It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Above Top Secret War Game Scenario

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The United States will put all forces in Korea on DefCon 3, the Bonhomme Richard Strike Group will continue to monitor SK costal waters, however, the Kitty Hawk CBG will deploy from the Eastern coast of SK to the middle of the Sea of Japan. The KH CBG is to impose a naval blockade of the Eastern coast of North Korea.

The Ronal Reagan is to deploy immediately to the Yellow Sea imposing a naval blockade of the Western coast of North Korea.

The United States will deploy one Global Hawk UAV it has in the region to conduct flights in and around the Korean peninsula, monitoring sensitive areas. The US will also deploy several Predator UAV’s to conduct patrols along the DMZ.

[edit on 5-12-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
[edit on 12/5/2005 by ludaChris]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Sorry for my not being present for the last few days. Finals are coming up and I been bustin my ass. I have some catch up reading to do but do have figures on the UK's military.

Availability
(males age 16-49) 14,607,724 (2005 est.)
Fit for military service
(males age 16-49) 12,046,268 (2005 est.)
Expenditure
Sterling figure
(FY05/06) £36,250,656,000
US Dollar figure
(FY05/06) $65,250,000,000
Percent of GDP
(2005) 2.7%
Strength
British Army
Main Battle Tanks 386 Challenger 2
Infantry fighting vehicles 575 Warrior
Armoured Personnel Carriers 4,000+
Artillery 400
Aircraft 290
Personnel (Regular Army) 112,700
Personnel (Territorial Army) 40,000+
Royal Navy
Ballistic Missile Submarines 4
Fleet Submarines 11
Aircraft Carriers 3
Helicopter Carrier 1
Destroyers 8
Frigates 18
Patrol boats 22
Amphibious Assault ships 2
Minesweepers 18
Survey vessels 5
Aircraft 210
Personnel (Regular) 40,900
Personnel (Royal Naval Reserve) 3,250
Personnel (Royal Marines Reserve) 600
Royal Fleet Auxiliary
Tankers 9
Resupply ships 2
Tanker/Resupply ships 2
Aviation training ship 1
Repair ship 1
Amphibious Assault ships 5
Strategic lift vessels 6
Royal Air Force
Aircraft 942 (including helicopters)
Personnel 53,400

www.raf.mod.uk... is a list of modern aircraft now in use by the RAF at the moment.

www.royal-navy.mod.uk... website gives infor on the Royal Navy's(includes the Royal Marines)fleet ships, submarines, aircraft ect.

www.specialoperations.com...
Here is a link to their Special Forces units and capabilities.

I will do my best in the next week to do further research as well as explain more rather than just posting links, but I have to study a lot in the next week. After that I will be completely devoted to this little project here.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The Russian Federation would like to remind the USA that a part of the Russian pacifc fleet is deplyed at lat 132 long 40 TRF is now putting a 75 mile no sail zone around it

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The United States will launch several F-15 Fighters from Kadena AFB to the Sea of Japan. The KH CBG and RR CBG will deploy several F/A-18 Super Hornets to fly patrol missions around each US Carrier.

Any aircraft entering North Korean airspace will be intercepted and ask to identify itself by US fighters.
US Fighters will not initiate hostilities, any US fighters shot down by NK or any other country will require a full US retaliatory response.

US Fighters and ships will respect Russian 75 mile no sail-fly zone.

The United States urges China to enforce it’s borders with north Korea and not allow foreign countries to use it’s land or airspace to enter North Korea.

The US will also deploy one E-3 aircraft from Kadena AFB Japan to assist the KH CBG.
Both the RR and KH CBG’s have deployed E-2’s to offer air support to their fighters.

[edit on 5-12-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The Russian Federation sighing of foe about 6 hours dont start no wars without me please

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
British Army Regiments: Ones that will most likeley see Combat

Royal Armoured Corps: 12 Regiments
Of these 12 regiments, six are equipped with Challenger 2 and four with the Scimitar. The Joint Nuclear Biological and Chemical Regiment with the 1st Royal Tank Regiment, provide the British Armed Forces with the ability to detect hazardous materials in any environment.

The Royal Regiment of Artillery:
Inclueds Air Defense, Artillery, and Surveilance Units

Royal Infantry: 34 Regiments
www.army.mod.uk... to the Locations of Infantry Regiments in the UK.
www.army.mod.uk... to locations of Infantry Regiments throughout the world.
This includes Light Infantry, Mechanised Infantry, Armoured Infantry, Air-Assault Infantry(Airborne), the Territorial Army(Composed of appx. 25% of Infantry perosonnel, and Special Forces.

