It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 127
<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by serpiansurfer
Outrageous. Dont be so rude. I think the term you are looking for is hard nosed investigator.

[edit on 27-1-2006 by serpiansurfer]

Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

No, I meant exactly What I said....

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose

Don't take this personally but this is a very important subject the Serpo exchange program. Possibly the greatest revelation in the history of humanind. It's not the right place for your one liners and idle chit chat. Sorry to be so forthright.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by serpiansurfer

Originally posted by MagicaRose

Don't take this personally but this is a very important subject the Serpo exchange program. Possibly the greatest revelation in the history of humanind. It's not the right place for your one liners and idle chit chat. Sorry to be so forthright.

Then tell me what you are doing by posting on threads all over the place with idle chit chat Serpian.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I am be being polite and courteus by replying to your idle chit chat with more idle chit chat to tell you to stop the idle chit chat. If you don't watch it you are going to get both yourself and me in trouble with the mods for spamming and not being on subject.

Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.
mod edit--there is no need to quote the post just before yours.

[edit on 27-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Serpian is absolutely right.
There will be no more off-topic discussions on this thread.

Members are asked to post on-topic information and debate in a respectful way.

Members are asked to post on-topic information and debate in a respectful way.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
What gets me is, this list has all kinds of people in the know on it, some within various areas of the gov't I recall. Wouldn't at least one of these people be able to verify that there is a program in place to start releasing info to the private. I say private because it is a private email list.

Yeah... there are some "big" names in ufology on the list. There are all the members of the supposed "aviary", some CIA people, people from Sandia, Los Alamos, wright-patterson.

And with the list, I know there are some private discussion groups. And none of them are saying that this is an obvious hoax. That's what so strange about all this. Everyone "knows" it is... but the people who should be trashing the whole story are tossing in tidbits to fill in the blanks.

Disinfo op? Maybe. Look at all the theories that people have about what this PROBABLY is... there are some non-hoax theories, but they suggest the material is, nevertheless, false.

anyone recall how they first heard about the site? other than the postings here of course.

I saw a link to it here That mesage list does have some "pedigree" as well (Stanton Friedman, Bruce Maccabbee, etc.). I don't post on that list, I just read what they put on the site.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles
so, if the govt is running a disinfo op in the left hand, what is the right doing thats worth the time effort and manpower??

what all men do with their right hand. the gov't is more adept at it than most.

centrist, thanks for the response. the whole concept of how this is being released to the so called public is my biggest issue (getting obvious eh?) so trying to find the link from email list is helpfull for me.

As can be surmised by my posts, I'm not sure what this is all about but I'm having issues with reasons for disinfo. The general public doesn't believe in aliens or they don't seem to care so why spend any time and effort trying to make those that believe look any more wrong or foolish (when I say look foolish, I mean in the eyes of the non-believers). I cannot see the reality of this as the disclosure method is absolutely ludicrous and pointless as nobody beyond the same circle of ufologists, conspiracy theorists and general kooks and nutcases (my category) will see it.

that leaves us with hoax. It increasingly seems like a hoax to me and the influx of members who sign up, post so adamantly for one side or the other and take offense with eachother only to further the same meaningless points in the argument seem almost rehearsed or planned. I'm actually surprised at the restraint and control some of the older members have shown towards the posts directed at them from members with 3 posts. If nothing else comes from this, the maturity and integrity of the old timers has been rather impressive.

that and the whole "it was fun and I was there t-shirt" make it worth the ride.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Not sure where I got off last. And not often do I go passed page 20 of any thread. But these events are compelling and it seems the interest level is rising at least here.....

Of course I am seeing more and more doubters, fence sitters, and mollywagoners. Either our minds are being opened and doubts raised as this issues drags on, or the realization is sitting in (of a possible hoax).

I am delighted to see that the TL decided to just note his journal entries by simply saying ENTRY. The importance a watch with a calendar could be made a major issue (certainly we had enough info prior to the launch to realize time would be different than our own).

