It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 106
<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Centrist

Originally posted by Jedi_Master

Can you enlighten me on how these pallets were loaded ?

No, sorry. I'm guessing someone would though. Why?

And were these pallets/containers available in '65 ?

Air cargo shipping has been around for a long time. The military has been airlifting supplies on "pallets" for quite some time -- think "Berlin Airlift" in terms of the scale they've dealt with. I'd imagine they had pallets of this size (or even larger) back then -- the military uses rather large cargo aircraft.

Why? I thought that you would know how they were loaded without forktrucks...

The Berlin Airlift...correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the Airlift dropped 2 tones per drop...

Go back and review my post(s) on this issue all I'm saying is that the pallets would have to be either made of steel or aluminun...

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Smells like hoax.

At best,At worst, Bill Ryan is being played. At the very worst, Bill Ryan is playing us.

SO...with this part I agree, we are ALL being played, Don't think Bill is playing us...

JMO...

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Have you seen the latest? I haven't read any new posts but just finished reading the latest installment of what I now believe to be a hoax to sell a book with movie optiions. This story has it all, especially if the special effects involving violence are kept to a minimum - thereby making this story more about the feeling you get from it and the visual granduer of the matted set backgrounds mixed with CGA. Yeah, this is a science fiction story I would like to see on the big screen! This would be the best sci-fi made in a long time - if was done right when translated to the screen. It reminds a little bit like Robinson Crusoe on Mars and the way his experiences amidst his solitude were conveyed in a narrative manner.

I find the narrative style to be the give away. It seems logical that one would experience the moment as it unfolds and later make journal entries. Yet the writer tends to write as if it's happening at that moment in present tense and I find it hard to believe anyone would be taking notes while this is happening. Also, the entries are too bulleted given that there is not way to tell how much time has transpired between entries - was this one giant entry? I doubt it.

Yet writing in this current style it does instill a sense of excitement to the reader - hence, a well written story! But a story nonetheless!

And yet I still hold out - I wish it were true, but the spell my desire to believe has cast over me has been briefly suspended and i see this whole thing differently.

I'll keep reading since I think it's just a great story - and hey, I like to read.

This is my first impression - I will now go back and start reading a few of the posts I've recently missed.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
SO, Springer, Simon...

Hmmm....

Judging by the MO of ATS, is Serpo just another game ?

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Could it be that our expectations of the new material was too high? Doubt it. I declare shenanagans...

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zep Tepi
If Anonymous is who he is claiming to be, why not post something more substantial?

If he is who he claims to be, then he clearly has access to a wealth of information that would confirm this to be a based on real events. But what does he do? - Post another journal entry that entirely conflicts with what we've already been told!

Where's the smoking gun? Right now, a loaded gun would suffice...

I've been asking myself that same question.

Anon's efforts to make the story more interesting by posting the fairytale opposed to the facts is in my opinoin a good indication that this is a story written for an audience and not a disclosure of information.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Carter
Yeah, this is a science fiction story I would like to see on the big screen! This would be the best sci-fi made in a long time - if was done right when translated to the screen.

Hey John, I'm using your quote but I'm speaking in general terms, I don't want you to think I was coming down on you but...none of us and I mean none of us should be excited about this being a movie we'd like to see.

If this is crap and let's face it I think the majority of us agree that this is some kind of conjob, we should all be incredibly P.O.'d. If it's a hoax that's one thing, but if it's someones idea of clever marketing that's a very different animal.

There's a difference between say the marketing of the movie A.I. that had that whole internet mystery game thing attached. But this would be playing on the hopes, fears and dreams of a whole community of people.

I don't like conmen and I've encountered alot over the years and I think there is a big difference between clever marketing and trying to make people look and in the end feel like idiots.

If it is just the start of a hoax or a "real experience" well...for the most part, all these guys want movies made of their stories, I haven't met one person in the entire field (I mean those who participate on the circuit on a regular basis) who didn't in the end want a big budget movie or tv series based on their "experiences".

I'll be the first then. I call Shenanigans! Shenanigans I say!

