO community” is what results, and the only thing I can be sure of is that such distractions lead away from, not toward, the truth about UFOs.

Wisdom From Serpo

I see the Serpo saga as a cautionary tale of what can happen when we are not careful to diligently apply skepticism in cases of extraordinary claims.

My hope, however, is that those who may find experiences like these to be frustrating and discouraging will be inspired to adopt the alternative approach of skepticism instead.

It costs nothing other than the willingness to set aside ego in exchange for enlightenment, and if it doesn't satisfy, you can always give it up later.

And that's my opportunistic religious pitch in a nutshell.

Initiation into the “cult of skepticism” is easy.

All you need to do is question everything, and you're in.

Speaking Of Opportunism

Originally posted by waffleprime
so, what wen just went down anyway? I kinda got lost and missed the behind the scenes fun! someone should lay it all down! so the ignorant arn't left stranded on serpo.

Writing up summaries on such a fast-moving thread can be exhausting, so I'm experimenting with podcasts as a way of commenting on stories like this one. After all, I love to talk, and members can listen to my babbling while surfing other threads if they like.

It's sort of like talk radio, and no iPod is required. A computer that can play MP3's will do fine.

Of course, my comments are just my opinions, and my summaries are a bit loose, but if you don't feeling like reading several pages of text, you may want to give them a try:

ATS.X: Project Serpo: Revelation Or Hoax? (Beginning) | (Starting tonight) | (Latest podcast)

This is also a great way to help share Serpo with the blind – although I must question how grateful they would be for that.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   

nothing like a good ol'fashion slugfest to keep the ol'disclosure train a'runnin.

Rev-rund!

One thing I never have understood about the UFO community is the constant bickering and mud slinging among them. I understand that some of these people may be a little thick skinned from all the hoaxes that have come out in the last few years, but c'mon, man...doesn't it seem like a whole helluva lot more relevant research could get done by acting like adults and doing without the personal attacks and sniping?

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   

so, what wen just went down anyway? I kinda got lost and missed the behind the scenes fun! someone should lay it all down! so the ignorant arn't left stranded on serpo.

Not really too much that hasn't been going down for weeks now. Just roll with it and see what kicks up tomorrow. With so many minds at work I'm sure there's a few more days' drama left in this ole thread.

Originally posted by Majic
I know the feeling...
...Yet, amid all this, I feel surprisingly well-grounded.
And that's saying a lot.

Ok, you win. Stop making me feel sane. I love my insanity.

I've never been big on the “UFO community”

Thankfully, as far as I got into the community was reading websites. This thread has really opened my eyes to it. Well, not the thread but the story and links behind it.

And at its heart, that's what true skepticism is: acceptance of the fact that we can all be wrong.

I don't know how many ways I've tried to say that exact thing. But that is the most concise I've heard. I guess I get too philosophical with it.

My hope, however, is that those who may find experiences like these to be frustrating and discouraging will be inspired to adopt the alternative approach of skepticism instead.

That is my hope as well. I also hope that others can experience the true peace of mind that comes with giving up on the things that don't work. Things such as belief, disbelief, and the mind disease otherwise known as the ego. Oh well, everyone learns on their own time. I respect that choice (or lack of choosing) in others simply because each journey is personal. I would never think of taking away their experiences even though their experiences somehow always infringe on others (like me). Still love ya humanity even if you refuse to evolve mentally.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Looks like this thread has been highjacked by one-liner Joes and egg-faced thinktanks. Right on...

Regarding the latest posting of the diagram... It looks to me like Anon is #### with us. With no description or anything attatched with the diagram... Like NextLevel has already mentioned, this is like an Inkblot test... Hell, this whole story is straight out of Rorshach's books.
"See what you want!"-- And some of us apparently have... Wild and ignorant assumptions included.
Im still on the fence- nothing to lose. Some of the emotional types have aparently felt "cheated" over the inconsistencies of the story, and aimed their frustration at undeserving targets.

[edit on 5-2-2006 by Unplugged]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I was not going to post out of fear of being warned for not adding enough, but I decided to add some input.

