It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holographic Storage Due late 2006

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
This sounds very interesting. I can't wait until it hits the market, and see how it does. I hope it pans out, unlike other new tech that was supposed to "revolutionalize" computers.

Computers have undergone several revolutions within the past 20 years. They seem to come every 5 years or so and this is coming just in time as the last big breakthrough was the P4's and 100+ GB Harddrive and DDR Ram(whcih was roughly 4-5 years ago). Roughly 5 years before that was the MMX processor and decent video cards and the first really good affordable sound cards. This is not an exact timeline just what roughly happen to give you a better perspective.

The next revolution will be in 3 area's.

1. Physics Chips(they will be integrated into every videocard eventually)
2. Multi-Core CPU's(The new AMD platform Socket 939/940 can use both Dual Core and Conventional CPU's)
3. THIS NEW STORAGE TECHNOLOGY

[edit on 1-12-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
not to be picky but on the multi core reveloution you will find it wont really be on those sockets but on the new socket m where ddr2 and better dual core support will be established.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Do a search for holographic TV and you'll find their working on displaying three dimensional images. How good would that be for state of the art Monitors. They have not cracked it yet, but I remember reading that they are not far away.

If anything it'll only waste a few minutes on research by typing 'holography or holographic TV 2005' into google.

I suppose the good thing about that kind of TV revolution is the cost of large flat screen plasmas etc will drop like a rock.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Maybe well see rimmer from red dwarf appearing at a info desk near you soon.

Watching sports in real three dimension. Holography coming soon.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join