And to Anon I say...heaven help you if you're trying to use the paranormal community to market your fiction. We are everywhere and most of us have our own probes. But perhaps I've said too much.

Spiderj

PS while I was writing this Chi called shenangins first so, I'm now second...Shenanigans!

[edit on 1/24/2006 by Spiderj]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Have you seen the latest? I haven't read any new posts but just finished reading the latest installment of what I now believe to be a hoax to sell a book with movie optiions. This story has it all, especially if the special effects involving violence are kept to a minimum - thereby making this story more about the feeling you get from it and the visual granduer of the matted set backgrounds mixed with CGA. Yeah, this is a science fiction story I would like to see on the big screen! This would be the best sci-fi made in a long time - if was done right when translated to the screen. It reminds a little bit like Robinson Crusoe on Mars and the way his experiences amidst his solitude were conveyed in a narrative manner.

I find the narrative style to be the give away. It seems logical that one would experience the moment as it unfolds and later make journal entries. Yet the writer tends to write as if it's happening at that moment in present tense and I find it hard to believe anyone would be taking notes while this is happening. Also, the entries are too bulleted given that there is not way to tell how much time has transpired between entries - was this one giant entry? I doubt it.

Yet writing in this current style it does instill a sense of excitement to the reader - hence, a well written story! But a story nonetheless!

John Carter, I agree. As a comic book creator and storyboard artist, I think it would be a great film or graphic novel if edited properly. As a matter of fact, the best way to expose this story is through fiction. Let's see how the DIA guys like it when we pull a "Spielberg" >
So let's thank the DIA guys for a brilliant idea and quote it "Inspired by a theoretically TRUE story" or something to this effect.
All credit goes to the ATSNN folks including Mr. Bill Ryan, not just Anon, that way no one fights over for credit while we can all create our own film..ATSSN Films Presents "The Serpo Chronicles" played by Bruce Campbell as "Skipper" with thick sideburns and a jumpsuit and shades and smoking cigarettes.

I can certainly see him sharing a drag with a fellow Eben sitting together on some rock up at Serpo..(evil grin)

Bruce: See here? This is called, back in Earth, a cigarette. Go ahead..try it...
Eben smokes it and hacks as it tries it out..
Bruce: Good, Grey! Good!! I mean EBE.. (patting its back)...say..I bet you guys heard of Elvis, eh?
Eben shakes head not understanding the Elvis reference.
Bruce: Come on! We got some records of his stuff...or better yet, Buddy Holly, god rest his soul..
Eben looks perplexed...
Bruce: no? umm...I got one for you...Beatles!

...something really out of this blue how we can imagine the way they interacted with the Ebens or such...with all due respect, seriously...the latest posting on the Serpo site with Jan 24th..there were some passage that reminded me of Bruce Campbell's voice....some parts were amusing..like--pardon my quoting:

"We see a large eben, largest one we have seen yet. He comes forward and starts speaking to us. Ebe1 translate a welcome message from the Leader. I guess this guy is the leader. About one foot taller than the others. The leader tells us we are welcome to planet, he called it something we do not understand. Ebe1 isn’t doing a good job translating. But we are lead to an open arena. Looks like a parade field. "

or this: Some are wearing some type of shawls. I asked Ebe2 about that, Ebe2 says they are females. Ok, I see. They all look alike. Really hard to tell one apart except for uniform. Some have different colored uniforms. I asked Ebe2 about that, Ebe2 says military uniform. Ok, that makes sense.

But this fascinated me most: The doors look like a military igloos that store our atomic bombs on earth.

Sanctum1972

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Spider I'm not sure you can be the first - maybe the message was lost on my post but I now believe this to be a big hoax of sorts, and I can think of different reasons, mostly mudane and opportunistic, to motivate such a thing. Simply put - it reads like a novel, not a fact based chronology.

It's cleverly written but just doesn't make sense in real terms - only as a contrivance, a creative endeavor to write such a thing. I am convinced of this and I'm surprised I'm only one of the few who seem to be waking up. I will gladly admit I am wrong when I see some real proof - math calculations, experiment results etc. Even the photos can be doctored so they're suspect and not considered as "proof". No, the only thing that will save this will be confirmed scientific data - and I don't think it's ever going to surface. String-a-ling. ding-a-ling, when will you wake? This concocted story is an obvious fake.

