It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 146
<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Wow... a day away from the computer and hundreds of posts to catch up with....

OK, right now I think that many of us are repeating critiques and defenses of the Serpo information. In particular, we seem to keep repeating the scenario where someone finds an apparent contradiction and then someone else argues that it isn't a contradiction from Team Leader's standpoint... or where an error in the text seems to not fit... only to have someone else point out that, with what we have, we can't do a real textual analysis.

Ultimately... what we have is a situation where no side can completely defeat the other (despite what the mods may be leaning towards). Only more information -- particularly scans of original documents and photos -- can really push the debate forward.

But, as for the latest 'contradictions' that people have pointed out:

1. I think the apparent contradiction between the issue of whether or not TL authorized the use of 308's body has more to do with the way he wrote his journals. Specifically, he seems to be beginning Serpo.org post 13b by writing about the decision he just made (to let the Ebens have the body)... after which he summarizes the events that led up to his having to make that decision. In other words, I think his log could be summed up as:
"Today I authorized the Ebens to use 308's body. Earlier we had a near crisis over the issue of the body..."

2.The issue of contradictions in Eben philosophy: To be frank, we have no serious accounts of what this is. The initial posts were just summaries... not verbatim reports. So... there is yet no real contradiction. Let's say that I pointed out that nearly 2 billion people believe in a figure named Jesus who preached a pacifist philosophy. Later on I state that the earth is almost always involve din war. Am I contradicting myself?

3.The science issue: This keeps coming up... and it really shouldn't. The Ebens, as aliens, should perceive reality differently than us and, because of that, they'll describe it differently. They have, simply put, a different scinetific culture/tradition. The guy who argued that this was a fake because the Ebens didn't 'know Einstein' was making as much sense as a guy who might claim that Japan doesn't exist because its musicians didn't play Mozart until the 1880s.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I told 518 and 420 to go back, obtain our handguns and come back ASAP.

To me this is the most laughable statement I have ever heard. There are 12 or 13 humans on a planet 37 light years from earth surrounded by 650,000 Ebens and they're going to start a war over a dead crew member? It would make more sense to use the handguns for a mass suicide. Besides that, handgun was not a very common term in the military of that time, if ever. Sidearm, weapon, .45--any of these terms would have been more likely.

"Plan 9 from Outer Space" made more sense than this crock.

[edit on 2006/1/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
"Plan 9 from Outer Space" made more sense than this crock.

Hubbard and Wood... birds of a feather.

Hubbard's fiction work is riddled with little errors like that. He never did any reseach, just hammered out his stories as fast as he could.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Well Grady...

The Team Leader may only have been trying to intimidate the Eben leader by rattling sabers (or .45s as it were) when he ordered his people to get the guns. He may also have felt that they were in immediate personal danger... or he may have just been acting rash.

But, beyond that, the 'handgun' question is interesting. Do all military branches only use the term 'sidearm' in their official documents/logs? Does the Air Force, for instance, always refer to 'sidearms' instead of 'handguns'? If Team Leader was an Air Force officer who had spent his whole life as a scientist... he might not always use the right words for small arms.

And... do 'sidearms' always refer to pistols? The Team Leader may have mentioned 'handguns' to differentiate them from the rifles.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
BTW...

One contradiction that I noticed was that the team members that go to the cloning lab are not the ones Team Leader intended to send there. Now... some may say that this is a fatal flaw... but I still think that, because we don't know how the text is laid out, it isn't. After all... Team Leader may have changed his mind, the narrative could have skipped, or two entries could have been mashed together.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Also...

Has anyone else wondered if the latest postings are transcripts of oral interviews? I'm beginning to wonder if the opening paragraphs of each log are the original, written log while the rest of the text is from a later interview on earth... one where Team Leader has been hypnotized.

I am not an expert on hypnosis, but his manner of speech sounds similar to that of people who are under it.

