It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Scientists Find A Cure For Late Stage Anthrax Infection

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Technically, the headline subz authored did not claim that a cure for anthrax in humans had been found, just a cure. If we want to split hairs, the article claims that all the test animals treated with this antibody -- exposed to 250 to 625 times an LD50 dose -- survived and were healthy, while those who did not receive the treatment succumbed to the infection.

Being REALLY semantic, there is no ATS rule that says your headline has to be anything other than a description of YOUR own submission. I read the article in its entirety and surmised that what the good Doctors at the University of Texas had discovered was a breathtakingly potent cure for late stage anthrax infection.

The reasons why I didnt hedge my bet with the title by adding "possible" in there was two fold. First off, the article describes a stunningly successful clinical trial in guinea pigs and other animals, so successful infact that it went far beyond what the Doctors had hoped for (not even predicted). And secondly, there is already a cure for anthrax infection which involves massive doses of antibiotics and I thought adding that a "possible cure" for late stage anthrax infection would of unnecessarily underplayed the tremendous success of this research. This is not a medical journal and I will eat my mouse pad if other trials don't show the same results.

[edit on 1/12/05 by subz]

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Dietary Restrictions

Originally posted by subz
This is not a medical journal and I will eat my mouse pad if other trials don't show the same results.

It remains to be seen, of course, but I think your mouse pad will be safe.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
It is difficult to see how this thread generated the attack by Frosty. The article was concise and accurate and nothing in the introductory paragraph or the concluding comments seemed controversial--it was just plain good news for a change. This research could end up saving ranchers, in Texas alone, millions of dollars annually. The fact it could perhaps preclude a human catastrophe of almost unimaginable proportions is tremendously important and deserving of nothing but praise.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join