Sanctum1972: I agree - very funny stuff too, I especially liked the cigarette scene and the racist team leader. Would that be racist or speciesist?

[edit on 24-1-2006 by John Carter]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Bill? What is your analysis of today's contribution from Mr. Anonymous?

Good question.

1) My first take was posted earlier: that to my mind there are strong indications that this was transcribed (and maybe only by an admin assistant somewhere) – c.f. phoenetic spellings of "hostel" for hostile, "palates" for pallets, "lead" for led, lack of question marks where someone writing the log would surely have included them, short sentences, compressed text (diaries don't look like that – fresh entries after a break would be at least with a new paragraph), and so on.

2) It's also consistent with the hypothesis that this is being recreated, possibly from someone's memory of having read it (maybe years ago)... and is not the original log. Anon said it was, but perhaps that's what he's being told and believes, or what he wants us to believe for credibility purposes.

3) I think the fact that he's resumed posting suggests that he's less likely to be knowingly hoaxing. I say "knowingly", because he may unwittingly be relaying fictional or semi-fictional information which he's been supplied. And as above, if someone else (not Anon) is relying on his memory and claiming that it's a real log transcript, any fictional component not be accidental and in no way mischievous or malevolent. I'd welcome others' views on whether the fact that he has reappeared in itself means that Anon is more or less likely to be sincere... regardless of the content of his post.

4) If this were "professional" disinformation, would this not be more professionally crafted?

5) There are many baffling aspects to this, which are obvious to all intelligent students of the Serpo affair. My position is to do whatever is needed to ensure that the information continues. That seems to me to be the only way we'll get to the bottom of this, unless someone comes out and says "It's me". I'm delighted he's continued posting, and I hope there'll be more. My hope is that there's been a temporary hiatus of some kind which has now been handled.

For the above reason – to ensure Anon is not in any way displeased or distressed – I hope that Forum members will understand and respect that to protect the flow of postings and encourage more to come I absolutely must refrain from giving any information or answering any questions about the source of what I received.

"Outing" Anon is not and never was the object... in my opinion. The object is to establish to what degree this information is real disclosure (can we confirm any aspects of the story?), where this is heading, and whether it's part of a larger disclosure program... and if so, what we need to do to support that. For me, those are the major issues.

Best, Bill

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jedi_Master
Judging by the MO of ATS, is Serpo just another game ?

It's not our game.

However, I predict the next message from Anon will reveal there are four gold rings to be found, each at one of the four corners of planet Serpo.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj

Pardon my latest posting..and I did'nt see your's after I posted mine...so I'd like to add that some parts of the story was interesting and would've made a good form of entertainment IF, and only IF this was done in a genuine manner for a book or film, HOWEVER, I do see your point about being cheated out for the real thing and be taken seriously for the sake of the UFO community.
I would NOT be surprised if this is a hoax as it's becoming apparent to me due to the nature of poor spelling and grammar. The way it's written does not feel like a Captain's log when I believe most, please correct me if I'm mistaken, military/intelligence figures write down the 2400 clock time/date in military format before they begin their log....almost like a stardate, if you will. And I did'nt see that in all the journals.
I have no respect for conmen because I went through personal situations with them and even an organized religion which 'conned' an old friend of mine (long story).
Marketing a film that's being announced through the internet is okay as long as it's for good fun and to get people aware of the project as long as it's already been shot and ready for theatrical release, but NOT for the sake of stringing us along and stealing ideas from us or using our expertise/experiences without permissive release.
So that is to say, I do understand your position quite well. But also think that if this is published and linked on here...guess what? We made it come alive on this board...so we were the ones to give it 'credence' via analysis and therefore, ATSNN should do the film or book without those who tried to get our attention to it.
So, the question begs..was this designed to get ATSNN publicity or a ruse to make us fools? It does'nt seem that the anon author(s) was asking for editing feedback because that should've been the editor's job however, if this was a test market to get our UFO-ology expertise and see if the story can withstand the criticism before it hits the silver screen or bookstores...it's cowardly of the author(s) then.
All they had to do was..come out of the limelight and say...we have a fictional UFO story to share..would you be kind to read and offer feedback?
After all, how many of us are avid comics or sci-fi novel fans? Or film?

