It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 135
<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I'd love to see Journal 3888 posted. This latest post could be compared for consistencies in the handling of the entire affair. Bring on post 3888, Anon!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rdube02

Originally posted by thirddensity
Being that we haven't read the preious journal entry, we don't know what is said.

Yes, but the WRITER doesn't know YOU haven't read his journal entry! Unless of course the writer of this journal entry is making this up, and there IS no REAL previous journal entry and he knows it. That's the point....

Exactly, the journal is written for an audience that the writer knows has not seen previous entries.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I know I've only made one post on ATS prior to this, and I'm fairly new, but I have a question.

Is it possible that these postings are from the commander's own journal, and not the "official" one? It might explain a lot. It would explain why he doesn't always sound official, and why he mentions his home and family. AND most importantly why he does the flashback. He states that he already wrote about it in a previous "log" and gives the number. None of these entries have been associated with a "log number." Maybe he didn't previously mention the incident in his personal journal, so he was recounting it for that reason.
I've done similar... Recounting things from my past in my diary. (yes- sometimes years later)

I have read this whole thread and all the serpo entries, so if this has already been mentioned and I missed it, I apologize.

I wanted to add that it is likely that if he did keep a private journal, it would have been confiscated at the time of return... which would be why it is included in the report.

[edit on 28-1-2006 by concerned citizen]

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Amateur writers do this - they start in the present tense, then mention something in the past, and then the rest of the story takes place in the past.

Would not the Leader of the team qualify for amateur status? He is military after all. With that being said, his "amateur" mistake is acceptable. Who knows, the journal could be full of them. I'm more interested in the message itself. Is this just the beginning of some real good info finally?

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
There were no tests in Nevada in 1956; all tests were done in the Pacific under the operation name Redwing.

First of all, I just want to say that I think the whole thing is a crock, as I outlined in this thread and it didn't take me three or four months of looking for a tense error to come to that conclusion.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But, I would like to say that there were 18 above-ground nuclear tests in Nevada in 1955 and slipping up by a single year doesn't really seem like a "smoking gun." I am reminded of the film "The Royal Tenenbaums" in which the "genius" student of Bill Murray's character, Raleigh St. Clair, walks up to the rust bucket gypsy cab and annouces something on the order of, "This cab has a dent in it."

Or, perhaps, my saying, "Look! This car is missing a hub cap."

[edit on 2006/1/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Being that we haven't read the preious journal entry, we don't know what is said.

Yes, but the WRITER doesn't know YOU haven't read his journal entry! Unless of course the writer of this journal entry is making this up, and there IS no REAL previous journal entry and he knows it. That's the point....

Think about it - do you mention in a journal entry today, that you wrote a journal entry on monday about a date you went on. Then do you re-write the entire episode all over again in your present entry? We're not talking about re-hashing feelings, we're talking about re-writing the entire episode all over again. What's the point of making a duplicate entry?

-rdube02

[edit on 28-1-2006 by rdube02]

You bring up a good point. So let me ask you this. In 40 years or so, if my grandkids were to read my journal are they going to think my life is a hoax because I repeated things? Because untill you brought this up, I never thought about anyone else reading it. I only write in it to write.

The only reason I ask is because I'd hate for my future generations to think that I was pure fiction because I didn't take any college classes explaining how to write "properly".

With all due respect, your theory on the writing analysis making this a hoax is pure speculation.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   

The only reason I ask is because I'd hate for my future generations to think that I was pure fiction because I didn't take any college classes explaining how to write "properly".

I agree, but when you're dealing with a team of the best "military scientists," they would have had to have taken a college class to learn how to write properly, because you can't get out of college without taking such a course, but I do agree that finding arcane factual and grammatical errors to disprove a story that has as many wholes in it as this one does is just plain silly.

[edit on 2006/1/28 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
ok here is a link to the nuclear test in 1956. Suprise...looks like there was a test in Nevada???!!!

link

Smoking gun ?? I dont see it. Im looking for ways to not believe this, but there are a lot of things happening here that are tying up with the big picture. One observation and now everything is a smoking gun? Does anyone have information to share that they are holding back? Maybe we all need to be put in the picture.