Allowing for 308 to be in suspended animation or dead would cause one to keep an eye on the site for the next installment. (308 will recover briefly before succumbing to the new planetary environment which establishes the first death on the planet.)

I was also concerned about the newest installment (not from the code standpoint). What would be the purpose of transcribing misspellings? A transcription from audio tape makes no sense either since the writer would have no knowledge of any word misspelled by the TL. That would be like telling a person on the other end of the phone they misspelled hello. Can't happen. If this were a code, it would appear only certain letters need appear in certain places in the code so the need for misspelling and the very lengthy, detailed account would have little purpose.

Yet, I am anticipating the list of coincidences between ATS and the Serpo tale. Is that still in the works?

Meanwhile I will follow along, most quietly with the barbed wire at my butt trying to establish whether the horse laid the egg or the chicken had a cow.

Victor welcome to ATS. Jump in any time. Your input would be most welcome by all.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Yet, I am anticipating the list of coincidences between ATS and the Serpo tale. Is that still in the works?

Meanwhile I will follow along, most quietly with the barbed wire at my butt trying to establish whether the horse laid the egg or the chicken had a cow.

Victor welcome to ATS. Jump in any time. Your input would be most welcome by all.

Yes - the Team is working on the summary and related links. Hope to have it all compiled and to SO by Monday (January 30th).

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawnna

Yes - the Team is working on the summary and related links. Hope to have it all compiled and to SO by Monday (January 30th).

Dear Shawnna,

Why are you wasting your time on this?
I am glad to see youngters so ready for disclosure but this thread/fiction is not. A lot of intelligent people here but not much common sense. Just my observation.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Dear Truthforall,

I don't feel completing a task I volunteered for to be a waste of my time. And for those "youngsters" just joining this forum, having the ability to get the "readers digest" version of it will prove helpful.

Shawnna

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truthforall
Dear Shawnna,

Why are you wasting your time on this?
I am glad to see youngters so ready for disclosure but this thread/fiction is not. A lot of intelligent people here but not much common sense. Just my observation.

Dear Truthforall,

Why are you concerned about other people's time?
It seems to me that there has been enough "smoke" about certain details of this story that warrant the attention it's getting. It's not like a some completely off the wall abductee story. There have been multiple "I heard this too" about multiple parts of the story. It's way to early to simply dismiss it all as an outlandish fiction with no value to Ufology whatsoever. I commend ATS for this site and Shawna and her colleagues for taking the time to sift through this and give us a more concise chunk of data to work with.

Thank you Shawna.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Im not saying the Story is True/False .
having said that , i dont mind playing the devils advocate.

****Quote****

Well, I will write the flaws to give you a better idea of what I am talking about.

1) As you will already know, as you have been in the army, when you keep logs the first thing that you have to write is time and date. The commander of the story from the first moment he wrote in his diary he didn't write the time and date. His entries should be for example ENTRY 1 / 17:23 / 10/08/1965. Instead he writes Day1, Day 2 etc. This is absolutely wrong way to keep track of your entries and it doesn't help you to have as much control of the facts as you would like to have.
Of course, as we all know, from some time and after, they all lost the track of time. But this didn't happen the first day. --------------------------

-----He said in the beggining , he was told that it would take 270days to get to eban..so he may have been told to keep his journal on a day by day account the way he did it- as in day 1, day 2...it seems stupid , but the military has be known to some really stupid stuff..lord knows ive seen my share of it...but also keep in mind that during the trip - they did have a device for keeping time , but the ebes put it in storage with the rest of the stuff.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) The wrist watches. We were informed that they weren't electronic (no battery style). So they had to be tuned every now and then from the crew in order to keep working. In the last entry, the commander when awakes, he sees his watch (which still works) and wonders if he slept for hours, days or years. If the watch was so sophisticated that with one tuning could work for years, why it didn't have date installed in it??? It is very convenient for the author to write that the watches showed only time. What a wrist watch needs in order to have also date on its display? A few more gears.

