It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Above Top Secret War Game Scenario

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
For Naval and Aerial Combat:

Submit locations of current assets in the Battle Theater.

THE GAME IS NOW PAUSED TO ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES

NO more submitting actions.

For the purpose of a combat scenario, all relevant countries are present.

ALL country leaders submit to me by U2U your current sit-rep and intentions.

Ground Combat will be decided by TEWT system. If you do not understand how to do Tactical Exercises Without Troops, please say so and I will give an example. Otherwise I will assume you understand basic military strategy techniques.

STAY TUNED

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy
Unless I am on your ignore lists, you should have seen my previous postings. I made a number of suggestions and requested a very simple diagram to display your positions, which very few people replied to.

Your not on my ignore list mate, and I actually read your suggestions back in the first couple of pages, and even suggested a modified form of what you suggested as the basis for our rules.

I don't think a constantly online judge will work, I certainly don't have the time to do that.

I certainly sympathise with that.

There is a steady stream of people posting what they are doing without really displaying any real diagram or indication of current asset locations.

When the posturing stops and the shooting starts it will then become too confusing to enjoy and judge, so unless this starts to develop some structure rather quickly, I don't feel I would be capable of judging.

So, one last time, images of your current fleet and asset positions from each participating countries. Setting the time to D-1. When the judges are satisfied that all players and judges understand the rules of engagement and current positions, D-Day will begin.....

Well, here is how I see it. You really can't just have everyone post where everything is located in this thread, because that gives away a lot of strategic information and also negates the use of recon assets.

What I suggested in a U2U a while ago is that we have a judges only map, where ALL assets on BOTH sides are displayed for you the judges to decide conflict.

there would then be another map for either side, depicting all of our own assets, and any known enemy assets. Some enemy units, such as air craft carriers, would most likely be on our map. Others such as special forces units or stealth aircraft might not. What is known to us would of course be decided by a judge.

The "orders" given to units would be U2Ued to the judges, and then they could give the outcome of that action.

For instance, I order F-16's to fly up and down the DMZ. North Korea simultaneously plans a sneak attack. Depending on where they told you they were going to attack, and what units I had in the area (some of which of course would not be known to the NK general) you the judge would decide if I intercepted them before their attack, after it, or even if I intercepted them at all.

I'd like to hear some feedback on this, as I can't really decide how complicated it would get, and thus how viable it would be.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Well, Hello to everybody... I'am now in the game, and I'am playing as USA...

Recommendation to the USA amy generals. We have no actual soldiers, ready to fight at the "war scene". And therefore we should deploy one of our air-borne divisions, for instace the 82nd in Taiwan, so that we would have an attack force too...

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I will be the Field Marshall in command of the British Army and other Land forces including the Territorial Army.

I have a request to make to the US SecDef. I would like to request permission to send 2 regiments of Infantry(One Light, One Mechanised), 2 Tank Regiments, 3 Squadrons of aircraft(Two Harrier Sqadrons, One Tornado Sqdn.), an Artillery Regiment, as well as 1 Regiment of Logistics forces and 1 regiment of SAS to train in conjuntion with US forces at Ft. Irwin's National Training Center. This move is to improve communication between our armed forces in combined arms combat as well as help improve our capabilities with the upcoming threat that appears to be approaching from the Asian Continent.

[edit on 12/5/2005 by ludaChris]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I sat down and decided to work on a ruleset.. I spent about 3 hours on this and I'm trying to look at it from every angle without making it to overly hard.. Comments and changes/ideas are welcomed.

Mobilization Ruleset

When moving any military unit, you must announce your move and your reason for the move.

Subrules:

a) Time estimations must be supplied for open debate. It is not possible to deploy a squadron instantanously. An estimate of minutes to several days of travel time must be considered and agreed upon. If a player contests an estimated time of travel, a judge will make a decision and/or adjust the time of travel.

b) Disinformation is acceptable. But the disinformation must not discard important information such as destination, military type, and quanity/quality of movement.

Communication Rulese

Absolutly no communication is to be allowed between cross factions.
Only under a direct announcement of a retreat, surrender, or complete global surrender, shall cross-faction country leaders exchange u2u's.

