It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucis Trust a branch of the Illuminati?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
But back to Lucis Trust.........
I am "down with" some of the ideas I have seen presented by this organization, but all in all I get an instinctivly bad vibe from some of their work. Even the Great Invocation is shady IMO. I feel that they say one thing and mean another and come on folks, a chapel in the UN and all this talk about Maitriya and another name or two for the leader of the "new" all world religion. IF we basically agree that a global enslavement is in the works and with all the warnings of a deciever playing like a saviour and saying all the right things to make people follow him don't you think that this organization has alot of red flags surrounding it's aura?

I don't know, it just doesn't feel right and I think they weren't very smart to place a chapel in the UN, because you have to wonder what their role is in the big picture. My misgivings have nothing to do with the word Lucis and the relationship with Lucifer, it just seems like they want "you" or "us" to channel entities which might take your soul!!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
My misgivings have nothing to do with the word Lucis and the relationship with Lucifer, it just seems like they want "you" or "us" to channel entities which might take your soul!!!!!

This is what I've always wondered.

Did Alice Bailey teach channelling?

If so, this totally goes against the original teachings of the Theosophical Society, which taught that channelling, mediumism, spiritism, spiritualism, etc. are emphatically Black Magic(I believe, if my memory serves me correctly, that H.S. Olcott met H.P. Blavatsky at a seance(he was there in the first place to debunk her psychic claims), and eventually convinced her that channelling is harmful(even though he did recognize her psychic powers), as she was a practitioner of mediumism at the time).

The only rare exception to "channelling" being Black Magic, are designated Oracles who are appointed by the Cosmic Hierarchies, in order to go into mediumistic trances in order to receive messages from specific dieties(aspects of the One God), as to relay decisions of importance to the people.

For example: The Panchen Lama gives the Dalai Lama information based on such "channellings".

H.P. Blavatsky's "The Voice of the Silence" was approved by both the Panchen Lama and the Dalai Lama.

But such designated Oracles, such as the Oracle of Delphi and the Panchen Lama are very rare, and have nothing to do with seance rooms and the "New Age" schools of mediumism that are, as Samael Aun Weor says, "as abundant as weeds" these days.

[edit on 3-10-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Perhaps some "channeling" could be likened more of a spiritual impression of some kind rather than something inhabiting your being.

I had an aqaintance I will call a friend when I first came to ATS. She was sharing with me through email and I felt she was a kind of teacher of sorts. She was BIG in Lucis Trust and the more I knew her the more I felt I knew her. Only different than she knew herself. I could see her pain that she denied.

I think the organization took her light and distinguished it. She claimed to channel greys from Sirius and to fight demons as well. Both brave lofty endevours, but I feel that to fight something is to give it power and to expose yourself needlesly. She was terrified of storms. She was just scared, yet she felt LT saved her life, I believe they stole it.

You shall know a tree by it's fruit, correct?

Tamahu, I thought you might be big on LT since it is somewhat in line with the Gnostic teachings. But as you say there are Black and White lodges within the same thought bank, eh?

I hope I don't get targeted from saying this as I think LT is somewhat powerful, but I will never refrain from sharing what I hold as truth out of fear.

To my knowledge Alice Bailey did not channel. As being discussed on a current thread, when you are asked to host an entity I see that as a trick because if such is supposed to convey info to us there will be another medium to do so available.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by siriuslyone

Consider this. The Bible says that even Satan can appear as an angel of light and his ministers appearing as ministers of righteousness, though their end is according to their works (2 Cor 11:14). It tells nothing that people appear to do good so they cannot be questioned. Even an evil person will do good when he tries to get something in return. If for nothing else, appeasement for his evil behavior (works righteousness to cover wrong).

So Could the "White Light" be the same as the "light-bearer" which is what the name "Lucifer" means? Lucifer is in the Old Testament as well before Christinaity. Pagans (rooted in Babylonian culture) worshiped the Sun-god, which in many names: Baal, Mthra, Tanmmuz, Osirus, etc is associated with the same "light-bearer" you know as Lucifer. Luciferians believe him to have given freedom of knowledge, like in the Graden of Eden. Though the action was to enslave men to sin. think about it.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Directly from The Lucis Trust website:

www.lucistrust.org...

