It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ocean Level Rise Observed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I live in so Cal. I watch the tide very closely, and have for the past 30 years. I visit Newport Beach frequently, and have noticed that the predicted tides have been rising every year. When I was a kid, there was no seawall facing the harbor where the Balboa ferry departs for Balboa Island. That wall was built some years ago, in the 80's I believe.

Anyway, when a 7.2 ft. high tide is predicted, the water level is at least 6 inches above the bottom of the seawall. Just 20 years ago, that same tide didn't even reach the wall. I have noticed a marked change in the tidal surge in the Long Beach harbor also. Along the marine stadium, this last summer we had a predicted 7.2 foot high tide, and the water went into the streets across from the marine stadium. It came up through the stormdrains. This never happend to my recollection, especially since it was a habit of mine to cruise the marina during these high tide days.

Does anyone else notice a change in the tides and level of the water?

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Yeh from what I hear from the "The World's No.1 Science & Technology News Service" its actually getting lower www.newscientist.com...

and the tide thing your talking about is more complicated then you thin, the ocean is never leveled it bulges out in places and it will be 10 feet higher in japan then it is in nyc. The ocean always moves like a blob... thats what I see though i might be wrong.

[edit on 30-11-2005 by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz]

join