Countries of the same faction are allowed to communicate, and encouraged, to plan, debate, and maybe even change factions.. leave the option open. It limits the amount of intellegence shared between countries.

Battle Sequence

Travel time restrictions apply here.

a) The announcement:

No attack shall be started without properly and accuratly describing what you have mobilized. Before the attack, you must supply this information and it must be approved by the opposing target within 72 hours. If any players contest the attackee's mobilization, a consensus amongst the players (or a single judge) must be met. So make sure your attack military force is properly described and accuratly deployed.

Try not to over-step too many simultaneous live events. If 2 players are currently in engagement, postpone your announcement to give them their time in the light. Once the engagement is finished, a new engagement may be announce. If you feel you simply can not postpone an attack, and wish to run another attack, you may request so via u2u to either a judge or the 2 current fighters.

But no more then 3 simultaneous attacks may be run at a time. This gives the judges the oppurtunity to monitor and judge during the events. If more then 3 events are in motion, then a judge may become overwhelmed.

Proper way of announcing:

[insert country name] has mobilised [insert entire military capabilities] and is proceeding to attack [CITY location].

This post should be very detailed. A city map of the attack should be reviewed and a direct infiltration and movement should be detailed in full.

IF THIS INFORMATION IS NOT SUPPLIED, THE ATTACK MAY BE CONTESTED WITHIN 72 HOURS.

If an attack is not properly disclosed, and is contested on a later date, the entire attack and/or victory may be reversed by a judge!

If the battle is reversed at a later day, every resulting battle that is/was affected by this victory/defeat is reversed. It will be as if the battle, and every resulting battle never happened. You will be given your lost military forces back, and will lose any and all resulting land or position.

So make sure your attack announcement is properly displayed.

The defending player has 72 hours to either contest the attack announcement, or accept the battle. If the attack is not contested, and the player has not accepted the battle after the 72 hour time period, the battle may commence.

If a player is effectively outnumbered, he may either a) fight or b) surrender

- Fighting results in loss of military forces on both sides.
- Surrendering results in limbo of military forces on your side. The POW's will be transported to a city/location of the winner's decision as due in accordance to the Mobilization rules and timesets.

The 72 hour decision timer is put in place to prevent a player from becoming AWOL. If the player does not reply during the 72 hour timeframe, all assets and military power will be decided by a judge. The estimation of loss will greatly be against the AWOL player. It will be calculated as if it were a suprise attack. So if you don't reply, chances are you're going to be wiped up pretty badly unless you have an expendential army in place.

b) The attack sequence:

1) Phase 1

Attack phase 1 consists of allowing the attacker and defender to properly deploy local troops within the city/location in which the battle will occur.

We will assume that both sides will be properly mobilized. No surprise attacks allowed.

-Attackee responsibilities

The attackee must supply a proper and understandable placement of troops and forces outside the city. You do not have to supply attacking routes, just outer city placement.

-Defendee responsibities

After reviewing the attackee's troop placement, you have 48 hours to present a troop layout and city defence placement in accordance to mobilization accuracy.

2) Attack phase 2

After both teams suscessfully exchange troop positions, the attackee supplies an attack route(s).

A description of troop amount, equipment used, and attack used must be supplied.

c) Engagement Imagination

This is where the engagement takes place. This process can either be communicated via u2u, or in public. But evidence of the attack must be saved and reviewed by a judge at the end of the event or in the direct cause of a player's contest.

Every attack must be agreed upon. Players will be required to supply troop deaths, equipment lost, and land gained/lost. If a player contests the amount of loss, a judge may be asked for review/decision.

During the engagement, players will take the reigns. They will agree or disagree on troop loss, equipment loss, and land gained. If the players can not agree, a judge will make the final decision upon request.

Types of combat engagements:

-Close Combat
-Troop Placement
-Equipment Placement

The type of encounter must be agreed upon by both the attackee and the defendee. If the players cannot agree on a decision, a judge will make the decision.