The Esoteric Meaning of Lucifer
There are comments on the World Wide Web claiming that the Lucis Trust was once called the Lucifer Trust. Such was never the case. However, for a brief period of two or three years in the early 1920’s, when Alice and Foster Bailey were beginning to publish the books published under her name, they named their fledgling publishing company “Lucifer Publishing Company”. By 1925 the name was changed to Lucis Publishing Company and has remained so ever since.Both “Lucifer” and “Lucis” come from the same word root, lucis being the Latin generative case meaning of light. The Baileys' reasons for choosing the original name are not known to us, but we can only surmise that they, like the great teacher H.P. Blavatsky, for whom they had enormous respect, sought to elicit a deeper understanding of the sacrifice made by Lucifer. Alice and Foster Bailey were serious students and teachers of Theosophy, a spiritual tradition which views Lucifer as one of the solar Angels, those advanced Beings Who Theosophy says descended (thus “the fall”) from Venus to our planet eons ago to bring the principle of mind to what was then animal-man. In the theosophical perspective, the descent of these solar Angels was not a fall into sin or disgrace but rather an act of great sacrifice, as is suggested in the name “Lucifer” which means light-bearer.

See it was never Lucifer Trust it was "Lucifer Publishing Company". Well, I guess that makes it okay?!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

[edit on 20-3-2009 by moonleaf]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonleaf

See it was never Lucifer Trust it was "Lucifer Publishing Company". Well, I guess that makes it okay?!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I've always felt that "Lucifer" has been given a bad rap. Since "Lucifer" means "bringer of light", we must conclude that all those who continuously rant and rave in opposition to the term "Lucifer" must themselves be "bringers of darkness".

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

I'm glad someone said that, because I've always felt the same way myself. It seems like Lucifer's (and his fellow fallen angels) "crimes" were so benign to incite such wrath... wanting to bring light and knowledge to mankind, or not wanting to bow down to man because he believed man an inferior being, or even for loving god too much, depending on what version of the Lucifer story you want to look at. Either way, it seems odd that a god of love and light would find any one of those "transgressions" to warrant being cast from heaven into an eternal abyss of doom, or wherever Lucifer was banished to...

On another note, this post sheds some light onto a dream I recently had, where I was walking around a swanky hotel with all black and red decor, and the lighting was all red as well, looking for my lost backpack... near the end, I passed a beautiful glass sign that was also back lit by a red light, and etched into the glass was "LUCIS". That dream was odd on so many levels...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
If you get H.P. Blavatsky's point then you'll eventually be making money. Her books helped me immensely. As far as going from poverty to extreme wealth overnight... no, but you'll be on your way if you pick up on her hints.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone

Originally posted by Cug

I do not have anytime for Crowley followers, I have investigated all I need to know about him..as you surely are a satanist--------------be gone~

You are very defensive, if you do not respect other's belief systems, there is no need to be nasty or childish.

Be gone? I have honestly answered your questions in the past and tried to be helpful and I get a be gone??

do Nice example you are setting on behalf of the Lucis Trust.

I know it is a nice example of AAB,Lucis as we shun devils and evil, but of course you would not know that......
I disagree, as a student in the Arcane School of Lucis Trust.
Servers are entirely neutral. They will not vow for or against something, as initiates know and see the 'good' there is in 'evil'. They do not judge. They are not 'Lightworkers' in the modern New Age sense, although they work with Light, they are no 'Darkworkers', although they would act in a way others would deem negative if it's needed in a situation. They are Workers. Servers.

On Crowley: there is a strong First Ray message in his earliest little work about his Law. Do As Thou Willst, very true. On personality level I feel he's exaggerated a bit, and adapted some behaviour I would not like to commit to. But he gave way to a revival of an old symbolic, ritual kind of thinking, which has its value. It should not be viewed too lightly, let alone put in practize without enough power and experience to harness the energies. It's working with lower elementals...they tend to be stubborn...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
A good read, this thread. In particular because I study in Arcane School, Lucis Trust's educational branch. I do not know anything of their political agenda, and to what extent they have influence in the UN. I do know that their way of thinking is hard to understand for outsiders, hard to penetrate. This is why it's called an 'occult school'; until you resonate with their teachings, with their line of thought, it is hard to comprehend and penetrate into their real meaning, their real work, their real intentions.