Simon

[edit on 28-1-2006 by simon_alex0327]

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   

You bring up a good point. So let me ask you this. In 40 years or so, if my grandkids were to read my journal are they going to think my life is a hoax because I repeated things? Because untill you brought this up, I never thought about anyone else reading it. I only write in it to write.

Would you write in your journal, say after eighteen months, that you didn't have steps to your kitchen but a ramp? Would you explain what type of car you were driving or what means of transportation you took? No you wouldn't, because you wrote about it eighteen months ago, and don't need to explain it again. Unless of course you were writing to a new audience. One that has not seen previous entries to your journal. The writer knows the audience has not seen previous journal entries, because they have not been posted yet. The author knows this and is writing the entry with this in mind.

It may be hard to see, but it is a dead give away.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
First of all, I just want to say that I think the whole thing is a crock, as I outlined in this thread and it didn't take me three or four months of looking for a tense error to come to that conclusion.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't know if a post made yesterday really gives you the right to "toot your own horn" about it not taking you three or for months, but maybe you mistakingly linked the wrong post.

But, I would like to say that there were 18 above-ground nuclear tests in Nevada in 1955

However, this I do find interesting (as well as mirthful's point).

Got any links citing these tests?

Edit: Nevermind, Simon_alex is one quick poster,
, and one was on January 18, 1956. Interesting.

TY, Simon.

[edit on 1/28/06 by redmage]

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Wow! You go out for dinner and it seems that the case has been cracked
Is Serpo a hoax? As the nice lady said, we're at Defcon 5. But lets not get carried away... Lets just raise the ATS Conspiracy Alert level to RED and remember -- extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

I think the extraordinary wave of negatism toward the story might be somewhat as a result of the continued disappointment over the lack of pictures. I share that disappointment and I'm sure Bill does as well.

At this point, it appears it's all in Anon's hands. I haven't expressed as opinion as to what this all is, so far. I guess I just don't see any advantage in placing a label on all it now. "Branding" it a hoax, doesn't make it any more false; and expressing belief shouldn't make the truth any more likely to emerge.

It's an interesting story. I'll leave it at that... what I truly believe, really doesn't matter.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I agree, but when you're dealing with a team of the best "military scientists," they would have had to have taken a college class to learn how to write properly, because you can't get out of college without taking such a course, but I do agree that finding arcane factual and grammatical errors to disprove a story that has as many wholes in it as this one does is just plain silly.
[edit on 2006/1/28 by GradyPhilpott]

I agree. To me - the fact that he told the story as though for the first time in this journal entry gave it away. It wasn't a grammatical error - it was a huge error. The entry was a way for him to tell the contents of a previous entry. It was an amateur writer trying to hoax a fake journal entry, starting a flashback - to explain to us what a PREVIOUS entry said, and then tripping all over his feet - never realizing the entire time, that he stayed in the flashback and re-wrote the entire previous journal entry all over again.

I certainly didn't want to convince myself this was a hoax. I felt the story of Project Serpo is intriguing - but I'm certainly not going to keep trying to plug up holes in order to keep believing - especially a hole this size....

-rdube02

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Centrist

It's an interesting story. I'll leave it at that... what I truly believe, really doesn't matter.

Actually Centrist - it does matter. You've been quick to plug up previous holes when skeptics raise issues...and I was very much looking forward to your take on this issue. Like I said, I've tried to plug previous holes and your responses many times went a long way toward doing that - so I'm kind of disappointed that you didn't try to explain this one...

-rdube02

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Good detective work there. Your suspicions were similar to mine. I knew there was something odd about the writing style as too simplistically modern and does'nt sound like the language of someone from the 1960s. After all, the mindset of the person from the 1960s is different than the 21st century and sland, dialect, etc..would have been detected.
Not only that, but the lack of the use of military style of dating the time and place put alarms in my head. Even scientists have to use some kind of journalistic dating to use for record-keeping. Even astronauts, I'm sure of it.

.....please correct me if I'm wrong but why do I have a feeling that there was NEVER an Anonymous and the hoaxter is hidden in plain sight?