I believe Bill Ryan suggested that these might be audio debriefings earlier.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Heard sidearms referred to as General Custers, but will refrain from issues on gun and terms of endearments.

This is my rifle
This is my gun
This is for fighting
This is for fun......

'nuff said?????

On topic: It would appear a change of direction in what is released cannot change the basic facts that were laid out in the beginning. I think a fresh look at the serpo site is needed.

The home page states:

"When sending information to Victor Martinez, Anonymous wrote 85% of the material; another 13% came from another source directly connected with the project; and the final 1-2% came from a "ghost," who canceled his e-mail account as soon as he sent his information. It is not yet known whether this pattern will continue."

Anyone else read this?

I'm wondering how that works. Is this an execise in compiling where someone sends his notes to someone else who adds and forwards and sends it to the eventual storyteller?

Victor if you are reading this, you would not be giving away relevant info if you would explain that statement. I'm not asking you to total the 100%, just asking how this is all being compiled before we see it. At what point was ll this combined into what we are seeing here?

Bill, a question for you as well......are you often given material prior to release and asked to embargo it until a certain time/date or until a go ahead is received?

And would it go against your promise to tell us you have current info that is embargoed at this time that you are continueing to withhold?

[edit on 29-1-2006 by garyo1954]

[edit on 29-1-2006 by garyo1954]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Here's the thing...

Let’s presume (as many have indicated) that there are two Serpo accounts, the “sanitized” version presented to Victor’s group and the “mad Eben scientist” version delivered directly to Bill Ryan. As one compares the two accounts, it can be interpreted that the former has a more official tone to it, whereas the latter is more personal in nature. It appears (as has been suggested) that we are reviewing a “tale of two diaries” - the commander’s “for-the-record” journal and his private “off-the-record” account.

This may account for the personnel discrepancy (13 member crew) I noted earlier . The “sanitized” version would turn a blind eye to the death and dismemberment of 308. For the record, the Serpo away team would be classified as 12 and the commander’s official journal would reflect that “fact”. Since 308 was DOA, it would not be difficult to mask his existence over the 13 year period. Although the gender makeup is in dispute, a 12 person crew is confirmed by independent sources (Gene Loscowski, Paul McGovern & other’s with names withheld). These same sources have yet to comment as to the existence and treatment of crewman 308 (assuming they had access to the “off-the-record” account).

Just a thought...

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Thoughts are that we, this world of humans is going to the stars one way or another. It is pretty obvious that our government is soliciting our participation if one examines the list of publicly displayed proposal papers that NASA has funded research on below. Maybe not light speed research yet but in the right direction. All the rest is meaningless ranting until we see proof. I think our government is suffering from some kind of massive socio-cultural schitzophrenia with dozens of multiple personalities. So I challenge the presenters of the Serpo story for well, you know.

Here are two very quick exercises in what is real:

First, I looked up Serpo Project at the DIA.mil website. Believe it or not the last link in a search results page of useless info links was an 11 plus meg pdf file called ufo1.pdf. I downloaded it and it like everything else in this little episode neither proved nor disproved the Serpo accounts. It was essentially 140 copied pages of unclassified X-files type pages (half of which could not be read) on UFO observation reports from the fifties and sixties. I did not read any accounts about Serpo, but then I did not read all the files. Why the document was found using the word Serpo, I do not know, but it should add to the evidence of DIA involvement in some way. It is filled with the writing language of that period if anyone needs a period reference.

Second little tidbit: I did a search on the NIAC (NASA Institute for Advanced Concepts) website www.niac.usra.edu... I found a number of references to various anti-proton and anti-matter storage and propulsion systems (all within the last 6 or 7 years) and a number of funded studies on various other types of propulsion. These are papers from universities that the NIAC solicits every year on ways to improve space exploration. I am still sifting through these papers and as I am not a scientist or mathematician, I thought some of the scientific types on this thread could comment.

Enabling Exploration of Deep Space: High Density Storage of
Antimatter.

