It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beast Brain Computer Networks, and you.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Here is the rough and dirty(flyer) version, the only version im allowed to post(I'd have to paste):

ANY QUESTIONS?

[edit on 30-11-2005 by IgnoranceIsntBliss]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
might want to remove that pick...

because of that curse...

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
O ya, WRONG one... I have a censored version hold on...

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Why on freaking why is it that people are still hung up on the internet being an american invention. Without the work of CERN the world wide web as its known now would probably not exist. HTTP and HTML which made it all possible was created by Tim Berners-Lee. The TCP/IP suite was spawned of DARPA and the ARPAnet, which as everyone knows and loves to quote is an American invetion. The fact is without both the internet wouldnt be what it is today, so in reality nobody can claim ownership of it, its beyond that point now.

With that peeve out of the way what in the heck is this poster supposed to be about, its all over the place and not organized enough to convey a single coherent idea other than "big brain, computer scary". If your going to present a conspiracy theory to a place such as ATS its got to at least have some semblance of sanity and sense, but this one falls just a tad short of that.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Who REALLY controls DNS?

www.icannwatch.org...

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Yes, because we all know DNS is some high and mighty impossible thing that only those elite can do. Yep every farking Linux distro out there provides at least one DNS daemon, usually two (bind and named) to choose from. ISPs run nameservers, companies run nameservers. Anybody can setup a DNS server if they choose, so if you have such a huge beef with it configure your computers to use a DNS server that better suits you.

As for the whole internet control issue its a load of horse puckey in the first place. Somebody in europe got miffed that ICANN turned down the .xxx top level domain for whatever reason (doesnt much matter to me) so now they have and axe to grind and what to make a huge fuss over the internet being US dominated. If they have such a big issue with the .xxx tld why not put up their own root servers and just tell everyone in europe to use them instead of the main 13 already out there? Why? Because the politicians want to pick a fight over a non-issue, thats why!

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It is purely political, if push came to shove, the rest of the world could have their own root servers in less than a week with the right team. I could organise it myself.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strodyn
It is purely political, if push came to shove, the rest of the world could have their own root servers in less than a week with the right team. I could organise it myself.

Ok then why havent they yet?

alternateheaven (actually read it before you speak this time):
www.thenewamerican.com...

www.nytimes.com...

www.int.iol.co.za...

I'm sure we'll hang on long enuff to start getting these brains into position, if they already are not. Realistiaclly, would it even matter? The brains would still gain full access to all of the information, and could likely take it over if needed.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBliss

Because the social and economic implications would cripple the world for one.

[edit on 30/11/05 by Strodyn]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strodyn

Because the social and economic implications would cripple the world for one.

[edit on 30/11/05 by Strodyn]

So then you are contradicting yourself?

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Not at all.....I was advising that if the situation ever arose the 'rest of the world' could quiet happily have an 'Internet' without the root servers based in the US.

I did not suggest that this will happen.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
o ok.

Anyways thats the roguh and dirty version. If anyone has any doubts about the real threats of this system please ask, it only gets better.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
These links aren't working.

However let me add that a computer is nothing more than a calculator on steroids. Nothing more. It can only switch, or do one calculation at a time roughly speaking. This model is NOTHING LIKE consciouness at all, which vaguely is more like a neural network than a CPU. There is absolutely no chance a computer could EVER become conscious with its current architecture.

If you are saying computers can be used as an evil tool, well so can ANYTHING.

What ever happened to deny ignorance?

Here is the rough and dirty(flyer) version, the only version im allowed to post(I'd have to paste):

ANY QUESTIONS?

top topics

join