It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Galileo find water on Jupiter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 06:14 AM
link   
According to these guys Galileo found WATER on Jupiter............ introducing the possibility that Jupiter is a living planet........
see here

www.cyberspaceorbit.com...

The argument for crashing Galileo into Jupiter was to stop contamination of the seas of Eurpoa.

Maybe we contaminated an ocean after all?

[Edited on 23-9-2003 by mulberryblueshimmer]

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Galileo once looked down closer and allegedly observed... WATER.

I would say they are more than likely discussing water VAPOR, as there is little to any chance of experiencing liquid water.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   
whats the average temperature of jupiter? that'll tell ya if they're speaking of vapour or liquid water, cuz water has to do what temperature says

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   
i cant remember where i saw it, but apparently the atmospheric pressure is so great and the weather is so volatile on Jupiter that galileo wouldnt get down far enough to see the surface before it was either destroyed by lightning (jupe's lightning apparently makes ours look like a spark from a cigarette lighter), or crushed. so it was probably a vapour cloud

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Indeed waters' state (liquid or vapor) depends on the temperature... however, liquid can only exist when there is something to physically support it. When, as in this case, there is NOTHING but gas, you have but one option....

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I don't know exactly of it finding water at jupiter itself
but it did find it on one of its moons. the one called Europe

Ace

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
if i am not mistaking Temprature on Jupiter is 125 kelvin or something
atmosphere excists mostly out of hydrogen and Helium

the biggest moon from jupiter europe
has a frozen surface (ice) they say there is liquid water underneath it

thats what i know about it never heard or read anything about water being on Jupiter
but you never know everything is possible

[Edited on 23-9-2003 by Ace]

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 03:47 AM
link   
When I heard that they didn't want to crash galileo on europe, because of them fear of polluting the sattelite, that might content an embryionic life, I asked myself if they'd better not do so, and crash the probe on Europe :

Maybe a small particle of life comming from earth would "contaminate" the planet...

top topics

join