It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 136
<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by uplanderYou know, there is one thing about the Serpo website that strikes me as weird - who set that thing up? You know, it had to be an amateur web designer, as in a self taught person. It is horribly put together and almost impossible to discern a timeline from it. That tool bar thing with the comments and updates thing really bugs me.

So maybe Bill or whomever should hire someone to help him with this new fangled idea of the internet and come up with a believeable website that would be a little more convincing. It really doesn't take too much to make a good website, lots of tutorials and such around - for free too.

Ok, so just because the website isn't as fancy as you'd like it to be, you're less likely to believe the content? Actually, for me the reverse is the case. If I began seeing nifty Macromedia Flash banners swinging from outta nowhere and cool lil _javascript tricks then it would make me a lot less likely to believe. The "hand-made" feel of the website sits a lot more comfortably with me personally. Just like I prefer a gritty *real* musician who can actually play guitar, not have pre-programmed synthesizers and sequencers back their every chord.

My feeling on this new material, is that I still support it. I've read pages of people bagging it because of the writing style. The writing style is fine with me. The story is fine with me. The content is fine with me. I'm looking forward to the next installment.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Yes, it's really a question of do we want:

1. The Real, Uncut, original version of the story

or:

2. The "Wal-Mart" sanitized version...

I'd hate to think what Wal-Mart would do to this Serpo mess.

-Sanctum1972

Originally posted by Jedi_Master
Well...Bill...

That's the problem I have with this whole "story"...

is that what we were told earlier was sanitized information according to a disclosure policy active or agreed at the time. There are several indications that this has changed and this story is now going somewhere else pretty fast.

Usually when I see "stories" chaingeing the facts like the amount of tonnage on the flight, and the amount of deaths. This is a red flag to me as to this "story" being false...

Two other people Paul and Gene it seems have conflicting accounts of the deaths...

No offence...but your enthusiasm with this IMHO is suspect...

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   

They took all 308s blood, that was without my approval. I wrote about that in log 3888. We had a very tense situation with the Ebens about that. When we traveled to the building housing 308s body, we were confronted by several Ebens. Ebe1 showed up and I explained that we wanted the body of 308.

Since it's so obvious I guess there's no harm in still playing devil's advocate?

"They took all 308s blood, that was without my approval. I wrote about that in log 3888. We had a very tense situation with the Ebens about that."
--End Log Entry--

--Log Entry 3888 start--
"When we traveled to the building housing 308s body, we were confronted by several Ebens. Ebe1 showed up and I explained that we wanted the body of 308."

That's just reading it one time. I'll check it out again later.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
Once again, these broke the norm of the 1st 11 pieces of information and were sent directly to Bill Ryan.

That leads me to believe that these are from a hoaxer - no matter what what Bill feels. The posted information took a turn for the "Wow thats bull" as soon as the info was being sent directly to Bill.

It's my understanding that the list is not entirely secret and some random people know the E-mail addresses on the list. It's not hard to make an email appear to be coming from any email address. If you want proof, I can send an email that appears to be coming GeorgeBush@whitehouse.gov.

So, I'd take 12, 13a, and 13b with a grain of salt since they went against the norm set by the prior 11 pieces of information. In a story this incredible, its up to the story teller to make the audience believe it (if it is in fact true). By creating an established message of information release, the story teller makes it nearly impossible for someone else to "steal his thunder" and derail his story by posing as him.

Think about it - if your son was at college and would email you directly and ask for your credit card #, you would feel safe knowing that it was him if that is how it had been done previously. However, if suddenly your son has his friend send an email, you wouldn't feel comfortable. It would go against established protocol.

The way these last 3 pieces of information have been released go against the method of release established in the first 11. And, as I said before - in a story where the entire goal is to get people to believe, it doesn't make sense to break routine.

My 2 cents.

Not sure the rules on quoting yourself, but I think this is a valid point I have here that was overlooked on page 134.

If the story was true, 12, 13a, and 13b could very well be disinformation since they go against the established protocol. Or, they could simply be someone trying to derail everything for kicks.

I do believe this is a hoax, however.

Originally posted by Arm Of Geddon

They took all 308s blood, that was without my approval. I wrote about that in log 3888. We had a very tense situation with the Ebens about that. When we traveled to the building housing 308s body, we were confronted by several Ebens. Ebe1 showed up and I explained that we wanted the body of 308.

Since it's so obvious I guess there's no harm in still playing devil's advocate?

"They took all 308s blood, that was without my approval. I wrote about that in log 3888. We had a very tense situation with the Ebens about that."
--End Log Entry--

--Log Entry 3888 start--
"When we traveled to the building housing 308s body, we were confronted by several Ebens. Ebe1 showed up and I explained that we wanted the body of 308."

That's just reading it one time. I'll check it out again later.

Interesting point, but then it would have made sense for "Anon" to have broke them down as such instead of clumping them together. It is the same journal entry.

[edit on 28-1-2006 by Cutwolf]

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I have that book which I got at Borders bookstore about a littler over a year ago, the Gormenghast but have not had the chance to read it yet but I do know that it's one of the finest literature around prior to JRR Tolkein's Lord of the Rings.