-Sanctum1972

If this is crap and let's face it I think the majority of us agree that this is some kind of conjob, we should all be incredibly P.O.'d. If it's a hoax that's one thing, but if it's someones idea of clever marketing that's a very different animal.

There's a difference between say the marketing of the movie A.I. that had that whole internet mystery game thing attached. But this would be playing on the hopes, fears and dreams of a whole community of people.

I don't like conmen and I've encountered alot over the years and I think there is a big difference between clever marketing and trying to make people look and in the end feel like idiots.

If it is just the start of a hoax or a "real experience" well...for the most part, all these guys want movies made of their stories, I haven't met one person in the entire field (I mean those who participate on the circuit on a regular basis) who didn't in the end want a big budget movie or tv series based on their "experiences".

I'll be the first then. I call Shenanigans! Shenanigans I say!

And to Anon I say...heaven help you if you're trying to use the paranormal community to market your fiction. We are everywhere and most of us have our own probes. But perhaps I've said too much.

Spiderj

PS while I was writing this Chi called shenangins first so, I'm now second...Shenanigans!

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Another BIG inconsistency is that in addition to Anon not mentioning the crew member who died on the trip there, Comment 2 by Paul McGovern says:

One doctor and one of the security personnel died three years into their visit. The doctor died of pneumonia and the security guy died of an injury. The exchange team had to endure extreme hardship adjusting to the environment of the visitor's planet.

www.serpo.org...

Bill, what is your take of the inconsistencies between Anon post # 6, Paul McGovern Comment 2 and this new Anon posting?

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Just take it from the outside logical view of thus far and consider the circumstances at hand.

Good story? Yes, list a many good books you've found to bring you into the story. For me - Lord of the Rings, Tolkien describes the fantasy world so detailed that you wished you were there and it was real. I believe the fact that these postings may not well written but catchy enough to want you to believe. That can affect your judgement, no offense but it can.

I do not believe this to be a full out disclosure of what really happened (if anything.) At most, it's like everything else that the government has ever put out - disinformation with a side dish of truth. Realistically, after all these years, you'd think they see the best way possible of releasing truth to the public about a "Project Serpo" is to anonymously post random bits of information on a website from a giant book of events and information that occured some odd years ago. I'm not seeing it that way.

I'm all for wanting to believe aliens exist, and things like this happening, and the better pursuit of a better life and science, but at a more realistic (facing reality) standpoint.

Think about it.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   

So that is to say, I do understand your position quite well. But also think that if this is published and linked on here...guess what? We made it come alive on this board...so we were the ones to give it 'credence' via analysis and therefore, ATSNN should do the film or book without those who tried to get our attention to it.

from a legal standpoint I think you would find that if ATSNN decided to make a movie based on this you'd see a attornies for those who originated the story claiming copy right infringement.

Honestly, the montauk folks want you to think it's true and the titor people want you to think its true but if you wrote a script based on montauk or titor, sold it and got a big budget movie made you'd be sued because all of sudden theyd claim ownership rights...how can you own it well because you created it and if they can prove they created the fiction they get the money they also out themselves.

You got to love IP law.

If Someone is trying to pull a fast one and none of us are involved with their project (as far as I know) then we've got a real shell game on our hands and I don't think there is one person on this board who likes to be taken for a sucker.

And John, when I said I will be the first to say it, I was actually referring to being the first to say the word "shenanigans"...yes I watch too much south park...hence my edit when I saw chi had called shenanigans before me.

Those darn kids crack me up.

Spiderj

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
My take on this new posting...

Here we are debating how pallets would be shipped to another planet, on a ship that no one has a concept of, analyzing to the smallest punctuation mark... can we not take the post as is? Dont get me wrong, of course we need to analyze what has been said, but its a mind boggling story, true or false, with consequences that will change probably the whole world if indeed found true.