*** why didnt the watches have dates on them ?- i agree, but again , simple stupid oversight on the whoever was running the show , Just read up on military/goverment history to know that they seem to make alot of mistakes , that just blow our minds ... Also keep in mind that mechanical watches needed to be wound like every 12 hours or so and then they would start to slow down and eventually stop ...... but also remember that in space mechanical watches are affected by - gravity / lack of gravity or in this case Artificial gravity ?... Artificial gravity that was Suited for Ebes not humans. #### Also the watches could have been affected by the Drive system of the ship .. you can loose as much as 3/10 of a second on a mechanical watch traveling from New york to Paris ... Imagine being in Space traveling At ~ Speed ~ ?? .

------------------------------------------------------------

3) Supposedly they were all trained in the Eben language. We know that they had difficulties learning it, but it seems very strange to me that the commander was not able to understand even a single Eben character on the many monitors that he saw. He just made speculations.

**** They knew some Basic Ebes words, but being able to read the words is totally different.. i can speak basic Spanish and Japanese but i cant read the words for dam.. a good friend of mine , who is a retired Marine Linguist
would tell you the same thing , and hes fluent in alot of different languages.

-------------------------------------

4)The last entry was the most disturbing. When the commander woke up it's understandable that he was confused. He couldn't remember how they got in the bowls. He couldn't remember how they entered those doors.
But I thought he was recording everything. Why he didn't go to the previous pages of his diary to see what happened in the previous entry? Instead, he just writes that he cannot remember, cannot focus, trying to find who is missing and then he goes to sleep. Come on man! Turn the page! See what you wrote the last time before you woke up in the bowl!
Also it's unbelievable that he began the entry by writting the dream he had. For a fiction story it's good, for reality no! I mean, the commander woke up inside the bowl and then what??? He imediately started writing the dream he had? And after writing the dream he got out of the bowl and tried to see if his people were ok? Or, did he wake up and imediately got out of the bowl, confused, dizzy, his legs sore, all of his crew sleeping, one missing, he tries to find him, he fails and then he gets in the bowl and started writing the entry beginning with his dream????? Come on man!!!

***** Space sickness can last for up to 3 days or so , and thats just from being in Orbit around the earth .. i can only imagine what it would be like to travel some distance at ~ Speed?~ for a lengthy period of time .
www.google.com...
-----------------------------------------------------------

5) When they arrived on the planet, the commander says that he lost the first part of the diary. How then we have and read his first entries???

*** maybe after landing on the planet and being able to get his bearings,
after he ate and drank what the ebes gave him, maybe then he could remember first part of the diary.. seems plausiable when you think about it .
-----------------------------------------

I would appreciate my friend if you could give me some explanation for the above flaws, especially the 4th. If you like, I could write a few more, but first I would like some explanation for the above.
Especially the 4th.

it would be easy to go into more detail and explain it all . but i didnt want to hog up the whole web page .

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Thanks for the update Shawnna!

Briggs, good points. Everything will be explained. As well as the rash and the burning sensation the TL wakes up with. I am surprised ATS hasn't heard more on that.

Think about it. You wake up with a rash and burning sensation, are told one of your team is not alive, and have two doctors available. Survival being the first priority everybody gets examined immediately.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The disinfo guys must be patting themselves on the back for a job well done. People here are wishing so hard for this story to be true that they are speculating, confabulating and repairing any obvious mistakes in the tale with imaginative flights of fantasy.Mistakes are mistakes.They are lying back laughing at how gullible some people can be. My 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
With all due respect - sir - I have yet to see one single poster on this very long thread say anything about this story being FACTUAL.

What are you talking about?

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
This is I think the longest thread post that I have read and find that members been leaning towards this beaning a hoax but aren't quite sure

My own question is to ask the "mailing list" for their comments as to what they think and to go on record about it.