You can actually take that further. Let's use SILUS and OTTO - this gives you TITUS SOLO, aka Titus Alone which is part of a truly great fictional story: Gormenghast by Mervyn Peake.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
can someone tell me where to find what your talking about ? jfk and the exchange. i am still knew and haven't had the chance to even skim a quarter of what there is to read. thanks for help lala

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
www.serpo.org...

This website is the subject of this thread.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
Ok, so just because the website isn't as fancy as you'd like it to be, you're less likely to believe the content? Actually, for me the reverse is the case. If I began seeing nifty Macromedia Flash banners swinging from outta nowhere and cool lil __javascript tricks then it would make me a lot less likely to believe. The "hand-made" feel of the website sits a lot more comfortably with me personally. Just like I prefer a gritty *real* musician who can actually play guitar, not have pre-programmed synthesizers and sequencers back their every chord.

I totally see your point. I think maybe I should reword this for me to be more clear.

I guess all I am saying is that if I had such an important and vast amount of information to share (that was true, mind you) I would present it in a clear and precise way so that there would be no question about the message.

The way it is now leaves a lot to be desired in the way of clear delivery.

I will say, however, it was not the site design that made me doubt this story.

You can believe or not, that's totally your call, as can I.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
To Moderators or anyone,

Pardon my errors in quoting since I should've quoted after, not before. I'll remember to do that next time. Hope you all understand.

Thanks

-Sanctum1972

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by rdube02

Originally posted by Bill Ryan
They took all 308s blood, that was without my approval. I wrote about that in log 3888. We had a very tense situation with the Ebens about that. When we traveled to the building housing 308s body, we were confronted by several Ebens.

I'm not one to try to disprove this whole thing - however I hit this one line and my heart went in my throat. It's a writer's faux pas. The flashback from hell.

Amateur writers do this - they start in the present tense, then mention something in the past, and then the rest of the story takes place in the past.

Take a close look at this last journal entry. He starts off writing THE CURRENT DAY'S journal entry. Then mentions how they took all of 308's blood without his approval which he ALREADY wrote in log 3888. Then he proceeds to write the entire event ALL OVER AGAIN - which is an event that had been covered in log 3888....why write it all over again?

I'll tell you why - because we haven't read log 3888 yet - so the person writing this for us, felt the need to write it all over again.

*sigh* - I'm terribly disappointed....

-rdube02

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by serpiansurfer
It appears that almost everyone Stanton Friedman included is in agreement that this latest Serpo posting has put the final nail in Serpos coffin and discredited it beyond all reasonable doubt. Therefore it seems sensible to begin disscussing who the hoaxer is www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, if we're in that phase now, I guess I could share this info I found on the 20th. I'm not implying anything, just sharing.

Bill Ryan of London is a Science Fiction writer

www.locusmag.com...
www.amazon.com...

Please note on second one Ray Bradbury was involved in that one.

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

All typos are uncorrected.

What about facts?

754 warns us to keep covered from sun radiation. 754 says radiation levels are high. Doesn't sound very good to me. This reminds me of Nevada. 1956, during one of the atomic bomb testing. We had hot weather and we had to worry about the radiation from the atomic blasts.

There were no tests in Nevada in 1956; all tests were done in the Pacific under the operation name Redwing.

Gallery Of U.S. Atmospheric Tests

Operation Redwing

Another Source

What about the pictures?

We're still waiting for the pictures right?

link   

Originally posted by Sanctum1972
Why do you think I suggested Bruce Campbell for the role of Team Leader for?

4)I don't know about you guys, but I want to know if EBE2 and Team Leader get it on under the hot Reticulan suns one 'night' and I hope Anon keeps posting simply for this reason....

This is my artists recreation. I think that yes they will hook up!

This is from the movie Starman. The last post reminded me of this movie , and look a few minor adjustments and its Serpo! Enjoy!

link   
Here’s the thing...

All of the following personnel have been mentioned in Anon’s recent postings. To expand upon onlyinmydreams original observation, it now appears we have a thirteenth team member! Perhaps “Roy Neary” from CEOTTK was a last-minute addition to the crew after all.

(no number) Commander (Male)
102 (Male)
203 Weapons Duties (Security?)
225 13th Crew Member?
308 DOA (Male)
420 Linguist (Male)
475 (Male)
633 Scientist or Pilot (Male)
661 Scientist or Pilot
700 Doctor
754 Doctor
899 Weapons Duties (Male) (Security?)

I do find it unnerving we are now stuck with an odd number!

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   

The problem with that is...if we sent an amateur to do a very demanding and top secret job, it would'nt be professionally well handled. To be honest, if the exchange really took place which I think Serpo is probably a major exaggeration of, the 12 crewmen/women would have to be in their 30s to 40s and be seasoned professionals, not young twenty-somethings with huge hormones.
I suspect the Team Leader is the oldest one of the bunch with the most experience with capacity to make mature decisions.