I am totally positive that they have no 'satanic' agenda. That becomes clear when you study in their School.
And to answer the original question: they are not more or less complexely organised than any other organisation. So there will always be parts you don't know off, don't see. That doesn't mean they're 'bad' or something. Lucis Trust is no 'secret society', nor is it a branch of that vague term 'Illuminati' ('enlightened', do you really think 'they' are all 'bad'? Sure there is a dark side, as with Masonry it's hijacked by dark forces, but there is no one group Illuminati...pure bs).

And no; it doesn't make you rich. The study is hard, long (a set I'm working on takes half a year, there's seven of it, and I'm a few months overdue with my papers...) and it does not make your life easier or better. It makes you develop your personality, through study meditation and service, face all your 'faults' and release them to and by the light of your soul. It's hard work, internally. Outside you become a egoless server. That might be simple work (I clean homes of old, disabled and ill people) or worldchanging leadership. Doesn't matter, it's the Light you spread... And for that Light to spread, you have to become a purified channel, a Soul in the flesh. The struggle to get there is hard, and takes a long time, a lot of effort and very much fallbacks...As I'm experiencing right now f.i. Months overdue with the work, they just wait for me. They accept everybody's path as being unique. Lucis Trust/Arcane School is there to help you develop. It's no easy choice, no easy way. But you'll become rich. Internally enriched. You'll become a Server to mankind. What's more beautiful than that?!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
No, it's just super-high level astral level esoteric teachings, a continuation to Blavatsky.

The Secret Doctrine, The Second Coming Of Christ..

It's impossible to read these books word by word, they are not meant to, Blavatsky said so herself. I never, ever force Theosophy on anyone. A lot of this stuff will come to being, mostly in the scientific field. It might sound nutty, but I think Blavatsky was one of the true and few "mediums" or whatever you want to call it. That doesn't prove that she wasn't crazy as hell 'tho.

The text above this post is pretty good. Blavatsky's (you can't talk about Bailey or LT without talking about Blavatsky) teachings draw a lot from the esoteric side of Buddhism, Hinduism, Sufi, Egyptian religions, etc. The variety is just HUGE. It's absolutely about light, although sometimes the subjects are about "evil" aspects in our lives.

A bit like Castaneda, it really doesn't matter if she came up with some of the stuff (even that i don't approve dishonesty), that's not the issue. Maybe some of the stuff came to her in dreams, some she learned from some Monks, who knows.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Tryptych]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I am a vessel for the Grays, this is NOT a life one would choose if they had not agreed to it before this lifetime.
When out of body, the Grays will accompany me to any place I wish and yes the spaceship Pluto is and as well as the constellation of Canis Majora.
Not all members of the White Lodge are human and it is a error to 'see' them that way..

I think this thread has already abundantly shown that the Lucis Trust is a rather...unusual organization.

The next time you dudes are hanging out with the Greys at the Great White Lodge of Sirius A, tell the Messiah I said 'hi'.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Eleleth]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Eleleth

that's a conclusion on one or more quotes from one student in that school, not even a board member or otherwise political figure there

easily judged...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

Originally posted by Tamahu
Next thing you know they're going to say that Buddha was from outer-space.

Haha! This is an ironic statement considering that I posted it back when I thought that I had found the final infallible truth within the Gnostic teachings of the White Lodge.

And here is why:

Samael Aun Weor(and Rudolf Steiner I believe) wrote that Buddha(Sakyamuni I assume) had in a previous incarnation performed on the Planet Mars the same thing that Jesus did on this Planet.

And in the forward to John Myrdhin Reynolds' "The Golden Letters", Namkhai Norbu(a high Lama who is affiliated, directly or indirectly, with both the Dalai Lama and the Dugpas, and who Leo Zagami claims is known to associate with Illuminists of High Grade Italian Freemasonry) wrote that there is a Tantra which states that Dzogchen(the highest teaching of Buddhist, Bonpo, and Hindu Tantra) came to Earth after already having been taught in other Solar systems.

Originally posted by Nameless Hussy
On another note, this post sheds some light onto a dream I recently had, where I was walking around a swanky hotel with all black and red decor, and the lighting was all red as well, looking for my lost backpack... near the end, I passed a beautiful glass sign that was also back lit by a red light, and etched into the glass was "LUCIS". That dream was odd on so many levels...

