It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACLU stabs America in the back

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
ACLU doesn't seem to see anything wrong with what's going on in Miami

In response to the news that Miami police were going to conduct random sieges, checks of ID's and patrols of buses and trains, the ACLU stabbed America in the back again by shrugging their shoulders and stating that the new measures did not violate anybody's rights.

“What we’re dealing with is officers on street patrol, which is more effective and more consistent with the Constitution,” Simon said. “We’ll have to see how it is implemented," said Howard Simon , executive director of ACLU Florida.

Consistent with the Constitution? This is the most clear violation of what it means to live in a free society than you're ever going to see short of when they cart us all off to those cozy ex-Soviet gulag camps.

The ACLU claims to be for our Constitutional rights. Maybe they don't like the Fourth Amendment or something.

What's going on in Miami is VERY unconstitutional and violates our rights. Guess the ACLU's too dense to figure this out, huh?

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
One story at breitbart.com said the ID checks were mandatory, the rest didnt. Theres already an existing thread about this with a little real discussion but mostly gum flapping, not much need for this thread really. The fact is the cops can patrol and hand out all the paper they want, but the majority of stories relating to this on real news sites (prisonplanet doesnt count) say there are No ID Checks Planned.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I know there's a thread about what's happening in Miami, but THIS particular thread is about the ACLU not caring that rights are being violated.

Mods are free to move/delete/lock this thread as they see fit, though.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The only time the ACLU is stabbing America in the back is when it sues over stuff like this, putting Americans in danger or when it attacks our traditions like Christmas. When the ACLU does nothing, everyone should sigh a breath of relief.

If you don't like the law and it affects you, why don't you sue yourself? Why do you need the ACLU???

[edit on 11/30/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I just think it's funny that they attack Xmas when it's not really a Christian holiday. I guess if they *think* it's Christian, they want it banned--which goes to show how ignorant they are.

Thing is, they show themselves to be defenders of freedom (insert laugh track here), but you have to wonder just what it is they're really trying to defend.

They claim to be about human rights, for example, yet support the biggest human rights violation of all--abortion.

The only thing they're useful for is calling attention to the unconstitutional Patriot Act.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
I just think it's funny that they attack Xmas when it's not really a Christian holiday. I guess if they *think* it's Christian, they want it banned--which goes to show how ignorant they are.

You are kidding right. Its not Xmas it is CHRISTmas as in CHRIST. It is not Quanza or Hannukah or the festival of lights or whatever. If you do not believe in Christ you should not celebrate CHRISTmas.

[edit on 30-11-2005 by zoso28]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by zoso28

You are kidding right. Its not Xmas it is CHRISTmas as in CHRIST. It is not Quanza or Hannukah or the festival of lights or whatever. If you do not believe in Christ you should not celebrate CHRISTmas.

Ah, well, it really isn't just a Christian holiday. There are many practices in christmas that are not christian... such as... ah... well... THE CHRISTMAS TREE...

And the ACLU... well they are a non-profit org that has gone too far along time ago. The ACLU shouldn't be taken seriously unless they start using membership money for silly lawsuits... oh wait... that's a bad thing.
Someone needs to stop them.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Right.

Christmas isn't a christian holiday.

What's next, Ramadan is really a secular celebration?

Anyway I may not agree with many things the ACLU does, it's mere existence should make the American Fascism/NWO theories look silly.

If you realy care so much about the ACLU why has no one come up with a counter ACLU to fight on the other side every time they take a case? It could be like the 700 club but more lawsuits and less televangelism.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeftBehind
If you realy care so much about the ACLU why has no one come up with a counter ACLU to fight on the other side every time they take a case?

Actually that has happened, but it was a bit slow in coming. The Alliance Defense Fund is one of them.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
sorry but the constitution only protects your home, car and personal items from searches(unless something suspicious is in line of sight or reach of police or if theres a warrant), and if its only an i.d search, whats the aclu to do? nothing states the police cant demand i.d searches or that they require a warrant to do such a search.
its not in violation of any law or constitutional protections.

[edit on 30-11-2005 by namehere]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Actually that has happened, but it was a bit slow in coming. The Alliance Defense Fund is one of them.

LMFAO!!

It is the 700 club but with lawsuits instead of evangelism. Well almost, I guess it's more evangelism through lawsuits.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Things such as Christmas trees, wreathes, and other such decorations we use are traditions that go with Christmas. If the ACLU wants to try stop a tradition that has been going on in this country since its inception and before that, then let them try, they cant succeed in such an endeavour.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Hear Hear.

I have to ask though where you got your username from. Are you from an ex-belief perhaps? Maybe you could U2U me the story, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It is illegal and unconstitutional for the government to require you to hand over your idea on a spot check, maybe if this occurs at a Federal Site then this can work, but not a bank, hotel, restaurant, etc. I can't possibly understand how the ACLU is saying that this is ok, unless the cops aren't actually going to require anyone to actually show their id, just ask for it.

Cug

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
It is illegal and unconstitutional for the government to require you to hand over your idea on a spot check, maybe if this occurs at a Federal Site then this can work, but not a bank, hotel, restaurant, etc.

Nothing to back this up as I can't find it anymore so take it with a grain of salt.

The during the last presidential election I was hanging out on some Libertarian forums (The Libertarians are the closest political party to how I think... even if 2/3rds of them are kooks) anyway there was a bunch of talk about a trial going on were someone was arrested for failing to show ID.

He was parked on the side of the road on something like a private access road to his ranch/land and was doing some work outside his fence. Some cops stopped and I'm assuming he got in their face a bit and asked him for ID. he refused and they took him to the pokey.

At the trial his defense was he was on his property and the government had no right to ask for ID... He lost. For some reason I think his name was White but I'm very iffy on that.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The requirement to produce identification is not a constitutional one but a state law. To my knowledge there is no state in the union that does not require a citizen to provide identification to a police officer when requested by the officer. In fact in most states, you can and will be arrested for failure to obey the officer.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
It's one thing if you're pulled over for speeding or driving like a maniac and you're requested to show ID. I have no problem with that.

I do, however, have a problem with people being randomly (key word RANDOMLY) pulled over or targeted for a search. You're not guilty of a crime, so they should leave you alone.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I do, however, have a problem with people being randomly (key word RANDOMLY) pulled over or targeted for a search. You're not guilty of a crime, so they should leave you alone.

In my state CT you cant do that you either have to stop say every third person and stick to that routine or pull over every single person. There has to be some system you follow it cant just be random stops.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   

It's one thing if you're pulled over for speeding or driving like a maniac and you're requested to show ID. I have no problem with that.

So, I guess that means you've also got a problem with how they're doing the airport searches these days. You know, where they pull aside the, cute women, grannies and people in wheelchairs for searches, while letting the people that more closely fit the description of terrorists go by - all so they can't be accused of "profiling". This is such BS. If profiling was never used to try and identify suspects, then police would be forced to randomly question people every time there was a crime, even if they were given a description of the suspect.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by rmatrem

Ah, well, it really isn't just a Christian holiday. There are many practices in christmas that are not christian... such as... ah... well... THE CHRISTMAS TREE...

Not to mention the date. Why don't you check out what date the Orthodox church holds its Christmas celebration on.

And I don't remember being told that Santa Clause was travelling with the three wise men...How does he figure into things?

The two major Christian holidays, Christmas and Easter just happen to fall on the exact dates of pagan Europe's greatest festive celebrations, one of them being the midwinter feast. How did that happen?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join