I agree with this. What I'm saying is the team leader is not a professional author. Maybe not even an english major. He is a leader of a team of humans on another world. A person in an unbelieveable situation. Because he is falling prey to an amatuer mistake in the way he makes jounal entries does not blow the lid off by a long shot. Rdube02 spotted a common mistake made by non professional writers. Big Deal. How does that proof the material and it's message is in any way more false?

I think Rdupe02 is trying to claim some kind of "I killed Serpo" title. I don't see that. There is much more to this info than just grading the journal entries like book reports from an eighth grader!!!

Lets concentrate more on the contents of what is being relayed, rather than in the manner that it's relayed. Anon needs to share log 3888 with us now. Lets see if it actually depicts the same events. If it did, would that bolster credibility of Serpo???? I think so.

It's gonna take a lot more than a forum member pointing out that the team leader isn't writing journals like a professional journal writer for me to just abandon the whole thing and label it a Hoax.

[edit on 1/29/2006 by Jeddyhi]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeddyhi
Rdube02 spotted a common mistake made by non professional writers. Big Deal. How does that proof the material and it's message is in any more false? I think Rdupe02 is trying to claim some kind of "I killed Serpo" title. I don't see that.

I'm not claiming anything - I just made the observation, SkepticOverlord made the call. The grammer and writing style have nothing to do with it. It has to do with the realism of the journal entry. He messed up - I tried to explain it the best I could, if you can't see it - well...maybe the pictures will suddenly show up and it won't matter anymore. lol

-rdube02

[edit on 29-1-2006 by rdube02]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Hmmmmmm

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

All typos are uncorrected.

What about facts?

754 warns us to keep covered from sun radiation. 754 says radiation levels are high. Doesn't sound very good to me. This reminds me of Nevada. 1956, during one of the atomic bomb testing. We had hot weather and we had to worry about the radiation from the atomic blasts.

There were no tests in Nevada in 1956; all tests were done in the Pacific under the operation name Redwing.

www.shundahai.org...
January 18, 1956/ Nevada/ Surface/

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
So RDube is now our equivalent of Jacques Derrida???

Now... to make the above joke clear, Derrida was a french philosopher who introduced the concept of 'deconstructionsim' into intellectual discourse. Though this philosophical movement sputtered into a lot of inane, useless things when it came to political/ethical issues... it still is a major influence in literature and -- of high importance for this situation -- the literature of anthropology.

Basically, ol' Jacques argued that you had to take apart everything someone says and look at the conditions that made them say it.... while keeping in mind that the very same person was constructing an argument/work of art/military log, etc based on their incomplete worldview. To cut to the chase.... this means that whenever you analyze a text you have to take apart the elements that went into it and consider it not as a whole... but as a sum of parts.

Now... looking at the Serpo story... there is nothing, so far, that screams fraud to anyone who claims to be a skilled writer. This is because all of the 'smoking gun' observations have UTTERLY FAILED to take into consideration the forces that went into the 'construction' of this story. They have also failed to try to comperehend the psychology of the writer... and how he probably laid out his original text.

Let me be blunt... we are not looking at the original journal entries. We are looking at the entries as transcribed by Anon that were sent to Bill Ryan... and that were, in turn, posted on his website. Think about that. Think about how basic text in such a situation is going to get moved out of place. Think about how 'Team Leader' might have TITLED an entry with the main theme of the day and then went on to describe those events. If such an entry was typed out and then emailed... wouldn't the original format always get lost????

Seriously, guys, all of this supposedly 'scholarly' debunkment is completely amateur. All of the negative analysis I have seen, so far, has completely missed issues regarding point of view, errors in textual transmission, and any attempt to really analyze the material. This is just another ATS exercise in seeing who can make assertions with the loudest voice.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Am I the only one who is still questioning the validity of 12, 13a, 13b, and whether or not they even came from someone who has knowledge of the Serpo project?

As I have repeatedly stated, it makes absolutely no sense for "Anon" to begin going against established protocol and releasing directly to Bill Ryan.

The list has been made public before (didn't someone get banned for it?). There is no reason that someone couldn't have saw the email addresses and used an email address spoofer to send false information.

I could send someone an E-mail from GeorgeBush@whitehouse.gov if they want proof of just how easy it is to spoof an email address.

[edit on 29-1-2006 by Cutwolf]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman

Why do you think I suggested Bruce Campbell for the role of Team Leader for?

4)I don't know about you guys, but I want to know if EBE2 and Team Leader get it on under the hot Reticulan suns one 'night' and I hope Anon keeps posting simply for this reason....

This is my artists recreation. I think that yes they will hook up!

This is from the movie Starman. The last post reminded me of this movie , and look a few minor adjustments and its Serpo! Enjoy!

lol. But would he have the traditional Ash chainsaw on his arm?

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

www.shundahai.org...
January 18, 1956/ Nevada/ Surface/

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
" Is it HOT WEATHER there in January?" - Um_gazz

The way I read that part was that he was relating that in Nevada it was hot and he also had to worry about radiation. Not that he meant it was hot at the time of the Test.

top topics

<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join