It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Above Top Secret War Game Scenario

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
United States, South Korea, United Kingdom are now AT war against China, and North Korea.

This is a professional theoretical debate, that involves extensive research with credible sources to back up ANY claims you may have. I want to set up a productive learning debate based off factual information on a possible future war scenario between United States, Japan, South Korea against China and North Korea. I for one am not a military expert on tanks, equipment, air craft, ships, or troops. This is where you come in. I would like to allow anyone to comment in this thread with this information, but I would like to select five different people that would play "dictator" of their select nation(be it US, SK, Japan or NK, China & for the fun of it we'll add United Kingdom) which provides information on their military capabilities. If you want, we can have more than one person that provides information on the same country. More or less this is a realistic war game that uses logic and fun to predict certain outcomes. This thread is not concern with how this war started, but how it will end.

I now need someone to choose from each country listed below ( more than one person per each country is allowed) Ask for me to OK it

Allie Power

• United Kingdom
  • United States
  • South Korea
  • Japan

Communist Party

• China
  • North Korea

Rules

• You must u2u me, or ask to join a country and get my OK
  • You must provide accurate facts on your country's military weapons (Including troops, tanks, ships, air craft ect with credible sources)
  • ABSOLUTELY NO BASHING in this thread
  • I will have at least one, or two other judges besides myself to look over this thread, u2u me if you are interested
  • Be fair, have fun, and enjoy yourself
  • The first few postings will be comments, and request followed by accurate military information provided by each country leader.
  • Last but not least, YOU are trying to convince me, and the other judges why your country would win this war

This thread will only be good as you make it.

So good luck, and have fun. Lets get this war started.

[edit on 063030p://333 by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy]

[edit on 063030p://333 by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy]

[edit on 073030p://333 by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I'll jump in on the US side since I know the most about them, out of all the countries listed. Sounds like fun. Let me know when you have everyone, and are ready to start this "war"

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
For some reason my U2U isnt working at the moment, but Id like to jump in on the Brits. It will give me a chance to learn more about out great allies across the pond.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Great start guys. So far this is how the teams look

Allies

United States: Zaphod58, WestPoint23
United Kingdom: ludachris
Japan: None
South Korea: None

Communist Nations

China: None
North Korea: None

Judges: LiquidationOfDiscrepancy, Empty, Empty

I am open to add any allies for China and NK, if provided a good reason why.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Ok, well I just got the ok and I am now on the US team. I’m looking forward to having a war scenario based upon facts.

[edit on 30-11-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
We should look into having a mod as a judge, to keep the sniping down. That's gonna be a real problem, trying to keep that out of this.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Zap, Ludachris, and Westpoint.

Start looking up facts about your country's:

• Tanks
  • Weapons
  • Troops
  • Air craft
  • Special Forces/Special Ops
  • Ships, and any other significant info.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

This thread is not concern with how this war started, but how it will end.

This a cool idea, but it seems like the first thing to do is to decide what constitutes victory. Here are some thoughts off the top of my head:

-- Least number of your own citizens dead
-- Most number of your enemy's citizens dead
-- Least number of sq. miles irradiated in your home country
-- Most number of sq. miles irradiated in enemies' home territory

...I guess most people look at #2 because it's the simplest way to gauge the success of your war machines. But then, by this standard, the USA completely won Vietnam, so it becomes harder to say for sure.

What will be the conditions for victory?

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I'm working on that now. I'll post that later tonight or tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Great question smallpeeps

I will leave that you for you the player to decide the most effective, intelligent, and logical way we (the judges) decide the winners.

Right now I am concerned about setting up the teams for each country.
But please feel free about adding to the rules for deciding a winner, based upon a credible sources, accurate information, and the over all best military actions taken by each player's country.

I think some guide lines for earning points would work,for example, the countries with the most points for their team will be the winner.

Maybe the Alliance team will start with 4 points
China & NK: 6 points (based on the size of China)

and some rules for taking away points for high deaths in your nation.

Just some ideas.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Amorymeltzer, I just u2ued you.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
We already have a Debate Forum here. If you want a solid, structured debate there, then u2u me or Nygdan, and we'll help you set it up. This, however, is not the place for such games (hint: check the stickies).

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I think some guide lines for earning points would work,for example, the countries with the most points for their team will be the winner.

Maybe the Alliance team will start with 4 points
China & NK: 6 points (based on the size of China)

and some rules for taking away points for high deaths in your nation.

Good idea. This could quickly escalate into too much detail, but if I understand, you'd like to have each player describe their battle plan and then the rest of us will judge? We must figure out a way to keep this thread from going the way of most "weaponry comparison" threads. How shall we know if missle XYZ could actually take out a US aircraft carrier, for example?

Also I think the question quickly becomes one of escalation because once one enemy appears to face defeat, they will face the final decision to use nukes or not. In fact, you could say that once one side was cornered sufficiently that they would feel the war was lost, then the scenario could end because we cannot know how a nation's military will act when it faces total defeat. They may grind it out suicidally like Hitler.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Okay Guys, It looks like this will be a real debate, (not a war like rpg, unless you still want it to be) in the debate thread. In order to do this, I still need some participants.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Just to warn you guys,

LiquidationOfDiscrepancy is a genius at stuff like this! Trust me!

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
So let me know what you would like to do. RPG debate based on facts, Or a more structured debate based on the most convincing information that either the Communist Countries, or Allie Countries would win a war against each other in this given situation.

If we go for the real debate, I need a person who feels strong in information about United States, United Kingdom, and South Korea's military that could convince the judges that these countries would win a war against China and NK.

I also need a person to do the same for North Korea, and China that would convince the judges that China, and NK would win a war against the US.

The person with the most convincing evidence wins.
Liquid out...

[edit on 083030p://333 by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'd like to see a structured debate personally. RPG gets too much setup involved.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Zaphod58, I am working on making this an official debate now with Amorymeltzer in the debate forum. But this still can be a RPG war thread.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
For the RPG war Thread JoshGator54 now represents NK

More players are welcomed, but u2u me, if you want to be in the real debate thread, in the debate forum.

Just because this is RPG, does not make its quality lower, remember you determine the quality of this thread. I want this to be a well researched RPG thread. For the members that joined so far, start posting your countries military weapons, and superiority.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I'll start posting mine tonight. I stay up all night long anyway so I'll have plenty of time later on. Do you want actual numbers, or are we limiting them in any way? What parameters are we putting in as far as weapons lists, etc?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join