The 3 different engagement options allow the players to decide how deeply they wish to engage eachother. It is encouraged that Close Combat simulations be conducted via u2u and displayed upon completion of combat. (To limit thread spam). Troop placement and Equipment placement may be broadcast live in the thread. Close combat situations may be requested as a live event if all the players agree.

The use of map systems, such as Google Earth, is strongly advised. Know you city, know you country.

Close Combat

This encounter can either be a (city) street to street simulation or a block to block encounter. Players are encouraged to load maps of the local city and plan out the attack amongst themselves.

Getting tired, its 4am .. I'll finish/edit this tomarrow

#) Surrender

A surrender must be announce within the 72 hour announcement timeset. No surrender will be accepted after the 72 hour window. The battle will be considered live, and the request will be rejected.

If a defendee decides to surrender, he loses his entire local military force. Equipment will be added to the attackee's arsenal, and military personel will be will be transported to a city/location of the winner's decision as due in accordance to the Mobilization rules and timesets.

The POW's can be rescued if a player successfully mounts a local attack on a city where a POW camp is located.

[edit on 12/5/2005 by QuietSoul]

[edit on 12/5/2005 by QuietSoul]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Update from Judge

Sorry I haven't been on in a while. It's been my birthday and I been doing school homework in between time. I have A LOT to Update and POST On.

This thread is turning out very NICE! I am about to read way back to page 11. I'll provide updates soon as I can. I'd like to add that every four pages equals a new day.

P.S. I can't wait to read.
& if anyone else wants to join, u2u me providing you tell me what country you 'd like to represent.

Liquid out

[edit on 063131p://111 by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy]

[edit on 063131p://111 by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Liquid, turned up did we?

I'm not sure if I want to be spending an entire month just writing up a battle plan for a little engagement. To do so would mean that I would have to work out where I wanted to attack, and why, submit my battle plans 3 days prior to the attack at least, post statistics on weapons, troops, movements and locations, draw who knows how many maps showing what I mean, then I've got to work out who I'm going to have to send those maps to, all the while coping with another assault someones throwing at me, and then I've got to damn well mount my attack just as I said I would. Yeah, maybe I'm a sad person and there is no surf at the moment, but that still doesn't mean I want to burn my eyeballs out.

QuietSoul, that was an excellent post, and I can see the amount of effort you put into it . . . but is there no other option? I do not want to be enslaved by this. Not saying I don't want to do it or anything, it's great fun, but still . . .

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The Russian Federation is sending 200,000 troops and 2,000 battle tanks to the DMZ (i would name the regiments iam sending but i cant seem to fing the names srry)

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The USA army has agreed to move the whole 82nd airborne divison to the Taiwanese western boardes from their homebase fort Bragg. The troops will not be moved to one specific city, but scattered over a larger area of three cities, called Tapei, Taichung and Kaohsiung. (check the map). The reason for this surprising move is, that the Government of United States of America has reason to believe, that the armed forces of China will launch an invasion against the Taiwanese islands. And from there be able to launch attacks againt the USA fleet. The 1st Brigade will be placed in the city called Tapei, the second Brigade to Taichung, and the third to Kaohsiung. These Brigades will get support from the 313th intelligence battalion, The Advanced airborne school and the 82nd support battalion.

The 82nd airborne divison contains:

1st Brigade - 504 PIR

2nd Brigade - 325 AIR

3rd Brigade - 505 PIR

Division Artillery

82d Aviation Brigade

82nd Signal Battalion

Division Support Command

307th Engineer Battalion

313th Military Intelligence Battalion

Advanced Airborne School

82d Paratrooper Support Battalion Division Band.

[edit on 5-12-2005 by Figher Master FIN]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The Russian Federation would like to remind that there is a Russain fleet west of tawain and the US ground forces will have to go though to land on tawain

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Note to all commanders:

1. Download this Map

www.upload2.net...

2. Place your assets in this region on this map. Positions as of when I shouted stop!

3. Upload your completed file to

www.upload2.net and send me the link by U2U

4. I will then compare all the different forces and try and compile a Judges map and a All-can-see map

5. I will display a situation map and then we can decide if a conflict will arise.

Here is a very crappy example of what I want

www.upload2.net...