Pulsed Plasma Power Generation.

ANTIPROTON DRIVEN MAGNETICALLY INSULATED
INERTIAL CONFINEMENT FUSION (MICF)
PROPULSION SYSTEM.

Primary Propulsion for Piloted Deep Space Exploration.

High-Acceleration Micro-Scale Laser Sails for Interstellar Propulsion.
Scalable Flat-Panel Nano-Particle Propulsion Technology for Space Exploration in the 21st Century.

Ultrafast Laser-Driven Plasma for Space Propulsion.
Mini-Magnetospheric Plasma Propulsion, M2P2.

You guys can find these and other papers at the NIAC site.

dogheadedone

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Only think I can add additional here is that either 700 or 754 were female........so I added it to the chart.

(no number) Commander (Male)
102 (Male)
203 Weapons Duties (Security?)
225 13th Crew Member?
308 DOA (Male)
420 Linguist (Male)
475 (Male)
633 Scientist or Pilot (Male)
661 Scientist or Pilot
*700 Doctor (possible female)
*754 Doctor (possible female)
899 Weapons Duties (Male) (Security?)

*One Doctor was female

I also notice 518 getting the assignments dealing with radiation and air quality.......a clue to his field should be in the fact the crew laughed at his statement of their breathing regular air......

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
You know what would be hilarious. The Ebens sit back and wait till the gov pulls their fake alien invasion. Then come in behind them with the real thing. I would love to see some UFO dogfights. Please keep it below light speed though so I can keep up.

(I do hope it's obvious to the reader that I'm aware of all the "flaws" thus far and I'm just entertaining the idea of disclosure and following it to it's illogical conclusion given all the circumstancial evidence surrounding the "alien" question. Some people are very attached to their belief or disbelief. I have no such attachment to this concept of "belief".)

Here's a question for everyone. If our reactions are being gauged, what reaction do you think they are looking for?

Oh, here's a funny thought I read on this thread or something. The Ebens want our planet and have went about creating global warming to make Earth warmer for them. The gov had to come up with some plausible explanation so people didn't become suspicious. Viola, we now have CFCs. That's Cloroflorocarbons if I remember right. I remember we used to have 'duck and cover' drills for CFC alerts. Scary days, but somehow we made it through. Something like that sticks with you though and to this day I'm scared of hairspray.

Darn my tangentalistic ways. Back to topic. Here's another funny thought I read somewhere. The anti-smoking campaign is an Eben inspired agenda. The gov has to go along with it. I don't know, think it has something to do with humans not being tasty if they smoke. Our battle cry shall be "Smoke 'em if you get 'em".

Then there's the flouride in the water. Probably the "chemical" that TL tasted in the water. It's poison to humans but their bodies make good use of it.

One last question for everyone. Are you, personally, ready for actual disclosure? Pretend for a minute that it's happened. Pretend that everyone knows of an alien presense by overwhelming proof. We often get complacent with the ideas because we see them all the time. But what about everyone else? Humans deserve disclosure but do they want it? Edit: Are we ready for the reactions of people not so primed to the subject?

[edit on 1/30/2006 by Arm Of Geddon]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Some more comments/observations:

1)You know... there's a possibility that, in the first 'journal' entry we were provided with, that the Team Leader refered to himself in the third person. Yes, I know that's unlikely, but it's possible.

2)It would help, a lot, if Anon could give Bill a 'master list' of what crewmembers filled what jobs. The list I put together was based on my own observations... and, though I'm certain we've correctly identified the doctors, security guys, and linguist... I feel like we still have no idea what to make of the others.

3) I think that the promised pictures (and/or scans of the original docs) need to go up on Serpo.org pretty soon. If they don't even the people who have been playing devil's advocate and defending the possibility that this might be real will have to bail.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles
to jump on him for the use of the term 'handgun' is pointless. that just reflects the way he speaks or writes.

