It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 139
<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
its a hoax

"We had a serious problem. How do we explain our science to an alien entity, who doesn't know Einstein, Kepler or any of the other scientists of our time. Simple mathematics, seems so foreign to them. "
from here

you're telling me that a civilisation capable of faster than light travel doesnt understand basic maths?

secondly - compare these new writings to say, the dialog of say, the Apollo astronauts.
Notice the complete lack of scientific or engineering jargon. and the way it is written - its like a bunch of boy scouts on a day trip.

its a hoax.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
I personally think the posts that came up by january are more than likely made by another person that is NOT anon, reason behind this is the way it was written defies from the other writing style too much, mayb this was made up by someone who had interest in killing interest in SERPO and that we would all dismiss this as a hoax and go on...

IMO the other posts sounded alot more credible...just my 0.02...

Of course it's different... It's not anon writing anymore, they are journal entries... i mean if you don't agree with the validity of the tale.. then that's fine.. but use your head when downplaying it.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
There are literally tribes of the Amazon. Where to look directly into their eyes as you two talk in their culture is tanamount to inviting them combat. Many a missionary discovered that mistake LOL

Each culture here on earth have their own 'taboos' and cultural norms that conflict with anothers.

That is why here on Earth in our history when two cultures met each other it was and still is a very dangerous and senstive time. Because your literally both encountering for a lack of a better term "Aliens" to your respective culture.

When the Native Americans for example encountered the English at Georgetown. The Native Americans and English obeserved each other for weeks from a far. Before they formally meet each other face to face. In essence "checked each other out" before risking 'Contact."

Now where are the Serpo team their first day in the smack dab middle of Alien culture, (and to the EBE the humans were the Aliens) and they are supposedly all sitting down in "Chow" Hall having brunch. Please nothing of the sort whould happen. Even if that Alien culture was 'advanced'. There would be some peroid of 'getting to know each other' 'checking each other out' 'scoping each other out for possible danger' BEFORE any contact!

The only place 'First Contact' happens as fast AC discribes are in Science Fiction. Real live first contact (according to the history on this earth and therefore a good estimation of what First Contact "Out There" would be like) has always been a dangerous time and sad to say very often resulted in cultural misunderstanding at first.

Nightshade 09

Originally posted by redmage

That is a possibility, but the key phrase there was "A violent gesture in any culture on earth", and I would add that's it's more insulting than violent "here on earth"; It's not like he took a swing at him.

Who's to say wether or not a handshake is a far more violent/insulting gesture on their planet?

We can't make assumptions like this.

Originally posted by Nightshade09
Their leader would have been a dominate (an Alpha) of their society he wouldn't be that much concerned over the 'feelings' of his foreign guests. His primary concern would be for A. The safety of his community and B. Maintaining a dominate position in his communications with his guests in short showing them 'whose the boss' here.

Really? How many ebens have you met to make these judgements on how their "alpha" would deem it nescessary to act?

Do you think their "alpha" might consider the pointing as "all show" for the earthling's comandees?

Do you think that their "alpha" thought for a second that these helpless, unadvanced, stranded earthlings ever really presented a real threat (since there was a whole 11-12 of them on the whole planet)?

On our own planet, in some cultures, extending your right hand in greeting is an insult (that's your "wiping" hand
) in others it's an insult if you don't belch during your meal.

You can't assume culture is the same in another country, let alone on another planet.

[edit on 1/29/06 by redmage]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by netron
its a hoax

"We had a serious problem. How do we explain our science to an alien entity, who doesn't know Einstein, Kepler or any of the other scientists of our time. Simple mathematics, seems so foreign to them. "
from here

you're telling me that a civilisation capable of faster than light travel doesnt understand basic maths?

secondly - compare these new writings to say, the dialog of say, the Apollo astronauts.
Notice the complete lack of scientific or engineering jargon. and the way it is written - its like a bunch of boy scouts on a day trip.

its a hoax.

Doesn't understand basic Earth math... i bet you couldn't even go to an Asian country that doesn't use english based mathematical numerics and catch on in the first minutes... and barely understanding their language as well. Have you ever looked at Mayan math systems? Do you realize that the way you learned something is not the only way to translate something?
These posts are driving me nuts...

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I think 9 months on a ship... and months of preperation... plus the Ebens already being comfortable with alien races that come and go from their planet... would explain why they were invited to the lunch hall... it's like what you would do if you were a very friendly person and had lots of friends... well you just be yourself when you invite a new one over.