This reminds me of Black Lodge scenes from David Lynch's "Twin Peaks".

If you haven't seen said scenes, you could Google images of it.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Tamahu]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I disagree, as a student in the Arcane School of Lucis Trust.
Servers are entirely neutral. They will not vow for or against something, as initiates know and see the 'good' there is in 'evil'. They do not judge. They are not 'Lightworkers' in the modern New Age sense, although they work with Light, they are no 'Darkworkers', although they would act in a way others would deem negative if it's needed in a situation. They are Workers. Servers.

On Crowley: there is a strong First Ray message in his earliest little work about his Law. Do As Thou Willst, very true. On personality level I feel he's exaggerated a bit, and adapted some behaviour I would not like to commit to. But he gave way to a revival of an old symbolic, ritual kind of thinking, which has its value. It should not be viewed too lightly, let alone put in practize without enough power and experience to harness the energies. It's working with lower elementals...they tend to be stubborn...

That was a nice post.

I disagree with some of the channeling points being mentioned. Why are people forgetting that H.P.B also channeled the Secret Doctrine? Channeling is the same with everything else, where theres good there is bad and vice versa.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Peace The Fifth

The likes of Manly P. Hall, Samael Aun Weor, and Rudolf Steiner would say that H.P. Blavatsky, rather than performing seances to attain info for her books, was able to utilize her Astral body in order to visit and study in Temples in the Astral Plane.

In other words H.P.B. shunned mediumship after the Theosophical Society was formed.

We can see in H.P. Blavatsky's writings that she was against mediumship(which is much different than Astral Projection):

LODGES OF MAGIC: Article by H. P. Blavatsky

There is a secret body--whose diploma, or Certificate of Membership, is held by Colonel Olcott alone among modern men of white blood--to which that name was given by the author of "Isis Unveiled" for convenience of designation,2 but which is known among Initiates by quite another one, just as the personage known to the public under the pseudonym of "Koot Hoomi," is called by a totally different name among his acquaintance. What the real name of that society is, it would puzzle the "Eulian" phallicists of the "H. B. of L." to tell. The real names of Master Adepts and Occult Schools are never, under any circumstances, revealed to the profane; and the names of the personages who have been talked about in connection with modem Theosophy, are in the possession only of the two chief founders of the Theosophical Society. And now, having said so much by way of preface, let us pass on to our correspondent's letter. He writes:

"A friend of mine, a natural mystic, had intended to form, with others, a Branch T.S. in his town. Surprised at his delay, I wrote to ask the reason. His reply was that he had heard that the T.S. only met and talked, and did nothing practical. I always did think the T.S. ought to have Lodges in which something practical should be done. Cagliostro Understood well this craving of humans for something before their eyes, when he instituted the Egyptian Rite, and put it in practice in various Freemason lodges. There are many readers of LUCIFER in __________ shire. Perhaps in it there might be a suggestion for students to form such lodges for themselves, and to try, by their united wills, to develop certain powers in one of the number, and then through the whole of them in succession. I feel sure numbers would enter such lodges, and create a great interest for Theosophy."

"A."

In the above note of our venerable and learned friend is the echo of the voices of ninety-nine hundredths of the members of the Theosophical Society: one-hundredth only have the correct idea of the function and scope of our Branches. The glaring mistake generally made is in the conception of adeptship and the path thereunto. Of all thinkable undertakings that of trying for adeptship is the most difficult. Instead of being obtainable within a few years or one lifetime, it exacts the unremittent struggles of a series of lives, save in cases so rare as to be hardly worth regarding as exceptions to the general rule. The records certainly show that a number of the most revered Indian adepts became so despite their births in the lowest, and seemingly most unlikely, castes. Yet it is well understood that they had been progressing in the upward direction throughout many previous incarnations, and, when they took birth for the last time, there was left but the merest trifle of spiritual evolution to be accomplished, before they became great living adepts. Of course, no one can say that one or all of the possible members of our friend "A." 's ideal Cagliostrian lodge might not also be ready for adeptship, but the chance is not good enough to speculate upon:

Western civilization seems to develop fighters rather than philosophers, military butchers rather than Buddhas. The plan "A." proposes would be far more likely to end in mediumship than adeptship.