You're missing my main point, the point is that I highly doubt that the group would be allowed to take firearms on space mission and the fact that "saber-rattling" on a alien planet is a good as a death sentence. It make no sense, at all, and besides, it still is unlikely that even if they were stupid enough to kill a few Ebens 37 light years from home with no means to get back, that they would have used the term handgun.

Get my drift.

[edit on 2006/1/30 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
AOG said:
"On last question for everyone. Are you, personally, ready for actual disclosure? Pretend for a minute that it's happened. Pretend that everyone knows of an alien presense by overwhelming proof. We often get complacent with the ideas because we see them all the time. But what about everyone else? Humans deserve disclosure but do they want it?"

Well, I guess I have really long term memories of being in the third grade when the teacher spent a lot of time teaching only as fast as the slowest kid. Gawd that was boring. Personally, I am looking forward to talking to my super-xwave-microwave replacement and saying: "tea, earl-gray, hot".

dogheadedone

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Grady,

You're forgetting that, according to the story, they actually DID use their guns on occassion... specifically when dealing with the animals on Serpo.

The guns weren't just there for fighting Ebens, they were there for general security reasons.

Also... we have to remember that Team Leader may have simply felt threatened in that situation. Sure, in the end, the Ebens would have won any conflict... but do you really think the crew would have been ok with sitting their and just letting the Ebens dice them up?

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I just finished reading Rick Doty's book Exempt from Disclosure. I heard him on Coast to Coast AM with Bill and would like to know what his thoughts are now. Rick, if your watching, care to share?

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dogberts not

AOG said:
...Are you, personally, ready for actual disclosure?...

Well, I guess I have really long term memories of being in the third grade when the teacher spent a lot of time teaching only as fast as the slowest kid. Gawd that was boring. Personally, I am looking forward to talking to my super-xwave-microwave replacement and saying: "tea, earl-gray, hot".

It does seem like humanity is riding the short bus to Evolution Academy. I'm sure there's a big sign at the edge of our solar system that says "Caution: Slow Humans".

I can just see the ensuing panic when Suzie walks out of Abercrombie to see a mile wide UFO hovering above the city. And then she tries her cellphone only to find out it's dead. She runs to her car to find out it's dead. Now you have a pampered sack of fear hormones ready to go off. Now multiply this by 300 million and that's just the states. Screw the aliens. I'm going to need a bunker just to get away from the people.

Can I have my earl-gray without the 'Gray'?

[edit on 1/30/2006 by Arm Of Geddon]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
AOG: Just spell it with an e. The color grey is a mix of all colors.

Independence day, w/war of the worlds w/lron's bfield earth OR Contact w/KPAX.

One always has in the back of his mind 160,000 aliens dying because their adopted home Sun is generating high radiation levels and causing infertility so they naturally think of Earth as new home sweet home to be. Heck, based on the cloning thing alone, we are probably already surrounded!

dogheadedone.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
is dead guys, he can't defend his writings.....i enjoyed battlefield earth which was quite good science fiction, far better than the movie which was still ok. And far better s/f than serpo saga also lol.I DON'T SEE 308 AS DEAD, I SEE HIM AS ASSIMILATED INTO HUNDREDS OF EBEN/HUMAN HYBRIDS. i wonder if you could order your 308 clone in a variety of styles and colours crossed with many differing intelligent beings from across the cosmos. just choose from the selection in our "being bowls".

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dogberts not
AOG: Just spell it with an e. The color grey is a mix of all colors.

Well dag nab it. Is the accepted spelling of the alien, "Gray" or "Grey"? I guess they solved that for me by providing us with "Eben". But for life of me I can't think of any retarded jokes with "eben" in it. Ok wait, my brain is coming up with something. Why are they called the Ebens? Because Eben here for a long time.

Heck, based on the cloning thing alone, we are probably already surrounded!

Look out! He's got his probe! Don't point that thing at me! And don't point that thing at my planet!

new topics

top topics

<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>

join