[edit on 29-1-2006 by dgoodpasture]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgoodpasture

its a hoax

from here

its a hoax.

Doesn't understand basic Earth math... i bet you couldn't even go to an Asian country that doesn't use english based mathematical numerics and catch on in the first minutes... and barely understanding their language as well. Have you ever looked at Mayan math systems? Do you realize that the way you learned something is not the only way to translate something?
These posts are driving me nuts...

Maths is universal. base 2, base 10, base 16 - its universal.

and last time i checked, Asian countries use base 10. so your argument is ridiculous.

as are these posts from "anon". its a hoax.

and until i see hard evidence, thats what i'll think - its a complete fabrication and a hoax. nothing more.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Bill Ryan of London is a Science Fiction writer

Hi Val,

I just wonder, with hindsight, was this the correct method to use in authenticating Bill Ryan's identity?

This question could have been asked in a personal u2u, I'm sure Mr Ryan would have given details for you or any of the senior admin staff at ATS to carry out an idenentity confirmation which could have been relayed to the members had anyone questioned his ID.

IMHO this has just caused embarrassment for Mr Ryan who has for a second time had to deliver private details to a public forum. It has also fed the already suspicious with further ammunition to attack SERPO and Bill Ryan, I just think that this is a regrettable mis-calculation and could have been handled so much better.

Regards

J

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   
They stated that they had other visitors as well and those apparently also roamed the chow hall. If you look at the species they were cloning it's probably safe to assume that they met plenty of other "alien" races. They probably had their own government disclosure a couple 100.000 years ago and are used to the idea of aliens.

Stop being so narrow minded and think a little larger and stop comparing it to human evolution.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Wow, what has happened with this thread. I didn't look at it for 4 days and yet there are 30 pages more!!! And now the name of the thread has been changed to Project Serpo a Hoax?

Is it worth to look at the new 30 pages or is Serpo indeed a Hoax?

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
here's the training the team supposedly got:
1. Introduction to Space Exploration (taught by NASA personnel);
2. Astronomy, identification of stars, use of telescopes and general astrophysics;
3. Eben anthropology (information received from Ebe #1);
4. Eben History (basic information received from Ebe #1);
5. U.S. Army Field Medical Training (trauma care). This was given to the non-medical personnel on the Team;
6. High Altitude training – parachute and weightless/zero oxygen environment training;
7. Survival, escape and evasion training;
8. Basic weapons and explosive training (six pounds of C-4 [Composition-4] was taken);
science.howstuffworks.com...
9. Psychological Operations Training and anti-interrogation preparation;
10. Small Unit Tactical Training (Mini 4-week U.S. Army Ranger Course);
11. Intelligence Gathering Course;
12. Space Geology – collection methods and use of specialized geological equipment;
13. Physical Stress Training;
14. Methods to cope with confinement/isolation;
15. Nurtrition course;
16. Equipment use training;
17. Individual speciality training;
18. Basic Biology;
19. Other training which is still considered extremely highly classified even after 40 years [1965 - 2005].

for all that training, there's not a scientific phrase or engineering/military jargon word in sight in the most recent posts. where's the experiments and sampling tasks? where's the meteorology and climate analysis? where's the scientific analysis of the biology on the planet, such as the microbiology?

dont you think that you'd kind of want to wear a sealed pressure suit for a few days, just in case alien microbes would infect you and kill the entire team within a few days? i see no lab work , in terms of figuring out if there ARE microbes on the planet - nor do i see any vaccination tests on the humans to determine if they are resistant to diseases or not.

and thats just the start of it.

sorry -all that and lot more would have been covered by a highly trained astronaut - this just reads like some amateur science fiction novel.

now - dig up the dialog with mission control of the Apollo astronauts - their speech is just littered with scientific and NASA jargon - precisely because of their training. and compare it to this "serpo" stuff.

does not compute - therefore - its a hoax.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
And you know that math is universal because you've been around the universe right? Have you got an rocks from Serpo that i can look at please? Do you know about Tesla? He said if you know 3's, 6's, and 9's then the universe is yours. So maybe someone's math is different because they know this and have evolved so far that they have set up an outpost with the purpose of having a completely new culture that is based on perfection. And by the way... all math systems are not the same. Does anyone here have the brains to call Serpo a hoax? Or just fingers and a mouth?

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Good point.

Yes indeed those on the ship with the Serpo team would be accustomed with the humans. Yet, those in the Chow Hall, those on streets of EBE villages, the common folk if you will. Would have not ever seen a human before. Their reaction would be curiousity maybe even shock.

