It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Highstep Busts Heroin Ring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Their days of smuggling heroin in dancing shoes and artwork over, the arrest of 78 members of a Columbian heroin ring, and the seizure of 78 kilos of the drug were announced today by the DEA, culminating a year-long investigation.

www.cnn.com
Drug bust and dancing shoes
Posted 12:01 p.m. ET
From Carol Cratty, CNN America Bureau

The Drug Enforcement Administration Wednesday announced the results of a major drug operation aimed at a Colombian heroin ring that used artwork, furniture, and clothing to smuggle drugs into the United States.

The year-long effort was called Operation High Step because some drugs were found in dancing shoes.

According to the DEA more than 50 people have been arrested in the United States and in Colombia and more than 75 kilos of heroin have been seized.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Bravo to the DEA for going after the real problem in the world today - heroin. I could go on and on about it, but instead I will link to previous threads.

Related News Links:
www.belowtopsecret.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30-11-2005 by Icarus Rising]

[edit on 8-12-2005 by asala]

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I forgot to link to this recent story in my original post. This story symbolizes the entire problem for me. This kid might as well have had a WMD in his pocket. Imo, heroin is the mother of all WMDs.

Teacher finds Heroin on five-year-old

new topics

join