The Corps of Royal Engineers: Comprised of 22 Units
Located Throughout the UK and Germany.

Royal Logistics Corps:
The website is is under construction, will post more infor when attainable.

The Army Air Corps:
Incluedes attack, transport, and medical helicopter units. Also Includes and Air Assault Brigade.

Links to more organisational information on the British Army
www.army.mod.uk...
www.army.mod.uk...

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I like this game. I've read through alot of the previous intel you've supplied and I'm probably going to be joining the fight. Joining the war wasn't prevented from what I gather from reading the game rules.

Sooo, here's what I'm going to do. First, I'm going to pick a country (a smaller country). There's a whole slew of countries to pick from, so after I decide, I'm going to u2u the thread OP and request that I join the fight and supply him with my countries military capabilities.

Once I get the OP's (and whoever else's vote) approval, I'm going to start contacting specific countries and offer assistance.

Now my direct involvement at this point is still questionable. From what you're gathering from intellegence, it would take several weeks (or more) until you learn about my planned involvement.

This will give me time to strategize my involvement, my attack, my retreat and my defense.

Hopefully, in the 3 weeks that I'm mobilising my military and trying to control my local media coverage of the mobilisation by a distrubiting a slew of misinformation, I'll be in properly deployed and ready to begin my involvement and negotiations with my new chosen allies.

Nothing like a sneak attack to add to the reality of war.

[edit on 12/5/2005 by QuietSoul]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
Have you guys considered adding more countries since the game is still relativly young and a lot of people are willing to do research on a new country's military capabilities?

Give it a thought, I'm sure the new slots would fill quickly. I for one would like in. You can add a spin to the current story with the sudden involvement of a list of countries.

"The current world war just suddenly gets bigger with 'such and such' countries picking sides!"

Give it a thought guys, theres around 200 countries in the world..

I have no problem with adding other nations...

The problem is as it goes right now, we don't even have a combat "system" or rules or anything like that.

We haven't heard from a judge in a while either.

We really need to get that stuff down before we expand the game more.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
There IS a Russian fleet off of the UK in French waters right now, so it would be easy to expand things. You're welcome to join us Quietsoul, and if you know others I don't think anyone has a problem with expanding. Let us get a combat system worked out amongst the members. If no one has a serious objection, why doesn't anyone that want to join us just post who they want to be with military units. We're gonna work out a combat system tomorrow if we don't hear from a judge soon.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
See above post, I re-edited the entire post

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Saw that after I posted.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Hopefully I can get in the game without any problems. It's really up to the country leaders to vote in my opinion.. if you don't mind a new country, then I'll get started planning ASAP.

And if there isn't a battle simulation to follow on, the leaders should spend a day in chat and work one out.

The judges don't control the game, the players should. The judges main job should be just telling you if you're going outside the rules of the game, and lastly, chosing a victor wayyyy down the line when the game ends.

Think of it like a Union, the workers make the rules, the judge approve or disapprove.

I'd be more then willing to help put together a battle ruleset.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Right now, stop everything. We are devising rules.

This is how players currently stand:

Allies

United States: Zaphod58(Cmdr of Kitty Hawk battlegroup), WestPoint23(Sec of Def), deltaboy(US President)
United Kingdom: ludachris, devilwasp(First Sea lord of the Royal navy)
Japan: Elab
South Korea: American Mad Man, Raideur

Communist Nations

China: Shadow XIX, ignorant_ape, watch_the_rocks( Head of Military Commission), tiddly54(Dep Military & Economic Minster)
North Korea: Josh Gator54
Russia: WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE

Judges: LiquidationOfDiscrepancy, Howmuchisthedoggy, Empty

New Country added:
Taiwan:None (need players)

There have been various rules and submitted suggestions for how this 'game' should be run, but none have really struck home. Either we make it to hard, to complicated, or to easy, to confusing.
In the real world, two or more militaries can face off against each other quite happily; but in a game, there needs to be a median to simulate real warfare. If I was to send a PLA-AF strike against a US battle fleet, they could just say they shot them all down. And who am I to protest?

The judges need to be well versed in military technology and strategy from all the combatant countries. Biased judgings will result otherwise.
Now I am not proposing anything, but I'll keep an eye out in case something fits.

