It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im in love...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Hey everyone.

Ive never been so happy in my life.

Recently, I met a girl. Ususally, im just a normal guy looking for sex. But this girl is different.

Shes been in a relationship for 6 years with this guy who didn't treat her right, he didn't hit her, he just wasn't a nice guy.

I met her about 4 weeks ago. And today, she broke up with him.

Thers just something about her, her personality, that I just fell in love with. I never used to believe in love a first sight, but now I do.

I love her so much every time I think about her, I break down and cry with happiness.

Though, she has no idea I feel this way. We're just firends now, but I want to go out with her. And get to know her better.

ATS'rs, I need some help. How do I approach her about this?

-Jared

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Love her to your hearts content but take it from me when you part ways you will feel like you wanna die just a heads up

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Do Not Date Her

What I mean by that is right now, you might be on the "friend" list. Bad place to be. She just had a 6 year relationship and just ended that. Leave her be and let her get over that (which can take some time) and then swoop in out of nowhere and close the deal.

You don't need to be the "rebound guy" and you don't need to be the "friend" that helps her through this and then she springboards to another guy while saying thanks "friend" for all your support.

I would say keep in contact and be friendly, but don't be her friend during this grieving process.

[edit on 30-11-2005 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Hello, Mr Beezer here.

Glad to see the young folk of ATS expressing feeling in a thread like this.
First thing you need to do is be prepared that she does not love oyu.
After that, make your move. You must tell her how you feel, before its too late.
Before she finds anotehr. Before she goes back to him
Then, after you get her, for the rest of her life treat her like the queen you just described to everyone.
Print off a copy of this thread and keep with you.
Then years down the road when things are not as rosy, look to this thread to see how you once felt about her!

Best of luck my friend.

- The irreproachable Mr. Beezer, at your service ©

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
What Zedd said. If you're the guy that helps her through this, you'll get the "You're such a great friend." or "You're like a brother to me. Thanks for being there." and she'll go out with someone else, leaving you holding the bag. Be her friend, but don't be her friend that helps hear get over this guy. Been there, done that. I've been left holding the bag lots of times, and it sucks.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
What I mean by that is right now, you might be on the "friend" list. Bad place to be.

Definition of Friend: Someone who is really fantastic, but has some flaw such that you can't date them.

Wait it out...

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
All I know is this:

Don't be the rebound guy. You'll pick her up and put her back together, she'll get over it, say thanks alot and end it.

Let someone else do that.

It doesn't matter if you have to wait a year, two years. DO NOT BE THE REBOUND GUY!

If you love her now and it's real, it will still be real in two years, five years, ten years. You can wait for that. You can date others in the meantime, so can she. Give her the time to realise what a great guy you are by not being pushy or, worse, a cling-on. Just be your normal cool self for a while.

Let her date someone else for a while, when that one ends let her know how you feel.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hello, Mr Beezer here.

All I can say is you may want to be the rebound guy. If your a good enough rebound then you can keep her.

If you let her go and count on her coming back to you after a few years you may be sadly mistaken. She may meet her own "Mr. Beezer" and it's lights out for any relationship for you.

I met her about 4 weeks ago.

Not alot of history for her to come back too after she "rebounds.

Go for it now!

Just my 2 rubel's worth of advice.

- The irreproachable Mr. Beezer, at your service ©

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I talker to her tonight. I asked her if theres any chance she'll get back together with him. She just looked at me. I lokked at her and asked her if she still loved him, she said yes.

I think im gonna give it a while. Make a good firendship with her, and if shes still single, I might ask her out.

I dont want to spring this on her and lose a possible girlfirend, and lose her as a friend as well.

Thanks for the advice people. I really appreaciate it.

Best regards.
Jared

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
About 10 mins ago, I asked her out. And she said YES!

-Jared

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm an old dude and I've been thru this many times. The chances of her getting back with her old boy friend are close to 99%.

Love is great; just be sure you can take it when the substance travels thru those spinning blades.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by theshadowknows
About 10 mins ago, I asked her out. And she said YES!

-Jared

Awesome man
Congrats!

We've all been there...Those first few weeks are a bit odd, to say the least

Your timing is never quite what you wished it to be in hindsight during those first few dates....

I shoulda done this...I shoulda said that....

Don't sweat the small stuff - These things have a way of working themseles out...

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Mod Edit: Removed inappropriate suggestions…

[edit on 12/6/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
didn't last too long. Got back together with him without even telling me.

Im so pissed, everything in my life is always ruined. Just when it starts progressing into something good, it always fades.

-J

[edit on 12-10-2005 by theshadowknows]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Told ya man bet ya feel like you want to die,this exact same thing what happend to me i feel your pain U2U me if you want some support

[edit on 10-12-2005 by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
You are a lucky basterd. I wish I could fall for someone. Hope it works out for you.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Im sorry to hear things havn't worked out for you thus far. The rebound guy is never a nice guy to be when she's done with him. However, things are never lost! Keep being there, without being annoying and be friendly, without being 'the friend'.

If they broke up in the past, then there is a good chance it may happen again, often a couple will rebound toward each other and have another short dating stint before accepting that whatever problem caused them to innitially break up hasn't dissapeared. Just hang in there man, the pendulum will swing your way... then catch it!

p.s. I love the your line "Ususally, im just a normal guy looking for sex."
Classic.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
dont fall in love with a woman that has more problems than you

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
dont fall in love with a woman that has more problems than you

That's too true....

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Modulus
Im sorry to hear things havn't worked out for you thus far. The rebound guy is never a nice guy to be when she's done with him. However, things are never lost! Keep being there, without being annoying and be friendly, without being 'the friend'.

If they broke up in the past, then there is a good chance it may happen again, often a couple will rebound toward each other and have another short dating stint before accepting that whatever problem caused them to innitially break up hasn't dissapeared. Just hang in there man, the pendulum will swing your way... then catch it!

p.s. I love the your line "Ususally, im just a normal guy looking for sex."
Classic.

I mostly agree with this post. I think the only thing that is important if you REALLY want her is to like he said "don't be the let's be friends friend". It will be the deal breaker unless you are a true player and want only the sex. Then by all means do your thang. But on a real note, kill the boyfriend verbally every chance you get. Go to www.fastseduction.com and look for the boyfriend killer. It works great and afterward show her the man you can be, not the hanger on and little intimidated boy that most guys fall into.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join