Could the document containing this picture be published? or does it contain personal information of Anon?

Also, and observation I made (which was probably made by others) is that Eben sounds alot like EBE, or was this intentionally?

I am not sure what to make of that picture, it does look interesting and definitly not something that was drawn in MS paint or anything lol.

Also I am not quite sure what to make of that diagram, I am on the fence on this one, actually have been from the start, but I am leaning towards hoax...

[edit on 2/5/2006 by GrOuNd_ZeRo]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Coming from an ex-draftsmen and current electronic engineer, I can say this drawing is definitely not an electronic schematic. In my opinion, it is nothing. Without any descriptors or dimensions it is meaningless. For all we know it could be a drawing of something that is 100 feet in diameter or it could be the size of a nickel.

My immediate impression of the scanned sketch was that it was either made on a cad program or drafting template, the three pear shaped shetches appeared to be the drafting symbol for a Water Closet ( toilet).

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Val,

I noticed you've been religously going on about the IP's...

There's dynamic and static. Now, are you just assuming Annon has a static IP? Are you just assuming Annon doesn't move around the country inbetween post's?

There's alot of variable's where even a static IP can be changed...

Now unless you undeniably know Annon's location/situation, then please... stfu about IP's. Yes it CAN change for him, but DOES NOT disprove the whole serpo story if it does change, nor does it prove to you or anyone that there's more then one Annon.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Hello

Thank you Bill for posting the update by Anonymous

This diagram is quite intriguing. My only thought for the moment, quite easily deductible, is that what is drawn here is not a craft, a map or something else, but rather an object, relatively small, used by the ebens. The file name was "Ebenobject". I suppose it would have been "Ebencraft" or "Ebenmap" otherwise.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
This image is pretty much useless, it could have been drawn by anybody, take a look at some schematics on google images, they tend to be very complicated.
My concern here is that Anon could have drawn this himself, (I also notice he posted at the weekend again) just prior to posting. In fact the entire volume of information to date could have been created by one person working evenings and weekends.

TO ANONAMOUS; SEVERAL LARGE DATA RELEASES IN QUICK SUCCESION COULD DISPROVE THE HOAX THEORY, COMPLICATED INFO, SCANNED DOCUMENTS, PICS, AUDIO, ANYTHING YOU MUST REALISE YOUR AUDIENCE IS BECOMING INCREASINGLY SKEPTICAL, THE UFO RESEARCH COMMUNITY WILL LEAVE ALL ALONE FOR FEAR OF BEING TAKEN FOR A RIDE, THE CONCENSUS HERE NOW IS THAT THIS IS 80/20 AT BEST. WORRIED ABOUT SHOCKING US?,.. WE'RE GETTING BORED!

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
My burning question of the moment - again.

Why?

Why was this picture disseminated? Why does it have no identification? what is the point of even speculating on it? It's not like anything anyone comes up with on it can be confrimed?

Why was it downloaded, scanned, reformatted and then posted? If it was received via a file that could be downloaded why not just post that?

Also wondering about past info where it was stated that - something to the effect that a document existed which was about 3,000 pages and in someones possession, and that from that 100's of pages would be passed on to a few select people. Did that ever happen? Was it suppossed to have happened by now?

Instead all we have that's new is basically a rendition of an object that no one even knows what it is and is actually being analyzed up the wazoo.

Strikes me as just a distraction. Even if it came from the "anonymous" what is this game?

[edit on 2/5/2006 by Relentless]

[edit on 2/5/2006 by Relentless]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
PWND

Originally posted by Relentless
Even if it came from the "anonymous" what is this game?

Looks like griefing to me.

A little coup de grace, a final twist of the knife for the true believers.

Just a cute little way to say "I PWN U".

Of course, I'm just speculating about all this, but then, so is everyone else.

So my interpretation of this latest move is: PWND.