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The USA airborne divison will fly to their destination. Not, true the Russian fleet, but true their own fleet, the USS. Kittyhawk. The soldiers will fly with a large fleet of C-17, and after that land on Taiwanese ground. All contact with foreign lands armies is strictly forbidden!!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Here is my postions www.upload2.net...

I also have some of my northern fleet of the coast of the UK

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Folks, including WAGD and FIN, remember, we're paused.

The hex map will work for the pacific engagements, however, we'll need a more detailed map of Korea for this. The google maps will do, but you are correct, we need to declare all active forces, and their positions. This doesnt have to be the entire nations army or navy, etc. Just the pieces that will be involved in combat.
While that means NK, SK, and Japan can declare all pieces, Russia, China, and the USA cannot.

We need a clock. Simply something that will chart the time for our scenario, because frankly, even I dont know how long its been, and half the US airforce has moved.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Where the heck are we at right now. Jesus Christ 24 pages already. What did you do Westpoint? I let you take responsibility for the weekend and this what happens?
I like to be informed as to where we are at right now. u2u me or post the info up on this thread.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Again people, game play is haulted untill we can get rules and a system down.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Activation of cells in China with a bounty on watch_the_rocks head. We will attack from within. We have our own terrorist cells.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I do not have much time to post as of now, due to my homework load, but I propose that we could use the Greenwich Meridian Time and go from there with the rule structure. To view the currenct GMT time click this link
GMT TIME then click
"Open the time in a new window: Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)" and the currenct GMT time will be displayed.

[edit on 043131p://111 by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
If we need more judges, I'm willing to surrender my role as CINCPAC of US forces and judge. Otherwise, our President has promoted me to command all US forces in the Pacific from commander of just the KH BG.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raideur
The hex map will work for the pacific engagements, however, we'll need a more detailed map of Korea for this. The google maps will do, but you are correct, we need to declare all active forces, and their positions. This doesnt have to be the entire nations army or navy, etc. Just the pieces that will be involved in combat.
While that means NK, SK, and Japan can declare all pieces, Russia, China, and the USA cannot.

EXACTLY. THANK YOU!

As I know the positions of your assets I can determine points of conflict and then posit a scenario. The people involved in that scenario can then decide what to do with that small section of their forces.

For example, at the current deployment positions, there is a high probability of an incident in the Pacific between the Chinese and the US. Once I know force positions to a reasonable level of accuracy, with radar ranges and effective weapon ranges I can set out a map of the engagement.

The forces involved can then discuss how the different forces would react and try and convince the judges of the reality of this. The judges will then determine outcomes. In this case, a naval engagement may take place, a Chinese missile frigate may try and launch an attack, the US side will then respond with how their ships may be able to withstand such an attack. From the range, type of weapon, etc., the judges will determine how many, if any, missiles/planes/etc get through and the damage they would inflict.

Let's apply the K.I.S.S. principle. Keep It Simple, Stupid!!!!

One conflict at a time and once we have bloodied the players we can discuss landing troops and starting Battalion level TEWT scenarios with infantry and other assets.

In the case of aerial attacks, if you wish to carry out an airstrike you need to send me a target location. If the Chinese have done their job, I should know at that stage the locations of their patrol aircraft and AA assets. We can set up an aerial combat scenario and discuss that.

As for time. When I paused the scenario I stated it was D-1. When we start again it will be D+0hrs. Each commander will then post what they intend to do in the next 6hr block. It will look like this.

D+1hrs: Ship A launches a missile attack against US Ship
D+2hrs: A 1 hour Naval engagement ensues. Discuss tactics.
D+3hrs: From Base A troops are dispatched to location X. It will take 3 hrs to deploy.
D+4hrs: AA assets being moved to location Y from Base B. it will take 2 hrs to deploy.
D+5hrs: Ships deploy from Naval base C to join the BG in the theater. They will take 8hrs to reach these co-ords
D+6hrs: Base A troops arrive at location X, AA assets now protect location Y.

I have had only one response for troop locations. Come on guys.

We need a clock. Simply something that will chart the time for our scenario, because frankly, even I dont know how long its been, and half the US airforce has moved.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join