I would also like to welcome Victor here and ask if he would "bite the bullet" and post his thoughts. (Sorry if I have missed it in previous links)

excellant post not matter what the outcome Its made us all think a bit

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Briggs thank you for trying to explain the flaws that I wrote in my previous post.

Although your explanations seem plausible, they are quite difficult to digest.

Yes, we know that in the army we witness very stupid things and decisions, but it is very difficult to digest that a whole banch of scientists, militants, secret service people etc etc, after almost 2 years of preparation for this project forgot to give proper watches for the crew, when we read that they took seriously to give to the crew the ability to keep track of earth time by giving them other time instruments.

The space sickness that you refer to is due to lack of gravity. They had gravity in the shuttle, though different from ours. And I cannot accept that the commander was able to write a 600-word paragraph in the condition he was, and not being able to turn to the previous pages to see what happened. Space sickness doesn't give us explanation why in the particular situation the commander started his entry with the dreams he had, when there were serious things to write first. One of his crew was missing!
He was able to write a perfect entry with just a few spelling mistakes explaining everything but his mental condition was not ok, so he started with his dreams? I cannot digest that.

Again Brigg thank you for trying to take the position of the Devil's advocate, but the more you think about those entries, the more difficult is to accept them as real.

But I am very anxious to see the rest of this fascinating story and see the pictures that Anom promised to give to us.

[edit on 28-1-2006 by panther_512]

[edit on 28-1-2006 by panther_512]

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I'd like to point out something I noticed regarding Close Encounters of the Third Kind as my wife & I were watching it last night (along with a good bottle of Merlot and some great Chinese food) - my thought toward the end, when the twelve members of the crew (not counting the main character) taking part in the exchange were boarding the ship was this:

Which came first - the chicken or the egg? I mean, if you watch it very closely, I believe even the MAKEUP of the crew includes only two women. So my question is, did Project Serpo really happen, and in the 1970's at the completion of the project, the government injected information into this movie to gauge public response to disclosure.....

OR - did someone watch this movie, and decide to use creative license to come up with a story of what happened to this 12 person crew after the end of the movie? The fact that the crew in the movie, and in the project Serpo story, not only match in number but in gender makeup - points to much more than coincidence in my mind. And the fact that most people in the UFO/Alien community have always been infatuated with this movie also should play a large part. How to explain that coincidence - well, I haven't decided yet. I will need to see what the creator of "Project Serpo" comes up with next.

-rdube02

[edit on 28-1-2006 by rdube02]

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by rdube02
I'd like to point out something I noticed regarding Close Encounters of the Third Kind as my wife & I were watching it last night (along with a good bottle of Merlot and some great Chinese food) - my thought toward the end, when the twelve members of the crew (not counting the main character) taking part in the exchange were boarding the ship was this:

Which came first - the chicken or the egg? I mean, if you watch it very closely, I believe even the MAKEUP of the crew includes only two women. So my question is, did Project Serpo really happen, and in the 1970's at the completion of the project, the government injected information into this movie to gauge public response to disclosure.....

OR - did someone watch this movie, and decide to use creative license to come up with a story of what happened to this 12 person crew after the end of the movie? The fact that the crew in the movie, and in the project Serpo story, not only match in number but in gender makeup - points to much more than coincidence in my mind. And the fact that most people in the UFO/Alien community have always been infatuated with this movie also should play a large part. How to explain that coincidence - well, I haven't decided yet. I will need to see what the creator of "Project Serpo" comes up with next.

-rdube02

[edit on 28-1-2006 by rdube02]

If I'm not mistaken, in Close Encounters of the Third Kind, at the end of the movie, none of the 12 team members actually board the craft. Richard Dreyfuss joins the team and they single file out to the craft but they are left behind. The Aliens choose Richard Dreyfuss and thats it. No team members are "selected". Dreyfuss had the pyschic connection with Devils Tower. None of the others did! So CEOTTK depicts an exchange that almost was??

[edit on 1/28/2006 by Jeddyhi]

new topics

top topics

<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join