It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 204
<< 201  202  203    205  206  207 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

Is this the concensous of all of the mods, admin, and amigos?

No it is not anyones but mine alone. I have explained in board business and questions. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I went rogue and have stired up a big oh hornets nest on my arse.

[edit on 3-2-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The Drywell Incident

Originally posted by Unplugged
After the contact 'confirmed' the Serpo story, he has become unreachable. Not answering to e-mails, etc. Assumed silenced.

This would suggest that the answer to my question would be "no", then.

If so, then I'm potentially left with not a single source from Bill Ryan that can actually be corroborated, which, of course, is the problem with the story overall.

It seems Bill has been put on Global Ignore by ADVISOR which, for the time being anyway, makes discussion of Serpo with him in this forum impossible.

Of course, I have many things I would like to ask Bill, and thus regret that I can't do so for now.

However, I am hopeful he will be able to discuss the issue with the staff (he should still be able to reach them via U2U) and work out a satisfactory arrangement.

In the meantime, though I'm sure some members will disagree with me, further speculation about Serpo seems pointless, in light of the fact that there's nothing to suggest that Serpo isn't a lame prank committed by a semi-literate hoaxer.*

And plenty to suggest that it is.

* And Bill is obviously not semi-literate.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
OK I have remained silent for a while over this...

Indeed it looks like Bill is on global, so that no one can read his posts.

Why?

Check out what you get when you type Serpo + hoax into google....

Look at the first post on godlikeproductions.

Now draw some conclusions as to what is happening in the background...

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

Originally posted by redmage

Is this the concensous of all of the mods, admin, and amigos?

No it is not anyones but mine alone. I have explained in board business and questions. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I went rogue and have stired up a big oh hornets nest on my arse.

Its nice to know Mods can go awoll and then say it was an "accident". How exactly is putting someone on 'Global Ignore' an accident? It must not have been an accident then. That is what we are left to assume with ADVISOR elaborating so little on what happened.

EDIT": Ok, so it was not accidental. Then why did it happen? What did Bill do?

[edit on 3-2-2006 by Unplugged]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I never said anything was accidental, I did that on purpose, of my own accord with out permission or approval.

My actions are mine alone and no one bears responcibility but me. I may have caused trouble for others and for that I apologize.

Explanation here; www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
For what its worth.

I was told by those that contacted me that this is how anonymous is getting his information.

A tape (I was not told if its audio or video) arrives at anonymous' location. He/she then transcribes it verbatim mistakes and all into his email posts which are sent to a ’list’ of receivers which Bill Ryan is apart of.

I’m sorry I can not tell you who told me this but will say the name is infamous in ufo community circles as well as the supposed organization he belongs to.

With the amount of major players behind this thing. I'd like to offer this piece of advice. "Trust No One" Investigate investigate investigate.

Nightshade 09

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Something smells funny here all the sudden. What's ADVISOR talking about and how the hell did Mr. Ryan get put on GI. Why not just fix it and post the correction in the same thread? What's with the "witch hunt" post? What am I missing here, Bill hasn't even posted in a while.

Peace

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
I may have caused trouble for others and for that I apologize.

Hey Advisor. Ya done good. Sooner or later this thing will end up that way anyway. There are more people on this thread watching with baited breath who think its a bunch of dogbert snot. Anyway, I don't think it was trouble for anyone except the polite and politically correct. my $.02

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I am new here so i don't know anything about forum politics. However it looks like ADVISOR has been set up as some kind of patsty. I am guessing that Bill Ryan is suspended because of the post by Martin Poulter on the BBC board. Quite rightly too in my view.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Great...another "Hey, Im Anonymous!" incident.
I still dont know exactly what tha hell is happening. Anyone care to explain in something resembling detail, please?

EDIT: lol @ post below.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I am also seeing ADVISOR as the fall guy because I'm totlly freakin' lost and I'm drunk off my arse to boot!

Peace

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I haven't been following the serpo stuff, I shrugged it off early on. But Ive been doing a little digging recently.

Anyways, see what anyone thinks of this, if anything.

The WHOIS info for serpo.org says it goes back to 2005-11-18

serpo.org says information started coming on the 2nd I believe. Well some nut, or bot, or whoever, I dont know is spamming the original serpo post on the 8th. thats before serpo.org starts.

Anyways, every post starts off the same:

Subject: Two UFO Crashes. Nov. 8, 2005.

Here is some information that has come my way. I
don't know if is true or not but it make for a good
story.

