It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ray Nagin Saves New Orleans!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Do you live in Orleans Parish? Are you in the area now? What is your assessment of the recovery situation? I've only talked to a couple of people, but it seems pretty grim.

[edit on 2005/12/6 by GradyPhilpott]

What recovery situation?

Hope that helps answer your question...

Lakeview still isn't expected to have power for a couple of months I believe. Though there are about 2-3 blocks on the other side of Robert E. Lee, in Lakeshore, that are functional, no water in the houses and power restored.

Check out my blog, I have posted some info on what I've seen in Orleans Parish there.

And, Grady, your right. NOONE expected this to happen. It just never crossed our minds that damage to this extent could be done to us, we never let ourselves think about it.
All my life until this point, and even the day before the storm, we were laughing at the people panicking and boarding up. We were just glad there wasn't any traffic. It was my grandma's birthday and we had gone to Ralph's On the Park, in City Park, for lunch. On the way we were just laughing about it, joking saying "Oh, watch it turn around last minute and strike poor Pensacola like the rest of them do."
I know we never even dreamed of this, and I'm sure we aren't the only ones.

We did not dodge a bullet. We were hit dead center.

Ahem...I've said it before, I'll say it again.

There was no contraflow! At least not in my experience. I didn't even see it from afar. Nothing of the sort.

IAF101, your wrong there buddy, Katrina was just as much a disaster of destruction as anything else, if you had to see this city every day, you'd know that too.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
Google Canberra Bushfires...

You are comparing the Canberra Bushfires to a force 5 hurricane ??

Google US Forest Fires......thats a comparison!!

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
Google Canberra Bushfires...

You are comparing the Canberra Bushfires to a force 5 hurricane ??

Google US Forest Fires......thats a comparison!!

Really, US forest fires happen in the District of Columbia, do they?

Bushfires regularly hit western Sydney. That's a natural disaster, one that causes millions in property and environmental damage and kills people and livestock. A natural disaster the authorities are prepared for. You just don't seem to be getting it. The fact that NO and/or Louisiana were not prepared for a Force 5 hurricane is criminal. If New York was hit and they weren't prepared, that would be different, they don't live in hurricane territory. New Orleans does. End of story.

<< 1  2   >>

join