Yet by AC's account their reaction was akin to "hoe hum". Not even a turned head or long long glance. Their [EBE] reaction was very near indifference!

This is highly un natural even for a Alien culture.

Nightshade 09

I think 9 months on a ship... and months of preperation... plus the Ebens already being comfortable with alien races that come and go from their planet... would explain why they were invited to the lunch hall... it's like what you would do if you were a very friendly person and had lots of friends... well you just be yourself when you invite a new one over.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   

And you know that math is universal because you've been around the universe right? Have you got an rocks from Serpo that i can look at please? Do you know about Tesla? He said if you know 3's, 6's, and 9's then the universe is yours. So maybe someone's math is different because they know this and have evolved so far that they have set up an outpost with the purpose of having a completely new culture that is based on perfection. And by the way... all math systems are not the same. Does anyone here have the brains to call Serpo a hoax? Or just fingers and a mouth?

oh right. in "alien" maths 1+1=5

silly me.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
"This is highly unnatural, even for an alien culture."

And you make this statement on the premises that you have been to numerous alien cultures? A population of some 650,00 Ebens on a planet... where alien contact is known... and aliens roam about freely with Ebens... Some did stare at the humans... naturally! Where are you getting your ideas from? Does anyone here screaming hoax make any sense to anyone other than themselves? Think about that before you type...

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bill Ryan
Folks:

Just got in from dinner out and I can see that you're (largely) unhappy with the recent releases. I understand that. I've not had a good day, either. I need to say a few things and then it's up to each of you to choose whether to believe me or not.

1) I'm not a science fiction writer. Whomever someone dug up is not me. Check it out, please, before starting wild rumors. That's a serious request because that kind of mud tends to stick and it's actually not at all fair if the accusation is not true. I would be personally grateful if someone could look into it and show that that person is not me.

My personal details:
Full name: William James Vincent Ryan
Date of birth: 23 February 1953
Current address: Bristol, England – previously (for many years) in Scotland.
You already have my photo online.

Good enough for me, Bill. And I don't think us looking at any paths that seem way too coincidental on this thing is muddying the water. I think it's being cautious and showing due diligence.

Some one mentioned me u2u'ing you with that information, but that is actually not a very efficient manner in which to get this point resolved since I'd be the only one who read your response and then the next person who found the same information on the other Bill Ryan would be wondering the same thing...like I had for an entire week now.

When some one is being straight up, they ought to be able to just respond with clarification on anything that raises doubt.

And you did. Thanks.

[edit on 1-29-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   

oh right. in "alien" maths 1+1=5

silly me.

I just realized that there aren't many people on this board anymore that can think for themselves... thank you... one guy yells hoax and the sheep follow... one guy makes a good point and the herd turns again. Who said 1+1 = 5 anyway... can someone talk with me that can use their head... so we can really get somewhere on this. I'm interested now.. .especially since everyone is screaming hoax based on false assumptions and fabricated data... like saying they know the universal laws of alien culture.. etc.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by exsmokingman
people here are still making excuses...
...well i'll be a 2 HEADED DOGCLONE!

Hi Ex,

I doubt even Bill Ryan is making excuses for the awful literary work of the SERPO story, we can only attempt to make sense of what we have. It's called interpretation; you take out what you can and rationalise the content, context and the writer's portrayal of the story.

Remember that the writer has asked Bill not to change anything, no corrections whatsover. Why? IMHO there must be something very significant attached to the written word or style.

Whether this is a hoax or not, someone or some group is going to a lot of trouble to put this story out to believers and non-believers alike, remember ATS deals with conspiracies and is not a ufology site; disseminating information to get to the truth is what we do here at ATS. I believe that's what we are all doing, just some more pointedly and impolitely than others.

I say just chill and enjoy the read, whether you believe or not, afterall this IS just a work of fiction until proved otherwise. So put your feet up, pour yourself a cold one and have a ciggy!!

Best Wishes

J

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
What difference does it make even if this is or not true, the likes of us common people will never get to meet Aliens, they will dine with A-List people. I think aliens are out there but out of my reach, am just another sheep in the big field.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
If you know what it takes to meet an alien... if you know you have to gt on the A-list... then stop accepting that you're just another sheep and shoot for the stars... literally my friend.

In peace and love.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
on a side-note, I had lamb-chops for, dinner...somebody better give bill ryan the nobel, or else I think theres gonna be some sort of world revolution.

new topics

top topics

<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join