We should not resume playing until rules have been worked out, methods have been made, and we have a few dependable judges.

Also, these judges should work in shifts so that at least one is always online. As for the members playing countries, there is not much we can do about that.

I don't think that there is any real limit to the number of countries that can join, it's just that it will get more and more confusing the more people join.
Also, this 20 or so page thread is getting a bit hard to navigate around in.
It took a while to find that list of players above.

So, any replies welcome.

[edit]Hmmm. I just spotted QuietSoul's post.

[edit on 5/12/2005 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
The UK is sending the no. 8 Sqdn. of Air Defenst Early Warning Aircraft and the no.9 Sqdn. of Tornado GR4's to South Korea, to beef up the current defenses and early warning capabilities in the region, and to support current SK and US perosnnel.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   

New Country added:
Taiwan:None (need players)

There have been various rules and submitted suggestions for how this 'game' should be run, but none have really struck home. Either we make it to hard, to complicated, or to easy, to confusing.
In the real world, two or more militaries can face off against each other quite happily; but in a game, there needs to be a median to simulate real warfare. If I was to send a PLA-AF strike against a US battle fleet, they could just say they shot them all down. And who am I to protest?

The judges need to be well versed in military technology and strategy from all the combatant countries. Biased judgings will result otherwise.
Now I am not proposing anything, but I'll keep an eye out in case something fits.

We should not resume playing until rules have been worked out, methods have been made, and we have a few dependable judges.

Also, these judges should work in shifts so that at least one is always online. As for the members playing countries, there is not much we can do about that.

I don't think that there is any real limit to the number of countries that can join, it's just that it will get more and more confusing the more people join.
Also, this 20 or so page thread is getting a bit hard to navigate around in.
It took a while to find that list of players above.

So, any replies welcome.

[edit]Hmmm. I just spotted QuietSoul's post.
[edit on 5/12/2005 by watch_the_rocks]

Kinda like stuck in post limbo here, I'm going to shoot back a reply here instead of waiting for another post..

Tag you're it.

I'll take Taiwan, but if you add countries, don't specify which side they'll take. Leave it open for the new players to decide. Add's some spice

So if I can take Taiwan at a current Neutral Position, I'll be more then happy.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I agree. Since combat appears imminent, we need to hold everything, and have a country meeting to figure out how it's gonna work. I'm on almost the entire day, until at least 2am here. (HST)

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Like I said, you (or anyone else) is free to join as far as I am concerned.

The only real thing to keep in mind is that if you (not specifically you QS, just anyone who is thinking of joining) is that you will really hurt the game if you start playing, get a country heavilly involved, and then stop playing in the middle of WWIII.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with WTR...

We need to get a system/rules in place before we can continue. The hard part is going to be striking a balance between realism and practicality, and frankly I don't really know exactly how we are going to accomplish this.

I think the main challange is going to be getting a few judges who are well versed in military affairs who we can rely on to be available to judge.

In any case, let's get the rules done before we get any further along in this.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Maybe you could shorten the list of choices first. Like, allow each country to select only three units of each type of machine, like three types of tanks, three fighter planes, three destroyers, etc.

Then average the numbers down across the board so that they're more condensed (turn 3,000,000 troops/2000 tanks into 30,000 troops/20 tanks so that you're dealing with smaller numbers. Then at least you'll have a much simpler gameboard.

You can probably then debate each piece's offensive and defensive capabilities. You'll probably have to have a "pause" and "rewind" button for the game also, like you are doing. It's interesting, so don't give up.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
The problem is as it goes right now, we don't even have a combat "system" or rules or anything like that.

We haven't heard from a judge in a while either.

We really need to get that stuff down before we expand the game more.

Unless I am on your ignore lists, you should have seen my previous postings. I made a number of suggestions and requested a very simple diagram to display your positions, which very few people replied to.

I don't think a constantly online judge will work, I certainly don't have the time to do that. There is a steady stream of people posting what they are doing without really displaying any real diagram or indication of current asset locations.

When the posturing stops and the shooting starts it will then become too confusing to enjoy and judge, so unless this starts to develop some structure rather quickly, I don't feel I would be capable of judging.

So, one last time, images of your current fleet and asset positions from each participating countries. Setting the time to D-1. When the judges are satisfied that all players and judges understand the rules of engagement and current positions, D-Day will begin.....

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join