Thanks Bi-l,
Sounds like this exchange program ties in with the
movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind." Thanks!
Love, Ste-e

On Thursday, November 3, 2005, at 10:54 AM, William

Ham-lton wrote:

It then follows with the original serpo.org post.

Here are some examples
Link
Another
Yet another

You can see them all by going to this google link:
Link

I dont understand this guy, but he seems to talk to himself.

Here is a post from November 2nd, the day "Serpo" stuff starts.

My name is John F. Winston and I have been posting to
the Net for quite a few years. At the present time I am
retired and 64 years old, (JW Todays date in Nov. 1,
2005 and I'm 73 years young). I worked as an electronic
technician and electronics instructor. I have had some
mystical experiences on the sides of Mt. Shasta and
since that time I have been led to find a lot of things
about ESP, UFOs and other strange things. I will attempt
to answer all postive questions that are sent my way.

Anyways, all this guy seems to do is spread articles like wild fire. Just search for his email address (find it yourself in one of the google threads)

You find him linked to thousands or articles and stories.

What does this have to do with anything? I dont know. But that guy spamming the story on groups seems a bit weird. 24 different groups actually.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Im under 30 points so I don't know how this global ignore business works. I can still read Ryan's posts and I don't see any red flags next to his name or anything. So my guess is he was temporarily on GI during the rogue incident. Somebody correct me if this is not the case

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Tales Of Ribaldry

Netchicken, thanks for the link.

It seems there is more to this tawdry tale than meets the eye.

"Oooooh, delicious!"

[edit on 2/3/2006 by Majic]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogberts not
Im under 30 points so I don't know how this global ignore business works. I can still read Ryan's posts and I don't see any red flags next to his name or anything. So my guess is he was temporarily on GI during the rogue incident. Somebody correct me if this is not the case

Yes, the GI was reversed by the culprit. Everything is fine now.

That guy that Dulcimer is reffering to is interesting... a old retired guy, spreading the Serpo story all over the place as it comes out. Pprobably just a UFO enthusiast, that likes spreading UFO related material enthusiastically.

EDIT: *Looks down* Ah, clarity. Hopefully my post will be the last concerning the "episode". Back on track now, kiddies.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
We had a misunderstanding of an internal discussion regarding the possibilities of issues we've been considering. Among the issues is restricting this thread until some of the long-promised evidence is finally offered.

We're not there yet, which is where the confusion came from, but such an action is still "on the table" for near-future consideration of we remain in a "holding pattern".

So... nothing more to see here... move along.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Indeed I suspect there is much more happening in the background that are ever posted in this thread. Every now and then through indescretions like this we get a glimpse of the issues.

Originally posted by Majic
Netchicken, thanks for the link.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
We had a misunderstanding of an internal discussion regarding the possibilities of issues we've been considering. Among the issues is restricting this thread until some of the long-promised evidence is finally offered.

I'm in no condition to come even close to understanding that, but if you say so boss man.

I'm going nighty-night now, but I shall return tomorrow with all my faculties!

Peace

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Let's stay on "Serpo Topic" please.

This is a, Big Thread after all.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Colonel Of Truth

Originally posted by Bill Ryan
This information, reported verbatim below, was supplied to Bill Ryan personally by an active duty Air Force Lieutenant Colonel assigned to the Pentagon.

4. Do you have direct, personal contact with this source?

Hi, Majic –

The "Colonel of Truth" made my day

I know my source's real name and e-mail. He checks out and is as straight as a die. When I asked if I could post his e-mail publicly, and whether he wished his name withheld, he replied:

You can post this to your site but just say it came from an active duty Air Force
Lieutenant Colonel assigned to the Pentagon. The original infomation came from a retired
Air Force Colonel, who worked in Air Force Intelligence for 33 years.

Prior to the e-mail in question, I'd been in correspondence with him about various minor matters (a little like the Q+A on this thread). He was pleasant and courteous and intelligent, was interested in the story and was doing bits of his own research. I'd had four e-mails from him between 22 November and 1 December inclusive. The one about the AF Col (ret) was sent on 2 December.

Despite my several e-mails since then asking for further information if at all possible (one of which requested that I might meet or otherwise establish direct communication with the AF Col (ret) myself under any conditions of confidentiality or security he might specify), he has not replied.

I'm assuming that he's been ordered not to respond to any mails on this subject, and because he's a serving officer he has no choice but to comply. But I don't know this for a fact... because I've not heard from him.

Best, Bill

new topics

top topics

<< 201  202  203    205  206  207 >>

join