It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wake up America !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   
We're all asleep dammit!

WAkE UP AND TAKE PART IN YOUR DESTINY.

Do you not see the smoke and mirrors?

Both sides Democratic, and Republican seem to be on the same side of the coin.

What is it going to take to change this country back into something everyone can be proud of?

I'm not going to go into all the chaos, and gov't BS that’s going on, but if our leaders can't tell the truth, they have no right in governing us.

Please stand up for your futures, and make some god damn noise about the current state of things. If you see something you don't like, stand up and scream it from the roof tops. Otherwise you are just giving up your freedoms willingly. Yeah that’s right I’m talking to you!!!! If I’m not talking to you then may I take this time to congratulate your efforts at making our world a better more HONEST place. The lies, ohh God the lies.

I'm fully American, and I actually give a damn, but when I challenge the status quo, others see me as something other than American, but having your own opinions about things is at the core of being American.

I'm so frustrated with this world, and there is no amount of typing that can get across my maddening state of mind. I feel I may be going crazy, but if I am, it's because there is no truth to be found. Nobody, and I mean nobody can filter the bull from the facts, and total discontinuity within our country is upon us. NOW!!!!!

Ohhh, and can someone please enlighten me about why it took until the very end of 2005 to address the immigration problems. If this is not a perfect example of the gov't playing into the hands of popular opinion at just the right moment to get a political strong-hold on the issue, I don't what is.

For Christ sake, what took them so long to get the hint. I fear they don't even care about the issue, they just want to take our focus off the other hard issues right now.

The complexities of all these crazy issues has done nothing but put us in a state of disrepair. NONE OF OUR PROBLEMS ARE BEING SOLVED AS A NATION. NONE.

WHAT SAY YOU WORLD?

[edit on 30-11-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Wake Up, Umerikuh!

Originally posted by shixta
WHAT SAY YOU WORLD?

I say, you wouldn't happen to be related to Earl Pitts, would you?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
K, chill. There are offically 3 CTs, including myself "waking up" the BSB fanbase(5-8 million fans on the net). I've been awake since middle school, and people didn't start listening to me till last year at (19). It takes time, maybe if we start chapters or something to wake people up in our little regions of the country we may have a bigger impact. It wouldn't hurt to expose all of the "rigged" elections in Ohio and Flordia, the last 4-8 terms.

So calm down, and where are you from(in the USA)? I live in Buckeye country.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Yes please calm down shixta with legions BSB fans on our side victory is assured.

But seriously I've never held the belief that republicans and democrats are two sides of the same coin. I mean just look at were they stand on key issues like abortion, gay rights and gun control the differences are numerous and unmissable.

And as far as politicians lying and being corrupt thats the way its always been. Sure there have been heroic figures throughout our history like George Washington and Abraham Lincoln who could govern the nation by just the force of their respective character but sadly those days are long gone.

I'm also a proud american I believe the Declaration of Independence, The Constitution and the Bill of Rights are the greatest documents ever conceived by the mind of man. And I think its great that you posted this thread. And certainly we have to keep a much better eye on our government. After all when it was revealed that the Congress had been fooled into the Vietnam war we all said never again but look what happened we all get taken for a ride again and with a not to dissimilar result.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   
There will be a time, most likely in our lifetimes, when the only thing we can count on is ourselves. A time where gov't can't save us, and who said it was their jobs to oversee our total and utter salvation in the first place. I agree that it is the job of gov't to protect us from foreign threats, but anymore they strive to protect us from ourselves, and that grates on every painful emotion I can muster.

At some point we need to be responsible for ourselves, beyond the umbrella of a sweeping gov't marshal law or possible quarantine. A good example, although not perfect, would be seat belt laws. There is no evidence that seat belts save lives, and they force us to do it, and if we don't they get to rake in the state revenue via tickets. They gift wrap this notion through the idea that it is for the betterment of society, but it's just another control mechanism and revenue stream. Can anybody see this? It's not gov't job to decide for me. I should have the freedom to decide for myself, right?

Democrats, and Republicans may "differ" in terms of issues, but the whole thing is a system of increased control and limitation of human potential. They no longer fight for individual rights, they implement constraint after constraint. Both sides are united in that they keep making collective decisions that bind our futures to something less than desirable, for me at least.

I can't speak for everyone, only myself, but everyday I encounter the shackles of big gov't involvement.

Neither am I saying that all our leaders are in on this agenda, just enough for me to be a little skeptical of any media outlet, especially if they declare themselves "Fair and Balanced."

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
i think we need to just stop letting white people become president for the next 5 elections...

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I could go for that. Madnessinmysoul.

And how come the Supreme Court justice nominations and confirmations seem to be so much more involved than okaying a U.S. president?

How, and Why is Bush eligible in the first place? What were his credentials? Governor of Tex. HuM?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
yeah, there should be a PAT (presidential aptatude (spelling) test)

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I really enjoy your Einstein quote.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by danwild6
But seriously I've never held the belief that republicans and democrats are two sides of the same coin. I mean just look at were they stand on key issues like abortion, gay rights and gun control the differences are numerous and unmissable.

Ah, but there you reveal the key to the whole deception: the idea that things like abortion, gay rights, and gun control are "key issues."

What about workers' rights? What about the excess of corporate power and influence on government? What about the widening gap in wealth between the very rich and everyone else? What about the declining middle class? What about the export of capital overseas to countries with oppressive governments and consequent cheap labor, aided and abetted by free trade agreements -- often championed by Democratic politicians who may, indeed, also take stances you like on abortion, gay rights and gun control.

What we have in this country are two corporatist parties, one of which caters to the religious right and the other of which does not. The issues I mentioned in the paragraph above are kept off the table, reducing the whole political dialogue to one concerning social issues, about which America's dominant corporations don't care a fig. That way, no matter which party is elected, they win, and we lose.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Two Steps Forward, Right On With You're Bad Self.

Exactly what i was "trying" to say, however much better put than I.

Thanks for that post.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Wow, someone I can see being like Me, with what I've been saying for 25 some years now (I'm 32, been saying this since I was 6 years old).

Hey shixta, look for some of my posts & replies to others on here.

This is My first post that didn't get yanked by a moderator :

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I say, spread the word, & stop ignoring the smoke & mirrors, & look at the man behind the curtain.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Curtain Call

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
I say, spread the word, & stop ignoring the smoke & mirrors, & look at the man behind the curtain.

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   
LMAO. Thank you Majic, you made Me laugh real hard with the picture.

I wasn't talking specifically about the Wizard of Oz, but that was the perfect example of what I meant.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
This Guy's Butler Is A Rothschild, And His Maid Is A Rockefeller

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
I wasn't talking specifically about the Wizard of Oz, but that was the perfect example of what I meant.

You know, I try to spread the terrible truth that Professor Marvel really does control the world, but no one listens. :shk:

If only they knew...

Question everything.

top topics

join