I continue to think this is a good time to try to better understand how solid Bill Ryan's confidence is in his sources, because this is just plain embarrassing at this point.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Uh right... Ok, less talk about the IP's. Let's say he did lie about the IP's. Let's assume he know's they're different. What's this prove/disprove? Nothing. IP's can and do change and can be spoofed. Now, here we have a site full of anal retentive people who want so badly for the IP's to be different or for him to not have mentioned they're different, and for what purpose? Whatever the answer regarding the IP's, it still does not prove nor disprove diddly. Hell, if I were him I wouldn't even tell you the IP's were different! That's exactly what your frigging waiting for so you can jump on his arse more!

ADMIN EDIT: Removed useless rude abbravo.

[edit on 2-5-2006 by Springer]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Produkt
Uh right... Ok, stfu about the IP's
Rude and out of order..

Let's say he did lie about the IP's. Let's assume he know's they're different. What's this prove/disprove? Nothing. It would prove he lied or didnt lie about how he received info.

That's exactly what your frigging waiting for so you can jump on his arse more!My first post in this thread was the one you responded too.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Transmission Protocol

Originally posted by Produkt
Whatever the answer regarding the IP's, it still does not prove nor disprove diddly.

That's not true. If they match or are in the same subnet or address block, that could very well mean something.

I understand your point about IP addresses. A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I used to be a senior sysadmin for a very large ISP. Believe it or not, some ATSers actually have some idea what they're talking about.

In this case, I don't see the point in trying to discourage members from investigating all leads, and again, I request that you respect their right to do so.

Let's please refrain from pointing fingers at one another and focus on the topic of Serpo, okay?

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bill Ryan
The diagram below was downloaded, printed, and then scanned into a Word program supplied by Anonymous, all precisely as per detailed instructions.

Could you give any more information regarding the above please? When you say 'downloaded', was this downloaded from another location giving to you by Anonymous, or sent as an attachment via email?

What was the file format of the document received?

You also say the Word program was supplied by Anonymous, did you mean the actual program or the document?

Because this created a 4 Mb document and the individual components could easily be accidentally clicked and dragged...

Did this happen as a result of scanning your printed document, i.e. individual components being created as a result of the scan? I would have thought it would have scanned as one complete image.

Sorry for any confusion on my part and thanks in advance

Edit for spelling mistake

[edit on 5-2-2006 by Zep Tepi]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   

My immediate impression of the scanned sketch was that it was either made on a cad program or drafting template, the three pear shaped shetches appeared to be the drafting symbol for a Water Closet ( toilet).

With my architectual background, I must admit I get the same feeling about the diagram given by Anon.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
For what it's worth ...

Bill,

If you received the file as a MS Word document, simply right-click, select properties and it should at least show you the name of the computer the document was authored on. While this may or may not reveal anything substantive, it could possibly provide "some" information lending to, or detracting from, the credibility of it's source/origin. If nothing else it will provide more info than we currently have concenring the "diagram".

Just a thought...

[edit: to add]
i.e. example

It may be rather interesting to see what, if any, information is contained in these fields. Maybe/Maybe not !?

[edit on 2/5/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
That's not true. If they match or are in the same subnet or address block, that could very well mean something.

And if they don't match or one come's from germany, another from japan and yet another from the netherlands? What would that mean? We've got an international hoax going on now?

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Project Serpo is still being finished.... let's wait for the end of the story before we call the ball game over... okay? With that said, I want to say I respect everyone's views and opinions here on ATS... but it would hlp tremendously if we all put some thought into what it is our personal agenda's are here on the posting thread... and if we should even have one.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
wow, i got a 'warning' and points deducted for posting a quote to show Shawnna how she'd got her quotes skewed - , yet a moderator went rogue and slapped a global ignore on Bill, and another moderator just ups and calls Bill a "liar", with no proof at all, just supposition!

Sorry, guys/gals, but why should we respect moderators who can't moderate their own behaviour?

Bad form.

I predicted (yesterday) that more info would be forthcoming if the community acted responsibly and with positive demeanour. I was right, and my hypothesis grows stronger.

Please, let's enable. not disable the flow of information coming from camp anonymous.

[edit on 5-2-2006 by lucianarchy]

top topics

<< 210  211  212    214  215  216 >>

join