"Anon" has decided to post this information straight to Bill, and as Bill has stated before, Victor is a journalist, and has changed the context of the messages that he has received. From that, we can be sure that his "style" has been transfered to the previous posts, of course, now the "style" has changed, so obviously the writing is different. How can anyone know what you would place in a journal on your first day on another planet, with different surroundings, knowing you were going to be there for a long time, far from home!

It's a sure bet that Anon reads things here, we dont need to give him any reason to cease posting, after all, hes changed his ways of communicating this story for whatever reason that is apparent to him. I find it odd that with questions being raised here about previous postings; he makes additions to the story in subsequent postings. I refer to the point already mentioned previously about the radiation meters, it's as though he is trying to validate his story and get the facts to fit, or finding out more information for us to answer questions previously raised.

Let's keep the questions flowing, await further postings and see just where this is going. Anon has resurfaced and ground breaking news may just be round the corner.

It's late here, and I hope my ramblings are not too diverse and obscure. I await any comments, and most of all further postings by Anon!

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   

It's a sure bet that Anon reads things here, we dont need to give him any reason to cease posting,

No offense to anon but if the story is true then I would think posting here no matter what we think or say would be his priority, if on the other hand a good reason not to continue to post is when people catch on to the con.

If I read a post saying Anon is mad at us and will no longer relate information that's proof enough for me its a scam.

If the government or whatever is after him then not posting on this site because us normal folk are having problems with his story sounds kind of lame to me.

IMO of course.

Spiderj

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawnna
Another BIG inconsistency is that in addition to Anon not mentioning the crew member who died on the trip there, Comment 2 by Paul McGovern says:

One doctor and one of the security personnel died three years into their visit. The doctor died of pneumonia and the security guy died of an injury. The exchange team had to endure extreme hardship adjusting to the environment of the visitor's planet.

www.serpo.org...

Bill, what is your take of the inconsistencies between Anon post # 6, Paul McGovern Comment 2 and this new Anon posting?

Hi, Shawnna –

Many thanks. I'm looking at exactly the same information as you are. Paul McGovern's account differed from Anon's re the male/female make-up of the team, don't forget, so they may not agree here either. As I said just a short while ago in response to Skeptic Overlord, there are many things here which are baffling.

If Anon is himself being given information to post (given the evidence I suggest that this may be an audio transcription), then who knows? He himself may being given contradictory information which is designed to discredit him... we just can't know. There are obvious questions to ask if the opportunity presents itself.

Why would he knowingly contradict himself? I have absolutely no idea.

Best, Bill

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   

"Outing" Anon is not and never was the object... in my opinion. The object is to establish to what degree this information is real disclosure (can we confirm any aspects of the story?), where this is heading, and whether it's part of a larger disclosure program... and if so, what we need to do to support that. For me, those are the major issues.

Best, Bill

With all due respect Bill, knowing the identity of Anon would be EXTREMELY helpful IMHO. Imagine, for example, that we learned that Anon was in fact, a highly respected member of our government. Someone who has not been associated with UFO/EBE stories before. That, to me, would mean that we all have to rethink how we are approaching this.

If, on the other hand, Anon turned out to be someone who is a known disinformation agent, or someone who is involved in UFO/EBE research but whose credibility is highly suspect, well, then I would think we could all kiss this one goodbye and get a good nights sleep. And I'm not naming names in either case but I'm sure you can guess who would easily fit either description.

Just my 2 cents at this point.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   

With all due respect Bill, knowing the identity of Anon would be EXTREMELY helpful IMHO. Imagine, for example, that we learned that Anon was in fact, a highly respected member of our government. Someone who has not been associated with UFO/EBE stories before. That, to me, would mean that we all have to rethink how we are approaching this.

Nicely said shawnna I couldn't agree more.

I mean really if the guy was involved in project serpo he's really old at this point, no offense but if you're in your late seventies early eighties I would thinking dieing by governemnt intervention would be the least of your worries.

Spiderj

top topics

<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join