Curious, is'nt it?

-Sanctum1972

Originally posted by Bill Ryan
They took all 308s blood, that was without my approval. I wrote about that in log 3888. We had a very tense situation with the Ebens about that. When we traveled to the building housing 308s body, we were confronted by several Ebens.

I'm not one to try to disprove this whole thing - however I hit this one line and my heart went in my throat. It's a writer's faux pas. The flashback from hell.

Amateur writers do this - they start in the present tense, then mention something in the past, and then the rest of the story takes place in the past.

Take a close look at this last journal entry. He starts off writing THE CURRENT DAY'S journal entry. Then mentions how they took all of 308's blood without his approval which he ALREADY wrote in log 3888. Then he proceeds to write the entire event ALL OVER AGAIN - which is an event that had been covered in log 3888....why write it all over again?

I'll tell you why - because we haven't read log 3888 yet - so the person writing this for us, felt the need to write it all over again.

*sigh* - I'm terribly disappointed....

-rdube02

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
A matter as big as this may have warranted a whole journal entry to its self?

Now while relaying the outline of the story, you would cross reference it to the entry that detailed this event.

Sounds right to me ???

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
This story reminds me of "The war of the worlds". Orson really had his audience spellbound and listening to every word, as does this "anon".

How cowardly that is too. Give me a break, at least make up a name for yourself if you're going to tell a story. Bill Ryan might just be testing the outline for his latest book, you never know. Creativity will keep your audience - not this hole punched bunch of bull.

Lots of writers of "nonfiction" are being busted for fabricating the facts right now. Just look at the drudgereport, he tells about it everyday!

You know, there is one thing about the Serpo website that strikes me as weird - who set that thing up? You know, it had to be an amateur web designer, as in a self taught person. It is horribly put together and almost impossible to discern a timeline from it. That tool bar thing with the comments and updates thing really bugs me.

So maybe Bill or whomever should hire someone to help him with this new fangled idea of the internet and come up with a believeable website that would be a little more convincing. It really doesn't take too much to make a good website, lots of tutorials and such around - for free too.

One more thing , and I'm done with all of this Serpo bashing: Show the pictures or shut up. Teasers and hints and promises of things just doesn't cut it in this climate of doubters. The herd is moving to greener pastures very soon, so something substantial needs to be seen and fast!

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Centrist what I truly believe, really doesn't matter.

The Overlord stands with what I wrote on the first page of this thread.

While I swayed somewhat in the middle, especially in our interview with Bill Ryan, I remained skeptical and always doubted we ever sent anyone to a planet named Serpo.

In any event, this thread has been an excellent demonstration of all this is superior, intelligent, and entertaining about AboveTopSecret.com. I'm honored to be posting in your company.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The problem with that is...if we sent an amateur to do a very demanding and top secret job, it would'nt be professionally well handled. To be honest, if the exchange really took place which I think Serpo is probably a major exaggeration of, the 12 crewmen/women would have to be in their 30s to 40s and be seasoned professionals, not young twenty-somethings with huge hormones.
I suspect the Team Leader is the oldest one of the bunch with the most experience with capacity to make mature decisions.

-Sanctum1972

Originally posted by Jeddyhi

Would not the Leader of the team qualify for amateur status? He is military after all. With that being said, his "amateur" mistake is acceptable. Who knows, the journal could be full of them. I'm more interested in the message itself. Is this just the beginning of some real good info finally?

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
I don't know if a post made yesterday really gives you the right to "toot your own horn" about it not taking you three or for months, but maybe you mistakingly linked the wrong post.

Well, I know you'll have to take my word for it, but yesterday was the first I've read or even heard about this project and yesterday was the first day I ever opened this thread and that was from a link, I'm pretty sure. And I'm not really tooting my own horn, I'm just saying that the whole thing reads like an Ed Wood movie.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Why do you think I suggested Bruce Campbell for the role of Team Leader for?

4)I don't know about you guys, but I want to know if EBE2 and Team Leader get it on under the hot Reticulan suns one 'night' and I hope Anon keeps posting simply for this reason....

new topics

top topics

<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join