Two to one there would not be a member of the lodge who was chaste from boyhood and altogether untainted by the use of intoxicants. This is to say nothing of the candidates' freedom from the polluting effects of the evil influences of the average social environment. Among the indispensable pre-requisites for psychic development, noted in the mystical Manuals of all Eastern religious systems, are a pure place, pure diet, pure companionship, and a pure mind. Could "A." guarantee these? It is certainly desirable that there should be some school of instruction for members of our Society; and had the purely exoteric work and duties of the Founders been less absorbing, probably one such would have been established long ago. Yet not for practical instruction, on the plan of Cagliostro, which, by-the-bye, brought direful suffering upon his head, and has left no marked traces behind to encourage a repetition in our days. "When the pupil is ready, the teacher will be found waiting," says an Eastern maxim. The Masters do not have to hunt up recruits in special __________ shire lodges, nor drill them through mystical non-commissioned officers: time and space are no barriers between them and the aspirant; where thought can pass they can come. Why did an old and learned Kabalist like "A." forget this fact?

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Tamahu]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
as far as I have researched it was originaly called the lucios trust.
Infer what you wish.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Peace The Fifth

The likes of Manly P. Hall, Samael Aun Weor, and Rudolf Steiner would say that H.P. Blavatsky, rather than performing seances to attain info for her books, was able to utilize her Astral body in order to visit and study in Temples in the Astral Plane.

In other words H.P.B. shunned mediumship after the Theosophical Society was formed.

We can see in H.P. Blavatsky's writings that she was against mediumship(which is much different than Astral Projection)

Peace to you to Tamahu. hope your well.

Well theres no doubt in my mind that H.P Blavatsky did attain lots of knowledge in the astral, i believe she also 'conventionally' channeled aswell. No seance as such, but more in the form as when spirit comes through. Interesting point about her shunning mediumship when the Society was formed, will ask and look into that. Thanks for brining that up.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I am sort of curious how the Secret Doctrine was written as well. Isis Unveiled strikes me as a rather conventional book, where most of her material is simply lifted from other books she had on hand—with appropriate footnotes, most of the time. This page seems to address it, although it might raise even more questions:

www.theosophy-nw.org...

For Secret Doctrine is entirely new. There will not be there 20 pages quoted by bits from Isis. . . . In four Parts -- Archaic, Ancient, Mediaeval and Modern Periods. Each Part 12 chapters, with Appendices and a Glossary of terms at the end. Countess here, and she sees I have almost no books. Master and Kashmiri (M and KH) dictating in turn. She copies all. -- Theos., Aug. 1931, 667
Please answer immediately. The whole almost is given by the "old gentleman" and Master and there are wonderful things there I tell you. But someone must see to the Sanskrit and the corrections of the exoteric renderings. -- Theos., March 1925, 787

And later on, the question is directly addressed:

Questions as to who wrote The Secret Doctrine and how it was written have been asked ever since the book appeared. HPB made no claim for the entire production. As she explained to Sinnett in her letter of March 3, 1886:

There's a new development and scenery, every morning. I live two lives again. Master finds that it is too difficult for me to be looking consciously into the astral light for my S.D. and so, it is now about a fortnight, I am made to see all I have to as though in my dream. I see large and long rolls of paper on which things are written and I recollect them. -- The Letters of H. P Blavatsky to A. P. Sinnett, 194

The Master KH gives further insight into the writing of the SD in his letter to Olcott, August 1888:

I have also noted, your thoughts about the "Secret Doctrine". Be assured that what she has not annotated from scientific and other works, we have given or suggested to her. Every mistake or erroneous notion, corrected and explained by her from the works of other theosophists was corrected by me, or under my instruction. It is a more valuable work than its predecessor [Isis], an epitome of occult truths that will make it a source of information and instruction for the earnest student for long years to come. -- Letters from the Masters of the Wisdom, No. 19, 1:47, 5th ed.

The co-authorship of The Secret Doctrine is also made plain in joint letters from the Mahatmas M and KH to Dr. Hubbe-Schleiden, received by him in Germany in early January 1886.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Eleleth]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
[edit on 22-5-2010 by jonahemery]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join