It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You cant die by dreaming that you died

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Just incase there are people still out there that think you can actually die by dying in a dream, you cant.

In dreams i've died by falling off a tall building, by being buried alive in a coffin that an octopus like monster threw me in and covered me over with dirt, and just today, i dreampt that i killed myself with an AWP sniper rifle (like the one out of the game Counter-Strike), putting a bullet point blank range right into my brain.

You cannot die in a dream.

Just letting those that didn't know...know...

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Dreams that you die in them are ways the body tells you your sick (have the flu or cold or something worse) and the symptoms havent shown up yet

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 04:51 AM
link   
same here ive had loads of dreams of myself dying althou how do we know we didnt die and we still are in the dream?

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The purpose of dreams is to keep you asleep, there are all sorts of unconscious fears and repressed memories and urges that may come bubbling to the surface and if they become too shocking to you you will wake up.

I can't recall ever hitting the ground when I'm falling, or anything like the fatal shot to the head you describe.

How do you know you have died in the dream? Surely you are aware and awake and out of the dream before you die - or do you imagine some after-death experience in your dream? What would that be?

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Because when i shot myself int he head with a big mutha of a sniper rifle that would have blown my head apart, i knew i was dreaming b4 i did it, and i actually thought to myself, it's just a dream, i'm not gunna die, then i looked at the person who was going to kill me, put the gun below my chin, and BAM!, it took about 2 seconds for me to wake up after that. When i pulled the trigger it felt like my thought patterns were going funny, something wasn't right, so i woke myself up ;P

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 05:03 AM
link   
i always remember the pain i felt when ive been shot in my dreams. and also falling off high places and falling to the ground and lying in a pool of blood. the best dreams are when u know you are dreaming and can manipulate everything.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 05:42 AM
link   
KurtCobain, yeah Lucid dreaming is awesome ;P

Masked Avatar, before i shot myself i knew i was dreaming so it didn't matter if i did shoot myself int he head in my dream thus killing me, And yes i did expect to have an oob experience sorta thing, but i didn't, i just felt my brain do some weird thing like i was slipping away, then i was like, i just killed myself in my dream ,this is feeling a bit weird, i better wake up now just in case ;P

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 06:02 AM
link   
DaRAGE

A perfectly clear answer you gave to the question of how you knew you were dead (or dying) in your dream - many thanks!

By the way, do you know that you answered twice?

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
yeah i realise now ;P

The first answer wasn't even aimed at you, as when i wrote it i hadn't even seen your post, you did your post as i was writing it... now is that a bit weird or a bit funny

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
MA
I have died in a dream.
I knew I was dying because I was having the life sucked out of me by a vampire and slowly everything began to fade to black until there was nothing. The dream ended.
I remeined in a dreamless sleep until I woke.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I've died in dreams before, that's what started my quest to learn of past lives, etc., as I kept reliving those deaths.

However, you CAN die in dreams by your dream, if you are already suffering an ailment that can be made worse by stress. After all, a guy with a weak ticker, and a nightmare, just may buy it in his sleep....

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
that interesting. I've never actually died in a dream. I've never hit the ground when I've been falling or been caught by whoever was chasing me. it's probably because my self-destructive impulses tend to show up in my concious mind, for better or worse.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

In dreams i've died by falling off a tall building, by being buried alive in a coffin that an octopus like monster threw me in and covered me over with dirt, and just today, i dreampt that i killed myself with an AWP sniper rifle (like the one out of the game Counter-Strike), putting a bullet point blank range right into my brain.

LOL I just uninstalled Counter-Strike 2 weeks ago, because of work and it was too addicting. AWP to the head in your dream huh? How much damage did you inflict...... 432 damage? HEADSHOT
Oh and I know about counterstrike dreams lol. Playing to much of that game use to give me some CS dreams as well.

Don't make me PWN you cause I'm 1337

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I never die in my dreams.. I remember one dream when I realised it was a dream and I jumped out through the window of a really tall building

When I hit the ground I jumped back up.. it was a silly dream

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 08:06 AM
link   
But there are known cases/stories of people seemingly healthy who have died in their sleep. Could it be that they did actually die in a dream and in turn died in their sleep, which would make it possible to die from a dream? Sure, maybe you guys are the lucky percentage who have not been so unfortunate but we cannot really know if this is fact or not..anything, I mean anything is possible within the mind.
Magestica

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I believe it is possible for dreams to kill you. After all, some studies have shown that a percentage(can't remember the number) of people who dream.. when they are underwater, they will stop breathing. Some will keep breathing.. but others will not.

And there is the theory that SIDS is caused by the baby dreaming it is back in the womb, and therefore stops breathing.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This post just make me think that it is possible for only those people to share their experiences here, who saw themselves die in dreams but are still alive . If there anyone who saw itself dying and died really, can't share anything here. Dontcha think so?

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
or you fall down so fast and scarry you die of a heart attack?

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I dreamt that I was in a shop that was being raided and I was ducked down behind the counter when this man came up to me and pointed a gun at my forehead and pulled the trigger . Every thing then slowed right down and I was aware of the bullet entering my head and starting to move through it. I didn't feel afraid or feel any pain at all and strangely the only thought going through my mind was "not again" at this point I woke up but for a little while could still feel the sensation of this bullet moving through my head.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Just incase there are people still out there that think you can actually die by dying in a dream, you cant.

You cannot die in a dream.

Just letting those that didn't know...know...

The wierdest death dream I ever had I was on the back of a sport fishing boat on the ocean and a wave came over the back of the boat washing me in the water. My clothes became quickly waterlogged and as I sank towards the bottom I could see the ship getting farther and farther away.

I woke up before I died though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join